• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is Sora actually a clone of himself since Roxas is the original body? Sora's heart became a heartless then that heart reconstructed a body since his Nobody/original body wasn't destroyed by a keyblade?
What I understood is that Kairi was able to bring Sora back with pure power of will and strength of her own heart. Sora is still the original Sora. It's like when someone revives a dead person in fiction, the revived person is not a clone, they are themselves.

Was Sora's body divided between Roxas and Namine?

Not exactly. What happened was that back when Destiny Island was destroyed, Kairi's heart got attached to Sora. When Sora became a Heartless, Roxas was born as Sora's Nobody and Naminé was born as Kairi's Nobody (since Kairi's heart was inside Sora's body at the time), but because of the special condition of Kairi's heart being with Sora, Naminé had the powers to manipulate Sora's memories.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
What I understood is that Kairi was able to bring Sora back with pure power of will and strength of her own heart. Sora is still the original Sora. It's like when someone revives a dead person in fiction, the revived person is not a clone, they are themselves.

Not exactly. What happened was that back when Destiny Island was destroyed, Kairi's heart got attached to Sora. When Sora became a Heartless, Roxas was born as Sora's Nobody and Naminé was born as Kairi's Nobody (since Kairi's heart was inside Sora's body at the time), but because of the special condition of Kairi's heart being with Sora, Naminé had the powers to manipulate Sora's memories.

Right but by definition, Nobodies are made up of the body and soul of a person who lost their heart. Where did all these bodies come from? That's what I meant by "Is Sora a clone of himself?" because it has to be a new body if Roxas simultaneously exists and was created from his body the moment Sora's heart became a heartless. I don't mean clone as in "Ben Reilly was the real Spider-Man all along" I just mean it's a new body that isn't the original but has Sora's entire essence.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right but by definition, Nobodies are made up of the body and soul of a person who lost their heart. Where did all these bodies come from? That's what I meant by "Is Sora a clone of himself?" because it has to be a new body if Roxas simultaneously exists and was created from his body the moment Sora's heart became a heartless. I don't mean clone as in "Ben Reilly was the real Spider-Man all along" I just mean it's a new body that isn't the original but has Sora's entire essence.
giphy.webp

I have no idea then.

I try to not think much about it because Kingdom Hearts in itself has a pretty existential story with darkness/light and heart/body. Putting much thought into these would only make my head hurt, I prefer to simply understand the plot and move on.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Started playing KH2 after finishing CoM and watching 358/2 Days. Can someone explain to me in 358/2 Days why Roxas seems to be the only member of the Organization (with the exception of Xion) that can't remember his past life as Sora? Axel remembers being Lea, and supposedly so does the other members. It can't be because of the Chain of Memories since that started around day 22 IIRC (when Axel went away) and Roxas before then didn't have any memories from Sora, unless I'm missing something.

Another thing that I didn't quite get was that I understood that a Nobody can't coexist with their real counterpart. But, again, why Roxas (and Naminé) able to live while their counterparts are alive, conscious and well?
When a Nobody is formed, ordinarily the mind of the original person is part of what makes up the corresponding Nobody, which is why Axel and Lea are clearly he same guy. However, when Kairi restored Sora to normal, his mind was more or less yanked back from his Nobody, leaving Roxas as an blank slate. This is also why Roxas's personality ends up being totally different than Sora's.

Sora and Roxas coexisting for a time is also because of what Kairi did, so they end up being an exception to the rule. As for Kairi and Naminé, pretty much everything about Naminé is an anomaly. A Princess of Heart shouldn't be able to produce a Nobody at all, because they can't fade into darkness. However, because Kairi's heart was in Sora when he turned into a Heartless, she was created anyway. She's Kairi's Nobody, but the body and soul used to create her came from Sora (and that same body and soul were simultaneously used to create Roxas). The normal rules don't apply to her.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, it seens the KH III trophies got revealed. Definitely not looking it.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When a Nobody is formed, ordinarily the mind of the original person is part of what makes up the corresponding Nobody, which is why Axel and Lea are clearly he same guy. However, when Kairi restored Sora to normal, his mind was more or less yanked back from his Nobody, leaving Roxas as an blank slate. This is also why Roxas's personality ends up being totally different than Sora's.

Sora and Roxas coexisting for a time is also because of what Kairi did, so they end up being an exception to the rule. As for Kairi and Naminé, pretty much everything about Naminé is an anomaly. A Princess of Heart shouldn't be able to produce a Nobody at all, because they can't fade into darkness. However, because Kairi's heart was in Sora when he turned into a Heartless, she was created anyway. She's Kairi's Nobody, but the body and soul used to create her came from Sora (and that same body and soul were simultaneously used to create Roxas). The normal rules don't apply to her.
Oh, that makes much more sense. Thanks for the explanation.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
People everywhere are WAAAAY overexpecting what will happen in the day one patch and are going to be really disappointed when it's just the epilogue and secret ending as promised

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry guys but 0.2's gameplay is meh, it looks pretty though.
It's not, though. It has some pretty inventive exploration & environmental interactions considering the linearity & somewhat small scope, and the combat system is a good tease of how the game proper will be. If you take it as a kind of prologue of KHIII, it's a really great one. Of course it doesn't quite stand up to full games but for what it is, it's a neat first taste of KHIII.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I'm prepared for both of those not being available in the Day 1 patch lol. AFAIK all they said was that they will be available after launch.
I imagine most if not all of that is already on the disc and the day 1 patch just unlocks it. Maybe the secret ending vid could be added in the patch but I dunno if the actual ending would be forced to require a big download.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
0.2 has both very good and very bad stuff in it when it comes to gameplay.

The good:
-Actual puzzles and exploration even in some of the simplest rooms. Little bit of dat KH1 magic creeping back.

-Magic is the best it has ever been. Not perfect, I don't like them cutting MP in like half for Critical Mode for example or that MP charge still doesn't speed up by hitting enemies (nor gaining normal MP) meaning running low on MP basically means not casting any magic until you need a cure and once on MP charge encouraging you to just run away like a headless chicken instead of rewarding aggressive approach too. Regardless of that magic is really fun to use, powerful without being too OP.

-The basic gameplay systems seem to be decently balanced, at least compared to previous Osaka games. Melee, magic, shotlocks, counters, reaction finishers all make a balanced mix without resulting in just one type of approach being way over the others and the most powerful ones do have their own drawbacks.

The bad:
-Game doesn't run good in either PS4 or PS4 Pro. Either you get bad framepacing or the FPS is quite inconsistant. I've played worse but it definitely could be improved for better feel.

-Some of the boss design stuff was garbo, some still is even after patch on the tells. The last boss is very impressive visually but the second phase especially does raise a few questions what the designers were thinking.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Thinking about it though, I think only KH1 and KH2 had epilogue scenes with a "The adventure continues..." vibe to them. BBS and DDD's were just neat little bonus scenes.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I think 0.2 boss are great except the 2nd phase of the last boss. Devil Tower had few issues but the patch fixed it. Phantom Aqua is great boss fight and the last boss is quite a spectacle.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
For whatever reason, I decided to look at the dev history of the Osaka staff, and there's some really neat resumes. For example, I had no idea that Birth by Sleep's battle planner (who also directed Brave Fencer Musashi!) formerly worked at Konami and was largely responsible for the Super Nintendo version of Batman Returns (Which is a surprisingly legit beat 'em up)

Pretty neat reading up on stuff like this.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
There is also Einhander director and staff in Osaka, and they are actually working on gummi ship this time instead of UI design stuff.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
There is also Einhander director and staff in Osaka, and they are actually working on gummi ship this time instead of UI design stuff.
Yeah. I'm pretty sure that Tatsuo Fujii (Einhander's Director) and Keiji Kikuchi (Enemy and Effects Programmer for Einhander) are still there and probably working on said segments. The former's been taking care of menu programming since BBS, and the latter's been a player programmer since BBS as well.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
*Xehanort takes off his hood in DDD revealing himself*

Sora: "Woah...who is that?"

Me:....seriously, Sora?

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At first I thought Sora's younger appearance in DDD just made him seem dumber, but he did somehow feel even more naive and inexperienced than his KH1 self...
Dumbledore Yen Sid should've never let Harry Sora compete in the Triwizard Tournament Mark of Mastery exam. He wasn't ready for Voldemort Xehanort.

Last edited:

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sora's hair clipping the health bar in KH2 is bugging me out so bad lol. It wasn't as bad in KH1.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is it safe to assume that by next week the reviewers will have their copies at hands?

Deleted member 2172

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im organising a 'Kingdom Hearts Day' on Sunday 27th with my friend as preparation for finally experiencing KH3, and one of the things we are going to do is check out famous youtube videos.

Does anyone have suggestions of popular Kingdom Hearts videos that we should check out? They can be informative/analytical/humor/anything really. I have some already listed but looking for more.

We're also going to rewatch all the endings and secret endings, rank the Dearly Beloved's, pick our favourite boss fights/keyblades etc. Just a celebration of a franchise we have loved for 16 years.

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
The fact that we've been led to believe that Naminé is this powerful entity that has insight not available to the rest of the characters infuriates me since she's specifically bad at the stuff she is supposed to excel at.

Sora spends a week inside Castle Oblivion? "lol can't fix this, let's put him into sleep for a whole fucking year since I don't know how to arrange his memories" Xion's presence messes up with Roxas and Sora's memories? She tells the poor girl to kill herself since "the witch who manipulates memories" can't deal with it.
Sorry that I reply to an old post, but I think the reason why Naminé couldn't arrange Sora's memories in a timely manner is because some memories of him (in particular memories about Kairi) were inside Xion. So because Xion existed, his memories were not completed and he couldn't awake.

Naminé mentions that Terra will soon make contact with Aqua. He proceeds to do so in 0.2, which is set before and during KH1. The part where he reconnects with Aqua is set a bit before the ending of KH1, before Sora goes to Castle Oblivion.

Do we know for a fact that this happened before Sora turned into a heartless? Between Namine's birth and the ending of KH1, there is some time that has passed.

Oct 25, 2017
Im organising a 'Kingdom Hearts Day' on Sunday 27th with my friend as preparation for finally experiencing KH3, and one of the things we are going to do is check out famous youtube videos.

Does anyone have suggestions of popular Kingdom Hearts videos that we should check out? They can be informative/analytical/humor/anything really. I have some already listed but looking for more.

We're also going to rewatch all the endings and secret endings, rank the Dearly Beloved's, pick our favourite boss fights/keyblades etc. Just a celebration of a franchise we have loved for 16 years.
Goodby goody/basically this is kingdom hearts. For the funny stuff.
Also stealing this idea all together it's brilliant I'll name you in credits lol

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
The Pirates and Frozen ones are great, but I really don't like the Toy Story Keyblade at all.

Oct 25, 2017
My build looking like Tangled,shooting star and pirates.

I hate that toy story one. The monsters I would only want to use for the yo-yos