• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 30935

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Also, Monsters Inc was confirmed, but I'm sure we're waiting for a trailer to be uploaded to make a thread about it.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of announcements of announcements but what ever man as long as it is in 2018 its okay.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Why are developers/publishers so concerned with making the release date announcements important? It's quarter four, we all know it's quarter four. Why does it matter when in quarter four?

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Yjey¡'re reeeeeeeeally holding up to not screw it again since FFXV. I can sense them still reducing the scope of the game.

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like FFXV announced for September delayed till November.

Either way one of the most exciting games releasing this year.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
Also worth mentioning that they have also confirmed it is coming put this year.

Yeah, but remember that in AAA development lots of things can change, and problems can appear that were not concieved a month ago. It's SE's first AAA Unreal Engine 4 game IIRC, and we know that when using a new engine, problems happen.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
KH II came out in 2006, hasn't this game been in development hell for like 12 years? Wasn't this supposed to be a PS3 game?

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
We've been waiting for the release date of KH3 for like... 12 years.

But you know it's coming in Q4. Everyone knows it's coming in Q4. Do things drastically change if it comes out in late October or early November? Do you really know what you're going to be doing then if not for this game?

Plus, they delayed FFXV after holding an event centered around it's release date, so it's not like it's even a set in stone thing.

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
But you know it's coming in Q4. Everyone knows it's coming in Q4. Do things drastically change if it comes out in late October or early November? Do you really know what you're going to be doing then if not for this game?

Plus, they delayed FFXV after holding an event centered around it's release date, so it's not like it's even a set in stone thing.
Is it coming in Q4? Like you say, could totally be delayed.

I agree it's all really asinine, they just know how on the hook people are with this game.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Now what are the chances of getting another Square Enix conference this year?
They could have:
KH3 Release Date
Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reveal
Avengers Project Reveal
FF VII Remake
Left Alive
Dragon Quest XI
Project Octopath

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but remember that in AAA development lots of things can change, and problems can appear that were not concieved a month ago. It's SE's first AAA Unreal Engine 4 game IIRC, and we know that when using a new engine, problems happen.

I dunno if it counts but Dragon Quest XI uses UE4, plus I think the purpose a fragmentary passage was to help get use to UE4 for the main game.

I at least believe Nomura or someone from his team said that last part.

TheFireman

Banned
Dec 22, 2017
Now what are the chances of getting another Square Enix conference this year?
They could have:
KH3 Release Date
Shadow of the Tomb Raider Reveal
Avengers Project Reveal
FF VII Remake
Left Alive
Dragon Quest XI
Project Octopath

I donno, they've got a lot of games coming out, but almost all of those seem like they'd have marketing deals and would show up at a first party conference instead.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
I dunno if it counts but Dragon Quest XI uses UE4, plus I think the purpose a fragmentary passage was to help get use to UE4 for the main game.

I at least believe Nomura or someone from his team said that last part.

Uhm... Yeah, i cant count those... Well, KH is their first full fledges game using UE4 that uses real time combat system?

Also, teams arent the same, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.