• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just watching a lot of leftist Youtube lately + some D&D stuff so there's really nothing KH or even much of video gaming related in my recommendations currently. Just a whole lot of ContraPoints, hbomberguy, Matthew Colville, Lindsay Ellis, Folding Ideas, Critical Role, shaun & such in my recommendations.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
There will be a new KH3 trailer/commercial tomorrow during the AFC Asian Cup. Nomura said it will be released to the public once the match ends.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
pretty crazy that they managed to fit in 2 minute commercial during national team game.
With Skytree event, Shibuya/Shinjuku station, hotel, and now this.. The marketing in Japan is crazy right now.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
There will be a new KH3 trailer/commercial tomorrow during the AFC Asian Cup. Nomura said it will be released to the public once the match ends.

Must be that January trailer in which they reveal the last two Disney worlds, the Final Fantasy characters and Radiant Garden that some fans kept telling me that would be happening no doubt.

OP
OP
malyse

malyse

Community Resetter
https://kotaku.com/kingdom-hearts-is-weirdly-similar-to-twin-peaks-1831277460

The writer mentions the novels and the manga for Kingdom Hearts and also namedrops "transmedia" which is something that's always bothered me. With the exception of the upcoming Kingdom Hearts χ novel, the manga and novels are retreads of the games with minimal if any additions. I've always wished for Kingdom Hearts to be a Mass Effect/Dragon Age style truly transmedia franchise branching into original stories in comics, movies, etc. Hell Mass Effect had a holographic ride.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just watching a lot of leftist Youtube lately + some D&D stuff so there's really nothing KH or even much of video gaming related in my recommendations currently. Just a whole lot of ContraPoints, hbomberguy, Matthew Colville, Lindsay Ellis, Folding Ideas, Critical Role, shaun & such in my recommendations.
Nice playlist you got there

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the way I'm definitely not watching the new video tomorrow. I mean, there's no point to watch it now.

Bobjam

Nov 27, 2017
I'm really surprised there have been no launch event plans announced outside of Japan. Even in California and UK, there was an event for 2.5 remix for PS3 back in 2014. Very interesting marketing they got going on in the west.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really surprised there have been no launch event plans announced outside of Japan. Even in California and UK, there was an event for 2.5 remix for PS3 back in 2014. Very interesting marketing they got going on in the west.

Well they do have that KH 3 thing on that one Disney Park....

But is it normal to have stuff at the level of the japan stuff in the west?

Oct 30, 2017
Osaka team has always struggled to make critical feel like a well balanced difficulty sadly.

Like I had problems with DDD and BBS (probably because there are straight up broken commands that make a lot of situations way easier), but it wasn't this level of frustration. (I really hate how Aqua, super skilled in magic, can't cast more than 3 spells on critical without getting tired. Magic feels mostly useless but completely required at the same time.)

Last edited:

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Like I had problems with DDD and BBS (probably because there are straight up broken commands that make a lot of situations way easier), but it wasn't this level of frustration. (I really hate how Aqua, super skilled in magic, can't cast more than 3 spells on critical without getting tired. Magic feels mostly useless but completely required at the same time.)

Yeah it's kind of weird how they limited mana for some reason, when it is essential most of the time.

Hope that in KH 3 they can make it harder without this kind of thing.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I actually thought Critical Mode in 0.2 was pretty good.

If you think this is bad, good thing you didn't play before the patch.

MP is limited because that's also how it worked in KH2FM. That's an issue in 0.2 because Sora still got MP naturally over the course of KH2FM, even if the gains were halved; 0.2 is a much shorter experience, so it hits her way harder than it did Sora in 2FM because she has few chances to even gain MP.

Last edited:

Bobjam

Nov 27, 2017
Well they do have that KH 3 thing on that one Disney Park....

But is it normal to have stuff at the level of the japan stuff in the west?

Well as I mentioned they have done launch events for previous titles outside of Japan. I mean, there are even two videos about the 2.5 Launch on the official KH channel (which are awesome). It's so weird how they are handling this game marketing-wise. We are back to the days of having to rely on translations of Nomura's statements in Japan as to what the team there are planning.

quesalupa

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
US
I don't think I can stay off YouTube for a week but I'm using incognito mode from here on out so I'll just get the general recommendations.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I'm gonna have to do something about Youtube then. My recs are all KH related right now. Everglow, Full Story of KHUx, KH speed runs, etc. I can't stop watching, but I know what'll happen. I need a Riku blindfold!

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna have to do something about Youtube then. My recs are all KH related right now. Everglow, Full Story of KHUx, KH speed runs, etc. I can't stop watching, but I know what'll happen. I need a Riku blindfold!
I installed an extension on chrome that was working pretty well! Its "video blocker" or something close to that, where you could put certain keywords, and it would block every video that had that word in the title, I tried it, blocked "Kingdom Hearts" and when I went to search it on youtube nothing appeared, and all of the videos from my subscriptions to KH related channels also dissapeared from my subscriptions page of videos.

So that might work.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I installed an extension on chrome that was working pretty well! Its "video blocker" or something close to that, where you could put certain keywords, and it would block every video that had that word in the title, I tried it, blocked "Kingdom Hearts" and when I went to search it on youtube nothing appeared, and all of the videos from my subscriptions to KH related channels also dissapeared from my subscriptions page of videos.

So that might work.

Yes, I also use this one. I also blocked other keywords like the name of characters, keyblade, boss, etc etc.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the music in the Hunchback world in DDD is soo good.

One of the best world themes in the series.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, the music in the Hunchback world in DDD is soo good.

One of the best world themes in the series.

It's so good!
The musketeers world theme also has a part in it that I love. It starts a bit goofy, but then it gets so good.

Hope KH 3 brings some great world themes too, really excited to hear the Tangled one.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Dream Drop Distance's soundtrack has a few themes that are a bit of a departure in style from the usual, but they still totally fit within the series and are among my favorite themes in the game. Shoutouts to Wild Blue and Untamable.

And while I'm at it, two of my favorite themes in the series are ones that no one seems to talk about; Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance's credits themes. Badass orchestrated medleys of some of the best themes in each game. I think my favorite part of either one is in Dream Drop Distance's medley; it fakes you out into thinking you're about to hear an arrangement of the Hunchback battle theme... only to segue into the most saccharine rendition of the Dream Eater minigame theme.

And then they hit you with the most god damned epic arrangement of Le Sanctuaire right after. Absolutely godlike.

Oct 25, 2017
DDD also has two of the best keyblades in the series don't @ me
da55u9r-2ef25b5a-844d-4229-9762-7d3c2a60f664.png

latest

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Most interesting bit imo:

"I think there's a lot more variety in the comedy in this version of Kingdom Hearts," Osment says. "Sora's always been an upbeat and positive character but they definitely found some new shade for him in this one that make things pretty interesting. And it's just really helpful to have that experience and, you know, with podcasts and being on those shows with a lot of people who are really talented at improv and everything."

Since Sora is definitely my favorite character I just can't wait to see what they are doing with him in KH III. And Osment does an amazing job.