• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
that's why I am avoiding the leaks. Most people thought that FFXV leak was fake, but it turned out true..

McNagah

Oct 25, 2017
Not going to be reading the leak because I don't trust them to be true 90% of the time, but I am curious, what is this FFXV leak about that people keep on mentioning?

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Not going to be reading the leak because I don't trust them to be true 90% of the time, but I am curious, what is this FFXV leak about that people keep on mentioning?
really detailed story leak for FFXV appeared on 4chan like almost half a year before release or something. It was very detailed, including all the important story beats from beginning of the game until the end, as well as many details like summons and battle system, etc.

McNagah

Oct 25, 2017
really detailed story leak for FFXV appeared on 4chan like almost half a year before release or something. It was very detailed, including all the important story beats from beginning of the game until the end, as well as many details like summons and battle system, etc.
Oh, I see. Well 4chan usually is very random in being right with their leaks, you can never know what you find when you get information from there.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I see. Well 4chan usually is very random in being right with their leaks, you can never know what you find when you get information from there.
yeah it's really random place and most of the stuff from there are fake. But sometimes real stuff pops up like it did with FFXV, so I don't want to take my chances.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't read the leak but it seems like people are debunking it due to how far fetched it sounds.

Not saying i'd believe it's legit but if Dream Drop Distance's finale got leaked before release like this I think people would've been quick to call it fake but we all know how that ended up. I wouldn't put anything past Nomura honestly.
the real challenge will be when the game copy leaks to public weeks before release date.
Yeah i'm really fearful of that. I don't think people will go posting leaks publicly left and right so it'll be easy to avoid but spoilers looming out there is a scary thought. I'm kinda relieved i'm getting the Japanese version early, those 4 days are gonna be brutal for people getting English only.

Last edited:

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah i'm really fearful of that. I don't think people will go posting leaks publicly left and right so it'll be easy to avoid but spoilers looming out there is a scary thought. I'm kinda relieved i'm getting the Japanese version early, those 4 days are gonna be brutal for people getting English only.
I fear some copies will leak way before the Japanese release. Like I could see it leaking 2 weeks before release, and that would be long ass time to avoid spoilers.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Guys, you don't need to worry about the game leaking. Nomura himself will make sure to spoil everybody with a 9 min long final trailer.

Dude announced the game like a decade early because he didn't want people to leak a logo or something.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Nah, that spoiler link is staying unclicked. I'm already too weak to not watch every trailer, can't risk being spoiled on everything else.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is getting dangerous. It's sad but it seens I'll have to avod it, people are starting to talk about characters in a way that is not good for people who didn't read the spoiler like me. =/

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
please don't talk about that spoiler, or if you do put it in a spoiler tag. Even small hints I see in this thread is a bit dangerous.

Saad

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really suprised none of the leaks teased
new original characters! [each kh game introduced original cast]

I know you don't want to look at it out of fear of it being true but trust me, if you knew what that person wrote as a leak you'd know it's hella fake. It's absolutely ridiculous and misses so much confirmed info that easily debunks it.
what do you think about the 'early' leak in Delaney's post? it seems legit lmao!

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I know you don't want to look at it out of fear of it being true but trust me, if you knew what that person wrote as a leak you'd know it's hella fake. It's absolutely ridiculous and misses so much confirmed info that easily debunks it.
I don't blame people for believing it, i mean, if i read DDD would add time travel to the series I'd say that shit was fake af but now my bar is lowered to the point these spoilers seem believable
one or two casualties aside that is

But i'm biased as I hate Riku and best trio got their summer vacations, finally, couldn't expect a better ending for roxas, lea and xion[/spoilers]

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just want to know if Sora and Riku will get their own armors ala BBS. Loved those designs.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Of course we will, after having a dozen trailers the last year. How strange would it be to show nothing during 1,5 month before release.

That would be bad marketing.
I just assumed it would be like other games where the final / launch trailer is out a month-ish before the game but between then there's shorter content that aren't proper trailers released at regular intervals.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
For DDD and Kh2, was Visual Works' opening released before the game? I want to see it so bad.

Nov 5, 2017
So I've finally started my replay of the series and, while I have no intention of going for the Platinum on any of these games, I do want to try and get all of the secret endings. Reading some of the KH wikis makes this task seem...involving, so before I fully commit, a couple questions for the community:
  • I know KH1, 2, and Birth by Sleep all have secret endings; I've also seen references to one for Dream Drop Distance, but no specifics on unlock requirements. So, is there one, and if so, how to unlock?
  • The new secret ending for KH2 sounds the most time-consuming of them all. Am I (mostly) correct in assuming that completing Jiminy's Journal requires basically doing everything in the game (all secret bosses, all Coliseum cups, all minigames, synthesize all items, etc., etc.)?
  • Did they add one to Re:CoM? I don't remember there being one in the GBA original, but I've not touched that game since completing it in 2005.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
So I've finally started my replay of the series and, while I have no intention of going for the Platinum on any of these games, I do want to try and get all of the secret endings. Reading some of the KH wikis makes this task seem...involving, so before I fully commit, a couple questions for the community:
  • I know KH1, 2, and Birth by Sleep all have secret endings; I've also seen references to one for Dream Drop Distance, but no specifics on unlock requirements. So, is there one, and if so, how to unlock?
  • The new secret ending for KH2 sounds the most time-consuming of them all. Am I (mostly) correct in assuming that completing Jiminy's Journal requires basically doing everything in the game (all secret bosses, all Coliseum cups, all minigames, synthesize all items, etc., etc.)?
  • Did they add one to Re:CoM? I don't remember there being one in the GBA original, but I've not touched that game since completing it in 2005.
Yes there is, you unlock it by answering a few questions with right answers near the end. It's pretty cryptic but you don't actually need to do anything completion wise. I don't have the answers on hand but you can find them easily I assume.

Yes.

No.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure about KH2 but we did get tidbits of the opening chucked into the final trailer for DDD.

Edit: Hard to believe Dream Drop Distance really cameout six years ago originally.

I'm pretty sure they revealed the opening for DDD before its release date. iirc was at some kinda of event with people watching it, don't remember which though.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On critical you only need to Defeat all XIII Mushrooms, XIII Data Battles and Lingering Will

Village

Oct 25, 2017
illust02_TPYwitRl4GOjyK7K.jpg

I had never seen this riku picture

I like it

Nov 5, 2017
Yes there is, you unlock it by answering a few questions with right answers near the end. It's pretty cryptic but you don't actually need to do anything completion wise. I don't have the answers on hand but you can find them easily I assume.

Yes.

No.

On critical you only need to Defeat all XIII Mushrooms, XIII Data Battles and Lingering Will

Thanks. Guess I'll be playing KH2 on Critical mode, then.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure about KH2 but we did get tidbits of the opening chucked into the final trailer for DDD.

Edit: Hard to believe Dream Drop Distance really cameout six years ago originally.

Oh, ok. Still, there's that Utada/Skrillex song being released, maybe we'll get the whole thing? hard to top DDD's opening though.

They did 0.2 opening too and god does it look amazing

Yes, i loved it. I'm seriously wondering what's in store for 3.

Deleted member 49770

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2018