• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
A lesson on art and critique huh? That sounds great, I'm gonna try to watch it for sure.
tumblr_pjtsi3Z0wJ1wrzpy3o1_r1_400.gif

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
Ratatouille was so ahead of its time, now there's all these Netflix shows about the art of foodmaking and stuff that people love to watch. But Remy, he was there before anyone else.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
You've made a powerful enemy this day.

I honestly think at least 10-15 hours of my BBS playtime was probably spent playing Command Board.

Yeah the Command Board is weirdly addicting even though it's very time consuming and not as rewarding for the time you spend on it.

I could see myself playing it when I'm using public transportation and I don't have internet connection.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Ratatouille was so ahead of its time, now there's all these Netflix shows about the art of foodmaking and stuff that people love to watch. But Remy, he was there before anyone else.
It honestly goes for any form of art. If half of the videogame critics had watched that movie we'd have a much healthier rating system overall lol

It's all about keeping an open mind to new stuff and appreciate works of passion

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017

I honestly think at least 10-15 hours of my BBS playtime was probably spent playing Command Board.
I platinumed BBS, I personally enjoy Command Board, it's very cute. I just can't recommend it to people

It honestly goes for any form of art. If half of the videogame critics had watched that movie we'd have a much healthier rating system overall lol

It's all about keeping an open mind to new stuff and appreciate works of passion
For real, a lot of my approach to stuff is to love things wholeheartedly and seek out those small underappreciated works of passion. Irony and insincerity is so offputting to me now. Even if I don't like something, I try to find what good I can from it.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm having so much trouble getting through DDD that I'm considering just watching the cutscenes on YouTube. The drop system sucks so much.

Are there any recommendations for making it suck less? I find myself staring at it since I'm worried about starting something that's interesting but only having a minute left before I have to drop.

470nm

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having so much trouble getting through DDD that I'm considering just watching the cutscenes on YouTube. The drop system sucks so much.

Are there any recommendations for making it suck less? I find myself staring at it since I'm worried about starting something that's interesting but only having a minute left before I have to drop.

First always max out the drop decelerator between character swaps. Its cheap and really helps. (May only be there in the HD version though.)

Second, once you've reached Hunchback you can buy Drop-me-nots, make a spare deck and pop one once you're down to the last 30-45 seconds (tiny sliver of pink bar) to stay as that character. They reset the drop meter and rate. Keep an eye on the world weather because Risky Winds will increase your drop rate.

Third, Sora's side has a lot of enemies that increase the drop rate so make sure he has a dream eater with sleep block in his party.

You don't really have to worry about dropping after you reach Hunchback and about 30 Drop-me-nots is plenty to get through the entire story. Always pop one, or start from a fresh drop, before a boss.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017

There's the Drop Decelerator perk for when you do drop. The last 30 seconds before you drop give more drop points too so use that wisely. But ideally, if you feel you need more time, you can use and buy the item "Drop-Me-Not" and also "Drop-Me-Never" that are really helpful. I think you need to equip them in your deck to use them though so just make another equippable deck with them in it and switch back to your main deck after.

Edit: Oops, someone already gave that advice. Uhh... abuse flowmotion if you have weak commands? The only abilities that are permanent are Support and Spirit abilities, the red and purple ones, everything else is based on your Dream Eater team.

Last edited:

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
'm having so much trouble getting through DDD that I'm considering just watching the cutscenes on YouTube. The drop system sucks so much.

Drop-me-nots make the Drop system a complete non-issue.

Feb 4, 2018

Thank goodness someone else loves the Command Board. I played it just for the sake of playing it.

Also, this confirms it. I'm done with YouTube for the next two weeks. Before BbS came out in the US I got spoiled on
Eraqus dying because of YouTube suggestions.
It was literally in the video title wtf!

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I jumped off KH1 (PS3) during the Tarzan level. Against my better judgement because of my other games I need to play and finish I want to jump back in. The passion of the fanbase is contagious.

Do you think I should start back over if I don't remember much from my time with the game, or am I not missing much story up to that point? How many hours is that anyways?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance was another good entry even if they were reckless enough to introduce confusing time travel and weird dream elements that are poorly explained into this among all the already convoluted lore going on. Oh and apparently some of the Org members are alive again and human but they still have nobody powers and for some reason they decided to give Axel a keyblade. It was abit random. What a beautiful mess this game is.

I think I still prefer BBS' gameplay though. Flowmotion is fun, the new worlds are great and the improved boss fights are a big improvement over BBS' but the story is becoming more needlessly confusing, don't care for Flick Rush or dream eaters either. The dream eaters were a cute novelty at first but playing the same three minigames over and over again to unlock new spells/attacks and new abilities (that you can't even use unless you have that dream eater in your party) got old pretty quick.

I think its just funner to tear through mobs with command styles and shotlocks and meld in BBS. That and Aqua is the bee's knees.

Last edited:

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I jumped off KH1 (PS3) during the Tarzan level. Against my better judgement because of my other games I need to play and finish I want to jump back in. The passion of the fanbase is contagious.

Do you think I should start back over if I don't remember much from my time with the game, or am I not missing much story up to that point? How many hours is that anyways?

Tarzan is arguably one of the worst worlds in the series honestly, you can easily get lost trying to find where to go! Keep it up from where you left off mate! Up to that point nothing major happens if I recall correctly.

As for me, I have also been feeling the need to play something KH related while I wait for KH 3, and well, I finally got around to play Re:Coded, just finished Olympus Coliseum, and damn, this is actually great fun! This game really looks like the devs just wanted to have fun with different gameplay styles, while they may not be completely well implemented (or deep), it's pretty fun to have a change of pace from world to world.

And the gameplay is also pretty cool and a very nice implementation of the command deck from BBS and DDD, I believe I prefer the way Sora's abilities grow here, when compared to DDD, and it also has the command melding from BBS (not as deep though). I'm very impressed by the way this game plays, considering it is a DS title.

Now I'm excited to see what kind of gameplay change they bring in Agrabah, so far it was 2D sidescroller, on-rails shooter and turn-based combat.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017

Glad our passion is infecting you haha. Not much story has happened by that point, you're probably better off just continuing where you left off especially since KHI starts with some of the worst worlds in the franchise. All the KH games have like 30 hours of just the main game. If you want to better understand KHIII, KHI isn't the most relevant by now but it doesn't hurt to play it either, it's up to you. The more relevant games are Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance but they're very different from KHI and KHII gameplay-wise

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the info guys! At the moment I don't feel so pressured to be ready for KH3 (maybe that will change if critics rave when it comes out) so I'm going to make an effort to play all the games before I get to 3. I will say besides forgetting some of the combat mechanics (or maybe not, im just attacking and using one of three spells while locked on) I immediately was charmed again by the music and world.

By the way, is it true that the final Fantasy character appearances fade away as the series progresses? Have we seen any in the promotional material for 3?

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, is it true that the final Fantasy character appearances fade away as the series progresses? Have we seen any in the promotional material for 3?
After KH2, they showed up less and less. There's none in Days, one in BBS, and 3D had TWEWY characters instead. For story reasons, Coded mainly follows KH1, so it has all the FF characters from that game, but no new ones. There's been absolutely no FF characters shown in trailers for KH3, and Nomura has been downplaying their importance in interviews for a while now.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Drop-me-nots make the Drop system a complete non-issue.
First always max out the drop decelerator between character swaps. Its cheap and really helps. (May only be there in the HD version though.)

Second, once you've reached Hunchback you can buy Drop-me-nots, make a spare deck and pop one once you're down to the last 30-45 seconds (tiny sliver of pink bar) to stay as that character. They reset the drop meter and rate. Keep an eye on the world weather because Risky Winds will increase your drop rate.

Third, Sora's side has a lot of enemies that increase the drop rate so make sure he has a dream eater with sleep block in his party.

You don't really have to worry about dropping after you reach Hunchback and about 30 Drop-me-nots is plenty to get through the entire story. Always pop one, or start from a fresh drop, before a boss.
There's the Drop Decelerator perk for when you do drop. The last 30 seconds before you drop give more drop points too so use that wisely. But ideally, if you feel you need more time, you can use and buy the item "Drop-Me-Not" and also "Drop-Me-Never" that are really helpful. I think you need to equip them in your deck to use them though so just make another equippable deck with them in it and switch back to your main deck after.

Edit: Oops, someone already gave that advice. Uhh... abuse flowmotion if you have weak commands? The only abilities that are permanent are Support and Spirit abilities, the red and purple ones, everything else is based on your Dream Eater team.
Thanks, folks. Was able to clear a world without having to touch the Drop system. Now to just sorta... power my way through it, I guess. I don't really get the Dream Eater stuff and I'm not sure I care to. It's such a weird game.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Wait...so shotlocks are back?

7YVIvtO.gif

Yeaaaaaah booooyy!

Really enjoying that feature being back in Fragmentary Passage, assumed it was just here for Aqua.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Finally went and got a digital pre-order on PlayStation 4. I was originally going to get a disc copy on Xbox One, then a deluxe copy, then a digital copy instead since my younger brother and I both have our own Xbox One's and would just need one copy that way, so we save money. But I got a PlayStation 4 Slim about a month ago during the holidays, so my younger brother wanted to get it on PlayStation 4 digitally instead, since he has a Pro and would prefer to continue playing the game on a PlayStation console like he's used to. So yeah.

RZ4S9yb.jpg

Got it over 2 hours ago, so the time remaining is wrong.

The theme is nice.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait...so shotlocks are back?

7YVIvtO.gif

Yeaaaaaah booooyy!

Really enjoying that feature being back in Fragmentary Passage, assumed it was just here for Aqua.
If anything Fragmentary Passage let me know shotlock was gonna be in 3.

Low key trying to figure this approach with how I'm gonna do release. The plan is to get me a 2TB SSHD prior to Tuesday then when Tuesday rolls around put that in my KH3 ps4 pro when that comes in but before that I have to back up my orginal ps4 in prep to dump it on the the ps4 pro. Still though since I'm gonna play it the minute my copy unlocks at midnight though so this is gonna get some play on the OG ps4 but I hope the system comes in asap Tuesday but I'm nervous cause now I'm at the mercy of delivery for a video game product and of course they don't always come on time.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017

You are only forced to drop, like, 6 or 7 times through the game. Past the first world where they introduce the mechanic, you only need to drop every few worlds to keep Sora and Riku somewhat synched within the story. The rest of the time you can just use Drop Me Nots. Don't leave it at the last 30 seconds or so. Always keep it at a level where you can beat a boss if you happen to run into one.

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017
OK guys, a lot more people got copies of the game, finished it and are giving out story spoilers.
We're talking about more than 3 people already....They will even do joint a joint spoiler session and tell their opinion about the game.
I mean...we still have 9 days but for anyone wanting to avoid spoilers I would suggest you to avoid twitter, youtube and reddit entirely.
I think I'll bail out of the spoiler thread too, this leak is getting messier and messier by the minute :/.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
OK guys, a lot more people got copies of the game, finished it and are giving out story spoilers.
We're talking about more than 3 people already....They will even do joint a joint spoiler session and tell their opinion about the game.
I mean...we still have 9 days but for anyone wanting to avoid spoilers I would suggest you to avoid twitter, youtube and reddit entirely.
I think I'll bail out of the spoiler thread too, this leak is getting messier and messier by the minute :/.
Thank you very much! Time to install all the extensions to keep spoilers away.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Thanks for the heads up, I ignored that thread a while ago but I admit that every once in a while I popped in to see what was being talked about. Guess I'll stop doing that if story spoilers are out there.

I ruined a couple of KH games for myself because I was way too hyped and wanted more and more info at the time, but I'm actually OK this time around, so I'll wait for the game to be in my hands.

Deleted member 49770

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2018
I got kinda spoiled on something from a YouTube thumbnail earlier. Not too bummed because a trailer heavily suggested this was in, but it still would've been nice not to know.

I really hate YouTube's "personalized home page" being the default, especially on their mobile app. Everyone just wants their subscriptions!

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I tried Hikari and Chikai VR thing. It's funny how Utada looked like super high quality CG model in VR lol. Maybe it's because I am not used to watching real person in VR yet.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Ok I just reactivated the video blocker extension on my chrome to block Kingdom Hearts videos.
Shame there isn't something similar on iphone/ipad...

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I've been on twitter one day since the game leaked in some places and as soon as I opened twitter a spoiler popped up.

Luckily it was just a neat easter egg that I originally thought was the daily KH post, but nope. Don't think it's ever been this scary on social media for me before a games release.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Guys I can't recommend video blocker enough for blocking the youtube spoilers, it has worked wonders for me so far!

And I'm not going near twitter for one month, this thread will be the only way I get KH related stuff for the next week! I trust you guys won't disappoint!

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
I don't use Reddit that much and don't use Twitter at all, so that's taken care of. I have a video blocker extension on my laptop, so I should be good there. I think youtube on my phone is the only dangerous place since there's no way to block videos on Android (unless there is?) and pushing other interests to show up on recommended videos besides KH. It's getting real scary now to avoid spoilers