• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Interviews said it would take hours but these are pretty short videos. Clicking through they seem to cover the broad strokes of the story.

I like how Coded isn't even there.

I'm under the impression that the contents in these videos were chosen because they directly tie in with KH3. Details that aren't, such as all of KH2 (those questions seem to have been mostly dealt with in other games), were omitted because players don't need to know them for 3.

Which also means Xion is highly relevant! Take that, Xion haters.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Best world design in KH is in 0.2

Best gameplay is 2FM

But 0.2 is pretty close

And since 3 is just 0.2 but more. It'll be hard for it not to be the best.

They'd need at least 50 pre update Demon Tides for me to not put it in the top 2 by default.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I'm under the impression that the contents in these videos were chosen because they directly tie in with KH3. Details that aren't, such as all of KH2 (those questions seem to have been mostly dealt with in other games), were omitted because players don't need to know them for 3.
I know, it's just amusing because it just drives home the point that Coded really doesn't matter.
Which also means Xion is highly relevant!
Just as she should be. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much time is spent on Days in these recaps. It gets a video to itself, and the majority of Riku video is also all about it as well. It's nice to see Days in front and center like this.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
watched all except Darkness since I am in middle of playing DDD. Pretty nice videos but I feel some of them are way too short. Like Departure and Memories should have been twice it's length minimum. Twilight was pretty nice. Not a huge fan of Chirithy narrating it either but it's not a big deal.

Oct 25, 2017
Kh fans going mom and pop stores, GameStop, Walmart etc on January 28th 11:59pm
tumblr_pafmhvBgMD1rnodz0o2_500.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Just because I don't follow the pack don't hate me baby!
DDD top 3
ventus the best out of the trio
flowmotion top3 mechanic in the series
Roxas deserves it f*** xion(no cussing we Disney)

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The problem is that the only KH game with level design and fun exploration would be KH1 for me. The rest of the main games followed a template set by KH2. Even then KH1's levels aren't great but they rewarded exploration and felt less like the hallways and arenas of KH2 onward.

That said KH3's level design, focus on verticality, rewarding exploration and different gameplay quirks (Goofy Curling, Robots, Boats) has me incredibly excited. The series is finally moving beyond running through battle arenas. If the combat is going to take a hit I think that's more than fine since literally everything else is making a gargantuan leap forward. That, and I find the combat to in KH3 to look damn good anyway.
KHII is the only KH with as little exploration as it has. Days, BBS, DDD and even Recoded had way more verticality and some secret nooks & crannies requiring platforming and going out of the main path than KHII. Nothing quite reaching the obscure maze like designs that KH1 levels had, but nowhere near as flat as KHII. And the fact is KHII was so straightforward partly because KH1's mazes were frustrating to many people and the dev team thought people don't care for that kind of exploration when they read so much criticism of it.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Aqua is the best of her Trio. (Terra's dumb and does dumb things. Ventus is whatever until the end where it goes complete 180 and there's barely any easing into that 180)
Axel was the best of his trio until BBS but now its Roxas (The further Axel moves from CoM, the less cool and interesting a person he becomes. BBS is the threshold breaker)
Riku is the best of his trio (Kari is just a big lol outside of KH2 and Sora's been on a sliding scale of character degradation since KH2)

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like roles were reversed between Deep Dive and the KH2 depiction of those same scenes. They were meant to be 4 different "people" but Roxas was used for two of them. The one that appears on the beach wasn't originally meant to be Roxas, his legwear don't match the dual-wielding one (sneakers) that fights Riku in the dark city.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like roles were reversed between Deep Dive and the KH2 depiction of those same scenes. They were meant to be 4 different "people" but Roxas was used for two of them. The one that appears on the beach wasn't originally meant to be Roxas, his legwear don't match the dual-wielding one (sneakers) that fights Riku in the dark city.

The beach scene still has Xemnas saying "He looks just like you," before cutting to a shot of Sora flying through the air. I can't imagine anyone that character could be besides Roxas. Especially since while Another Side, Another Story was just a bunch of conceptual ideas, Deep Dive was made after Nomura's plans for KH2 were a lot more solid.

andrewan47

Dec 2, 2017
So don't know if anyone's brought this up but I'm pretty sure what Aquanort is going to do once she's free from the world of Darkness. She's going to return to Castle Oblivion so that Xehanort can possess a comatose Ventus. That means all three characters from BbS are going to be Norted in KH3. :c

Oct 25, 2017
So don't know if anyone's brought this up but I'm pretty sure what Aquanort is going to do once she's free from the world of Darkness. She's going to return to Castle Oblivion so that Xehanort can possess a comatose Ventus. That means all three characters from BbS are going to be Norted in KH3. :c
We talked about this possibility and I don't want it in the slightest. All 3 is too much

andrewan47

Dec 2, 2017
We talked about this possibility and I don't want it in the slightest. All 3 is too much

I know, just Aqua alone is already too much. It still hurts watching that trailer.
But maybe Ventus will awaken when Aquanort goes there, and hopefully save her since what she said how Ventus was the one that kept her going in the World of Darkness.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017

I'm running with the theory that Vanitas is possessing Ven's body. The fact that he's still using a mask seems a bit of an odd choice to me, considering we already know what he looks like. It would make more sense if it was used for another reveal.

Oct 25, 2017
Xion is useless.
Anyway when roxas returns I wonder what his new keyblade will look like. Since everybody getting new keyblades or I guess so far it's just the "masters"

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
she's barely used it
might as well

Riku got to use his in DDD
so nothing wrong with him getting an upgrade I guess

andrewan47

Dec 2, 2017
I'm running with the theory that Vanitas is possessing Ven's body. The fact that he's still using a mask seems a bit of an odd choice to me, considering we already know what he looks like. It would make more sense if it was used for another reveal.

Xehanort seems more interested in possessing everyone rather than retrying what he already did BbS.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
well, he's possessing everyone to retry what he already did in BbS... but, you know, bigger

he thought a 1-on-1 battle would do, but he needed a fucking war

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
By the way did they ever explain why Vanitas looks like Sora?
Did I miss it in BbS?
at the beginning of BbS Ven's heart linked with sora's to heal the damage that the separation that created Vanitas caused, a collateral effect was that Vanitas, that didn't had a "face" before that, became similar to Sora.
why he had Osment voice before that shall remain a mistery

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

andrewan47

Dec 2, 2017
at the beginning of BbS Ven's heart linked with sora's to heal the damage that the separation that created Vanitas caused, a collateral effect was that Vanitas, that didn't had a "face" before that, became similar to Sora.
why he had Osment voice before that shall remain a mistery

Ok I remember that.
I didn't know he was basically a shadow before the link with Sora. That's why I was like how did he get his face since Vanitas was created before they made their connection.

Thanks for the clarification.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Does Square usually show stuff off at Gamescom, or are we waiting until TGS now? I know we literally just had E3, but what they showed got me really excited. I can't wait to see more.
It can go either way but looking at the past and what I'd imagine is the best way for their promotion would be TGS->PGW->JF/PSX->Release. They still have some finishing up to do if they can't for example show BH6 yet so might as well wait for that extra month until TGS before giving new, supposedly more polished footage. At PGW they also have the chance to appear at Sony stage if they hold an event this year.

Oct 25, 2017
We're definitely going to see the game again before TGS. I don't see any possibility that they go three months without putting something out now that we're basically in the final stretch.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Aqua is the best of her Trio. (Terra's dumb and does dumb things. Ventus is whatever until the end where it goes complete 180 and there's barely any easing into that 180)
Axel was the best of his trio until BBS but now its Roxas (The further Axel moves from CoM, the less cool and interesting a person he becomes. BBS is the threshold breaker)
Riku is the best of his trio (Kari is just a big lol outside of KH2 and Sora's been on a sliding scale of character degradation since KH2)
Ventus is the highlight of BBS. Terra is one of the worst things in the series. Aqua...is fine, if bland as hell (to be fair, she does get a little better towards the end and in 0.2).

Roxas is the second worst thing in the series, right after Terra. Axel is one of the very few KH characters who actually has a personality, which makes him one of the best characters. Xion is genuinely great and interesting in the 358/2 Days manga; her game counterpart is completely forgettable (ha!) aside from her theme.

Riku is probably the best written character in the series. Kairi is whatever. Sora is great in KH1, kinda meh in CoM, KH2 is where I sour on him, and he's intolerable in DDD.