• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Wishful thinking, but that trailer feels like we'll have something ever so slightly similar to the tales structure. The good ol "we're going to the final battle but it's actually the halfway point."

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Wishful thinking, but that trailer feels like we'll have something ever so slightly similar to the tales structure. The good ol "we're going to the final battle but it's actually the halfway point."
I hope this is the case, but I am worried that it's going to be keyblade graveyard -> Scala ad Caelum straight away...
I don't want every story stuff to be crammed in at the very end like DDD..

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is the case, but I am worried that it's going to be keyblade graveyard -> Scala ad Caelum straight away...

I don't think this is possible. The early on Aqua battle + Riku's playable in real of darkness + the main villains showing up in all of the Disney worlds + visiting the digital Twilight Town + etc etc.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Okay i think i got it.

1. Sora goes through the worlds regaining his lost power. But each world for some reason or other he ends up failing. Conga line of failures culminating in his complete breakdown at the Keyblade graveyard

2. Riku tries to Save Aqua, also deals with his Replica several times. Mostly gets his ass kicked on the Aqua side of things.

3. Kairi is training with Lea, at the same time Lea is going through friendship PTSD

The Big battle happens, the heroes get super wrecked and Sora is left alone.

Now here i think one of two things happens.

Either

A. Roxas shows up, tells Sora to stop feeling sorry for himself and get his butt in gear

B. Sora collapses and enters the world of dreams where he meets Chirithy and the whole cloud level happens where he unlocks the power of waking.

I think either of those things happens right after the other.

Sora becomes a true Keyblade master.

Sora saves Aqua

Sora and Aqua go save Ven

????

Stairway to heaven

Aquova

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
If it hasn't been brought up yet - it seems that all 13 of them might be able to use a keyblade now.

8mPuFiT.png

sigma722

Oct 26, 2017
Some make my decision on whether or not I should watch the trailer or just wait it out a month

I keep watching it. It's amazing. It's really well done, and it hypes up the game amazingly, at least for me.

Edit: there's probably only one thing I wish they didn't show, but I still mostly don't regret watching. The hype addition was worth it.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man I watched that damn trailer like 5 hours ago, so why the hell am I still sad? lol

Hope this feeling of dread doesn't permeate across my entire day. I just keep thinking about that last half in particular where seemingly everyone goes down and even Sora is on his knees in disbelief. This freaking game man. I NEED to play this now.

quesalupa

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
US

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually watching the trailer nonstop. I have already seen it like 15 times now lol

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I had no idea you could play regular games with the VR headset. 0.2 is right up against me on a giant screen via the headset and I'm loving it.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Videos like these have gotten me through all this tedious work I'm trying to get done at the office before I get off for the holidays and it just makes me more excited to play KH3:

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I only watched the trailer once, but damn...the wait got harder.

I had no idea you could play regular games with the VR headset. 0.2 is right up against me on a giant screen via the headset and I'm loving it.
You can also plug anything with an HDMI output into it and use it as a personal screen. You can also watch 3D Blu-rays and videos.

Nov 5, 2017
Drive forms can be a life saver in a lot of fights due to the fact that when you activate the form it fully restores your health and magic. Doing this has helped me out of some tough spots in a couple of the harder encounters and boss fights on previous critical playthroughs. Magic can also be really helpful, especially reflect.

Cheers.

I played through Proud mode in vanilla KH2 back in the day, but didn't put much thought into leveling Drive forms or magic (beyond Cure and Aero). Also just remembered magic has cooldown in this game; this should be fun!

sigma722

Oct 26, 2017
Cheers.

I played through Proud mode in vanilla KH2 back in the day, but didn't put much thought into leveling Drive forms or magic (beyond Cure and Aero). Also just remembered magic has cooldown in this game; this should be fun!

In addition, pretty much any time your drive form is ready to be used, you should probably use it. You want to get each form leveled up, ideally by the time you hit world that never was, because at that point there is a difficulty spike if you don't have dodge roll, and some of the other abilities unlocked from Drive leveling. There are different requirements for each form to level them. I outlined them in an earlier post not toooo long ago, else it's a quick google.

----

I just (like a month ago) platinumed kh2 and I already kind of want to do another playthrough. It's peak KH. Hoping 3 can dethrone it. Based on .2's combat, I think it might be possible. It seems like they are keeping everything good with combat that's been developed so far (reaction commands, variations of styles, and then shotlocks as well). Also returning to Triangle being action, which is awesome.

xfactor99

Oct 28, 2017

Remember those shots from that trailer a few months ago of Sora floating in some white platform-ish worlds. He's alone in those and his HP is high (although that latter point is not definite of course). I feel pretty good that shit at Keyblade Graveyard goes down, then Sora has to spend some time alone here before getting to Scala ad Caelum.

https://www.kh13.com/gallery/image/60980-kingdom-hearts-iii-–-winnie-the-pooh-trailer-208jpg/

https://www.kh13.com/gallery/image/60984-kingdom-hearts-iii-–-winnie-the-pooh-trailer-215jpg/

Nov 5, 2017
In addition, pretty much any time your drive form is ready to be used, you should probably use it. You want to get each form leveled up, ideally by the time you hit world that never was, because at that point there is a difficulty spike if you don't have dodge roll, and some of the other abilities unlocked from Drive leveling. There are different requirements for each form to level them. I outlined them in an earlier post not toooo long ago, else it's a quick google.

Copy that.

Also, is the general consensus for the opening "choose your weapon" option to go with Shield for both choices? I went with Sword and gave up Magic in my recent KHFM run and was seriously regretting it by the time I got to Hollow Bastion (more for how much longer it would take to unlock abilities than actual difficulty).

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Copy that.

Also, is the general consensus for the opening "choose your weapon" option to go with Shield for both choices? I went with Sword and gave up Magic in my recent KHFM run and was seriously regretting it by the time I got to Hollow Bastion (more for how much longer it would take to unlock abilities than actual difficulty).
Magic is OP in KH 1 cause the rod gives you bonus MP bars that you can't get otherwise.

In KH 2 you will max everything with items, so do as you see fit.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We still don't know for 100% sure the Japanese version doesn't have English subs, right? I know that's the assumption most people have made, but I wonder if there's even a sliver of a chance of it actually happening.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Xion still having her face hidden at the Keyblade Graveyard makes me think that scene isn't nearly as close to the end of the game as we're being led to believe.

Ultraviolence

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
man Scala ad Caelum has me so fucking confused. Like, wha about Daybreak Town??? shouldn't THAT be the seat of power of all keyblade wielders??? fuck

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
So according to trailers, the second playable character is apparently..

Riku again?

Kairi robbed.

*shakes head*

Oh well, he's still a badass. I'll take it.

Last edited:

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
man Scala ad Caelum has me so fucking confused. Like, wha about Daybreak Town??? shouldn't THAT be the seat of power of all keyblade wielders??? fuck
My guess is that it's where the keyblade wielders sleeping in unchained go after being awakened. The real Daybreak Town doesn't exist anymore, its the Keyblade Graveyard.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Still want the next protagonist/keyblade wielder to be a princess of some sort.

Feels like it would be very fitting with Disney themes.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Okay i think i got it.

1. Sora goes through the worlds regaining his lost power. But each world for some reason or other he ends up failing. Conga line of failures culminating in his complete breakdown at the Keyblade graveyard

2. Riku tries to Save Aqua, also deals with his Replica several times. Mostly gets his ass kicked on the Aqua side of things.

3. Kairi is training with Lea, at the same time Lea is going through friendship PTSD

The Big battle happens, the heroes get super wrecked and Sora is left alone.

Now here i think one of two things happens.

Either

A. Roxas shows up, tells Sora to stop feeling sorry for himself and get his butt in gear

B. Sora collapses and enters the world of dreams where he meets Chirithy and the whole cloud level happens where he unlocks the power of waking.

I think either of those things happens right after the other.

Sora becomes a true Keyblade master.

Sora saves Aqua

Sora and Aqua go save Ven

????

Stairway to heaven

Nah. We see Ventus at the Keyblade Graveyard. He's not in a coma(would make little sense why he's there then and joined with Vanitas), it's likely that he's just knocked out.

But potentially, Vanitas can't take Ventus' body unless the full heart is there meaning Ventus' heart has to be stuck back in.

Either way, Aqua and Sora going to Castle Oblivion only to meet Vanitas has to happen first.

That implies that Aqua is defeated and potentially stabbed by Vanitas in the heart since we don't see her at the Keyblade Graveyard.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Nah. We see Ventus at the Keyblade Graveyard. He's not in a coma(would make little sense why he's there then and joined with Vanitas), it's likely that he's just knocked out.

But potentially, Vanitas can't take Ventus' body unless the full heart is there meaning Ventus' heart has to be stuck back in.

Either way, Aqua and Sora going to Castle Oblivion only to meet Vanitas has to happen first.

That implies that Aqua is defeated and potentially stabbed by Vanitas in the heart since we don't see her at the Keyblade Graveyard.
What're you talking bout? he's comatose in the keyblade graveyard scene. He's not struggling or expressing any individual movement, unlike Sora.

And i doubt Sora meets Aqua before the midway point of the game. Doubly so with the fact that there's a plot point of Sora not knowing how to awaken hearts.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
What're you talking bout? he's comatose in the keyblade graveyard scene. He's not struggling or expressing any individual movement, unlike Sora.

And i doubt Sora meets Aqua before the midway point of the game. Doubly so with the fact that there's a plot point of Sora not knowing how to awaken hearts.

What would Ventus be doing at the Keyblade Graveyard if he's in a coma? If the bad guys have him then it doesn't explain what Ventus is doing back at Castle Oblivion when Aqua and Sora find him.

It's likely that Ventus has just been knocked out like Lea and Donald were.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
What would Ventus be doing at the Keyblade Graveyard if he's in a coma? If the bad guys have him then it doesn't explain what Ventus is doing back at Castle Oblivion when Aqua and Sora find him.

It's likely that Ventus has just been knocked out like Lea and Donald were.

The first thing we see of Ventus in any trailer is him being draped by Vanitas with no hero in sight. Just cause the body is there doesn't necessarily mean they have use for it.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
The first thing we see of Ventus in any trailer is him being draped by Vanitas with no hero in sight. Just cause the body is there doesn't necessarily mean they have use for it.

But again, why does Aqua find Ventus at Castle Oblivion then if he's already been take outside of Castle Oblivion?

Clearly, Aqua finding Ventus hasn't to happen first before the Keyblade Graveyard unless that Ventus is an illusion a la 0.2.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
But again, why does Aqua find Ventus at Castle Oblivion then if he's already been take outside of Castle Oblivion?

Clearly, Aqua finding Ventus hasn't to happen first before the Keyblade Graveyard unless that Ventus is an illusion a la 0.2.
Why does it have to happen first?

Explain why sora is in LoD without donald or goofy?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope there is a good bit of fun side stuff to do. I would be surprised if they didn't bring back the Coliseum Cups but I would love to see:

- Collectibles like the dalmations. Imagine something like getting Stitch triggers a side mission to collect X amount of experiments throughout the game
- Obviously there will be secret bosses but secret/rare enemies as well to grind for those endgame items (I feel like those might be a given too)
- Leaderboards with your friends with the mini-games would be cool too.