• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
I suddenly want a "Honey, I Shrunk The Kids" world.

Maybe just to see Sora and co fail to save Anty.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I think just naming KH says absolutely nothing to these people in many cases except when mentioning an actual reprisal of a character he has done multiple times so he might be in it.
While true, he did reply to someone tweeting the trailer at him. If he actually gave it a watch then it is justified that he knew what it was. While it's also kept a secret during recording, the cutscenes are played in front of the voice actors so if he was able to connect the work he did with the questions being asked then his responses still leave me confused.

Kimkira really could have phrased it better with a more direct question.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
1ea7f020c203c285e24d6da273d7b441.jpeg

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think mickey isn't going to be a guardian, mostly because Disney probably don't want him anywhere near a war of any kind, but also because he isn't a very interesting character.
It would be better if someone like Roxas or Terra took his place. They also have more personal reasons to join the fight.

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
Since Sora is pretty intent on reviving Roxas I am pretty sure that he is going to be a guardian. And after seeing the official recaps and the importance they gave Xion maybe she is going to be too.

That would give us Sora, Riku, Kairi, Roxas, Axel, Xion, and the seventh one would probably be Mickey or even Terra just as a final bamboozle to the community from Nomura.

Oct 25, 2017
Since Sora is pretty intent on reviving Roxas I am pretty sure that he is going to be a guardian. And after seeing the official recaps and the importance they gave Xion maybe she is going to be too.

That would give us Sora, Riku, Kairi, Roxas, Axel, Xion, and the seventh one would probably be Mickey or even Terra just as a final bamboozle to the community from Nomura.
The light side gets swept only two recent masters, two novices, one ok at best(love you tho roxas), and....Xion(enough said here). The seventh better be yen sid himself with that roster

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure either Roxas or Xion is going to be a Seeker and the other a guardian.
Having them fight each other (plus axel) is an easy way to create some great drama.

Also, either ventus or Terra is going to be a guardian, who wants to save the other 2.
Currently Terra is far more likely.

OP
OP
malyse

malyse

Community Resetter
Terra being a seeker is thematically less interesting than Ventus as a seeker. He's already lost to Darkness, so redeeming he is more interesting. And since Aqua is
1. Lost to Darkness
2. The only way to get Ventus
Ventus as a seeker is more sensible.

Alright, I'm making a "Everything we know about Kingdom Hearts 3" thread.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how Namine is going to tie in to all of this. There was that conversation between her and Terra at one of the concerts, so maybe she'll be the one that finds him?
Pretty sure either Roxas or Xion is going to be a Seeker and the other a guardian.
Having them fight each other (plus axel) is an easy way to create some great drama.
This. There's no chance that the three of them are going to properly reunite before the end of the game.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
on one hand there is a new "vector to the heavens" version, on the other hand we alredy got "evil xion" at the end of days...

maybe Xemnas did in fact placed a fragment of Xehanort heart inside her in the cutscene before the final battle.

Talax

Oct 27, 2017
So I have a question for people more knowledgeable about the story.
In DDD Master Xehanort said that all his past selves including Xemnas and ASOD will now return to their respective timeline. And they faded. So they shouldn't have been able to come back (at least Xemnas, Young Xehanort and ASOD). So why are they in Kingdom Hearts 3?

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
So I have a question for people more knowledgeable about the story.
In DDD Master Xehanort said that all his past selves including Xemnas and ASOD will now return to their respective timeline. And they faded. So they shouldn't have been able to come back (at least Xemnas, Young Xehanort and ASOD). So why are they in Kingdom Hearts 3?

They can time travel as many times as they want. They ran out of time for that trip, but nothing's stopping them from trying again.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else call it the "ex-blade"? I know it's pronounced "key" or "Kai" but I think X Blade sounds cooler .
Nothing was more hilarious/cringey than listening to Leonard Nimoy shout "KEYBLADE!" in the middle of a speech about keyblades and the only way you'd know for sure he meant the χ-blade was by seeing it written in the subtitles.
Going with they "key" instead of the "kai" pronunciation was foolish. Not avoiding the whole confusion in the first place by finding a different name was even more so.

Talax

Oct 27, 2017
They can time travel as many times as they want. They ran out of time for that trip, but nothing's stopping them from trying again.
So let me get this straight.

1. ASOD had power to travel back in time so he goes to YMX and passes him the power.
2. YMX travels through time to bring together all his selves to one moment.
3. They fail on the first attempt but now they can all travel freely through time (I'm assuming YMX alone is not the one with this power now?) so Xemnas and ASOD keep popping up in KH3?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
This is probably the most interesting thing that could happen to Aqua. She could even have an arc after KH 3 with Terra about dealing with the consequences of their behavior + bodysnatching.

Boo to this.

It's especially egregious cause this puts onus on Aqua for what's essentially her getting screwed seven ways to sunday. Terra has no parity with that.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still sour about the Aqua reveal. That is some major spoiler, and Nomura treats it like it is nothing... Either he is out of touch, either there is much more to it.

Pretty much everyone agree that she got norted against her will because her heart was weakened after so many years in the realm of Darkness:

What if she willingly joined Xehanort? Or what if she discovered something that pushed her over the edge? She could also try to pull a double-agent scheme. Her heart is full of light after all (although maybe too much, as she followed Eraqus' teachings too closely, and her master was... a bit extreme in his beliefs).
I just can't accept her being norted, after all she has been through. I'm grasping at straws here.
Aqua doesn't deserve such a fate: she has lost everything. Her mentor, her friends, her will to live and now herself. There was a glimpse of hope at the end of 0.2, she had her resolve renewed, she was back in the game, I was expecting her to save other like a well-timed cavalry... I can't accept that she is suffering that fate. I just can't.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still sour about the Aqua reveal. That is some major spoiler, and Nomura treats it like it is nothing... Either he is out of touch, either there is much more to it.

Pretty much everyone agree that she got norted against her will because her heart was weakened after so many years in the realm of Darkness:

What if she willingly joined Xehanort? Or what if she discovered something that pushed her over the edge? She could also try to pull a double-agent scheme. Her heart is full of light after all (although maybe too much, as she followed Eraqus' teachings too closely, and her master was... a bit extreme in his beliefs).
I just can't accept her being norted, after all she has been through. I'm grasping at straws here.
Aqua doesn't deserve such a fate: she has lost everything. Her mentor, her friends, her will to live and now herself. There was a glimpse of hope at the end of 0.2, she had her resolve renewed, she was back in the game, I was expecting her to save other like a well-timed cavalry... I can't accept that she is suffering that fate. I just can't.

He keeps acting like it isn't a big deal implying that there are plenty of other major reveals.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017

Another scene in one of the trailers shows Riku and Mickey coming back to the Mysterious Tower, and in that scene, Sora is still in his KH2 clothes. The Aqua reveal is probably really early in the game.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xehanort/Xemnas probably used the Chambers of Repose(see below) to manipulated Aqua into joining them.
It would also explain the seen in 0.2 where Terranort is talking to Aqua.
From Secret KH2FM cutscenes:
To_the_Hidden_Stage_01_KHIIFM.png
Room_of_Sleep_Aqua%27s_Armor.png

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
all TAV members deserve what they'll get, cause they are super dumb.
Ventus is pretty dumb, but I feel people bash on Terra too much. He was just trying to be more open minded and it bit him in the rear.

Aqua didn't really do much dumb either. She was just trying to baby Ven and Terra which is a task in itself.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I know the answer to this is probably really obvious, but I've seen a bunch of people try to claim the opposite of what I'd assume, so I want to double check. In the last six months of development of a Kingdom Hearts game, the plans to what would happen and be in every cutscene would be completely set in stone, right?

andrewan47

Dec 2, 2017
I know the answer to this is probably really obvious, but I've seen a bunch of people try to claim the opposite of what I'd assume, so I want to double check. In the last six months of development of a Kingdom Hearts game, the plans to what would happen and be in every cutscene would be completely set in stone, right?

Yes by this time all the cutscenes and story beats would be done.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The main story beats and framework for the plot itself for sure, but even recently Nomura said the Secret Episode was not complete, so the cutscenes themselves don't sound as if they're all 100% finished. But the content that will be in them should be set in stone by now for sure. Especially if the game was prepared to release Nov/Dec but was delayed for a worldwide release.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Well big hero 6 cutscenes not done yet so there's that

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I was certain Frozen would be in the game, so no surprise there.

Now, the big question is: Star Wars or no Star Wars? Considering Lucas Films was acquired by Disney in 2012, and Frozen released in 2013... It seems likely to me that Star Wars will be included (IV - V - VI trilogy era, at least), probably as the last Disney world or for the climax of one's story (Terra's?). Heck, it even has a princess too (hello Leia).