• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Areas in DDD seem a lot bigger.

While thats cool, I'd be lying if I said how easy it is to find everything because of how contained each area was in previous entries wasn't a plus for me. When you play a lot of huge open games, the older KH zones are kind of relaxingly small.

Also, god, I wish I could cycle through the deck with R2/L2 without having the lock on also being changed.

As it stands, I'm going back to just using up and down on the D-Pad.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now that we're so close to KH III I wish that 0.2 was never cut from it. It would be one hell of a prologue.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any traversal abilities (like glide or high jump in previous games) you need to gain before you can fully clear out areas in DDD?

Seems like flow motion would make that unnecessary now that Sora can climb all over the place.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any traversal abilities (like glide or high jump in previous games) you need to gain before you can fully clear out areas in DDD?

Seems like flow motion would make that unnecessary now that Sora can climb all over the place.
You get it in the same world where you have to use it, but yes. There's a spot where the walls damage you on contact and knock you out of flowmotion. It only happens once though.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, question about the leaks. A non-spoiler one. Has the leaker posted online the KH III dearly beloved?

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Made a video showcasing the main menu but got taken down. But there are copies of the video still up.

Oh boy. I didn't know that. The leaks are really secretive imo since I didn't have idea the menu song was released online. Is it good?

A ranking would be nice lol

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
It uses the engine and leads right into KHIII for sure but 0.2 is more of an evolution of Birth by Sleep -Volume 2- than something that was cut from KHIII.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It uses the engine and leads right into KHIII for sure but 0.2 is more of an evolution of Birth by Sleep -Volume 2- than something that was cut from KHIII.

It's sort of true, but not really. Some elements that were originally meant to be in KH3 were instead used in DDD and 0.2.

You know, it would be one hell of a prologue for KH III. I can even see "Kingdom Hearts III" appearing in the screen right after Sora, Donald and Goofy enter the wormhole to Olympus Coliseum.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Really? I'm not sure why but I remember something about 0.2 being originally intended for KH III from a interview.

Nomura said that he viewed KH3D, 0.2 and Back Cover as the prologue to KH3 and that's why the collection is named Final Chapter Prologue. He also said that since he wanted KH3 to start with a very short introduction to the player and then going for an abrupt start of the adventure with Sora, he needed to weight down the amount of story needed to tell to set the plot of KH3 in motion, and that's why all the titles leading up to KH3 featured plot points that explained the main conflict of KH3, like KH3D explaining the time traveling and the new Organization so that KH3 doesn't waste time with it during the first hours.

0.2 was a new project made from Nomura's ideas for BBS 0.5 (or volume two), the game that was teased at the end of the Secret Episode in BBS FM. He even explained that he named the game "0.2" and not "0.5" like he originally intended because there were many parts that were left out of the project (and some integrated into KH3).

In the secret episode, we saw "A Fragmentary Passage" and that has become the subtitle for KH0.2BBS?

Nomura: Although there is a story that exists for this, there are no plans to release it as a package that was shown in KHBBSFM's "A Fragmentary Passage". However, since it is exists as a setting, I had touched a little in planning the beginning of KH3 and I thought it would be good opportunity. However, it's not affecting the progress of KH3 and because "0.5" is not a full volume, it would be "0.2". Because it is a fragment, "Fragmentary Passage" was left as a subtitle.

Please explain the meaning of the title 0.2 (A Fragmentary Passage)?

Nomura: In regards to the volume, it happens after KHBBS which would be considered the second chapter. Because you're not playing a full volume, the term Fragment was left as the subtitle. In KHBBSFM's Secret Episode, the words 0.5 appeared and that implies a full volume so 0.2 was chosen to imply the other parts that were left. However, the remaining portion will be explained in KH3 and wanted to showcase a title that is close to it.

People just really liked the "prologue that was cut from the main game and sold as a package with a remaster" narrative. It was never stated that KH3 started with 0.2 and that it was cut from the beginning of the game. Heck, 0.2 wasn't even being worked on when KH3 started production and when 2.8 was announced, the only thing they were able to show was Aqua's back in UE4 over a still artwork. KH3 always started with Olympus, Twilight Town and the Xehanort & Eraqus conversation at Scala, and that's why that stuff was our first look into KH3.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nomura said that he viewed KH3D, 0.2 and Back Cover as the prologue to KH3 and that's why the collection is named Final Chapter Prologue. He also said that since he wanted KH3 to start with a very short introduction to the player and then going for an abrupt start of the adventure with Sora, he needed to weight down the amount of story needed to tell to set the plot of KH3 in motion, and that's why all the titles leading up to KH3 featured plot points that explained the main conflict of KH3, like KH3D explaining the time traveling and the new Organization so that KH3 doesn't waste time with it during the first hours.

0.2 was a new project made from Nomura's ideas for BBS 0.5 (or volume two), the game that was teased at the end of the Secret Episode in BBS FM. He even explained that he named the game "0.2" and not "0.5" like he originally intended because there were many parts that were left out of the project (and some integrated into KH3).

People just really liked the "prologue that was cut from the main game and sold as a package with a remaster" narrative. It was never stated that KH3 started with 0.2 and that it was cut from the beginning of the game. Heck, 0.2 wasn't even being worked on when KH3 started production and when 2.8 was announced, the only thing they were able to show was Aqua's back in UE4 over a still artwork. KH3 always started with Olympus, Twilight Town and the Xehanort & Eraqus conversation at Scala, and that's why that stuff was our first look into KH3.

The way he worded it makes looks like that Aqua would actually get norted in this 0.5 but instead he transfered it to KH III.

Anyway, thanks for the claritifcation. It's good to know that the game's prologue is happened as always was intended then.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
If the cut stuff from BBS Volume 2 is really in KHIII, I'm even more excited for whatever Riku's character arc will be

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Actually some of the ideas for 0.5 also went into 3D too. During the teaser they showed Ansem, Xemnas and Young Xehanort, the data DiZ put into Sora during CoM (which was retrieved by Riku in 3D and it's a plot point in KH3) and hints at Sora (and Ven) being taken down by Xehanort.

Stuff that hasn't been touched upon is Riku during Days (even though I think we had that covered already) and Kairi visiting the Twilight Town mansion post-KH2. Everything else included in the teaser, Mickey and Riku's side from KH1 and Aqua visiting the fallen wolds in the Realm of Darkness was included in 0.2

My theory is that 0.5 was not going to follow BBS' structure of three different playthroughs, but that each character would have told an specific untold chapter in KH's story. We would have had Aqua's 0.2, then Riku during Days, Kairi post KH2, etc. The game never felt like Nomura got enough things to tell to justify a character visiting multiple Disney worlds and stuff like a normal KH game. It was more of a collection of different side stories, like the name "a fragmentary passage" hinted at.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
At least some bosses and some attacks, it's by design. IIRC especially many of the human bosses have moves that make them disappear for a while and that's when lock-ok breaks. With how easy it is to lock on again, I don't see it as much of an issue, if at all.

Gotcha, thanks it's a wrap for me then. Trying to find the final ending for the 3 characters. I think I already saw it in the main story recap.

BBS was fun but not fun enough for me to play it 3 times straight. Respect to dudes that do it proper.

[edit] Goodness this final movie is over 30 mins (the one I'm watching)

Last edited:

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
Gotcha, thanks it's a wrap for me then. Trying to find the final ending for the 3 characters. I think I already saw it in the main story recap.

BBS was fun but not fun enough for me to play it 3 times straight. Respect to dudes that do it proper.

[edit] Goodness this final movie is over 30 mins (the one I'm watching)
After looking up the three characters' endings, be sure to also look up the Final Chapter and the Secret Episode.

Aqua is almost certainly darkling and not a Xehanort.
Reminder.
Absolutely, hard agree, dying on this hill (I've been downvoted on reddit a bit for saying Aqua isn't norted)

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
My theory is that 0.5 was not going to follow BBS' structure of three different playthroughs, but that each character would have told an specific untold chapter in KH's story. We would have had Aqua's 0.2, then Riku during Days, Kairi post KH2, etc. The game never felt like Nomura got enough things to tell to justify a character visiting multiple Disney worlds and stuff like a normal KH game. It was more of a collection of different side stories, like the name "a fragmentary passage" hinted at.
I was under the impression that was around the time she was hanging out with the Twilight Town trio in KH2 before getting kidnapped again.

Aqua is almost certainly darkling and not a Xehanort.
Reminder.
Been obvious ever since we got a good look at her hands.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
I've been attacked by a YouTuber on Twitter for suggesting a few months ago that it's possible she's either a Darkling or a 'Nort and no one knows because it's all speculation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I say I'll die on this hill but I'm not going to attack anyone, life's too short to get too mad at other people for anything related to video games, especially when we're all just speculating with different contexts. Sorry you've had to experience that before

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Symphony of Sorcery is amazing! What a pleasant surprise. Last Disney world in the game, and the only one I like. Don't want this world to end.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Hey, can anyone find info about that time KH speedrunners spoke to developers to voice their concerns regarding the floaty combat? I can't remember where I read/saw that.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, can anyone find info about that time KH speedrunners spoke to developers to voice their concerns regarding the floaty combat? I can't remember where I read/saw that.
I don't think any of them spoke directly to developers about it. Some of the youtuber/speedrunners were invited for KH3 Premiere event and played the demo, and they posted videos regarding their thoughts on the game (including floaty stuff).

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think any of them spoke directly to developers about it. Some of the youtuber/speedrunners were invited for KH3 Premiere event and played the demo, and they posted videos regarding their thoughts on the game (including floaty stuff).

Hm, could be I just made it up. I thought I saw that being mentioned somewhere.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Hm, could be I just made it up. I thought I saw that being mentioned somewhere.
maybe there was a talk between them that I am not aware of. I do remember Bizkit (who is a famous speedrunner) got to talk to Tai Yasue during the Premiere. But I am not sure him ever mentioning that he specifically talked to them about the concern of floaty combat.
Devs said they were watching those youtuber's impression videos so I guess the video itself is sort of communication toward the dev team.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
maybe there was a talk between them that I am not aware of. I do remember Bizkit (who is a famous speedrunner) got to talk to Tai Yasue during the Premiere. But I am not sure him ever mentioning that he specifically talked to them about the concern of floaty combat.
Devs said they were watching those youtuber's impression videos so I guess the video itself is sort of communication toward the dev team.

Right, that must be what I was thinking of, thanks. Here's hoping it made a difference for the final release.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
short clip of Dawn Til Dusk (aka Seven Eleven keyblade)

Also special video for Tokyo Sky Tree event. Has some new/extented scene as well as tease of Chikai orchestrated verion near the end.

Last edited:

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
short clip of Dawn Til Dusk (aka Seven Eleven keyblade)

The reaction to this short video on twitter is just "floaty" this, "floaty" that...like dear lord.

I don't understand, but it seems like this week, there was a sudden shift in the KH community, from excitement to everyone being extremely worried about the quality of this game, was it because of the leaks? All I see is everyone saying "It won't be as good as KH2, but I'm fine with that" or something close.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The reaction to this short video on twitter is just "floaty" this, "floaty" that...like dear lord.

I don't understand, but it seems like this week, there was a sudden shift in the KH community, from excitement to everyone being extremely worried about the quality of this game, was it because of the leaks? All I see is everyone saying "It won't be as good as KH2, but I'm fine with that" or something close.

With the game getting close people are giving their expectations and a lot of the more popular people in the community are obsessed with the mechanics and KH2FM. I don't see much value in it since the game isn't out and I feel like most are too focused on talking about one aspect of KH3 and not the whole package.

From leaks I've seen the game looks fine. It isn't KH2FM when it comes to gameplay but I think that's fine and something people should have been expecting for uhhhh 6 years now.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017

That doesn't look floaty at all. At least no floatier than KH has been at its least floatiest.
that part comes from the winnie the pooh trailer.
So it is. I haven't watched my KHIII trailers diligently enough, forgetting that shot, lol.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

It's possible it's because we're in the last couple of weeks before release, which means people reached the BBS-DDD-0.2 part of their preparation-replays lol.
I know I am not impressed by the short vid either. The way Sora just hangs in the air for seconds after the air finisher...The ground combo looks good though.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's possible it's because we're in the last couple of weeks before release, which means people reached the BBS-DDD-0.2 part of their preparation-replays lol.
I know I am not impressed by the short vid either. The way Sora just hangs in the air for seconds after the air finisher...The ground combo looks good though.
Yeah I get that, I get what they are referencing when they talk about the floaty combos. What bogles my mind is, shouldn't that issue be easily fixed? Like just make sora automatically start falling after a air combo...

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
Oh boy. I didn't know that. The leaks are really secretive imo since I didn't have idea the menu song was released online. Is it good?

A ranking would be nice lol
It's really different compared to previous ones.
The first I listened to it I was wondering if it was dearly beloved or not and found it kinda weird,it starts very slow but as the song progresses
it becomes more and more emotional IMO.
I don't know if it's my personal favorite but it's definitely the most ""matured" version :P

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I think more than anything they absolutely want every attack animation to fully play out and not have them cut off prematurely by landing, so they just made every attack give a huge amount of additional airtime. The lag before landing at the end of the animation is just straight up weird.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
With how different 0.2 feels from BBS and DDD, I think Osaka team is definitely listening to feedback, but I also think people need to consider that certain ways that KH3 plays differently than KH2 might be deliberate design decisions that they are never going to change.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
With how different 0.2 feels from BBS and DDD, I think Osaka team is definitely listening to feedback, but I also think people need to consider that certain ways that KH3 plays differently than KH2 might be deliberate design decisions that they are never going to change.

Yes. That doesn't make them good decisions though.