• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Komali

Sep 25, 2018
I finished the game. I can finally go to Youtube without fearing spoilers. Is the whole OST uploaded anywhere? I need to hear these godly tracks.

sigma722

Oct 26, 2017
I guess Red Bull heard there were tons of people and decided to show up lmao. They usually hang out on the main college campus but I've never seen them show up at stores.

If I remember correctly they showed up while I was camping out for the wii + twilight princess. Pretty weird, unexpected, and kind of unwelcome until the next day because it was cold af.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
So far the biggest issue the game has IMO is the baggage. There are definitely a bunch of times where the dialogue turns to exposition for stuff that I wish we would have moved past ages ago. I really don't want to randomly hear about Coded thank you very much.

And it's not presented in a way that would help newcomers follow along, that I could kinda understand at least.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
I have a copy coming in from Amazon that I sold to a friend and I'm buying deluxe edition from Target and they don't do midnight launches so I won't be able to play tonight, also gotta get through the work day tomorrow ;_;

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Anyone get their Keyblade code from Amazon yet? Don't see it in my inbox. Got a code, which I thought was it, but turns out it's for RE2 (don't remember their being a bonus for it).

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
Anyone get their Keyblade code from Amazon yet? Don't see it in my inbox. Got a code, which I thought was it, but turns out it's for RE2 (don't remember their being a bonus for it).
I never realized how awkward it is to be talking to an Amazon representative on the phone about video games.

"I know you'll need to transfer me, but I'm having trouble looking for the code for a download for this video game I ordered"
"You didn't get a code for a video?"
"No it's a thing for a video game, it's a pre-order bonus"

I botched it super hard by trying not to say keyblade. But I'll get back to you if I figure this ish out haha.

Edit: Got my code. I think they didn't send the codes out yet but the rep was nice and sent it to me anyways and my email had these instructions as well -
Your product key, serial number, or activation key can be found in Your Games & Software Library using the following steps:

1. Visit Your Games & Software Library (https://www.amazon.com/YourGamesAndSoftware).
2. Locate your game or software in the list.
3. Click the button to view your code if needed.

I don't see the code in there yet though

Last edited:

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Finally!

U2nCDcH.jpg

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm up to Tangled now, have to call it and go to work :(
Having a blast though, and with forced 1080p on the Pro it's (almost) constant 60fps, too, which feels great to play.

somewhat early dialogue spoiler:
"I can't computer so...you do that" was great.
Comedic writing is a bunch better so far.

Last edited:

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Happy KH3 launch day KH ERA! Thanks to all of you that made waiting for this day to come a little easier!

MAY YOUR HEART BE YOUR GUIDING KEY!!!!

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got the game. Can't velieve I have a copy of Kingdom Hearts 3 in my hands. I will probably cry.

sigma722

Oct 26, 2017
1) Last night about 9:50pm some random person send me a message request on facebook. It appeared to be a list of spoilers from KH3. At first the first spoiler didn't bother me too much, but the more I think about the more it does, so that's fun. Luckily I turned off the phone as soon as I was able to decode what they were attempting to do :-/

2) my shipping updated, so it's definitely arriving today, just hopefully closer to 5 than 8.

3) I cannot wait.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
For some reason I can't play for more than an hour without taking a mental break, shit is making me sleepy for some reason. I always noticed SP games have that effect on me lol. I'm taking it really slowly exploring every nook and cranny I just wanna soak in everything, same as I did with KH1. Still on the Toy Story world with 8 hours of playtime, and I'm no where near done with the world.

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
You guys are going to judge me but the first KH I played through was actually BBS. I then played KH1 for like 10 hours but didn't really get into it. The KH3 hype got me to start KH2 yesterday and I LOVE it. I love how the game tells you the events of the past game while having this telling set up as a mystery (or maybe it's not a mystery, but as a newcomer it's totally a mystery and i'm HOOKED) Love the gameplay, love the music (duh), love Roxas, and I really, really, really, really love the fact that I know nothing. I feel like I don't really care about the story per se, I'm here for the drama : what I really loved in BBS and what I expect in KH2 is how the story will create powerful scenes. I don't care if it's nonsensical as long as it's fun and bombastic, and so far (3 hours in) this is what I'm getting. And I love it SO. MUCH.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
You guys are going to judge me but the first KH I played through was actually BBS. I then played KH1 for like 10 hours but didn't really get into it. The KH3 hype got me to start KH2 yesterday and I LOVE it. I love how the game tells you the events of the past game while having this telling set up as a mystery (or maybe it's not a mystery, but as a newcomer it's totally a mystery and i'm HOOKED) Love the gameplay, love the music (duh), love Roxas, and I really, really, really, really love the fact that I know nothing. I feel like I don't really care about the story per se, I'm here for the drama : what I really loved in BBS and what I expect in KH2 is how the story will create powerful scenes. I don't care if it's nonsensical as long as it's fun and bombastic, and so far (3 hours in) this is what I'm getting. And I love it SO. MUCH.
No hate here, Kingdom hearts is all about love! My first KH was CoM and it's still one of my favorites despite it being pretty low for most people's lists.

I was talking to my friend this morning about the recent Waypoint podcast on Kingdom Hearts and how they concluded that KH fans are more character-focused than plot-focused. And I gotta say I completely agree, I'm in it to cry damnit.

Like we know the plot is insane but the plot drives the character interactions and the emotional moments the series has are so good (especially because of the music). Accepting that anything can happen makes the mysteries of the series really fun too, it's all official fan fiction.

We also joked that we could figure out people's reactions to the end of LOST based on what they think of Kingdom Hearts, haha.

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
Accepting that anything can happen makes the mysteries of the series really fun too, it's all official fan fiction.
Yes! This! I actually tried KH1 after playing FFX and Xenoblade Chronicles 1, and I think I didn't give the game a proper shot because I was in a wrong mindset. Right now, I'm having a strong "Disneyland as seen by a FF fan" feeling and this is what I love the most. The "anything can happend" thing is 100% what I was missing, and 100% what I love right now. Which makes all these "the KH story doesn't make sense!!!!!" videos kind of nonsense because this is not what matters here (see also : the Zelda timeline)

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got my deluxe copy. Holding it feels like a dream come true, seriously. Oh god i've waited so much for this...

I'm ready to dive in.