• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
So I don't want answers or spoilers obviously, but I just saw a thumbnail and what felt like a pretty significant spoiler title for the secret ending in my SUB FEED uploaded by Everglow of all people and that just salts my shit right up. I thought I unsubbed all KH people but I guess not. Of all people you'd think THEY would understand to not put any detail in the upload title. Hopefully I'm overreacting. But don't tell me if I am or if I am not. I wanna stay as blind as I can.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
So I don't want answers or spoilers obviously, but I just saw a thumbnail and what felt like a pretty significant spoiler title for the secret ending in my SUB FEED uploaded by Everglow of all people and that just salts my shit right up. I thought I unsubbed all KH people but I guess not. Of all people you'd think THEY would understand to not put any detail in the upload title. Hopefully I'm overreacting. But don't tell me if I am or if I am not. I wanna stay as blind as I can.
I just noticed that the thumbnail has changed, previously it just showed a picture of a Sora artwork in both the epilogue and secret ending, but now it shows scenes from the epilogue and secret ending proper.

I am just gonna chalk it up to Youtube shenanigans, because it has been known to change the thumbnails on videos to a random scene of the video for algorithms sake.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Finished Kingdom Hearts III. 32 hours and 54 minutes.

Now I need to find more Lucky Emblems to unlock the secret ending...

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Xemnas' lasers + Ansem SoD's stand +Young Xehanort time shenanigans + Master Xehanort body stealing = DIO

I wonder if that was intentional

Joking aside, almost done, I think

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
c7jidlzrzzd21.png

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished it. I need a few more Lucky Emblems for the Secret Ending, but that epilogue, phew

93d58a46c4828ae1ea806f1bc3f52f58.gif

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If there's anything I'm disappointed by, it's that the phrase "haunted mansion" is said multiple times and has nothing to do with the ride.

Edit: Got the secret movie.

I...they...WHAT?!

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. We all are.
I thought the Verum Rex trailer was the coolest part of Toy Box and then actually being tossed in the game was a hilarious shock. But then Sora and Riku end up in THE ACTUAL VERUM REX WORLD.
NOMURA WAT.
KH3 was a prelude to his new series Verum Rex. It's the Buzz Lighyear: Star Command of Square Enix.

When it started I was thinking "Huh, why are we back in San FransokyooooOOOOO WHAT"

Are they both Verum Rex or is it just Riku and Sora's in a different not-Japan?

On another note

Donald's ultimate attack was amazing.

What was the prerequisite for getting your name in that final attack again? You had to rank high in the mobile game, yeah?

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so, I just sealed the keyhole at Neverland and have Halloween Town done too. I just have to do Alanatis or whatever it is. Do I have much of the game left at this point? I'm interested in knowing.

Edit: talking about KH1 lol

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
My sister got interested in Kingdom Hearts because she saw a lot of posts about the hype for KH3 and I told her I got the game and liked all of the other games too.

I've tried to get her into videogames before, but I mostly play narrative-driven games and more strategy based games like turn based RPGs, so she just got bored most of the time.

But she just finished playing Kingdom Hearts 1 for 4 hours straight with no breaks. It was crazy coming from her. She loves the combat and she loved battling the Final Fantasy gang in Destiny Islands and Riku. Hell, she took more than 130 or so tries for the Riku fight and she loved every second of it, seeing her from spamming the X button without no thought to learning all of Riku's patterns and planning out every attack was amazing to say the least. She also thinks she will love the Disney stuff from what I have told her.

Goes to show how this series can appeal to so many different people.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Couple questions

How did Xion get to where she was? Did her heart just drift back to her replica body from Sora's heart and some random point? Or was there a specific scene where you can say it was happening that I missed?

What the FUCK happened when Sora revived everyone? Him and Kairi get back, they all are there seemingly happy he saved them all, and then the events played out the exact same way like nothing ever happened up until Terras Will came in?

Sora is pretty much lost in the abyss or something for using the power of waking on everyone so quickly, and then using it one last time to save Kairi at the end, right?

Also im really excited for KH and Union Cross with how
Xigbar ending up being Luxu the whole time. Like I think thats a pretty rad reveal and doesn't really feel like an ass pull like some of the other stuff in this game. Like his motivations are super clear now and BBS and stuff make a whole lot more sense for what his character does and why he does it. Im guessing at some point in the distant past he had to bequeath or lose the keyblade to another, which eventually got to Xehanort, and by that point it was about time for Luxu to get it back along with the black box reappearing? Maleficent was right about it not being find-able up until an event happening, right?

Man Im so hyped for new stuff. I think the biggest problem with the Xehanort Saga was it was a little too long. I imagine the Foreteller saga will be much shorter and less bullshit.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
What was the prerequisite for getting your name in that final attack again? You had to rank high in the mobile game, yeah?

There was a campaign where you could get your name entered a number of times depending on how long you've been playing, how high you ranked in an event and how many special medals you got. The rules had stated that certain names would be ineligible if they don't fit in the game, but I don't think they actually followed up with this lol

Couple questions

How did Xion get to where she was? Did her heart just drift back to her replica body from Sora's heart and some random point? Or was there a specific scene where you can say it was happening that I missed?

What the FUCK happened when Sora revived everyone? Him and Kairi get back, they all are there seemingly happy he saved them all, and then the events played out the exact same way like nothing ever happened up until Terras Will came in?

Sora is pretty much lost in the abyss or something for using the power of waking on everyone so quickly, and then using it one last time to save Kairi at the end, right?

Also im really excited for KH and Union Cross with how
Xigbar ending up being Luxu the whole time. Like I think thats a pretty rad reveal and doesn't really feel like an ass pull like some of the other stuff in this game. Like his motivations are super clear now and BBS and stuff make a whole lot more sense for what his character does and why he does it. Im guessing at some point in the distant past he had to bequeath or lose the keyblade to another, which eventually got to Xehanort, and by that point it was about time for Luxu to get it back along with the black box reappearing? Maleficent was right about it not being find-able up until an event happening, right?

Man Im so hyped for new stuff. I think the biggest problem with the Xehanort Saga was it was a little too long. I imagine the Foreteller saga will be much shorter and less bullshit.

1. It wasn't explained like at all. Her journal entry even acts like she was fully recompleted by Organization XIII and just needed a memory jog or something.
2. The Lich stole everyone's hearts but in doing so gave them the ability to time travel. So they all time traveled back to before everything went to shit, with the only difference being the Lingering Will's interference thanks to Namine.
3. Pretty much.

Re: Luxu - Yep, that's what happens. The Secret Reports will go into it in more detail, you can get them by clearing the battlegates.

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
KH shot-for-shot cutscenes so accurate they trigger Disney copyright claims

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Is the secret movie for KH3 a CGI concept like Deep Dive/The Gathering or is it more in line with the secret endings of BBS/Re:Coded? No spoilers please.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm that epilogue didn't shock me I honestly expected it plus Olympus gave it away anyway .

Now the secret ending.....Whew

But why is riku there I wonder

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I'm the opposite. I can't stand the game's story. I skip every single cutscene after a good 10 seconds of cringe-inducing dialogue about darkness and the power of friendship.

The boss battles and the difficulty are what keep bringing me back. Beating Birth By Sleep on the highest difficulties was a BLAST.

if I want difficulty I beat a Dark Souls game for the 10th time. KH isn't a game to care about difficulty IMO.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I am so bored with this damn game. I've been playing for so many hours and I can't get to anything interesting. I need to see what happens but even though the game is easy as hell it's just beyond slow.

Tell me when does union x get even slightly interesting I'm at 526 am i even close
Never. Whatever moments of interest there are, they last for, like, 15-30 seconds (depending on how fast you read & go through dialogue).

And then it's back to Agrabah to back & forth between the city & desert for 150 missions.

I suggest you bail and just catch up to the 2 minutes of any level of meaningful yearly plot development on youtube every 12 months or so.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on this dragon fight at the end of KH1 and honest to God, I've never maybe seen a more badly designed boss fight than this. It's so stupidly over difficult for the sake of it. She can do multiple attacks the same time despite what animation she's doing. Her tail whip will hit you despite being nowhere near you. Her stomps will happen continuously without her doing them.

It's a terrible fight, down to every degree. I absolutely adore a challenging fight, but it has to be fair and this is not in anyway.

If I can't beat it by the end of the day I'm watching the ending online. I don't really give that much of a toss.

I ain't wasting too much time on terribly designed fights.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'm on this dragon fight at the end of KH1 and honest to God, I've never maybe seen a more badly designed boss fight than this. It's so stupidly over difficult for the sake of it. She can do multiple attacks the same time despite what animation she's doing. Her tail whip will hit you despite being nowhere near you. Her stomps will happen continuously without her doing them.

It's a terrible fight, down to every degree. I absolutely adore a challenging fight, but it has to be fair and this is not in anyway.

If I can't beat it by the end of the day I'm watching the ending online. I don't really give that much of a toss.

I ain't wasting too much time on terribly designed fights.
You can solve most kh1 fights by leveling up or using tinkerbell summon, which is how i got through that specific boss

I think you can glide through all her stomps so you wont receive any damage until the wave is over, there's also room for parrying some attacks

Still, tinkerbell heals over time so stocking potions+tinkerbell should give you what you need to get through

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I remember there being a platform in that arena that you can jump on that makes most of Maleficent's attacks miss, and the rest easy to avoid. I remember just spamming magic attacks from there. But I could be remembering wrong.

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
2.8 arrived Friday and I managed to get a few hours in to DDD today in my quest to play all the KH games before 3. So it kinda feels like they wanted to make you feel like you're in a cutscene or something, because the flowmotion stuff is so OP but feels awesome to play.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
So question about Toy Box world

The worlds are separated with one being for the toys and the other being all humans. This was never really resolved was it? The toys just go back to Andy's home, forever waiting but never reunited?

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017

The worlds are separated with one being for the toys and the other being all humans. This was never really resolved was it? The toys just go back to Andy's home, forever waiting but never reunited?

Yeah, pretty much. Except the split isn't simply toys in one world and humans in another. It's just that those handful of toys have been pulled away so Xehanort can observe their behavior. Everyone else, Andy and the other toys, are in the real world.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
2.8 arrived Friday and I managed to get a few hours in to DDD today in my quest to play all the KH games before 3. So it kinda feels like they wanted to make you feel like you're in a cutscene or something, because the flowmotion stuff is so OP but feels awesome to play.

I just beat Traverse Town as both Sora and Riku and honestly I think flowmotion is poorly implemented in the combat and the level design suffers because every room is designed to be a giant flowmotion playroom, but the enemies' movements aren't dynamic enough for you to utilize the entire room. You end up staying in one spot like in all the other games and the levels end up feeling way too large and empty. Or in the case of Riku's boss fight, the room is way too small and the boss keeps running to different corners which makes it hard to land a hit.

HemoGoblin

Nov 3, 2017
I'm nearing the end of kh3 but have probably got 1-2 hours left. Meanwhile, due to my renewed interest in the series I'm helping my non-gamer girlfriend play the first one.

I'd say my main beef with 3 so far had been the flat voice acting, especially with the non-Disney characters. Weirdly enough, from my short re-exposure to the first game I'm starting to think it had better voice acting than the new one smh.

That being said, overall I've been really enjoying the new one. It's just harder to ignore the rough edges in 2019.

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, I just finished KH1. What an absolute awful ending to a good game. I fully hated everything after Hollow Bastion, as it is just utterly ridiculous. Also, every single boss is fucking trash. None of them are fun and are made to be overly difficult and not fair in the slightest to just pad it out. I enjoyed my time with it, but I hated everything near the end.

I'm watching a video for Chain of Memories, then digging into KH2. Those boss fights better be good.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017

Did you beat the game yet? just asking before i say anything else lol

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
1. It wasn't explained like at all. Her journal entry even acts like she was fully recompleted by Organization XIII and just needed a memory jog or something.
2. The Lich stole everyone's hearts but in doing so gave them the ability to time travel. So they all time traveled back to before everything went to shit, with the only difference being the Lingering Will's interference thanks to Namine.
3. Pretty much.

Re: Luxu - Yep, that's what happens. The Secret Reports will go into it in more detail, you can get them by clearing the battlegates.
Man thats freakin lame
about Xion. Hopefully when they release the Final Mix content or whatever they add in some scenes to make that bullshit make even a lick of sense.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Man thats freakin lame
about Xion. Hopefully when they release the Final Mix content or whatever they add in some scenes to make that bullshit make even a lick of sense.

Yeah

personally I thought they were playing pretty fast and loose with game canon in order to give the RAX trio the most drama and angst. There was some other stuff involving them that didn't make much sense, such as Axel being able to see Xion through Kairi or Roxas still being able to wield two Keyblades.

Aisutron

Nov 1, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
I finally finished Re:Chain of Memories, the story was actually really good but I hate the card system because it was just so annoying. I'm only glad I could abuse Sleights.

I was just curious and looked up which difficulty to play KH2 in but everywhere says Critical. I'm not good at action games at all, won't I get wrecked hard?

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I finally finished Re:Chain of Memories, the story was actually really good but I hate the card system because it was just so annoying. I'm only glad I could abuse Sleights.

I was just curious and looked up which difficulty to play KH2 in but everywhere says Critical. I'm not good at action games at all, won't I get wrecked hard?

It's not as hard as the term Critical might imply. It definitely does challenge you, though, but not unfairly.

Try it out! If it really feels too tough, start again. The first fight of the game is a little tough on Critical, but that's not indicative of the whole game