• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
are you talking about the CG model from the trailer, or actual in-engine model? Because in-engine model looks much older than CG one imo.
DfmFsQmXUAEpsFl.jpg

Phew! I kept wondering why they made her look so baby but this is way better than the CG model.

...still preferred her with long hair tho.

We all agree Riku in 3 looks absolutely superb tho right

Yes, Riku has never looked better. It's indisputable fact. If Kairi and Riku got a 2 for 1 deal at the barber then her short hair was more than worth the price.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much all the new redesigns are great. I just wish more characters were getting them. *looks at Lea*

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Am I the only one that finds Kairi's model in KH3 underwhelming? I feel like she was de-aged and made more cartoony.

I will admit that she does look like she's younger than she did in KH2. I still like her design though

I really like Kairi's KH3 design, but yeah, it does make her seem younger that her KH2 counterpart. I feel like the KH3 outfits for Sora/Riku/Kairi would have been more appropriate for KH2. Meanwhile, the KH2 outfits feel more appropriate for KH3, as they are a lot more streamlined and simplified, and feel comparatively more mature.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I really like Kairi's KH3 design, but yeah, it does make her seem younger that her KH2 counterpart. I feel like the KH3 outfits for Sora/Riku/Kairi would have been more appropriate for KH2. Meanwhile, the KH2 outfits feel more appropriate for KH3, as they are a lot more streamlined and simplified, and feel comparatively more mature.
really? I personally don't think KH2 outfit feels more simplified or mature, especially Riku's.

Personally I think KH3 default outfits are all great, and Riku/Kairi's outfit is much better than the KH2 ones. KH3 Sora outfit is great too but KH2 outfit was also great.

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
It's not a Kingdom Hearts reference. They sell Sea Salt ice cream at Tokyo Disneyland and that's why it's in Kingdom Hearts. Nomura tasted it and liked it so he put it in KH2.

Yea I jumped the gun in the Ducktales thread, because I forgot that sea salt ice cream is actual thing in Japan lol When I heard them say Sea Salt Ice cream, I said "What?!"

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else find themselves going back to 0.2 a lot? I find it pretty enjoyable to just run through the game in a couple hours. The combat is my favorite after KH2, and the Phantom Aqua fight is quite fun. It's exciting that we're getting a full game of this soon.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else find themselves going back to 0.2 a lot? I find it pretty enjoyable to just run through the game in a couple hours. The combat is my favorite after KH2, and the Phantom Aqua fight is quite fun. It's exciting that we're getting a full game of this soon.
I do. It gives me more joy and satisfaction than jumping into any other game. I have 4-5 save files (and some play throughs I didn't even save), with nearly 14 hours on my Level 99 Critical play through. Based on how much enjoyment I got out of 0.2, KH3 is going to be a game I think I can just constantly jump into and play over and over again, just like KH2 back in 2006/7.

you mean because of the pirates?

rketkc.gif
Bless be Blizzard. Just got through that world yesterday on Critical Level 1. Had Barbossa trapped in an endless cycle of blizzard and he went down without hitting anyone (one ether and one wisdom form use later).

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
it's quite easy to get back because of it's short structure. I do enjoy it and go back time, although after KH2 Aqua's movement and base combo feels a bit slow. But it's still quite fun and magic is best in the series.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I go back to it every now and then. It's very enjoyable and not too long either!

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
you mean because of the pirates?

rketkc.gif

Ah, I didn't think of trying that. I did remember you could use Chicken Little at least, so that helped slightly. Barbossa wasn't too bad: it took me either two or three goes. The first time I got him down to the point where I just needed to end a combo with a finisher, after stunlocking the first phase with Wisdom form, the second time I got destroyed instantly, then I got it no problem the third time.

Does critical ease up at any point on this (speaking of normal critical, I'll save level 1 for another day)? I'm about level 26 now at Halloween Town- I've not done Agrabah yet- and pretty much everything is still killing me in two hits. BBS Aqua Critical was probably the hardest I've played, and the difficulty of that just dropped after the green rabbit assholes in Radiant Garden, but the hardest difficulty on the other games were more of a case of actually challenging, not Ninja Gaiden lol.

Edit: I'm fine with the difficulty as is, I'm just curious.

Also, can I keep Jack Skellington in my party permanently please game? He's actually useful.

Xarius

Oct 28, 2017
Ah, I didn't think of trying that. I did remember you could use Chicken Little at least, so that helped slightly. Barbossa wasn't too bad: it took me either two or three goes. The first time I got him down to the point where I just needed to end a combo with a finisher, after stunlocking the first phase with Wisdom form, the second time I got destroyed instantly, then I got it no problem the third time.

Does critical ease up at any point on this (speaking of normal critical, I'll save level 1 for another day)? I'm about level 26 now at Halloween Town- I've not done Agrabah yet- and pretty much everything is still killing me in two hits. BBS Aqua Critical was probably the hardest I've played, and the difficulty of that just dropped after the green rabbit assholes in Radiant Garden, but the hardest difficulty on the other games were more of a case of actually challenging, not Ninja Gaiden lol.

Edit: I'm fine with the difficulty as is, I'm just curious.

Also, can I keep Jack Skellington in my party permanently please game? He's actually useful.

Hmm, I wouldn't really say that it gets any easier unless you grind. The end of the game is probably the hardest part, with all of the Organization fights.

Bless be Blizzard. Just got through that world yesterday on Critical Level 1. Had Barbossa trapped in an endless cycle of blizzard and he went down without hitting anyone (one ether and one wisdom form use later).

It's crazy how good Blizzard is in that world. I used the same strategy against Barbossa; was probably the easiest boss of the run.

it's quite easy to get back because of it's short structure. I do enjoy it and go back time, although after KH2 Aqua's movement and base combo feels a bit slow. But it's still quite fun and magic is best in the series.

Yeah, KH2 is still the best for sure. I go back to it occasionally to fight some of the super-bosses (just wish you could re-fight Sephiroth...).

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, I wouldn't really say that it gets any easier unless you grind. The end of the game is probably the hardest part, with all of the Organization fights.

Right, OK.
I don't want to grind too much, except to level up drive forms. I do know the good grind spots of it comes to it though, at least.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
CoM's story is solid. Riku's character arc is especially great. Too bad it's kinda cheapened when later games made him go through the exact same arc over and over and over.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Dream, Drop, Distance platium is done

thank god the plat didn't make me get all the in game trophies or i might have killed myself

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
It suffers in comparison, but it was fine at the time. And it still holds up better than most KH games.

The game itself is great, and I know it picks up towards the end, but it's a mix of the first visit of the world nutshelling the Disney plot to something comically short (I want to see the KH2 cut of Curse of the Black Pearl, where it starts off with Jack and Will setting off on the Interceptor, cuts to Barbossa on the ship with Elizabeth, then Will steals the locket back, Barbossa and Jack fight, and then Jack goes off on the Black Pearl, roll credits), and the world's feeling more like a conveyor belt, which kills the pacing for me.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm near the end of Dream Drop Distance with Riku.

Any tips for
Ansem's 2nd form?

I just keep getting absolutely clobbered by this guy. Haven't had nearly this much trouble with any other fight. AND he has like nearly 10 health bars. Its nuts.

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
So I finally did it. I uninstalled KHuX from my phone. I got bored of the game and the grinding for a small amount of jewels and the slow updates killed it for me. Made sure I backed up my saved data just in case I come back, but I doubt I will.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Have they already announced anything regarding the collectors edition for KH3?
Assuming you live in North America:

9fe6cadbebf248fd0703be237243b04c_310_KR.jpg

a62c2f75bc65bc12e2d756ef2b606abd_1920_KR.jpg

Square Enix Store Exclusive - currently on waiting list only

KH3DLX_GSTSPoster_bonusLG.jpg

Available at Gamestop - Deluxe Edition is on sale pretty much everywhere but any bonuses varies by region. North America and Canada get the fabric poster, a lot of European countries are getting Monsters Inc Yo-Yo's, and Australia has a light up shadow keyring.

Verdanth

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Portugal

Verdanth

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
Square Enix Store Europe may have the Bring Arts bundle, I'm not sure it just redirects me to Square Enix Australia which only sells digital PC codes.

But the regular Deluxe Edition is absolutely a thing. Most locations in Europe will be getting a Yo-Yo.

The SE European website has a highlight of the Bring Arts edition on the homepage, but when clicked gives a 404 error.

I searched manually and the website only lists Xbox version of that one.

Hope its not already sold out... Didn't knew they had already revealed this in June :(

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
^ I always give Sora everything except for AP Boosts, which I sometimes give to D & G when Sora already has enough.

Have we had any indication yet that armor and accessory slots are still a thing for KHIII? Every other game not titled KH1 or KH2 used alternate systems as a way of providing defense and magic resistance foregoing equippable armor entirely.