• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Absolutely incredible how this is being sent out to die. It's not even on Xbox's "coming this week" page despite it already being sold

news.xbox.com

Next Week on Xbox: New Games for February 18 to 21 - Xbox Wire

Welcome to Next Week on Xbox, where we cover all the new games coming soon to Xbox One and Windows 10 PC! Every week the team at Xbox aims to deliver quality gaming content for you to enjoy on your favorite gaming console. To find out what’s coming soon to Xbox One and PC, read […]
I find this odd. I wonder what's going on, this doesn't seem like a game that they would purposefully omit from next week on Xbox. Could it be that the release date is a mistake? I can't find it in the US store has anyone played it yet?

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I find this odd. I wonder what's going on, this doesn't seem like a game that they would purposefully omit from next week on Xbox. Could it be that the release date is a mistake? I can't find it in the US store has anyone played it yet?
It is very weird, but it is not a mistake. The listing went live last week and when Square Enix / Xbox discovered the fuck up they took the pages offline. They're now back online and the games are available for purchase in two different territories. The pages are also live in the US, but all you can do is redeem a code at this stage (the option to buy will go active on the 18th)

Buy KINGDOM HEARTS - HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX - | Xbox

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX is a compilation of 6 unforgettable KINGDOM HEARTS experiences that form the foundation of the series.

The fact that the release date is not a mistake makes the omission from Xbox about their releases this week a real head scratcher.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
>SE: Shadow Drop with no Marketing.
>Collections sell bad because no marketing.
>SE: S-s-see these games don't sell on other platforms, what's the point of porting?

Will definitely buy when the US page is up. KH in 4K sounds too good to pass up on
Arent KH 1 and 2 FM on ps4pro 4k as well?

I thought the only difference was KH3 looking a bit better on xbox one x over ps4pro. But the rest of the games that are remasters from ps3 should be 4k 60 for every game i thought

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
The main games are 9:
1) Kingdom Hearts 1
2) Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories
3) Kingdom Hearts 2
4) Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
5) Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
6) Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded
7) Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
8) Kingdom Hearts 0.2
9) Kingdom Hearts 3
I've played them all and cringe at that shit, lol.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
It is very weird, but it is not a mistake. The listing went live last week and when Square Enix / Xbox discovered the fuck up they took the pages offline. They're now back online and the games are available for purchase in two different territories. The pages are also live in the US, but all you can do is redeem a code at this stage (the option to buy will go active on the 18th)

Buy KINGDOM HEARTS - HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX - | Xbox

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX is a compilation of 6 unforgettable KINGDOM HEARTS experiences that form the foundation of the series.

The fact that the release date is not a mistake makes the omission from Xbox about their releases this week a real head scratcher.
Yeah they promote much smaller games all the time. If this is purposeful I don't see a good reason. It would have been perfect to release it next week the same day that the Remind DLC comes out on xbox.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
>SE: S-s-see these games don't sell on other platforms, what's the point of porting?

Will definitely buy when the US page is up. KH in 4K sounds too good to pass up on
To be fair. Even with a 100 million dollar marketing campaign. I don't think KH collection would sell well on Xbox.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
If KH0.2 is 4K on Xbox, I hope they push an update for PS4 Pro. Unfortunately I can't find any videos of the Xbox versions yet, just have a 4K image from the Xbox website to go on.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
To be fair. Even with a 100 million dollar marketing campaign. I don't think KH collection would sell well on Xbox.
How is that fair when Kh3 was successful enough on the platform?

A collection releasing before the new entry would likely have not sold better than it's currently going to sell but could even propel more Kh3 sales.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
about damn time.

Get the two best story ones. KH3 had such a garbage ass story but amazing worlds. 1, CoM and 2 are actually easy to follow......after 2 is where it gets really stupid

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
The PS4 Pro is already boosted over base PS4. Base PS4 is 900p with bad framepacing whereas Pro is 1080p with an unlocked framerate.
I know. But the Xbox screenshot is in 4K so if they've given 0.2 a boost for Xbox then all I'm saying is it'd be neat if they could transfer that over to PS4.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019

I doubt they would have even bothered porting to Xbox had they not seen KH3's sales on Xbox One. Wouldn't make sense to port these several year old collections, a year after the latest entry, otherwise.

Regardless I think Square Enix is underserving Xbox gamers in general.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania

They already realessed Kh3 so I figure these releases are a response to that actually doing ok. I almost bought it on there because the price dipped on XB1 first. It could also be they just paid to have the whole thing since only having the end of the story when the story is so broad is probably not great for marketing

Dec 25, 2018
Hopefully it won't be like the 1.5+2.5HD release on PS4. What a disaster. I just hope this means the last glitches have a chance of being fixed. Xbox I'm sure will have some.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
2 of them are movies in the collection so you only have to play 7.
Thankfully, 2 of those are movies and one of them is a 2-3 hour prelude. Everything else can be beaten between 20-30 hours. So yeah. It's not terrible. It's just like everyone else already said, to understand KH, just play the games and you'll be fine. Believe me, it's worth playing all of them.
Huh! interesting!

What did you both think of Remind? The waypoint crew seemed pretty down on it...but I don't know what other people thought/think?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Seems to be available in Japan now. Also don't know how true this is but someone on Twitter said that the action button is still a triangle on screen.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Huh! interesting!

What did you both think of Remind? The waypoint crew seemed pretty down on it...but I don't know what other people thought/think?
People thought the selling point of Remind was the story so of course they were disappointed.
The real meat of the DLC are the Data battles though which are some of the hardest (and best) battles in gaming.

Mankoto

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 28, 2017
Huh! interesting!

Unfortunately I didn't have time to play KHIII until just about a week ago, so I'm currently getting through the main game myself. I personally don't know anything about Re:Mind. My friends enjoyed it, but that's all I know.

Deleted member 57990

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 18, 2019
So, this is being sent to die, so the next time Phil goes on one of his port begging tours of Japan they can point at it and say Japanese games don't sell on Xbox?

I was thinking about double dipping to thank SE for supporting Xbox, but not for these prices.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
I've been hoping for these to come out on Xbox ever since the 360 days, I still can't believe that they are actually coming. Excited to jump into them again.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Weird. Everything points to this being some weird mistake. If this is all true, SE is really making some baffling decisions. Or their blind faith in Kingdom Hearts to overcome all is truly breathtakingly enormous.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I was looking at day one here but at those prices? Perhaps if there's some enormous changes involved with gameplay or something I'd bite, seems I'll let that hook dangled a bit more.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
im guessing if 40 Euros....then probably $40 for the 6 game collection?

I'd probably dip because thats a shit ton of a content for me for $40. Plus i want to replay these so bad on my xbox.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

I'd vouch to disagree. I think Kingdom Hearts is premium enough of a brand that it can do well on any system provided that the marketing's there.

And in this instance, the marketing is definitely not there. I genuinely feel this release is solely mandated in response to fan demand.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So these have hit the UK store now. I really wanna support these finally getting released on Xbox but those prices...

£39.99 for 1.5+2.5 ReMIX and another £47.99 for 2.8 Final.

I can currently get The Story So Far on PS4 (that includes all of the above I believe?) for £14. Ouch.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Assuming the difference in prices carry over to the US I'll start off with 1.5 & 2.5 and hold off on 2.8. I don't mind paying $40ish for 4 games and 2 movies, but 2.8 needs a sale or something.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully MS rewards offer a special amount of points for puchasing this to encourage me to consider getting these collections at those prices.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone needs a refresher of the story (though you'll still be confused regardless) check out Clemps.

Niaboc

Nov 2, 2017
The day the largely anti-xbox kingdom hearts community told me repeatedly would never happen, has happened.

Purchased right away.