• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
So I stumbled upon this twitter post last night

and it really got me thinking...

Outside of the possibility of BUFF KAIRI being canon, is this new kairi render trying to tell us something else?

p4zx5XT.png

nomura pls.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kairi really is a Queen now huh. I wasn't sure at first with that baby face but maybe she's ready after all.

Currently grinding Riku to level 99 for the Chain of Memories plat because I like suffering. I remember how excited I was as a kid to get to play as Riku. I think I actually enjoy him more than Sora in this but he ain't fun enough to justify this slog. Just... a little... further.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Reverse/Rebirth is better because you don't have to manually build a deck. It still isn't good, but it's an improvement. Screw Riku's Wonderland deck though.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Reverse/Rebirth is better because you don't have to manually build a deck. It still isn't good, but it's an improvement. Screw Riku's Wonderland deck though.

Yeah I like not having to mess with the deck stuff. And yes Wonderland is utter bullshit. It's the only world where I was immediately like yeah fuck this and raced to the boss room lol.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Replaying KH2 now on my tour across the series in preparation for III. Roxas got done so damn dirty.

Really hoping he gets a life of his own again by KH3's end. He struggled (and not just with a nerf bat) and experienced tragedy in a far worse way than Sora ever had to, he was thrown away like trash. I liked him a lot more.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Replaying KH2 now on my tour across the series in preparation for III. Roxas got done so damn dirty.

Really hoping he gets a life of his own again by KH3's end. He struggled (and not just with a nerf bat) and experienced tragedy in a far worse way than Sora ever had to, he was thrown away like trash. I liked him a lot more.
I don't get the Roxas hate, it's like kicking a dead dog, even before days was a thing

I still feel bad that i sorta liked his ending in kh2 because that was not ok and he in DDD(and watching mobile coded) gave me a major guilt trip

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gots my CoM plat! To anyone who did 6 playthroughs to get this on PS3 I'm so sorry.

Moving on to KH2 now. It's probably been at least 10 years since I've played it so I'm kinda excited tbh. It's weird to think about how long this series has actually been around. I've never played the FM version so jumping in on Critical mode should be interesting. I hear that your hp apparently gets cut and I'm not happy about that lol. I've also heard some scary things about some Lingering Will secret boss... am I already dead?

Deleted member 49770

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2018

Congrats! You have far more patience than I may ever have. :-P

I've also heard some scary things about some Lingering Will secret boss... am I already dead?

Take it from someone who isn't amazing at video games... You'll struggle at first and he'll feel impossible, but you'll slowly learn the patterns and how to respond to them. Before you know it, taking him down will be second nature. Hell sometimes I'll load up the game just to take a few cracks at him. One of the fairest, best bosses ever imo.

Granted, I've only done it on lvl99 Proud so YMMV. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! You have far more patience than I may ever have. :-P

Take it from someone who isn't amazing at video games... You'll struggle at first and he'll feel impossible, but you'll slowly learn the patterns and how to respond to them. Before you know it, taking him down will be second nature. Hell sometimes I'll load up the game just to take a few cracks at him. One of the fairest, best bosses ever imo.

Granted, I've only done it on lvl99 Proud so YMMV. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks! Well that's good to hear... I think. I'll be sure to come back and rage post if he gives me a lot of trouble. :p

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
In Birth By Sleep.
I'm doing the episode after all the three character saves, is there anything secret or special I have to do to the proper ending?

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Completing the sticker album with all three characters should be the only thing you need to do then.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
36 GB for kingdom hearts 3 is like incredibly small. I really thought they would be pushing the space on the disc.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
So I've beat Kingdom Hearts 1,2,Birth By Sleep and watched black clover,358/2days.

Skipped Chains of Memorries and Re:coded.

Deciding between .2 Birth By Sleep or Dream Drop Distance, but After Birth By Sleep I'm not interested in another portable entry, those levels are so small and bland + the replaying of those bland levels did not help.

I'm wondering if I can play .2 first while I decide on commiting on DDD.

Also, are COM and Codded important?

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
So I've beat Kingdom Hearts 1,2,Birth By Sleep and watched black clover,358/2days.

Skipped Chains of Memorries and Re:coded.

Deciding between .2 Birth By Sleep or Dream Drop Distance, but After Birth By Sleep I'm not interested in another portable entry, those levels are so small and bland + the replaying of those bland levels did not help.

I'm wondering if I can play .2 first while I decide on commiting on DDD.

Also, are COM and Codded important?
DDD is the next portable entry but 0.2 is a three hour Prologue to KH3 built from the ground up in Unreal Engine 4. 0.2 also takes off right from the very end of DDD.

DDD should be played since it's effectively Kingdom Hearts 3 Part 1.

All games are important but if you really wanted you can read the in-game journal entries recapping those games.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the Roxas hate, it's like kicking a dead dog, even before days was a thing

I still feel bad that i sorta liked his ending in kh2 because that was not ok and he in DDD(and watching mobile coded) gave me a major guilt trip
In hindsight Roxas ending in KH 2 is one of the worst thing in the game.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I am clueless about what causes game sizes to go up but does it actually matter if a game is gritty realistic or if it is cartoony? It's all just assets and polygons in the end, do the textures and whatnot really matter?

And on that note, KH3 changes it's looks based on worlds so if that wasn't true hat realistic graphics increases the size then the Pirates world would be the heaviest world in terms of data size aha.

OP
OP
malyse

malyse

Community Resetter
I am clueless about what causes game sizes to go up but does it actually matter if a game is gritty realistic or if it is cartoony? It's all just assets and polygons in the end, do the textures and whatnot really matter?

And on that note, KH3 changes it's looks based on worlds so if that wasn't true hat realistic graphics increases the size then the Pirates world would be the heaviest world in terms of data size aha.
Depends on how much is textures. Considering that they are calling it the "Kingdom Shader", I expect that it's mostly textures in lieu of new models.

Uncompressed audio is usually a file size eater.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
With how little they've talked about the Kingdom Shader as a thing since early in development, I just assumed it got scrapped when development swapped to Unreal Engine 4.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I always assumed the Kingdom Shader thing was something done in literally every videogame ever, adjusting the lightning and art to the engine so every level/location feels cohesive, and that Nomura was just being special about it.

OP
OP
malyse

malyse

Community Resetter
With how little they've talked about the Kingdom Shader as a thing since early in development, I just assumed it got scrapped when development swapped to Unreal Engine 4.
It was a graphical technique. Even if they don't call it that, the visual difference on Pooh, Pirates, and regular worlds shows they still implemented the concept. They probably stopped talking about it because people thought it was an actual engine.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The size means that the ctuscenes are indeed not pre-recorded, they were in 0.2.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
In hindsight Roxas ending in KH 2 is one of the worst thing in the game.
Yep

The character models are very simple, since they are smooth you dont need to worry about complex skin mapping most maps(except the fur in monsters inc.), maps assets seem complex as hell though..

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Not feeling Dream Drop Distance at the moment, does it get much better as time goes on?
Do I miss anything if I watch all the cutscenes on youtube?

sigma722

Oct 26, 2017
Not feeling Dream Drop Distance at the moment, does it get much better as time goes on?
Do I miss anything if I watch all the cutscenes on youtube?

Are you just playing as Terra right now? I know someone started as Ven a page or two back, so if that was you this might not completely apply.

I was legit hating (and hating on the game a page or two back) it, and for some reason when I resumed play yesterday, I was a bit more into it.

Terra is super clunky, as is the lock-on system in the game. Terra I think relies on getting through commands, unlocking the pissed off mode, and then utilizing d-links to heal and whoop.

I don't think I gave the game and its mechanics enough time and so I tried to blow through the story as fast as possible, and that caused some problems. For instance it took me several times to beat Braig, the colloseum, and a shit ton of times to beat the final boss in Terra's story. I was actually going to come here yesterday and bitch about final boss because, eff, it shouldn't be this challenging on standard.

Since I rushed through the game, it means I didn't mess around too much with deck melding, and as such, didn't have abilities like final chance and once more equipped. So some of the final boss combos could kill me if I was half health or below (health probably could have been higher too).

I started Ven last night, and I'm definitely enjoying him more. Will probably spend a little more time with him getting a few of those abilities. Glad to have Terra out of the way though.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you just playing as Terra right now? I know someone started as Ven a page or two back, so if that was you this might not completely apply.

I was legit hating (and hating on the game a page or two back) it, and for some reason when I resumed play yesterday, I was a bit more into it.

Terra is super clunky, as is the lock-on system in the game. Terra I think relies on getting through commands, unlocking the pissed off mode, and then utilizing d-links to heal and whoop.

I don't think I gave the game and its mechanics enough time and so I tried to blow through the story as fast as possible, and that caused some problems. For instance it took me several times to beat Braig, the colloseum, and a shit ton of times to beat the final boss in Terra's story. I was actually going to come here yesterday and bitch about final boss because, eff, it shouldn't be this challenging on standard.

Since I rushed through the game, it means I didn't mess around too much with deck melding, and as such, didn't have abilities like final chance and once more equipped. So some of the final boss combos could kill me if I was half health or below (health probably could have been higher too).

I started Ven last night, and I'm definitely enjoying him more. Will probably spend a little more time with him getting a few of those abilities. Glad to have Terra out of the way though.

He's playing DDD, not BBS.