• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
If this happens I think there's no way they won't market KH III alongside KH VR there. KH VR only exists because of KH III.
"Experience new content" is enough of a marketing tool for Square.

But like, don't over estimate what I'm saying. A black background with the KHVR logo and "available now" is all it deserves really. A 10 minute experience with what looks like awful gameplay isn't worthy of more.

But that is all if Square wants to release it then and there. They could just drop it whenever they wanted.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Experience new content" is enough of a marketing tool for Square.

But like, don't over estimate what I'm saying. A black background with the KHVR logo and "available now" is all it deserves really. A 10 minute experience with what looks like awful gameplay isn't worthy of more.

But that is all if Square wants to release it then and there. They could just drop it whenever they wanted.

Oh right, if it's just something like this then ok.

Btw, will this KH VR works withou the need of VR? Have they said anything about this?

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I suppose it will. But it would be good if it doesn't, it should be a good recap of the series filled with worthless gameplay.
It's a 10 minute experience set to music with a few fights in between. I really don't see this being a good recap.

Developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. and SQUARE ENIX, the "Virtual Reality Projection Mapping" project expands the visual experience and invites fans to fully immerse themselves in a 10-minute interactive video featuring music from the KINGDOM HEARTS franchise. Fans can also unlock new content by simply playing through the KINGDOM HEARTS virtual experience.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
It really just reads like Square Enix Japan wants to try out some more VR stuff with Sony's latest tech, and Kingdom Hearts was the game chosen due to the next game coming out soon.

They call it a VR Experience but it's really just a tech demo.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I mean FFXV did VR stuff with Cidney and finishing I think? It's nice gimmick app that is targeted for PSVR users (since there are quite a few now)

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I mean FFXV did VR stuff with Cidney and finishing I think? It's nice gimmick app that is targeted for PSVR users (since there are quite a few now)
That was with Luminous Engine, yeah. But this is a joint project with Sony so it seems like they were testing out the "Virtual Reality Projection Mapping" technology or whatever it is Sony provided.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
That was with Luminous Engine, yeah. But this is a joint project with Sony so it seems like they were testing out the "Virtual Reality Projection Mapping" technology or whatever it is Sony provided.
make sense considering KH3 is the biggest game coming out for them right now. I am sure FF7R will have some sort of VR stuff as well when it comes out.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they could convert that Universal Studios 4D rise into an on the rails VR shooter like that Until Dawn game.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
They probably need to downgrade it so much to put it on PSVR.
But then again, by that time it will be on PS5 so it might not be too bad. :P

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fought my first absent silhouette in KH2. I guess these are exclusive to FM because I don't remember battling this little shit Zexion before. I get the feeling I was meant to be at a much higher level for this fight lol. That cheap little red light blue light spamming crap he pulled at the end was unpleasant. Pretty satisfying once I was finally able to beat him after like 30+ attempts though. Curious to see how the rest of these will go.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Starlight Codes have been issued. The page just says "Xbox One", "PlayStation 4", and "PlayStation 4 (Europe)" but like I'm in Australia so idk what to select.

7th_heaven

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Fought my first absent silhouette in KH2. I guess these are exclusive to FM because I don't remember battling this little shit Zexion before. I get the feeling I was meant to be at a much higher level for this fight lol. That cheap little red light blue light spamming crap he pulled at the end was unpleasant. Pretty satisfying once I was finally able to beat him after like 30+ attempts though. Curious to see how the rest of these will go.
Good luck with Laxeaus

Oct 25, 2017
japow9xxelp11.jpg

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
About Kingdom Hearts being at The Game Awards. I know Nomura said the next trailer will be on December 10th, but if they were present at The Game Awards they would never announce it, right?

Have you seen any other game announce their presence aside from rumors and the New Far Cry? So saying that the newest trailer would be shown at December 6th wouldn't make any sense. Even if it was present.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
About Kingdom Hearts being at The Game Awards. I know Nomura said the next trailer will be on December 10th, but if they were present at The Game Awards they would never announce it, right?

Have you seen any other game announce their presence aside from rumors and the New Far Cry? So saying that the newest trailer would be shown at December 6th wouldn't make any sense. Even if it was present.
DMC5 was announced to be at TGA.

It would be a shitty move from Nomura if KH3 trailer was at TGA after his tweet. Basically many KH only fans would skip TGA because of Nomura's words and it would basically be a lie from him (regardless of saying things could change).

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't tune into The Game Awards regardless because I'd rather be sleeping (still salty about the Amazon stream and losing two nights worth of sleep on it) but I'd love to wake up and have a FFVIIR trailer, especially since they've rebranded the G-Bike twitter into the FFVIIR twitter.

But alas, we probably won't see anything for it until Magic Monaco in February.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DMC5 was announced to be at TGA.

It would be a shitty move from Nomura if KH3 trailer was at TGA after his tweet. Basically many KH only fans would skip TGA because of Nomura's words and it would basically be a lie from him (regardless of saying things could change).

But does this really makes a difference? KH fans will buy the game regardless and besides it is not like they won't be able to watch it the next day.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Being able to speak with my friends while watching a trailer and seeing the community's thoughts (especially on Twitter where everyone has a break down) is the best part of a trailer.

If one somehow dropped at TGA (despite no statement about it doing so otherwise and information contradicting it being there) and I missed it because I'm asleep, I miss out on those first reactions and I'd feel like speaking to my friends has a sense of "oh you're only just noticing this stuff we saw hours ago? Don't wanna discuss it now."

That example doesn't really happen but it's a fear of mine with not being able to share in an experience with my friends and other fans.

Not knowing when the trailer drops on the 10th and 18th makes me worried about missing it but I'm still so excited regardless. And it's nice to have actual set dates for content for once.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Are these dates for the japanese trailers or for all trailers though? Sometimes there's a delay between these so the "these might change" comments make me think we'll get another "abridged trailer" dropping at an event while the dec 10th one being it's full form

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
The whole reason why Nomura gave out those trailer date is because fans were pissed with the Amazon fiasco. So to hide a particular trailer date would not really make sense.

Are these dates for the japanese trailers or for all trailers though? Sometimes there's a delay between these so the "these might change" comments make me think we'll get another "abridged trailer" dropping at an event while the dec 10th one being it's full form
only the last one is Japanese exclusive. If it was different for the Western one, I don't think the official English twitter would have posted it.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
The tricky thing with the trailers is gonna be timezones. I remember people got really confused last time waiting for the trailer. (and some folks thought it'd release at midnight in Japan)

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Nomura specifically mentioned all the December trailers dates are based on Japanese timezone. And Kingdom Hearts rarely ever put out stuff on midnight so it probably will pop up from 10am onward.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
The English trailers, outside of scheduled events, usually drop at 6am PST, which is 11pm JST so I'd personally be looking out at that time.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sorry for sounding like a broken record but the closer we get to TGA the bigger deal it looks like it will be, so it's completely stupid that Square is skiping the show to instead release new footage of KH III 4 days later.

SMFH

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I'm so sorry for sounding like a broken record but the closer we get to TGA the bigger deal it looks like it will be, so it's completely stupid that Square is skiping the show to instead release new footage of KH III 4 days later.

SMFH
Entirely possible they planned on having a trailer there but just wasn't ready (assuming same might have happened with Amazon). Nomura even said the current dates are estimates since they are still working on them.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Entirely possible they planned on having a trailer there but just wasn't ready (assuming same might have happened with Amazon). Nomura even said the current dates are estimates since they are still working on them.

It's really possible, still a big act of incompetence if this is the case. Square definitely wants to attract new people to the franchise and TGA would be such a perfect place for that. It's going to be televised and stuff. Oh well, at least we are still getting new footage on the 10th.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
It's really possible, still a big act of incompetence if this is the case. Square definitely wants to attract new people to the franchise and TGA would be such a perfect place for that. It's going to be televised and stuff. Oh well, at least we are still getting new footage on the 10th.
I don't think they're televised... It's on Youtube, Twitch, Twitter, Mixr, etc. streaming. I'd also wager the vast majority of people watching are familiar with the game/series and probably not going to be swayed either way by a TGA trailer. I'd like for there to be one but I don't think they're missing some huge opportunity.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they're televised... It's on Youtube, Twitch, Twitter, Mixr, etc. streaming. I'd also wager the vast majority of people watching are familiar with the game/series and probably not going to be swayed either way by a TGA trailer. I'd like for there to be one but I don't think they're missing some huge opportunity.

Oh it's not? I have no Idea why I thought It was then. My bad.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Oh it's not? I have no Idea why I thought It was then. My bad.
Keighley used to host the Video Game Awards (VGAs) on Spike TV. They stopped doing it 5-6 years ago, so he decided to do his own streamed show called The Game Awards. If you weren't paying close attention to the goings on at the time it's an easy mistake to make.