• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Tangled is so good, though!

Heck, all of the movies represented in the game are real good. But Tangled is one of my favorites.
Every time the conversation happens at work, I always push that Tangled is a better film than Frozen. Because it is. And Mandy Moore is a delight and she makes for an exceptional Rapunzel.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I remember how KH2 made my favorite Disney movie ever (Lion King) and made it a world that is so annoying to play lol.
At least Lion Sora looked cute I guess.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Every time the conversation happens at work, I always push that Tangled is a better film than Frozen. Because it is. And Mandy Moore is a delight and she makes for an exceptional Rapunzel.
I'm definitely on Team Tangled, but I don't like pitting the two since I love both. I have a Rapunzel avatar here, and my phone wallpapers are currently Elsa (lock screen) and Anna (home screen). Heh.

By the way, since I've noticed you like Tangled and Big Hero 6 and have mentioned that you watch the shows, have you checked out the threads for the two shows here?

Oh I remember how KH2 made my favorite Disney movie ever (Lion King) and made it a world that is so annoying to play lol.
At least Lion Sora looked cute I guess.
Do7YNXmUUAABeye.jpg:orig

Do7ZrnTVsAEmZL8.jpg:orig

Do7Zt_eU8AAC63A.jpg:orig

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Almost done replaying RE: COM, finishing up Riku's story.

Man, I had forgotten how ruthless he is. Can't wait to play as him in DDD.

I feel like I should watch Frozen too in preparation but its just one of those things that have been so deeply ingrained in me as an annoyance already through my niece's obsession with it and it's songs that I don't know if I can.

I know thats not fair to it but if I have to hear Let it Go one more time..

Last edited:

McNagah

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a few people in this thread hasn't watched Tangled, including me. I am kind of curious of what I'd think of it because I thought that Princess and the Frog was better than Frozen, and I'm curious if Tangled is a better movie than that or not.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like a few people in this thread hasn't watched Tangled, including me. I am kind of curious of what I'd think of it because I thought that Princess and the Frog was better than Frozen, and I'm curious if Tangled is a better movie than that or not.
I remember a lot of parents liking Tangled.

Don't remember hearing much to that effect with Frozen.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
guys help me out im losing my damn mind
word has it that princess and the frog might actually be in kh3????
idk if i can make it out alive if this turns out to be true

McNagah

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they'll have it in but it'll be probably a really fun festival world like Halloween Town that I definitely want it to be in the game.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017

The story behind this is that some asshole on Twitter has been tweeting at voice actors from Princess and the Frog, Aladdin, etc., telling them that the film has been confirmed for KH3 and trying to trick them into giving a confirmation. Anika Noni Rose (Tiana) and Jen Cody (Charlotte) have fallen victim to this ploy by liking this person's tweets.

They might have been confused and just liked the tweet without really looking, or PatF is actually in KH3. Take it with a grain of salt.

Zimmiwood

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
The story behind this is that some asshole on Twitter has been tweeting at voice actors from Princess and the Frog, Aladdin, etc., telling them that the film has been confirmed for KH3 and trying to trick them into giving a confirmation. Anika Noni Rose (Tiana) and Jen Cody (Charlotte) have fallen victim to this ploy by liking this person's tweets.
aw wtf...pretty scum of the person to do that ): thanks for the info

They might have been confused and just liked the tweet without really looking, or PatF is actually in KH3. Take it with a grain of salt.
lmao its too late, my brain's not coming down from this high. oh well

Kingsora

May 19, 2018

One voice actor really did reply though on the tweet "It was fun play in the Bayou again. Hopefully there will be more."

Why would she answer that if she isn't present in Kingdom Hearts 3? Or she was really confused of course

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
One voice actor really did reply though on the tweet "It was fun play in the Bayou again. Hopefully there will be more."

Why would she answer that if she isn't present in Kingdom Hearts 3? Or she was really confused of course

That was Jen Cody. She walked it back later, saying she doesn't know what "Kingdom of Hearts" is.

I really dislike what this baiter is doing but I'd love PatF to be in KH3 too and I'm trying to not get my hopes up so I can be pleasantly surprised if it's true :(

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Heres to hoping Kairi is playable for abit throughout the game, put some respect on that Disney princess name with that badass keyblade.

I like Riku a lot but he's had two games now. If we got to choose, I say let her have it. She could use the development.

Debating with myself whether to start KH2FM in proud or critical mode. Everybody raves about critical but trying to get through my replay of the series before III gets here and I don't how far back the difficulty of that would set me or how smooth it would be. I want a challenge though because I remember standard difficulty being a joke. Never even found out there was a cool bit where you can play as Mickey until after I beat it back in the day.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I'm installing 1.5 + 2.5 right now. Time to get this party started! Pretty excited, as I've never played a FM before.

Quick questions: How much harder is the new KH1 highest difficulty? It wouldn't add an outrages amount of extra playtime, would it? Also, what was the weapon combo to avoid, at the beginning of the game (pick one, discard one)?

Ace-0

Oct 27, 2017
I'm installing 1.5 + 2.5 right now. Time to get this party started! Pretty excited, as I've never played a FM before.

Quick questions: How much harder is the new KH1 highest difficulty? It wouldn't add an outrages amount of extra playtime, would it? Also, what was the weapon combo to avoid, at the beginning of the game (pick one, discard one)?
Choose the shield and discard the sword. This gets you the best stats possible.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
It would be cool to have a party of Sora, Donald, Goofy, Riku, and Kairi.

Also I want Aqua to be party member of Sora for certain parts.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017

Just don't ditch magic. Losing a single point of defense or strength isn't that big of a deal, but magic is way more important. Picking the rod at the start makes you the strongest overall, but the shield is better for the early game. I wouldn't bother picking the sword.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
thinking about it, KH3 will be the first KH game to have visual works CG cutscene outside of opening/ending. I wonder how many they will have.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Thanks for the replies. Looked at some older threads as well, and I'm going with the shield and ditching the sword (because I'm afraid, lol).

Just watched the intro... it's been a long time. The game looks so clean on PS4 Pro.

*Omg! The soundtrack is remixed! Completely forgot. =)

Last edited:
OP
OP
malyse

malyse

Community Resetter
I wonder if MX can nort a princess of heart...?
No darkness to exploit.
thinking about it, KH3 will be the first KH game to have visual works CG cutscene outside of opening/ending. I wonder how many they will have.
Citation needed. What doesn't look like in game footage?

Also, shout out to kellyykao for nailing the combat pose:

tumblr_paa962NmI61qb7nn9o1_1280.jpg

http://kellyykao.tumblr.com/post/174864713517/im-in-love-with-kairis-new-look-in-kingdom

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
It is probably a scene that takes place at the start of the game but Xenosaga is right.

The opening is usually the theme song and a visual delight and the end CG is usually a short wrap up. Kairi and Lea's scene doesn't fit in either so it's the first time we are getting a CG scene outside of the opening theme song and the ending cutscene.

OP
OP
malyse

malyse

Community Resetter
It is probably a scene that takes place at the start of the game but Xenosaga is right.

The opening is usually the theme song and a visual delight and the end CG is usually a short wrap up. Kairi and Lea's scene doesn't fit in either so it's the first time we are getting a CG scene outside of the opening theme song and the ending cutscene.
We'll see, I guess.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Nomura really likes to put CG cutscenes in the game, and for KH3 they have been working closely with Visual Works so it wouldn't be a surprise I guess.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when a BBS trailer showed the CG of Terra and Aqua's MOM exam and everyone thought it meant CG cutscenes. Good times.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
oh is that the part of the montage from the opening scene?
Yeah, so when it was shown in a trailer people were like "scenes from the game aren't in the opening movies, it doesn't make sense if it's in there! Therefore big story scenes must be CG". I think the idea of the CG KHII secret ending fuelled that thought as well, since they could take what they made and expand on it if they wanted to, but instead they just remade it with in-game graphics.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, so when it was shown in a trailer people were like "scenes from the game aren't in the opening movies, it doesn't make sense if it's in there! Therefore big story scenes must be CG". I think the idea of the CG KHII secret ending fuelled that thought as well, since they could take what they made and expand on it if they wanted to, but instead they just remade it with in-game graphics.
ah I see. I didn't really follow KH stuff back then other than watching the trailers.
Kairi/Axel thing is obviously not the same case since there is actually dialogue and such.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
The most I could see, and I think I've vocalised this before, is the opening theme song + montage leading into that cutscene, hence it's need to be CG, unlike other games where there's a clear ending point of the opening and when the game begins. I still wouldn't classify the scene as part of the opening though, as I'm very rigid in my belief of the opening being purely the Utada's song.

Now it's just where the Eraqus and Xehanort scene slots in. Will it be like 0.2 where it happens before the theme song or will it happen after Lea and Kairi's scene? Personally I think it will happen before the theme song, showing the clear cut between it as a prologue to the story and setting up some themes for the game and when the proper journey begins.

7th_heaven

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
I hope we will have a CGI battle between 7 light and 13 darkness, maybe like this

I don't know about Kh1 critical but the first time I play Kh1 on proud mode, I finish game with 60 die count lol

Last edited: