• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
According to Square Enix, everyone in the Osaka studio is working on Kingdom Hearts 3, with 100 people from its Tokyo studio also involved. Development is split into three sections: Early, middle, and late. There's around three worlds per section, but Square Enix noted that this doesn't mean there's nine worlds in total. The early phase worlds are 90 percent complete, while middle section worlds are at around 60 percent. It didn't confirm what stage the end section is, but Tetsuya Nomura, director of the series, said it was "something he's always wanted to do and put into Kingdom Hearts, ever since the days of working on Final Fantasy." He added: "It is bound to surprise everyone."

Source: Gamespot

OP
OP
Wise

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
They said "this doesn't mean there will be nine worlds in total"

I think that confirms that KH3 will have more than 9 worlds

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Do we have a list of worlds 100% confirmed?
Toy Story, Monster's Inc, Tangled, Twilight Town, Hercules. So thats 5 that I can think of off the top of my head.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
I hope to see some less conventional worlds from previous entries. For example, Alice in Wonderland, Tron Legacy (which I preferred over the original Tron world), Mulan.

Also, is Traverse Town confirmed?

Oct 25, 2017

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
Has to be more than 9

Toystory
Monsterz inc
Tangled
Big hero 6
Hercules

Only leaves 4 for like frozen, poo, twilight, radiant garden

At least Atlantica is out

Surprise nomura world gas to be star wars

• Twilight Town
  • Mysterious Tower
  • Olympus [HE]: Files denote ties to a hammer, Hercules doll, stone blocks and pillars
  • Kingdom of Corona (Tangled/Rapunzel) [RA]: Mention made to bonfires, cliffs, swamps, wetlands and a tower door. Weirdly, it seems to be mixed with files related to Tarzan as well.
  • Galaxy Toys (Toy Story) [TS]: References to an Android Robot, Gigas, Gumball machine and a doll stage.
  • San Fransokyo
  • Monstropolis
  • Arendelle [FZ02]: Tons of icicle and crystal files seemingly confirm this one.
  • 100 Acre Woods [PO]: Data shows links to a honeypot, rabbit house and scarecrow
  • Radiant Garden [RG]: Leaks suggest a world with a castle, computer room and lots of pipes
  • Disney Castle [DC]: Evidence says a library bookshelf, fireplace and dog bed are important here.
  • Land Of Departure, Daybreak Plaza or Daybreak Palace [DP]: This part of the leak has lots of files related to castles and cathedrals.

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Is it only Pixar and Disney 3D animation studio worlds ?

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Has to be more than 9

Toystory
Monsterz inc
Tangled
Big hero 6
Hercules

Only leave 4 left for like frozen, traverse town, radiant garden

Surprise nomura world gas to be star wars
I really don't think it's Star Wars because he said there wouldn't be Star Wars like last year or the year before. I think it's a Disney movie, just a surprising Disney movie.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Do we have a list of worlds 100% confirmed?
Toy Story, Monster's Inc, Tangled, Twilight Town, Hercules. So thats 5 that I can think of off the top of my head.
Also Big Hero 6. Frozen was talked about in the leak with Monster's Inc iirc, and Clock Town and the Keyblade Graveyard are also going to be in some capacity. Hollow Bastion/Radiant Garden is also a very safe bet.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
In before 8 worlds, because the final section only has 2.

Still, I am happy about all news. This game can't come soon enough. <3

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
  • Twilight Town
  • Mysterious Tower
  • Olympus [HE]: Files denote ties to a hammer, Hercules doll, stone blocks and pillars
  • Kingdom of Corona (Tangled/Rapunzel) [RA]: Mention made to bonfires, cliffs, swamps, wetlands and a tower door. Weirdly, it seems to be mixed with files related to Tarzan as well.
  • Galaxy Toys (Toy Story) [TS]: References to an Android Robot, Gigas, Gumball machine and a doll stage.
  • San Fransokyo
  • Monstropolis
  • Arendelle [FZ02]: Tons of icicle and crystal files seemingly confirm this one.
  • 100 Acre Woods [PO]: Data shows links to a honeypot, rabbit house and scarecrow
  • Radiant Garden [RG]: Leaks suggest a world with a castle, computer room and lots of pipes
  • Disney Castle [DC]: Evidence says a library bookshelf, fireplace and dog bed are important here.
  • Land Of Departure, Daybreak Plaza or Daybreak Palace [DP]: This part of the leak has lots of files related to castles and cathedrals.
Yeah so I would expect around 15-16 worlds total.

Vault

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't mind less worlds as long as they are meaty and not just a couple of corridors like some in 2

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Square Enix: "We are releasing Kingdom Hearts in 2018!"

Also Square Enix: "The early phase worlds are 90 percent complete, while middle section worlds are at around 60 percent. It didn't confirm what stage the end section is..."

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They're proving these worlds are bigger and more interesting than anything they've build before. I am floored by the jump in quality.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
  • Twilight Town
  • Mysterious Tower
  • San Fransokyo
  • Monstropolis
Just give me like 1-3 more Disney worlds on this, and I'll be extremely happy. Save Marvel/Star Wars for the future, no need to rush.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Square Enix: "We are releasing Kingdom Hearts in 2018!"

Also Square Enix: "The early phase worlds are 90 percent complete, while middle section worlds are at around 60 percent. It didn't confirm what stage the end section is..."
Maybe it will be released in December and KH3 development is going all in

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
My guess is we'll see multiple stories within each world too, I think at this point Riku being playable is very likely and I wouldn't be surprised if Aqua has her own content too.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wait what? Big Hero 6 is in this? Loved that movie, I wonder why they haven't shown any of it yet.
They showed off concept art a couple years ago.

Which also definitely means BH6 is middle or late. Tangled, Hercules, and probably Toy Story are early. Monsters Inc I can see being middle.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Considering he said he he wanted to add the "suprise world" ever since he worked on FF and KH is a Disney & FF Crossover, what specific parts from FF games he worked on would work as a world? What about stuff like the Gold Saucer from FF 7 or a Blitzball Stadium? Which FFs did he work on and what could he use from them to put into KH 3?

Oct 26, 2017
We need 13 worlds...because....you know....Organization XIII.

One of them is going to be Oliver and Company. I can FEEL it!

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Considering he said he he wanted to add the "suprise world" ever since he worked on FF and KH is a Disney & FF Crossover, what specific parts from FF games he worked on would work as a world? What about stuff like the Gold Saucer from FF 7 or a Blitzball Stadium? Which FFs did he work on and what could he use from them to put into KH 3?
They explicitly said no FF worlds, so it's not that.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
They said "this doesn't mean there will be nine worlds in total"

I think that confirms that KH3 will have more than 9 worlds
Nomura had said at one point they had planned for more overall worlds in Kingdom Hearts 3 than there were in Kingdom Hearts 2 (2 had 16 worlds).

After that, he said it won't have as many Disney worlds as Kingdom Hearts 2, of which there are 12. Kingdom Hearts 1 had 9 Disney worlds and 13 overall worlds.

There should be 10-11 Disney worlds and a few returning original worlds which will boost the numbers.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the game will have either 11 or 12 worlds. Considering how large each world seems to be that would be a great number.

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds good, sounds good. I really hope this game comes out this year. It won't, but I can dream.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean with that phrasing he's basically confirmed that KH will feature a Final Fantasy world.

Oct 26, 2017
Star Wars and Frozen are definitely in. I'm betting we could also see an additional Marvel stage too outside of Big Hero 6 (unless there's also an Incredibles stage).

I'm betting there will be at least one returning Disney world outside of Olympus. Perhaps one more Pixar stage as well.

We still haven't gotten an early 2000's traditional Disney film world yet outside of Lilo and Stitch so I could see them taking something from that era like Treasure Planet or Atlantis.

I doubt we'll be getting any live action stuff like Pirates or Tron again.

Hmm, the last part of that is interesting. Something Nomura has wanted since working on Final Fantasy?

Perhaps a Midgar or Balamb Garden world?