• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
So I heard that TGA is now over? No KH there as expected, but we are only three days away from our next look at the game 🤩🤗

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I heard that TGA is now over? No KH there as expected, but we are only three days away from our next look at the game 🤩🤗

Tbh I'm kinda glad the game wasn't shown at TGA. I don't think the event was that good.

Anyway, it seens Kingdom Hearts III will be the spotlight for the rest of the year though. Exciting times.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Tbh I'm kinda glad the game wasn't shown at TGA. I don't think the event was that good.
I've never found TGA to be good or enjoyable, so I'm glad too. Geoff is amazing and the recognition the awards give to achievements in gaming is great (though I heard this year some winners were announced pre-show and as pop ups during the show which is ???) but it's a massive slog to get through for people who want a new taste of a game. I'm so glad I slept and missed the show, but I'm all hyped for Monday!

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've never found TGA to be good or enjoyable, so I'm glad too. Geoff is amazing and the recognition the awards give to achievements in gaming is great (though I heard this year some winners were announced pre-show and as pop ups during the show which is ???) but it's a massive slog to get through for people who want a new taste of a game. I'm so glad I slept and missed the show, but I'm all hyped for Monday!

I like Geoff too, I'm sure the show will keep improving.

Anyway, do you think Skrillex's recent tweet has anything to do with the new footage from the 10th? Since they're calling it new footage instead of new trailer there is a possibility of this being the opening.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I like Geoff too, I'm sure the show will keep improving.

Anyway, do you think Skrillex's recent tweet has anything to do with the new footage from the 10th? Since they're calling it new footage instead of new trailer there is a possibility of this being the opening.
I don't know. All we know is the English version of the opening and closing themes are available for purchase a week before the game launches. That does not indicate that the opening is being held back until then, or that we won't hear it until then either so it is indeed possible that the opening is coming on the 10th.

I'm excited for whatever they show us on Monday. If it's the opening then fantastic, I am thrilled at the chance to see what they have come up with. DDD's opening perfectly hit every beat from recapping previous games so I'd be interested to know if KH3 tries the same or goes for a more abstract piece of visual art ala KH1 and 2.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know. All we know is the English version of the opening and closing themes are available for purchase a week before the game launches. That does not indicate that the opening is being held back until then, or that we won't hear it until then either so it is indeed possible that the opening is coming on the 10th.

I'm excited for whatever they show us on Monday. If it's the opening then fantastic, I am thrilled at the chance to see what they have come up with. DDD's opening perfectly hit every beat from recapping previous games so I'd be interested to know if KH3 tries the same or goes for a more abstract piece of visual art ala KH1 and 2.

I think it'll be more like KH II's opening but with the events of DDD and maybe KH Union added.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
These last few months I've kinda been hoping that the opening focuses on the villains of the series. Have a CG visual-fest showing important events from their perspective across the games.

Edit: Kingdom Hearts retweeted skrillex. It's happening

Last edited:

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
So yeah that Japanese twitter theory seems more likely now. I would personally want a trailer that includes parts of the opening rather than the full opening cinematic though.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I thought TGA was really good. There wasn't a single moment where it dragged on too long and the announcements were fairly big. Biggest blunder for the show were honestly the leaks.

Also the ads were significantly toned down to acceptable levels.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
The show format and layout was good but in terms of announcements/trailers I wanted personally, it was terrible.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Basically the last day of Utada's concert is on the 9th, so people said it's possible that she could debut Face My Fears on that day during the concert, and on the next day (10th) they release the Opening cinematic, or a trailer that contains Opening cinematic.

Where is gonna happen her last day's concert?

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I think we will have to wait until January for the song to be released. I don't see them dropping the opening now neither. We might start to see some cutscenes used in trailers, though.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I wonder if one of the trailers will be an overview type of trailer detailing the systems. I'd love that.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I think we will have to wait until January for the song to be released. I don't see them dropping the opening now neither. We might start to see some cutscenes used in trailers, though.
In the past we did get opening stuff a month or so before the release so I wouldn't be surprised if we get it again.
I expect at least parts of the opening to be in the Final trailer on the 18th.

I wonder if one of the trailers will be an overview type of trailer detailing the systems. I'd love that.
I don't really think KH has history of doing those sort of things? At least I don't remember.
They did have b-roll clips for combat related stuff at TGS and Lucca event but for whatever reason they didn't post them online which is a shame.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
People doubting Sora getting in Smash Bros after Joker makes me want him even more to see the suprise on peoples faces. Seems like they're all gonna be unexpected reps people probably didn't expect too.

Plus i've personally been hoping for him ever since the Brawl days.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
One week into my KH extravaganza, and I'm about done with KH1. I underestimated my feelings for this game. I mean, I got a PS2 for this title alone. Despite my fond memories, I haven't revisited the game many times, nor did I find interest in playing 1.5 when it came out for PS3. I'd say I waited the right amount of time to give this baby another spin.

I've been obsessed with the game all week long. Come home, play all night style. I've been whistling the Wonderland theme to myself. I've been humming Captain Hook's ship theme and Hollow Bastion's fight theme, here and there. I think I can comfortably say that this is my favorite game in the series. Lighthearted and simple, with serviceable gameplay, and a killer soundtrack. Hope I don't change my mind, again, when I get to KH2.

So, my party is ~LV 70, and I can either beat the game and continue my series playthrough, or hit up the KH1 end game. It'd probably take me another couple of days to beat the Gold and Platinum match, Phantom and Ziza, synth Ultima. I tried the FM secret boss and had no idea what was happening. In the same amount of time, I could probably beat the entirety of CoM. I should really just move on, but I'm having so much fun.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People doubting Sora getting in Smash Bros after Joker makes me want him even more to see the suprise on peoples faces. Seems like they're all gonna be unexpected reps people probably didn't expect too.

Plus i've personally been hoping for him ever since the Brawl days.

After Cloud it's pretty funny people doubting that Sora could be in Smash Bros. He's one of the most famous SE characters.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's because of Cloud being the last rep they got back supposably along with just two FF songs, but I don't see much in that to debunk Sora honestly.

People are more skeptical of Disney rights so him being tricky to get in Smash Bros, but Nomura said back in the Dissidia days something that implied that KH original characters in a fighting game were fine (when Days was the original concept for Dissidia essentially) and it was Disney characters that were a problem, so I think it'd be okay with Sora and some KH original tracks/characters if Nintendo and Square-Enix really wanted to try getting it happening. But yeah in terms of Square-Enix characters i'd say he's definitely one of their most recognisable outside of Final Fantasy, plus KH's had a long history with Nintendo platforms all the way since the GBA.

Just thinking about the reveal trailer ideas they could do with have me all sorts of excited. Imagine a cutscene by Visual Works where Sora gets a letter in a bottle inviting him to Smash Bros.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
But Sora without Donald and Goofy in Smash would be so sad, his other non-disney friends can't measure up. Opening up disney spirits for Smash would be like a whole other level of copyright nonsense so i don't know.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
I am wondering what they mean with 'new footage'? I am not guessing it's gameplay, but it also won't be a trailer then?

---
I also just finished the 3 hour movie of Coded. Wow, that was really boring and not good. Almost three hours of filler that barely adds anything to the Kingdom Hearts universe as a whole. Even that letter actually said nothing special. I know Coded wasn't that important, but it was really, really underwhelming.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't said the exact time the trailer is footage, right?

Edit: Oh damn, didn't see the tweet posted above. Nice.

Last edited:

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
it's weird know exactly what time KH3 trailers are going to come out... and midnight on Japan time for the 10th trailer? lol