• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, the second Riku fight is still a total bitch to beat. I literally had it down to where I only needed to hit him one more time to win and he took me out. Thank fuck for the metal chocobo keyblade and the ability to skip cutscenes. I STILL get bored watching that cutscene all these years later cause of how many times I had to watch it back on the PS2. Managed to beat him after about four tries but I think I reignited some childhood PTSD.

McNagah

Oct 25, 2017
So now I'm about 2 worlds into DDD and I'm surprised that the game fixed a lot of things I feel like BBS did wrong for me. I absolutely enjoy using spirits for gaining your own abilities versus the combination that BBS gave you. I also enjoy that it feels like Sora and Riku can combo with their command decks more smoothly.

If the game keeps on going at its pace so far I can see it being placed at #2 best KH game for me in the series. I kind of want to see how the new Organization XIII plays out first before I can fully judge the story.

Oct 25, 2017
So now I'm about 2 worlds into DDD and I'm surprised that the game fixed a lot of things I feel like BBS did wrong for me. I absolutely enjoy using spirits for gaining your own abilities versus the combination that BBS gave you. I also enjoy that it feels like Sora and Riku can combo with their command decks more smoothly.

If the game keeps on going at its pace so far I can see it being placed at #2 best KH game for me in the series. I kind of want to see how the new Organization XIII plays out first before I can fully judge the story.
tumblr_inline_msvdweXMQO1qz4rgp.gif

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Has there been or will there be a community playthrough of the Kingdom Hearts series before 3 is released? I have the collection on PS4 and been sitting on it for a while. Would be fun to play through the games along with other members.

Takatomon

Oct 25, 2017
Whats the best order on which character to play in BBS ?
The order Nomura recommended is Terra > Ventus > Aqua.
Aqua's story ends in the epilogue after you beat all 3 stories so it should be the last one for sure. You can swap Ven and Terra if you want.
I personally dislike Terra's playstyle so I do his first to get it out of the way.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Adding another question to the BBS pile. Can I unlock the secret episode by only doing Aqua's route on critical? This is all a little confusing cause I saw someone say that they did Terra and Ventus on a lower difficultly and then did Aqua and the unlockable stuff on critical.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whats the best order on which character to play in BBS ?
Terra > Ventus > Aqua is always the order I do.
The order Nomura recommended is Terra > Ventus > Aqua.
Aqua's story ends in the epilogue after you beat all 3 stories so it should be the last one for sure. You can swap Ven and Terra if you want.
I personally dislike Terra's playstyle so I do his first to get it out of the way.
Same for me lol.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm almost finished with KH. I kinda want to take on the extra bosses, which I wasn't planning on doing, but I made the mistake of going with the staff so I can't get the second chance ability until level 90. I seriously doubt I'm good enough to take them on in proud mode without having second chance as a crutch. I was also getting the urge to synthesize the Ultima Keyblade since it's my favorite version of the design, buuut then I remembered what a pain in the ass they made synthesizing in the final mix version with the new heartless and I changed my mind. I already did that once on the PS3 and I have zero desire to suffer through low chance item drops and gimmicky heartless again.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm almost finished with KH. I kinda want to take on the extra bosses, which I wasn't planning on doing, but I made the mistake of going with the staff so I can't get the second chance ability until level 90. I seriously doubt I'm good enough to take them on in proud mode without having second chance as a crutch. I was also getting the urge to synthesize the Ultima Keyblade since it's my favorite version of the design, buuut then I remembered what a pain in the ass they made synthesizing in the final mix version with the new heartless and I changed my mind. I already did that once on the PS3 and I have zero desire to suffer through low chance item drops and gimmicky heartless again.
Well Kurt should be easy for ya at least. He's probably one of the easiest super bosses in the series imo of course
Especially if you can't tink off before he blocks ya magic

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I think going for the staff is a smart choice before fighting the super bosses. You take down the Ice Titan (just need to guard and dodge basically) and get the Diamond Dust Keyblade, which gives you even more magic which is necessary for the Phantom at the clock tower.

If you can fight the Rock Titan over and over again, it is a quick way to level up. I always do it to get to level 100.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well Kurt should be easy for ya at least. He's probably one of the easiest super bosses in the series imo of course
Especially if you can't tink off before he blocks ya magic

Well, I did beat all the extra bosses on proud on the PS3 awhile ago, but I also made sure to have a build I wanted for my last proud mode run. This time I winged it without considering anything since I was only planning on playing through the story. I might give it a go after doing a little level grinding, but if getting through them is too much of a problem I'll just move on to COM.

And oh boy that 'Is Kingdom Hearts worth it for the story?' thread. People reeaaallly hate the KH storyline, don't they? I love it exactly because its a complete mess with all of the best anime insanity. You're never going to a game with such a crazy story that still somehow makes sense if you actually bother to follow along. Hell, it fits given that we're dealing with a Disney and Final Fantasy crossover, which is crazy in itself. And, no it's not as convoluted as its made out to be. It feels like this became a meme so now everyone has to talk like KH is literally the most difficult plotline to understand ever. The truth just seems to be that people tend to skip a bunch of games and then act like the story is impossible to follow because they missed a ton of stuff. They don't even have an excuse anymore because almost everything is on one platform now.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
The thing that bothers me is how some people seem like they can't bear to play a Kingdom Hearts game unless it has a Roman numeral in the title. Most games in the series play pretty similarly, so I don't get this weird aversion to the rest of the franchise.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to get Sephiroth down to his last two bars of heath before I made a mistake and got wiped out, that sin harvest moon spamming bastard. (Yes, I know that's not what it's called but that's what it sounds like LOL). Leaf Bracer is indeed stupidly helpful for this battle. I was using Strike Raid to avoid that one attack he uses where he becomes invulnerable and slashes at you several times. That's actually what got me. I lost my invulnerability just as he was doing the last part of the attack and it one shoted me. Should I be doing something else for that attack?

But seriously though. Sin harvest moon is still the most nerve wracking thing ever.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I actually managed to beat him. Feeling super accomplished right now. LOL

Now I'm just going to give The Unknown a go and then beat the game.

Also this video is tripping me out.

Edit: I have seen the light. RIP sin harvest moon.

Boy does he have an unfitting voice in the first game though. Thank goodness they recast him.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Was watching this video that showed Kh3 from 2013 to now.
Most interesting thing was keyblade transformation especially the guns. In 2014 they were basically how they are now with sora flailing about and shooting. ThanIn 2015 they got changed, they were apart of his combo finishers and they make you go into first person mode for the first stage. Now 2017 they're back to how they were in 2014. I wonder if the playtests showed it wasn't fun to do it the 2015 way

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Was watching this video that showed Kh3 from 2013 to now.
Most interesting thing was keyblade transformation especially the guns. In 2014 they were basically how they are now with sora flailing about and shooting. ThanIn 2015 they got changed, they were apart of his combo finishers and they make you go into first person mode for the first stage. Now 2017 they're back to how they were in 2014. I wonder if the playtests showed it wasn't fun to do it the 2015 way
It's possible that the TPS view mode from 2015 is still in the game as one of the options. But they have been testing various persepctives and maybe they felts the TPS view didn't suit the combat of KH3. I mean the mad teacup attraction follow was in first person view in the beginning but they changed it because people felt sick spinning around in first person view lol.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
What if Vanitas was revived with Ven's empty body, and he doesn't even look like Sora anymore. I think there's at least a 50% chance of that being the case. I know a lot of fans would be really annoyed, but it feels like the kind of thing Nomura would do.

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
What if Vanitas was revived with Ven's empty body, and he doesn't even look like Sora anymore. I think there's at least a 50% chance of that being the case. I know a lot of fans would be really annoyed, but it feels like the kind of thing Nomura would do.

True I can see that. I'm guessing it's between Sora face, Ventus body, or I wouldn't be surprised if it's some version of Xehanort under there. I can also see it being Ven's body, if Nomura goes that way, since Vanitas body was deteriorating at the end of Ventus story, so he has to do something to stay stable

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I usually find fan-made content and jokes to not be that entertaining or funny, but this actually got me to laugh

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
Someone by the name of Peter De Vroom has created a 20 min EP for Kingdom Hearts with piano covers of character themes. The themes that he covered are Sora, Kairi, Roxas, and Riku. It's really nice and sorta relaxing to the ears

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So finally finished Birth By Sleep. Did it on standard so I didn't unlock anything besides the standard ending. Is Blank Points the only secret ending or is there another one? I'm going to YT the secret endings tomorrow.

And then sit down and check out the Re:Coded cut-scenes.

CatDoggo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The use of Simple And Clean during the end credits of KH is still just so

jsecL20.jpg

Well, I'm almost finished with COM. It's very much a case where I loved it growing up but nowadays I just kinda find it tedious to get through.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I have failed you guys. I have failed you.

So, I'm kind of nearing the end of my KH2.5 playthrough on Critical Mode. The game was a bitch the first few hours. I swear I lost way more times during the first 10 hours of gameplay than during the rest of the game.

Everything good. Defeated the final boss and the Absent Silhouettes, crafted Ultima Weapon and leveled up to 99. I found all of the puzzle pieces and I'm just missing one chest. I also did the Mushroom challenges and hell, even defeated Lingering Will for the first time in my life.

I got excited. I could feel the Platinum trophy within my grasp... But then, the Organization XIII Data battles happened. I just can't. After like 2 hours of trying different data fights, I only managed to defeat Vexen and Larxene. Every other boss just defeats me within a couple of minutes. I don't have it in me to keep going anymore, which feels awful, because I really wanted to unlock the secret ending.

I have failed you.

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
I have failed you guys. I have failed you.

So, I'm kind of nearing the end of my KH2.5 playthrough on Critical Mode. The game was a bitch the first few hours. I swear I lost way more times during the first 10 hours of gameplay than during the rest of the game.

Everything good. Defeated the final boss and the Absent Silhouettes, crafted Ultima Weapon and leveled up to 99. I found all of the puzzle pieces and I'm just missing one chest. I also did the Mushroom challenges and hell, even defeated Lingering Will for the first time in my life.

I got excited. I could feel the Platinum trophy within my grasp... But then, the Organization XIII Data battles happened. I just can't. After like 2 hours of trying different data fights, I only managed to defeat Vexen and Larxene. Every other boss just defeats me within a couple of minutes. I don't have it in me to keep going anymore, which feels awful, because I really wanted to unlock the secret ending.

I have failed you.

I don't think anyone would blame you -- they're 13 vastly different and difficult fights that you need to learn. It might make sense to take a bit of a break and come back to them.

I'd recommend taking them one at a time; focus on learning one and you'll see yourself making more progress. You could also take breaks between them more easily this way.

Also, Ultima Weapon is generally not the best choice for these fights. You usually want Decisive Pumpkin for its Combo Boost ability, which makes it deal more damage than Ultima Weapon.

It's worth noting as well that Larxene is one of the more challenging fights, in my opinion, and you've beaten Lingering Will, so you're definitely capable of beating all of the Organization. I'd recommend trying out Lexaeus or Marluxia as easier starting points.

Finally, Bizkit's guide to the fights is very helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M_lcWqm8HE.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I don't think anyone would blame you -- they're 13 vastly different and difficult fights that you need to learn. It might make sense to take a bit of a break and come back to them.

I'd recommend taking them one at a time; focus on learning one and you'll see yourself making more progress. You could also take breaks between them more easily this way.

Also, Ultima Weapon is generally not the best choice for these fights. You usually want Decisive Pumpkin for its Combo Boost ability, which makes it deal more damage than Ultima Weapon.

It's worth noting as well that Larxene is one of the more challenging fights, in my opinion, and you've beaten Lingering Will, so you're definitely capable of beating all of the Organization. I'd recommend trying out Lexaeus or Marluxia as easier starting points.

Finally, Bizkit's guide to the fights is very helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M_lcWqm8HE.

Thank you for these tips! It's funny Larxene is one of the most difficult fights, because I took her down on my first try. I must have been incredibly lucky.

I watched the first fight in the video you posted and that guy clearly knows everything. Gonna try and follow his advice. One data fight at a time.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Started Dream Drop Distance HD tonight. Hit with like 10 different tutorials. Holy shit is there a lot going on in this game.