• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Most interesting bit imo:

Since Sora is definitely my favorite character I just can't wait to see what they are doing with him in KH III. And Osment does an amazing job.

Yeah, Miyu (Japanese VA for Sora) mentioned recently that Sora plays as the straight man to Donald and Goofy, and that Nomura was very particular about how he should say the lines during those moments. I'm expecting some good laughs :)

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I imagine the sass that he portrays when he confronts Marluxia for the first time that we've seen is part of that change.

He was already pretty damn sassy in KH2, they dialed it back for DDD (almost a reversion to KH1 Sora) but maybe that's because there wasn't a goofy and donald for him to play off. But yeah, seeing the things like the Marluxia scene, hopefully they brought that sass back.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Wow you guys buying the Japanese version are really brave then lol.

I did the same with KH2, I kinda regret it because it ruined part of my experience.
I mean.. I do understand a lot of it. The only issue I have is reading some of the kanji texts so it's kinda annoying with items and materials and such.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
Well, I've done did it.
At the turn of the year, the only game I had even touched in the series was KH1.
14 days later, and I've played/watched the rest of the series and have a pretty good grasp of the story. I'm ready baby, bring on KH3.
I was considering making a Mega LTTP, but I feel like it's not worth the time.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Wow you guys buying the Japanese version are really brave then lol.

I did the same with KH2, I kinda regret it because it ruined part of my experience.
I've played pretty much every game in the series aside from 358/2 Days in Japanese at least once out of sheer impatience, lol.

Helps that I have a somewhat basic knowledge of hiragana and katakana, which pretty much KH game uses (at least the latter) for it's most basic menu elements (Probably because it's targeted to a younger skewing demographic) so at this point, I can pretty confidently not get confused while playing.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
If Lea calling himself Axel now ends up being a gateway for Xehanort to come back eventually after KH3 because he has the sigil in his name I will burn this franchise.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Kingdom.Hearts%3A.Birth.by.Sleep.full.513141.jpg

I really like this fanart

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Dude's Axel no matter what.

Xigbar, Axel, XALDIN, etc - that's for life. Unless they change their name to Xehanort; that I'll accept.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Days was actually my first Kingdom Hearts in Japanese from what I recall (2FM/Re:CoM came after) you really do just kind of adapt to the basic menus after playing them for so many years.

I don't have more than a very very basic grade school understanding of Japanese but I can usually recognise which spells are which. It helps there's a lot of visual aid too with the menus.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
I need to cancel my 2015 amazon.com pre-order for the game since I am getting it from the UK but I can't bring myself to do it. That pre-order has a history of its own :P

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
The scene at the end is a logical follow up to what was seen during the last trailer, people are doing way to much. I thought it would reveal a character death, a secret comeback or the final boss.

The Scala reveal was actually more spoilery and it would have been nice to find that out playing the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Strange question :

OK, so I have BARELY watched any KH3 footage. Like, none in the past year or more. (on media blackout)

But how are the graphics?

I'm comparing it to 0.2, specifically that scene with kairi, riku, and mickey in yen Sid tower.
That was the fucking ugliest thing I have seen in a while.
On the other hand, remember the KH3 reveal with Sora picking up eraqus key blade?
That was absolutely beautiful.

I feel from what I've seen of KH3, it's lost that artstyle and everything/everyone looks like wax?

How do the graphics look now? Does it look like a kh game?

I only ask because I watched all of the everglow series timeline, and that 0.2 scene was just so absolutely jarring to me.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
That early 0.2 scene was obviously them being lazy and just using minimally updated KHII character models to save time/cost of 0.2's development. It would've been a waste of money to make those KHII character designs in the quality of KHIII for just a few minutes of talking. Of course KHIII doesn't look like that, just like the rest of 0.2 isn't that bad looking.

KHIII looks beautiful. There's a bit of that waxy look still in parts but it's a great looking game overall.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strange question :

OK, so I have BARELY watched any KH3 footage. Like, none in the past year or more. (on media blackout)

But how are the graphics?

I'm comparing it to 0.2, specifically that scene with kairi, riku, and mickey in yen Sid tower.
That was the fucking ugliest thing I have seen in a while.
On the other hand, remember the KH3 reveal with Sora picking up eraqus key blade?
That was absolutely beautiful.

I feel from what I've seen of KH3, it's lost that artstyle and everything/everyone looks like wax?

How do the graphics look now? Does it look like a kh game?

I only ask because I watched all of the everglow series timeline, and that 0.2 scene was just so absolutely jarring to me.

DsGqlAtWkAAY3_M.jpg:large

DrQOBroWkAE_vwd.jpg:large