• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently the term "Final Trailer" is a Japanese culture thing. It sometimes means that it's the last trailer that is produced by Japan. This being their "final trailer" may mean the next one is made by SENA / Disney and this is the last one that has gameplay in it, whereas the launch trailer may be more focused on story and cutscenes.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Apparently the term "Final Trailer" is a Japanese culture thing. It sometimes means that it's the last trailer that is produced by Japan. This being their "final trailer" may mean the next one is made by SENA / Disney and this is the last one that has gameplay in it, whereas the launch trailer may be more focused on story and cutscenes.
Thank god. They should have called it "Final Gameplay Trailer" in the West though not "Final Battle Trailer".

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
If you are worried about massive spoilers, hold off until someone who does watch it can tell you if it has big moments in it or not and then you can make a judgment call.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So I started playing through the whole series again to prepare myself for 3. I'm about at the halfway point in 2 and it really can't be understated just how much of a massive improvement gameplay wise 2 is over the first game. This is my first time playing the Final Mix version as well and I can see that added other tweaks to make the combat flow even smoother.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I started playing through the whole series again to prepare myself for 3. I'm about at the halfway point in 2 and it really can't be understated just how much of a massive improvement gameplay wise 2 is over the first game. This is my first time playing the Final Mix version as well and I can see that added other tweaks to make the combat flow even smoother.

Yeah, t's way better than KH I gameplay wise. Luckly KH III is based on KH II gameplay.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Is the trailer disgustingly spoilerific, or not bad? Worse than what's been shown in trailers so far?
It contains a lot of main plot, but half of the trailer has no dialogue and then the rest is like "what the fuck is happening", "WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO THAT CHARACTER" etc.

Plus it shows what looks to be the final world.

But, tbh, while it's spoilers in the sense of we are seeing a lot of the plot, it doesn't make a lot of sense outside of context so I'm even more excited to learn how this all connects in the main game.

sigma722

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah just watched it. Only a tiny bit of regret, but a lot of bit of hype, so probably worth it haha.

This game is going to be epic.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Not surprised but disappointed it's just Riku.

Would have liked anyone else. Even terra. Just cause it'd have been unexpected.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Also I now have no clue how this story is going.

Like I had a basic idea of the plot points but that's been tossed into the fucking garbage.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Did they give MX an accent? Like it's not just a different voice actor, he has a heavy accent he didn't have before. Or is that just me?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Yo, what if the original crew was the super massive bait out.

Riku
Donald
Goofy
Mickey
Lea
Kairi

None are the seven lights

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Yo, what if the original crew was the super massive bait out.

Riku
Donald
Goofy
Mickey
Lea
Kairi

None are the seven lights
First of all Donald and Goofy were never part of the seven lights. Second of all, we can see in the final world that Sora is alone and if you watch the Japanese 30 second trailer released a couple days ago, Sora is crying saying he's only been able to get to where he's gotten with the help of others and can't do it alone. This insinuates that pretty much everyone is gone and Sora will have to fight without using the power of friendship for once in his life.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
First of all Donald and Goofy were never part of the seven lights. Second of all, we can see in the final world that Sora is alone and if you watch the Japanese 30 second trailer released a couple days ago, Sora is crying saying he's only been able to get to where he's gotten with the help of others and can't do it alone. This insinuates that pretty much everyone is gone and Sora will have to fight without using the power of friendship for once in his life.
Yeah I don't believe that for a fucking second.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If everyone really dies I still believe Sora will bring everyone back (or at least most of them) before the final battle. We aren't playing with just Sora alone for that long.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Ven is comatose in this trailer.

We know Sora does a dive to heart on him

We know Sora faces Dark Aqua alone

Namine is missing

Lingering Will is unaccounted for

And Roxas is still MIA.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ven is comatose in this trailer.

We know Sora does a dive to heart on him

We know Sora faces Dark Aqua alone

Namine is missing

Lingering Will is unaccounted for

And Roxas is still MIA.

Also:

Terranort is missing again
Roxas is briefly seen but no context at all
Xion is also missing since the only time she appears in this trailer is probably Axel imagining her.

ctcatsby

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I've never really "gotten" Kingdom Hearts. Finished 1, watched the Chain of Memories cutscenes, played half of 2. There's too much repetition of story beats and assets, the anime tropes are a little strong, and the Disney storylines always felt like shoddy reenactments of Wiki summaries of the films. Overall, I just find the series...dull? (And reading the story discussion and speculation in this thread and the leak thread leaves me gobsmacked—it's like I'm reading a parody of anime.)

That said, I'm thinking about picking up 3. The AAA JRPG space is a barren wasteland, and I'll take what I can get. Plus, I generally like playing action RPGs. KH2.5's critical mode was pretty awesome, and if they do that again, I can definitely have some fun.

So I've got two related questions. Is SE/Disney doing any sort of story catch-up for new players? The series is old enough to drive, scattered across 11 games and...6? platforms. I know there are the remix collections, but that's way too much of an investment in time and patience. I'm sure there will be lots of younger players who have fuck all idea about KH that will want to play a game with the likes of Big Hero 6 and the Frozen crew.

If not, is there a good video recap that is neither overly jokey/ironic nor thirty hours long?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I don't think that's axel imagining Xion. His previous imagination was Xion's true form.

He was confronted by her hooded faceless form.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
KH has always felt like anime to me and there are certain things in the series that remind me of Sailor Moon specifically. Even Usagi has her own 'I can't do this alone! I've only gotten this far because of my friends!!' cry in the Stars arc and she ends up getting help from (somewhat) unlikely allies. I expect everyone to be brought back through the power of the galaxy cauldron Kingdom Hearts in the end.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I'm always glad so many people take the time to write about how the story doesn't make sense or how they hate the series. I'm not sure what I'd do without all those comments in every KH thread.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
It's not a "lie", it's more a tease that it's obvious to someone who already know the serie well enough.
They're not really meant to be "teasing" things for obscure fans, they're meant to publish information to help online reporters get the correct information out to people. They were upset when I posted their Information Guide online despite it being available to everyone, citing that it's only meant to be so people write correct information.