• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Hgnn, I want to grab a physical copy of 3, but also want to play it the exact moment it releases (which is 9pm on the 28th for me) >.< Could buy it twice, but that just feels horribly wasteful, especially since I'm grabbing a billion other games in January.

Could also just grab the JP digital version, but the Disney characters are so horribly incongruous after growing up with the English ones (outside of Japanese James Woods).

EDIT: Unrelated to the above - I miss Wayne Allwine's Mickey (particularly from KH2). Bret Iwan took over after 358/2 Days, and he's just a bit too irritatingly high-pitched for me :/ Comparison here:

Last edited:

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
do we know any info on if the Japanese version will offer any English options at all? Im honestly really hoping that thing happens on Xbox like for Dark Souls where if you bought the Japanese version it let you download the English version for some reason.

If not, I plan to buy it from the New Zealand store to play like a day early.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
do we know any info on if the Japanese version will offer any English options at all? Im honestly really hoping that thing happens on Xbox like for Dark Souls where if you bought the Japanese version it let you download the English version for some reason.

If not, I plan to buy it from the New Zealand store to play like a day early.
It's been confirmed that there is only Japanese voice/text for Japanese version.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually really glad that KH III releases a few days later after the 25th. That way I can focus on RE 2 till KH III releases in the west.
I'm the opposite. I have no interest in RE but I would have loved to get KH and then blast through it on the weekend.

I work 10 hour shifts at night so I have no time for gaming during the week so KH3's release is gonna be so rough for me :(

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm the opposite. I have no interest in RE but I would have loved to get KH and then blast through it on the weekend.

I work 10 hour shifts at night so I have no time for gaming during the week so KH3's release is gonna be so rough for me :(

Oh that's tough =/ But the week will pass as a blink. You'll see.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Oooh, this reminds me, I've should get the needed JP PSN funds for that. Yeah, it's only four days before the worldwide release but KH is probably my biggest weakness, lol
Yeah I know I should wait but i'll probably cave because it's Kingdom Hearts 4 days early.

Speaking of does anyone know the cheapest place to get Japanese PSN cards from a Aussie? Cheapest I can find is $132 for a 10,000 yen card which is pretty rough but I can't find anything cheaper. (the sucky thing is I have 1,300 yen leftover from my 1.5+2.5 purchases too but i'd need a extra 200 yen for it, so the price doesn't even out if I get 80,000 yen)

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I know I should wait but i'll probably cave because it's Kingdom Hearts 4 days early.

Speaking of does anyone know the cheapest place to get Japanese PSN cards from a Aussie? Cheapest I can find is $132 for a 10,000 yen card which is pretty rough but I can't find anything cheaper. (the sucky thing is I have 1,300 yen leftover from my 1.5+2.5 purchases too but i'd need a extra 200 yen for it, so the price doesn't even out if I get 80,000 yen)
have you tried Play-Asia? I used to buy it there in the past.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
EDIT: Unrelated to the above - I miss Wayne Allwine's Mickey (particularly from KH2). Bret Iwan took over after 358/2 Days, and he's just a bit too irritatingly high-pitched for me :/ Comparison here:

Mostly agreed, but I found his Re:COM performance to be the worst Mickey out all of them. I don't think it's his fault though, you could tell he was struggling.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
ok whats up with Vanitas, i gave up after like 15 tries, i dont understand what are you supposed to do a qte? Tried searching online and shoot him but he still doesn't die >:(
moved on to Terra

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
ok whats up with Vanitas, i gave up after like 15 tries, i dont understand what are you supposed to do a qte? Tried searching online and shoot him but he still doesn't die >:(
moved on to Terra

You're supposed to 'clash' with him and win the QTEs a few times to fill up the command meter and finish him off.

When you see him attack, immediately either use an ability or shotlock to counter him.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
You're supposed to 'clash' with him and win the QTEs a few times to fill up the command meter and finish him off.

When you see him attack, immediately either use an ability or shotlock to counter him.
I think i already did that, twice, shoot him, use special attack, beam fight he cannot die 😩
Thats annoying after 2 difficult fights

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just remember about the whole Davy Jones heart situation in Pirates 2 and 3. They are actually a way better fit for Kingdom Hearts than Pirates 1.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I'd cry if Treasure Island or Atlantis ever got acknowledge in well anything ever again.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

bunch of new screen shots and renders out

48337118_10155938046180841_2302013822531010560_n.png
48371975_10155938046275841_6304578817306394624_n.png
48277511_10155938046350841_5221545385612279808_n.png
48373409_10155938046580841_3238943663794946048_n.png

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Old Man Xenahort developing those blue scalp veins from all the meddling kids thwarting his plans

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What's up with xehanorts forehead?? Look at those veins!!

xehanort_by_senkoureppa-dcceh0d.jpg

Rip shiny head...

032.jpg

This game is looking great.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
have you tried Play-Asia? I used to buy it there in the past.
Yeah I used to buy from them a lot. Funnily enough I laidoff buying from there since KH games got digital releases. But yeah I checked, and sadly they're about the same ($140ish) i'll just have to roll with it and grab it at that price.

OP
OP
malyse

malyse

Community Resetter
Skrillex has been known to be a KINGDOM HEARTS fan, so Hikaru Utada asked him to do a remix of "Chikai." However, Skrillex proposed to make a new track together rather than a remix, and so the new co-written song came to be. "Face My Fears" is the collaboration between Skrillex, Poo Bear (who produced Justin Bieber's "What Do You Mean?"), and Hikaru Utada, and will be the opening theme for the new "KINGDOM HEARTS III."

Oh.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Skrillex has been known to be a KINGDOM HEARTS fan, so Hikaru Utada asked him to do a remix of "Chikai." However, Skrillex proposed to make a new track together rather than a remix, and so the new co-written song came to be. "Face My Fears" is the collaboration between Skrillex, Poo Bear (who produced Justin Bieber's "What Do You Mean?"), and Hikaru Utada, and will be the opening theme for the new "KINGDOM HEARTS III."

Oh.
Skrillex = Killers X

The mad man

I'm glad they did that, Face my fears sounds like an op and chikai is perfect to be the ending, also we get two songs *^*

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is it bad that I'm buying this game twice - one for the digital version so I can play right away and another for the deluxe?

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
DuVPkauXQAAUBkZ.jpg:large

So the cover won't be shiny like KH 1 and KH 2 covers... it's a sad world...

That's a shame. I think Re:Coded was the last KH game to have a shiny cover. Birth by Sleep's original PSP release had one, but only in Japan.

With manuals not being a thing now, that means no awesome text summaries of the preceding games, too. That sucks.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That's a shame. I think Re:Coded was the last KH game to have a shiny cover. Birth by Sleep's original PSP release had one, but only in Japan.

With manuals not being a thing now, that means no awesome text summaries of the preceding games, too. That sucks.

Oh shit...its the little things really... I'm sad now.

Bobjam

Nov 27, 2017
Just a small thing I noticed on the technical description of the game on it's game.co.uk pre-order page for the LE PS4 Pro; "KINGDOM HEARTS III outputs (2560 x 1440) upscaled to 2160p by PS4™Pro.*"

It wasn't obviously going to be native 4k but interesting nonetheless to know it's native resolution.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just a small thing I noticed on the technical description of the game on it's game.co.uk pre-order page for the LE PS4 Pro; "KINGDOM HEARTS III outputs (2560 x 1440) upscaled to 2160p by PS4™Pro.*"

It wasn't obviously going to be native 4k but interesting nonetheless to know it's native resolution.

What's the resolution of 0.2 on a Pro?