• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Are you just playing as Terra right now? I know someone started as Ven a page or two back, so if that was you this might not completely apply.

I was legit hating (and hating on the game a page or two back) it, and for some reason when I resumed play yesterday, I was a bit more into it.

Terra is super clunky, as is the lock-on system in the game. Terra I think relies on getting through commands, unlocking the pissed off mode, and then utilizing d-links to heal and whoop.

I don't think I gave the game and its mechanics enough time and so I tried to blow through the story as fast as possible, and that caused some problems. For instance it took me several times to beat Braig, the colloseum, and a shit ton of times to beat the final boss in Terra's story. I was actually going to come here yesterday and bitch about final boss because, eff, it shouldn't be this challenging on standard.

Since I rushed through the game, it means I didn't mess around too much with deck melding, and as such, didn't have abilities like final chance and once more equipped. So some of the final boss combos could kill me if I was half health or below (health probably could have been higher too).

I started Ven last night, and I'm definitely enjoying him more. Will probably spend a little more time with him getting a few of those abilities. Glad to have Terra out of the way though.
That's Birth by Sleep, Jeb is up to Dream Drop Distance :).

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a good point, pretty glad that seems to be the case. I was slightly worried after 0.2 that they would pre-record a lot of cut-scenes in 3 since it would take a lot of space.

Yeah, this is good since it means the cutscenes will feature the currently keyblade and form in them, like in KH II.

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
Yep DDD, just beat BBS yesterday.

I gave it shit for small bland levels and replaying them, but at least the skill fusion system was fun and made the game worthwhile.

I can't say the same for DDD.
It has a lot of systems but non are grabbing me, so after a month of KH, I'm thinking this is the one I'll watch cutscenes on you tube.
Will I miss anything by doing that or should I force myself to play the game for some eventual good part?

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Yep DDD, just beat BBS yesterday.

I gave it shit for small bland levels and replaying them, but at least the skill fusion system was fun and made the game worthwhile.

I can't say the same for DDD.
It has a lot of systems but non are grabbing me, so after a month of KH, I'm thinking this is the one I'll watch cutscenes on you tube.
Will I miss anything by doing that or should I force myself to play the game for some eventual good part?
There are unique elements in each world. The reality shift changes and are very inventive based off the themes of the worlds but honestly I don't think you'll miss much by not actually playing the game. The cutscenes speak for themselves and the gameplay doesn't really compliment that.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Okay wow, I'm nearing the end of DDD and completely lost on the story.

But holy shit I laughed at
everyone turning into Xehanort reveal and that Braig already half Xehanort

What the fuck that part single handedly ruins the villain (which I thought KHBBS/KH2 did a good job in settimg him up).

DDD probably the worst "main" KH game. The command deck system is not as fun as KHBBS. The boss suckass. The pet system who cares. The story sucks (and probably the most confusing one). The only good thing is the exploration aspect.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay wow, I'm nearing the end of DDD and completely lost on the story.

But holy shit I laughed at
everyone turning into Xehanort reveal and that Braig already half Xehanort

What the fuck that part single handedly ruins the villain (which I thought KHBBS/KH2 did a good job in settimg him up).

Sora's reaction is pretty much the player reaction in this part lol

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
There are unique elements in each world. The reality shift changes and are very inventive based off the themes of the worlds but honestly I don't think you'll miss much by not actually playing the game. The cutscenes speak for themselves and the gameplay doesn't really compliment that.
Thanks, I'll continue for a bit more to see if I could get any fun out of it, but I think I might go to a cutscene compilation if I'm still not feeling it.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
both of those things are way better in DDD than in BBS imo.

I dunno I prefer command style and command levelling/melding over the pet system. And I might be missing something but I'm at the final world and all the boss being giant bullet sponge Dream Eater is really dissapointing, none of them gives me trouble like the Keyblade user bosses in BBs.

sigma722

Oct 26, 2017
So a while back I did a factory reset on my phone, and apparently somehow didn't have KHuX linked to my google account (even though... they had to be)?? So I'm restarting that fresh, which is slightly annoying. I think i was probably like 30 chapters in, so not the biggest impact, and I hadn't spent any money or anything like that. To be honest, i still don't know wtf I'm doing in it.

The big problem, which I'm trying to get through the lengthy tutorial section to confirm, is whether I'm going to have to redo all of those mini games again for KH3 keyblade. I'm thinking that will be the case, and also thinking it may not be worth it anymore haha.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
So a while back I did a factory reset on my phone, and apparently somehow didn't have KHuX linked to my google account (even though... they had to be)?? So I'm restarting that fresh, which is slightly annoying. I think i was probably like 30 chapters in, so not the biggest impact, and I hadn't spent any money or anything like that. To be honest, i still don't know wtf I'm doing in it.

The big problem, which I'm trying to get through the lengthy tutorial section to confirm, is whether I'm going to have to redo all of those mini games again for KH3 keyblade. I'm thinking that will be the case, and also thinking it may not be worth it anymore haha.
Unless something has been changed, KHUX connects to Facebook, not Google.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Well uh now that the site is back figured I might as well talk about my KH playthrough some more. I beat Birth by Sleep (yes I got the final episode) and watched the secret ending on YouTube. Though before I get to that I'd like to talk about the last character I played Aqua. I was pretty excited for Aqua's campaign. Couldn't really remember her doing much in the guys campaign so I was hoping she was doing some really cool shit behind the scenes cleaning up messes Ven and Terra made. Came out really disappointed as it wasn't really like that at all. She got a few moments to do things and then just like Ven kinda sat on the side lines the whole story till it was time for the final episode. Shame that in the end Terra was the only character that I felt had a good story sequences. But ah well what can you do.

Now to talk about the story at large boy was I not a fan of this game! two main villains were weak as hell for me. For a guy that is being pumped up in this title as the mastermind behind it all. You barely if ever see Xehanort outside of Terras campaign. The reports that you collect through out the game help give him some characterization. Though I would have done away with them entirely if we could have had him actually interact with everyone in the damn game. For Venitus I thought he was dumb. I won't really defend my view of that as I feel like he might have some fans. But I can not count myself as one of them. I also guess it was cool to see the organization 13 members pop up in this game. Though it felt like pointless fan service as they barely did anything at all. I've got more to complain about but I'll stop here lol. Could fill the whole page with problems that I had with this game. So I'll move onto the secret ending

My only comment on the secret ending was that by the time it was over I just told myself "man Sora is the one we need to defeat Jiren".

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
DDD probably the worst "main" KH game. The command deck system is not as fun as KHBBS.
Pretty much. I really don't know how they managed to strip away nearly everything that made the command deck fun in BBS and Re: Coded:

- Remember when you had incentive to actually use and level up commands you wouldn't normally use because they could more than likely be one half of an ingredient towards a better, probably really fun command? DDD doesn't!
- Remember when deck composition actually meant something because the command styles you activated were dictated by the type of commands you used, meaning you had to actually put a bit of thought into making a balanced deck that gives you good command styles while still being perfectly serviceable attacks on their own? DDD doesn't!
- Remember when commands actually had some degree of interactivity with timed button presses that you could choose to completely disengage with if you found that continuing the attack would leave you in an unfavorable position? DDD doesn't!
- Remember when high tier commands actually had armor properties to them, so that while there was still a risk/reward dynamic to using them because you could still take damage during the animation, it ensured that you could actually still get the entirety of the attack off? DDD doesn't! Have fun getting the living shit slapped out of you by all manners of enemies and bosses before you can even get two hits off from Ars Arcanum or Dark Aura!

I feel like there's a few aspects of DDD where it might be a bit up for debate as to whether or not something was a good idea or not, but the Command Deck implementation is objectively worse than the two preceding games that used it, and that's a shame.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Magnet was OP in BBS and got a much need nerf in DDD as Zero Graviza. That's the one thing with the command deck that's better in DDD. It's immediately offset by Balloon being the most hilariously broken thing in the whole series, but hey, it's something.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Magnet was OP in BBS and got a much need nerf in DDD as Zero Graviza. That's the one thing with the command deck that's better in DDD. It's immediately offset by Balloon being the most hilariously broken thing in the whole series, but hey, it's something.
It's also kinda offset by Zero Graviza + Thundara/ga being even more busted than Magnega + Thundaga in BBS because Zero Graviza pulls in enemies from even farther distances than BBS Magnega did.

I do appreciate DDD buffing a few commands (Blizzard becoming a multi hit spell and Dark Firaga's massive improvement being the standouts), but it really wasn't worth stripping out everything else that made the command deck great.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
The transformation will have something to do with chains, probably. The actual form that Sora takes pretty much has to be Guardian Form. It's right there in the name.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yeah, it pretty much has to have a chains of light motif coupled with Guardian Form. Would be pretty neat if it incorporated some of Eraqus/Armor of Eraqus' attacks into the moveset for it, too.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still really interested to see Sora get keyblade armor. I'm assuming it'd look something like Xion's

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much. I really don't know how they managed to strip away nearly everything that made the command deck fun in BBS and Re: Coded:

- Remember when you had incentive to actually use and level up commands you wouldn't normally use because they could more than likely be one half of an ingredient towards a better, probably really fun command? DDD doesn't!
- Remember when deck composition actually meant something because the command styles you activated were dictated by the type of commands you used, meaning you had to actually put a bit of thought into making a balanced deck that gives you good command styles while still being perfectly serviceable attacks on their own? DDD doesn't!
- Remember when commands actually had some degree of interactivity with timed button presses that you could choose to completely disengage with if you found that continuing the attack would leave you in an unfavorable position? DDD doesn't!
- Remember when high tier commands actually had armor properties to them, so that while there was still a risk/reward dynamic to using them because you could still take damage during the animation, it ensured that you could actually still get the entirety of the attack off? DDD doesn't! Have fun getting the living shit slapped out of you by all manners of enemies and bosses before you can even get two hits off from Ars Arcanum or Dark Aura!

I feel like there's a few aspects of DDD where it might be a bit up for debate as to whether or not something was a good idea or not, but the Command Deck implementation is objectively worse than the two preceding games that used it, and that's a shame.

Ahaha the first and second point probably the biggest reason why I prefer BBS system over DDD. Also I hate tying Command/Ability to Pet system, I feel like I never benefited from unlocking Ability because the Pets constantly gets replaced. At the final World and Sora/Riku started with zero ability because I just unlocked Pets with high-end command.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Started Kingdom Hearts Drop Drop Distance on the ps4 today. Think this is the last full fledged game left for me to play. So I played roughly two hours and just finished both Rikus and Soras story section in Traverse Town.

First of all I loved this section! haven't been there since KH 1 (skipped chain of memories and re:coded so if they appeared there whoops) and boy was it a fun romp through an expanded version of the area. I'm liking the emphasis on movement this game has. Nice wide open areas and that new wall attack stuff has really struck a cord with me. Speaking of stuff that stuck a cord with me that boss fight for Sora on this level was great! I was caught off guard when I found out I could run around the entire area for the fight. Was worried for a bit that it would be like BBS and every fight would take place on a flat plane. Thankfully that does not seem to be the case.

Oh and are there any FF characters in this game? I saw that characters from The World Ends With You got in but I'm curious if they will be the only Square IPs I see in this game.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Started Kingdom Hearts Drop Drop Distance on the ps4 today. Think this is the last full fledged game left for me to play. So I played roughly two hours and just finished both Rikus and Soras story section in Traverse Town.

First of all I loved this section! haven't been there since KH 1 (skipped chain of memories and re:coded so if they appeared there whoops) and boy was it a fun romp through an expanded version of the area. I'm liking the emphasis on movement this game has. Nice wide open areas and that new wall attack stuff has really struck a cord with me. Speaking of stuff that stuck a cord with me that boss fight for Sora on this level was great! I was caught off guard when I found out I could run around the entire area for the fight. Was worried for a bit that it would be like BBS and every fight would take place on a flat plane. Thankfully that does not seem to be the case.

Oh and are there any FF characters in this game? I saw that characters from The World Ends With You got in but I'm curious if they will be the only Square IPs I see in this game.

No FF characters on this one.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
DDD has better bosses (though a handful are still really bad, looking at chill clawbster, riku's hockomonkey, spellican and pete) and better levels than BBS but almost everything else is worse

they crammed way too many half-assed systems into the game. it would have been way better with command styles a la BBS and command melds. flowmotion and pet groping for commands and abilities sucks ass

Last edited:

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Finished DDD, a bit lost on the story, hopefully someone can help me understand it.

- Dis Ney sends Sora and Riku to sleeping world (world that are destroyed by darkness?) to awaken their heart as Keyblade Master exam.

- Apparently Xehanort meddles from the beginning of the exam and Riku ended in Sora dream (as DE) instead of the real sleeping world. I assume Sora still ended in the real sleeping world ?

- The member of Organization XIII are now back to their human form.

- After being thwarted by the BBS trio, Xehanort tries to form chi blade again using 7 heart of light (KH1 event) and 13 heart of darkness (KH2 event, to achieve this he want to make Organization XIII member his clone). But both times thwarted by Sora (I assume Xehanort never watch shonen anime because he said he never see someone like Sora before). So now he summons 13 of himself across time (how about Braig and Isa?) for the darkness requirement. How about the light requirement ? Also why did he need Sora in the first place ? Also at that scene Mickey counted the number of Keyblade wielder, for what exactly ?

- Riku dives into Sora heart once again to wake him up. Upon defeating Ventus armor he is transferred to Simulated Destiny Island where he find Digital copy of Real-Ansem(lmao) who explain thatveing the only person who managed to return to human form without having his Nobody destroyed, Sora have the ability to return all people who have vanished that have connected to his heart (I assume Ventus, Roxas and Xion)

- Riku became Keyblade Master while Sora return to Sleeping Traverse Town. Oh also Lea became Keyblade wielder (thanks Nomura for turning everyone into Keyblade wielder !)

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Finished DDD, a bit lost on the story, hopefully someone can help me understand it.

- Dis Ney sends Sora and Riku to sleeping world (world that are destroyed by darkness?) to awaken their heart as Keyblade Master exam.

- Apparently Xehanort meddles from the beginning of the exam and Riku ended in Sora dream (as DE) instead of the real sleeping world. I assume Sora still ended in the real sleeping world ?

- The member of Organization XIII are now back to their human form.

- After being thwarted by the BBS trio, Xehanort tries to form chi blade again using 7 heart of light (KH1 event) and 13 heart of darkness (KH2 event, to achieve this he want to make Organization XIII member his clone). But both times thwarted by Sora (I assume Xehanort never watch shonen anime because he said he never see someone like Sora before). So now he summons 13 of himself across time (how about Braig and Isa?) for the darkness requirement. How about the light requirement ? Also why did he need Sora in the first place ? Also at that scene Mickey counted the number of Keyblade wielder, for what exactly ?

- Riku dives into Sora heart once again to wake him up. Upon defeating Ventus armor he is transferred to Simulated Destiny Island where he find Digital copy of Real-Ansem(lmao) who explain thatveing the only person who managed to return to human form without having his Nobody destroyed, Sora have the ability to return all people who have vanished that have connected to his heart (I assume Ventus, Roxas and Xion)

- Riku became Keyblade Master while Sora return to Sleeping Traverse Town. Oh also Lea became Keyblade wielder (thanks Nomura for turning everyone into Keyblade wielder !)
They were sent into sleeping worlds as part of their Keyblade Master exam as well as to gain the power to wake up sleeping hearts, which Yensid & Mickey know they would need because they are somewhat aware of the fate of Ventus & needing him to fight against Xehanort.

Yes, Xehanort meddles with the exam from the start as an attempt to mess with Sora mentally (to weaken his resolve & make him more suspectible for being corrupted by darkness) & as a way to lead him to The World That Never Was, to make him one of the 13 darknesses.

Members of the Organization are, indeed, human again post-KHII.

I don't think KH1 & 2 have anything to do with forging the X-Blade. In KH1 Fake Ansem tries to use the 7 hearts of the princesses of heart to gain access to the Final Keyhole & Door to Darkness, which lead to Kingdom Hearts (which has manifested because of all the worlds & their Hearts the Heartless hordes devour). In KH2 Xemnas takes advantage of Sora releasing the hearts consumed by the Heartless he defeats to create an artificial Kingdom Hearts.

He doesn't summon 13 versions of himself. He summons all the different versions of him that exist (Young Xehanort, Fake Ansem and Xemnas + Master Xehanort) and the rest are mostly Organization XIII members (+ Terranort & possibly Aqua) that he infuses a part of himself with. They don't really become Xehanort clones per se. The likes of Marluxia and Xigbar still retain their own bodies & personalities. They are just host to a part of Xehanort as a way to make them pass as one of the 13 darknesses.

He's just covering his bases with Sora. If he could corrupt Sora, he'd already have had 13 darknesses at the end of DDD and wouldn't need to go through the trouble of finding Ven. He sees Sora as fallible, one they can corrupt with darkness & thus control by shaking his beliefs, and as such he's a good candidate to become one of the 13 darknesses + being able to release hearts as a keyblade wielder goes well with their plans. As Anti-form in KHII proves, there is some unresolved darkness within Sora and they think they can take advantage of that. Better to have a strong keyblade wielder like Sora on their side than fighting against them.

Mickey counted keyblade wielders because if Xehanort has Sora, then he'd already have his 13 darknesses while the light side was severely under-represented.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
The game doesn't really go into this, but Nomura clarified that the norted members keep most of their original personalities at first, but they become more and more like the original Xehanort over time.

sigma722

Oct 26, 2017
Don't preloads normally happen a couple days before game release? What are we a couple days from? TGA?!?!?!

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I liked DDD because it had one of the best worlds in the series (Symphony of Sorcery) and the boss rush for Sora and Riku in the last world was intense. Ansem was a hard fight with Riku. I had to go back and grind a bit for that one. Young Xehanort is also probably the hardest final boss in the series. Idk. I enjoyed it.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

According to a person in this link:
xbone games also arent decryptable in general so... no datamining.

As far as i can tell, current PS4 games aren't extractable at all because the most recent updates havent been hacked yet. So there won't be any KH3 datamining for a long long time. Unless there's a PC release somewhere down the line.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
so, i hope this is allowed, but my favorite game sins channel started doing a stream research for KH1, thought it would be funny to send a link here because it's funny seeing the PoV of newcomers to the series, i'll send the link to the start of the stream since idk when he'll ve online again lol

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/343388062

i'll probably send the link once the video is done though, takes about a week or two
pretty sad him doing KH means Resonance of fate won't be made though

Note that this one is not the "official" game sins channel, so usually the takes ain't cringy D:

you can judge me now see ya