• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Story in Kingdom Hearts Union X is better than I thought it would be.

Its not amazing or anything but it keeps my attention enough now that it introduced some actual overarching plot about 300 quests ago in between running around Agrabah or the dwarf lands for the thousandth time.

Seems like it might elaborate on all the "the keyblade could lead to ruin" stuff from the first game since quite a few assholes seem to have their hands on one at this point in the timeline and is suggesting they're all going to turn on each other.

Chirithy is a total bro.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
They were sent into sleeping worlds as part of their Keyblade Master exam as well as to gain the power to wake up sleeping hearts, which Yensid & Mickey know they would need because they are somewhat aware of the fate of Ventus & needing him to fight against Xehanort.

Yes, Xehanort meddles with the exam from the start as an attempt to mess with Sora mentally (to weaken his resolve & make him more suspectible for being corrupted by darkness) & as a way to lead him to The World That Never Was, to make him one of the 13 darknesses.

Members of the Organization are, indeed, human again post-KHII.

I don't think KH1 & 2 have anything to do with forging the X-Blade. In KH1 Fake Ansem tries to use the 7 hearts of the princesses of heart to gain access to the Final Keyhole & Door to Darkness, which lead to Kingdom Hearts (which has manifested because of all the worlds & their Hearts the Heartless hordes devour). In KH2 Xemnas takes advantage of Sora releasing the hearts consumed by the Heartless he defeats to create an artificial Kingdom Hearts.

I was under impression that Ansem kidnapping the princess in KH1 while Xemnas prepares Organization XIII in KH2 are his true objective all along (forging chi blade) while the whole Ventus-Vanitas in KHBBS being a 'mistake' (lost his way for a moment). Basically retconning KH1, KH2 and KHBBS story.

I think I need to rewatch the scene again.

He doesn't summon 13 versions of himself. He summons all the different versions of him that exist (Young Xehanort, Fake Ansem and Xemnas + Master Xehanort) and the rest are mostly Organization XIII members (+ Terranort & possibly Aqua) that he infuses a part of himself with. They don't really become Xehanort clones per se. The likes of Marluxia and Xigbar still retain their own bodies & personalities. They are just host to a part of Xehanort as a way to make them pass as one of the 13 darknesses.
Mickey counted keyblade wielders because if Xehanort has Sora, then he'd already have his 13 darknesses while the light side was severely under-represented.

Ah that clears thing up regarding Xehanort and his "clone" lol.

He's just covering his bases with Sora. If he could corrupt Sora, he'd already have had 13 darknesses at the end of DDD and wouldn't need to go through the trouble of finding Ven. He sees Sora as fallible, one they can corrupt with darkness & thus control by shaking his beliefs, and as such he's a good candidate to become one of the 13 darknesses + being able to release hearts as a keyblade wielder goes well with their plans. As Anti-form in KHII proves, there is some unresolved darkness within Sora and they think they can take advantage of that. Better to have a strong keyblade wielder like Sora on their side than fighting against them.

- With how his plan to corrupt Sora thwarted by Lea/Riku/Micket, does this mean Nort missing one final darkness for his plan ?

- Say that if Nort succeed in corrupting Sora, what happen then ?

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Had more time to delve into DDD tonight so I'll post my thoughts on it.

First finished Traverse Town as well as the Hunch Back of Notre Dam levels and finished Soras part of the Tron world. Enjoyed them but I wish that the game would give more of an attempt to let Riku and Sora explore different parts of the worlds. Instead of 90%-95% the same stuff till the end. Ah well still got the rest of the game to go so maybe I'll get to see that.

Only real complaint about the game right now is the time limit each character has. I know you can ignore it and swap back immediately. But it still throws me off a bit lol.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, no worries so far. Always makes me wonder: why Sony doesn't do the same? I know they give us like a week to preload before release but a few months before release like Xbox would be great.

I think Sony only give us 2 days for pre-load which is a really short time, although two months prior to the game's release is kinda too much imo.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

well it does sound like PS4 is a bit more prone to datamine with preloads so I am glad it's not too early.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who has bad internet and no Xbox i'm sad we have to wait 2 days before release for the PS4 pre-load. It'll take that long just for me to dl it.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A live performance of the opening theme, while totally unlikely, would be awesome. Or just more KH3 footage. I doubt we'll see anything at the TGA (I'd love to be wrong about that) but at least the next trailer isn't too far away if it's a no-show.

TGA would be such a perfect event for a live performance. Such a shame It isn't happening.

Maybe a quick trailer, but nothing big since we're getting a trailer on Dec. 10. Still will get me hyped regardless

I'll watch TGA expecting something about KH III even though it's probably not gonna happen.

Komali

Sep 25, 2018
I can see hardcore KH fans trying to datamine the preload but Data Nomura hid himself in the code to give them a message like

kh3ds-copy.jpg

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
I'll watch TGA expecting something about KH III even though it's probably not gonna happen.

Same here, but there also the other games that might show up on TGA awards that I love to see. KHIII is just the icing on the cake if it's there.

Now Dec. 10 is the day I'm looking forward to. With it being the final trailer, we'll get out final world, and we'll finally have our answer to the FF cameos.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Same here, but there also the other games that might show up on TGA awards that I love to see. KHIII is just the icing on the cake if it's there.

Now Dec. 10 is the day I'm looking forward to. With it being the final trailer, we'll get out final world, and we'll finally have our answer to the FF cameos.

The final trailer is actually just the final trailer of 2018, and it's out on December 18.

December 10 is new footage.

Aquova

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
I downloaded KHUX to do the minigames for the starlight keyblade, but I'm actually rather liking the game. How long until the plot really kicks in though? I'm on mission 150 or so and there really hasn't been anything at all so far.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I downloaded KHUX to do the minigames for the starlight keyblade, but I'm actually rather liking the game. How long until the plot really kicks in though? I'm on mission 150 or so and there really hasn't been anything at all so far.
In the mid 300s I think. Assuming you're skipping the filler it shouldn't take TOO too long to get there.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Playing 2.8 Prologue now. Is it just me or is the performance subpar? It is really jarring coming off 2.5.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So Kingdom Hearts III is gonna be playable at Disney Springs from December 14th to January 31st. I only live a few minutes away, so I'm gonna have to check that out.

Last edited:

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Codes for the Starlight Keyblade will be avaliable today/tomorrow.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
So with 3 out soon I decided to take a look at 1 and 2 again as I haven't played either since a bit after launch on the PS2 for both and never done the FM versions.

It looks like for 1 going Rod, Sword offers the best, but what about the leveling? Does going with slow for early but faster for the later levels end up being the better option?

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
So Kingdom Hearts III is gonna be playable at Disney Springs from December 14th to January 31st. I only live a few minutes away, so I'm gonna have to check that out.

Same. I've been begging for years for Disney World to give Kingdom Hearts the smallest fraction of love. Incredibly excited to see them do this and can't wait to check it out.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017