• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
I'm about halfway through this ridiculously long theory write up. I live for these crazy fan theories but this one is one of the most thought out theories I've read in a long time. I actually like a lot of what they say too, it's just that they linger on some things longer than they need to and I don't agree on a few small things but it's overall pretty interesting

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The main idea is sound (I don't want it to be but it could be) but yeah, it lost me with the explanation

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
The whole thing feels like a huge stretch but at the same time... there are several very convincing points there.

For one thing, the Ultimania confirmed that the Dive to Heart section takes place at the end. The theory doesn't say it's at the end, but they were quite close. I also can't ignore the fact that we only saw Sleeping Keyholes, although I wouldn't discount the possibility that Nomura and team have simply decided that that's what all Keyholes will look like now. Have we seen regular Keyholes since DDD? I can't remember...

Aquova

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas

I read through it yesterday, and they bring up some interesting points, but I'm not sure I'm sold on the whole thing. To be honest, the first third of the document was rather interesting, but then it sort of devolved into Sora/Riku symbolism which didn't seem too relevant? In any case, here are my thoughts.

Basically, they point out a number of 'weird', small events that are never explained. The most interesting of which being:
- Xigbar's cut off line at the end of Olympus
- Riku's sudden haircut, and the similarities that scene has to dropping from DDD
- Kairi's death resembling Xion's, also no heart escapes from her
- DDD-style keyholes and portals
- The watery Darkside with the cryptic gummiphone entry
- Characters in the end scene appearing to stare not at Sora and Kairi, but something else - with the exception of Roxas, Xion, and Namine.
- Other minor things: Sora allegedly using a DDD move to teleport to protect Riku against Aqua, Kairi's costume resembling a Chirithy kinda, using reality shift, etc.

The theory holds weight because KH has already pulled this stunt, in both KHUx and DDD. I wouldn't put it past Nomura to pull something like this, except that it seems unfathomable that they would end a game without revealing it, even for Nomura. A big problem is that while Sora and Riku could've made it to the Sleeping Realm, were they the only ones saved? Did they somehow pull in all of the other Guardians of light? Anybody left outside in the original worldline is dead. Did he specifically save every character in the whole universe, or did some Disney characters get vaporized? This is my biggest problem with the theory, they gave interesting answers for the little discrepancies, but their big picture timeline doesn't seem to hold up.

My thoughts on the other things:
- Xigbar - It was a weird scene certainly, but it could either point towards a greater conspiracy, or simply as foreshadowing for him being Luxu.
- Riku's hair - I like this explanation because it's the only one where Riku's sudden haircut is actually given any explanation at all.
- Kairi's death - I think more so than the other events, this one is actually supposed to be mysterious. Her death and return is very cryptic, she apparently isn't dead because Sora knows how to save her; a thought hes never had for any other character. I hadn't caught the weird Darkside entry, and like how it connects with KH1 symbolism, but it makes little sense that that's her. Also, I went back, and she definitely swallows the paopu fruit, so that whole section is bunk. The Xion connections are interesting, we'll have to see.
- DDD portals and keyholes - I noticed this my first playthrough as well, and chalked it up to 'gameplay stuff'. We do see a DDD portal and keyhole in the real world - when Riku is preparing to dive in and save Sora, and the keyhole at the end when Sora goes to say goodbye to those stupid dream eaters. I don't know about this, I think it might just be how keyholes look going forwards, they were different in KH2 than KH1, so this might just be how they are now.
- Characters staring not at Sora - I think this is just a weird camera angle. Donald and Goofy seem to point off and try to run towards the paopu tree before Mickey stops them. In any case, they see something exciting enough to try and happily go to it - I don't think 'weird shit on horizon' would get that response.
- The link block move and reality shift - If this theory is true, than this would be a clever indication. The link block move would be a nice touch, but Sora seems to give Eraqus' keyblade credit. The reality shift Sora/Riku move could also just be a new gameplay thing.

In the end... I don't know. I got excited reading through the theory, and their explanations for the little things is neat, but it would be such a big twist, I just can't see it happening. I'm curious to read other people's responses.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I read through it yesterday, and they bring up some interesting points, but I'm not sure I'm sold on the whole thing. To be honest, the first third of the document was rather interesting, but then it sort of devolved into Sora/Riku symbolism which didn't seem too relevant? In any case, here are my thoughts.

I don't have time to scroll through a 300 page document right now but can you tell me if they make a big deal out of
Marluxia forcing Sora to go to sleep, the same way Young Xehanort and co. do in DDD?
because in retrospect that's a pretty damning and out of place moment in KH3...

Aquova

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
I don't have time to scroll through a 300 page document right now but can you tell me if they make a big deal out of
Marluxia forcing Sora to go to sleep, the same way Young Xehanort and co. do in DDD?
because in retrospect that's a pretty damning and out of place moment in KH3...

At the very end of the document, they have a list of miscellaneous weird stuff that they didn't really have an answer for. I had kinda forgotten, but characters wake up three different times in the game, with the line "Sora/Riku. Wake up!" being used all three times. It happens when Riku gets his haircut, when Marluxia puts Sora to sleep, and when Sora wakes up on the beach in the Caribbean. According to them:
We can only speculate that these instances are other, added drop points, each time with Sora going further into sleep. With each new layer, the dream effects crank up. For example, the start of POTC, Sora can't breath or speak underwater despite his best efforts. To boot, Donald and Goofy are gasping for air as the ship resurfaces. But after this supposed dive, he can talk, breathe, do whatever he wants underwater no problem.

It doesn't really fit into their theory all too well, which is why it probably got put at the end. There's a few other things they have there, such as Roxas still having two keyblades, Dark Riku seemingly being Riku from KH1 in BH6, but Repliku in the Graveyard, and how the hell did they get Namine's heart (which Nomura confirmed he'll explain in the DLC).

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
At the very end of the document, they have a list of miscellaneous weird stuff that they didn't really have an answer for. I had kinda forgotten, but characters wake up three different times in the game, with the line "Sora/Riku. Wake up!" being used all three times. It happens when Riku gets his haircut, when Marluxia puts Sora to sleep, and when Sora wakes up on the beach in the Caribbean. According to them:

It doesn't really fit into their theory all too well, which is why it probably got put at the end. There's a few other things they have there, such as Roxas still having two keyblades, Dark Riku seemingly being Riku from KH1 in BH6, but Repliku in the Graveyard, and how the hell did they get Namine's heart (which Nomura confirmed he'll explain in the DLC).

Ehhhhhh the more I read the more stretching I feel like it's having to do lmao

The Dark Riku stuff isn't meant to be anything hardy har tricky, you can tell from his personality it's Repliku, Ansem-Riku never behaved that way. That's just a genuine lie from the Norts to the Lights IMO.

Aquova

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
Ehhhhhh the more I read the more stretching I feel like it's having to do lmao

The Dark Riku stuff isn't meant to be anything hardy har tricky, you can tell from his personality it's Repliku, Ansem-Riku never behaved that way. That's just a genuine lie from the Norts to the Lights IMO.

I agree. The theory has some interesting ideas about some odd events, but it takes some stretching to make it fit.

Oct 25, 2017
I agree. The theory has some interesting ideas about some odd events, but it takes some stretching to make it fit.

I think they've stumbled onto some true stuff, but have also kind of warped things around based on their own desires. But I think it's a good jumping off point for some other theories, because there is some really odd stuff that this theory brings up.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Uuuuuuuh, UX has completely lost me after that update.
I though the games took place jn the Dream World, hence the Chirithy. Okay I know, Ven's appeared in the real world at the end of KH3, but still. UX being a data world makes no fucking sense, especially considering Malificent and how she was trapped.

They're in an alternate dreaming data world. They've said that more than once.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Just one big perpetual holodeck.
And now that it's corrupted, you know what that means.

l-C3-E7io6u-Xzsn-Asj-TPvh-NVJlx4.gif

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Prior to the Keyblade War Daybreak Town was real and apparently all that there was, the worlds were constructs of data based on their future versions created by the MoM to facilitate the gathering of lux. Ephemera said it himself, even though it seems they're gathering lux in other worlds it's actually all coming from DT, which he found suspicious.

After the KW the Dandelions migrated to another version of Daybreak Town created from data and had their memories of the KW erased. It's "in the Unchained Realm" as Ava put it though KH3 termed it differently. It's still unclear if they're really in the Sleeping Realm or just some other reality. If they were really in the Sleeping Realm wouldn't they be inundated with Spirits and Nightmares? Chirithy were created and exist from outside the realm and so far only one Nightmare has shown up (and that was in the real DT too).

Player and the Dandelions are basically running around in the Matrix while the Union Leaders play the part of Administrators of that world. But are they all sleeping or awake?

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
DEAR GOD.
WHAT A MASSIVE FUCKING TEASE.

I set aside my whole evening to finally try Kingdom Hearts VR...

And what I got was two cutscenes in first person.
There's a hand that closes when I pull the trigger on my move controller. And a keyblade that I don't actually wield.

Now I don't know how to even express my frustration. I loved seeing Donald, goofy, kairi, and riku in full scale. And I can't rightfully complain about free content...

The worst part is that if it were just a bunch of first person cutscenes and a wave survival with a keyblade and some heartless in a dive to the heart, I would have been incredibly happy. But that??? That was just... mean.

But I would give my left nut for a PROPER Kingdom Hearts VR game. Seriously, I wouldn't be able to give all of my bank account details fast enough.

I just needed to make an Internet rant. I know it didn't warrant a full LTTP so I posted here. Please someone at least tell me that they share my pain :'(

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
DEAR GOD.
WHAT A MASSIVE FUCKING TEASE.

I set aside my whole evening to finally try Kingdom Hearts VR...

And what I got was two cutscenes in first person.
There's a hand that closes when I pull the trigger on my move controller. And a keyblade that I don't actually wield.

Now I don't know how to even express my frustration. I loved seeing Donald, goofy, kairi, and riku in full scale. And I can't rightfully complain about free content...

The worst part is that if it were just a bunch of first person cutscenes and a wave survival with a keyblade and some heartless in a dive to the heart, I would have been incredibly happy. But that??? That was just... mean.

But I would give my left nut for a PROPER Kingdom Hearts VR game. Seriously, I wouldn't be able to give all of my bank account details fast enough.

I just needed to make an Internet rant. I know it didn't warrant a full LTTP so I posted here. Please someone at least tell me that they share my pain :'(
It's absolutely dreadful. There's a patch coming later that will add in more content, but I have no idea if it includes the things from the first trailer, namely the Dive to the Heart and the Heartless battles. All we know is we are getting a 358/2 Days scene in Twilight Town.

tr00per

Nov 4, 2017
It's absolutely dreadful. There's a patch coming later that will add in more content, but I have no idea if it includes the things from the first trailer, namely the Dive to the Heart and the Heartless battles. All we know is we are getting a 358/2 Days scene in Twilight Town.

Yeah I figured that from the teaser at the end and the main menu option but squandering the potential for a Kingdom Hearts VR game is a depressing thought. Especially with the switch to unreal engine.

I saw a video of recreated KH levels in VRChat. Even that is enough to get me excited.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the Platinum in Kingdom Hearts 2.5 via Story So Far. Took about 60+ hours. It was much easier to do the Critical post-game fights due to past experience doing them all in the PS3 version. Playing at a higher frame rate than the PS3 version was a nice plus.

After getting the Platinum in Kingdom Hearts 3, it didn't feel right to not do so in 2.5 with my much preferred combat system, so I decided to make that a project while I wait for new games to play.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017

I've reloaded the store but KH remains in the Add-Ons section. Usually when that area glitches, it shows a different page of the store but exiting out of the page usually resets it. I've done that and closed and re-opened the store but it won't go away.

I wonder if it's the pre-order DLC, something else, or just an honest to gosh error hmmmm

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I've reloaded the store but KH remains in the Add-Ons section. Usually when that area glitches, it shows a different page of the store but exiting out of the page usually resets it. I've done that and closed and re-opened the store but it won't go away.

I wonder if it's the pre-order DLC, something else, or just an honest to gosh error hmmmm

The KH Twitter mentioned something about GDC so I'm assuming it's prep for that

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So, finally gotten to the point where I'm done with KH3 today. I cleared the
battle challenges (all 14), the flan challenges, the optional Gummi Ship boss
and I really enjoyed the optional boss in challenge 14. He's easier than many of the previous games optional bosses but still posed a decent enough challenge. Had some decent attacks but wasn't annoying. So definitely better than several of the BBS fights then for sure!

I have issues with 3 - aside from the games plot at the end, I really didn't like the pacing in places (constantly breaking up action for little cutscenes, that should fuck right off during the boss rush at the end) and the combat itself was a bit too mindless mainly down to the incredibly easy difficulty for 90% of the game, even on Proud difficulty. I also really miss the QTE prompts from KH2, plus the combat in 2 just felt like it had more depth.

That said, I still really enjoyed it. The game looks incredibly beautiful, has a nice different array of worlds to explore, I liked the Keyblade transformations and of course the soundtrack was amazing as per usual. I still probably enjoyed 2 and BBS more on the whole, but this is probably my 3rd favourite after those two. And with DLC hopefully to come in 3, I'm holding out for at least one further difficulty and bosses to challenge me more.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
So I got the collection of KH3 keyblade weilder AI aggression and woof does it explain a lot in terms of usefulness.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not expecting anything out of GDC aside from that tech showcase.

The Yasue statements naturally happened because the press could do interviews what with him being out of Japan for GDC.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I sit here and I state my case.

Dark World is far and away the single greatest world in all of Kingdom Hearts.

Visually
Thematically
Design Wise
And content

It is second to none

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So, still waiting for the Soundtrack release so i don't have to listen to 144 kbps youtube rips.

Seriously, where is it?

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
So, still waiting for the Soundtrack release so i don't have to listen to 144 kbps youtube rips.

Seriously, where is it?
I concur. I'm guessing they're making a few collections and as well I'm guessing they're trying to delay it to release closer to the start of the World of Tres tour.

Can anyone point me in the direction of any good YouTubers which do videos on KHUX cutscene updates? I caught up with it all up until early January and I thought one of the people who's videos I watched said there was an update due in January just before KH3's release but I can't find their channel.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
It's as Synohan says, it being a Reverse Keyblade could be significant. So far, every wielder in the age of fairy tales besides the Foretellers with their unique keyblades have been shown with Starlight (powered up or otherwise) or other neutral/upright keyblades. Ventus is the first to be shown wielding a reverse key. Maybe it doesn't mean anything. But consider this: for Players to get their hands on one, they have to complete a number of Proud mode missions. The Missing Ache itself is almost fully evolved too, only missing the glowing when it reaches level +35.

So they give the meek, 'I-don't-like-to-fight' Union Leader that keyblade? HM, I say.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Currently replaying Re:Chain of Memories and I'm about to get thr Lionheart keyblade. Should I go for a card value of 9 or a card value of 0?

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Currently replaying Re:Chain of Memories and I'm about to get thr Lionheart keyblade. Should I go for a card value of 9 or a card value of 0?
0 cards are the most expensive CP-wise because they can break anything and are thus reserved for whipping out quickly whenever a boss decides to abuse sleights against you, thus you should stick to the cheapest of the 0 cards (Kingdom key) when slotting them at the end of your deck. Any other keyblade inflates the CP cost even more so avoid them if possible.

Go with the 9 or other high-value number if you actually want to use the card to attack.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
0 cards are the most expensive CP-wise because they can break anything and are thus reserved for whipping out quickly whenever a boss decides to abuse sleights against you, thus you should stick to the cheapest of the 0 cards (Kingdom key) when slotting them at the end of your deck. Any other keyblade inflates the CP cost even more so avoid them if possible.

Go with the 9 or other high-value number if you actually want to use the card to attack.
That makes so much sense actually! I luckily got a 9 card for Lionheart but I didn't think of using standard Kingdom Keys with a 0 card value.

I knew that using a 0 card at the right time against a boss really helps so I just put any 0 card I had into my deck. Thank you for the advice on that! I'm trying to finish this game ASAP lol.

Now I just need to be lucky enough to get a cure card that's above 7.