• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I am actually happy they kept Kingdom Key as it is. It's quite iconic and I wouldn't want some weird forced transformation design.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Why wouldn't? Pretty sure we will fight Young Xehanort, Larxene, Marluxia, and etc etc.

I had realistic expectations towards that. They weren't going to include 13 different boss battle plus the usual Heartless/Nobody/Unversed ones. I only expected a few of the Org members to actually be battled during the game, I don't know if I'm the pessimistic one.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had realistic expectations towards that. They weren't going to include 13 different boss battle plus the usual Heartless/Nobody/Unversed ones. I only expected a few of the Org members to actually be battled during the game, I don't know if I'm the pessimistic one.

All the games, even the spin off ones have tons of boss battles, way more than 13. When they started planned the boss battles for KH III they probably thought "Okay, we will have the 13 darknesses + whatever we can fill with Heartless, nobodies, etc etc".

Oct 25, 2017
Nope I feel the same. Expecting the main 3 Xehanort,Xemnas and ansem. Maybe two to three others

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I follow the logic of you guys. When was the last time we couldn't fight all of the villains in a Kingdom Hearts game? I guess Xehanort in DDD but that is definitely an special case.

Oct 25, 2017
It's a new era and beyond believing in Osaka and nomura they ain't my problem it's square so I'm keeping my expectations somewhat in check not that big a deal if they all in as bosses than fantastic just better(for me) to have expectations check. Same way I do for ff characters/Secret bosses and post game content

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
It'd be pretty weird to bring back villains from across the series specifically for this game and not have them be fightable.

Like, significantly weirder than every weird design decision in this series to date. I'm not worried.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean every villain seems to be tied to one of the worlds, so it wouldn't be out of the question that, like previously done in KH2, you end up fighting them as the final boss of the world or something.

You know like they did with Xaldin in beast's castle, Demyx in Olympus. But this time, Marluxia in Tangled, Vanitas in monster's inc, etc.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
KH3 Final Mix at this point seems inevitable.

Endgame must be light as hell.

This isn't new. Kingdom Hearts II only had like Sephiroth in its post game. DDD only had Julius.

And I'm pretty sure that BBS had basically no post game also, I mean, besides the Arena but that isn't a post game, it's something you can access anytime.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Music will be pretty good I suppose.
Speaking of which, have they said anything about an OST release yet? I need that Toy Story theme and that (re)orchestrated version of The Deep End in my life.

And I'm pretty sure that BBS had basically no post game also, I mean, besides the Arena but that isn't a post game, it's something you can access anytime.
Mirage Arena not withstanding (Though Iron Imprisoner III and IV are definitely designed to be taken on after beating the game, given their stats) BBS's vanilla release had Vanitas' Lingering Spirit (Who only gave you a Chaos Crystal when beating him) and the ice cream missions, and that's about it, IIRC. Crown Stickers, the Unknown wasn't until the NA/EU release.

I remember back when they announced that the NA/EU version of BBS was getting a new boss, everyone was pessimistic and just assumed they were making the Lea fight in Radiant Garden with Ven playable ala Roxas in 2FM. Good times. Shocked the shit out of everyone when the Unknown showed up in the E3 2010 trailer and it dawned on everyone that we were finally getting one of those cool foreshadow-y optional bosses usually reserved for Final Mix.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mirage Arena not withstanding (Though Iron Imprisoner III and IV are definitely designed to be taken on after beating the game, given their stats) BBS's vanilla release had Vanitas' Lingering Spirit (Who only gave you a Chaos Crystal when beating him) and the ice cream missions, and that's about it, IIRC. Crown Stickers, the Unknown wasn't until the NA/EU release.

I remember back when they announced that the NA/EU version of BBS was getting a new boss, everyone was pessimistic and just assumed they were making the Lea fight in Radiant Garden with Ven playable ala Roxas in 2FM. Good times. Shocked the shit out of everyone when the Unknown showed up in the E3 2010 trailer and it dawned on everyone that we were finally getting one of those cool foreshadow-y optional bosses usually reserved for Final Mix.

And it turned out top be such a shitty fight in the end lol It was nice as a foreshadowing to DDD though.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'll never forget buying BBS' NA release and enjoying all of the new content (I had imported the JP release when it came out, so the NA release was practically a Final Mix for me) only for an actual Final Mix to be announced literally a week after with a bunch of new stuff on top of the NA additions. (Which I still bought, because it's KH, dammit)

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when you popped in dat KH1 and it featured 4 late game optional bosses not counting Hades Cup ones?

Those were the days I say.

I only remember Phantom, Kurt Siza (not present in the original japanese version I believe) and Sephiroth. What was the forth one? Ice titan? Isn't that one Final Mix boss?

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
I feel if Sora fights all of them then it kinda defeats the point of having 7 guardians of light. Unless we are able to play as different characters then I doubt we will fight all the seekers of darkness in this game.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
One optional fight I've been wanting since KH2 is a Data Sora (no, not the one from Coded) optional boss. Imagine fighting a Sora that cycles between drive forms until he pops Final Form as a last resort and starts flinging his keyblades at you telekinetically and shit. It'd be wild.

I only remember Phantom, Kurt Siza (not present in the original japanese version I believe) and Sephiroth. What was the forth one? Ice titan? Isn't that one Final Mix boss?
It was Phantom, Ice Titan, Sephiroth and Kurt Zisa. Of those, Ice Titan, Sephiroth and Kurt Zisa were added to the NA/EU release of KH1. Japan didn't get them until KH1FM. (FM also gave you new keyblades for beating Ice Titan and Sephiroth, too)

IIRC, they had wanted to put Sephiroth in the original Japanese release but by the time the JP version went gold, they literally only had his character model done.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel if Sora fights all of them then it kinda defeats the point of having 7 guardians of light. Unless we are able to play as different characters then I doubt we will fight all the seekers of darkness in this game.

This makes no sense. It's not about killing them, I mean, they have to still be alive at the endgame. Just battles.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Sora shouldn't face every Org 13 member.

But he should fight the most.

My big want though is that each Light at the least gets a Dedicated boss fight,

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One optional fight I've been wanting since KH2 is a Data Sora (no, not the one from Coded) optional boss. Imagine fighting a Sora that cycles between drive forms until he pops Final Form as a last resort and starts flinging his keyblades at you telekinetically and shit. It's be wild.

It was Phantom, Ice Titan, Sephiroth and Kurt Zisa. Of those, Ice Titan, Sephiroth and Kurt Zisa were added to the NA/EU release of KH1. Japan didn't get them until KH1FM.

IIRC, they had wanted to put Sephiroth in the original Japanese release but by the time the JP version went gold, they literally only had his character model done.

Oh, I thought only Kurt Siza was exclusive to the NA version.

Maybe next time they will delay the game 10 months again in the west so we get more post content =D

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Like LW needs a boss fight against Terranort

Axel damn well should have a boss fight against Saix

Riku should have Ansem SoD

Roxas should have Xemnas(and maybe Xion)

There's actually a pretty damn long list of Xehanorts that you could argue Aqua should personally kick their teeth in

And you could still give Sora:

Larxene
Marluxia
Luxord
Demyx
Vexen

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
This makes no sense. It's not about killing them, I mean, they have to still be alive at the endgame. Just battles.
I thought we were talking Keyblade war. I can see him fighting some in the other worlds but not all. I do hope you're right though.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wh...t-do-you-expect-for-kingdom-hearts-iii.25370/

The original title was FFXV makes me excited for KH3. People were tripping over themselves to decry FFXV.
I really did love FFXV and how it was supported post release. I know some didn't but I do hope we get support for this game post launch to. I don't want to go years with a dry spell again.

Man I hope we get to play as Roxas again. It's been to long and it looks like he may be the only one who can still duel wielding at the end of the day.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
They don't even seem to give Nortqua/Darkling Aqua to Riku & Mickey who went to the Realm of Darkness for the specific reason of dividing their forces to get shit done faster, so Sora wasn't supposed to be anywhere near Aqua or have anything to do with her. Unless that original battle clip of Sora vs. Aqua was just misdirection to hide the fact that you DO, in fact, fight her as Riku. Though they revealed that prior to the release of the game anyway, so I don't see why they would have done that.

There might be one or two Org XIII members we don't fight or maybe one of the Xemnas/FAnsem/Young Xehanort peeps, but ultimately I do think we'll fight all of them.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They don't even seem to give Nortqua/Darkling Aqua to Riku & Mickey who went to the Realm of Darkness for the specific reason of dividing their forces to get shit done faster, so Sora wasn't supposed to be anywhere near Aqua or have anything to do with her. Unless that original battle clip of Sora vs. Aqua was just misdirection to hide the fact that you DO, in fact, fight her as Riku. Though they revealed that prior to the release of the game anyway, so I don't see why they would have done that.

There might be one or two Org XIII members we don't fight or maybe one of the Xemnas/FAnsem/Young Xehanort peeps, but ultimately I do think we'll fight all of them.

Young Xehanort has to be one fight. IT HAS TO BEEEEEE

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It probably will be. I could see them giving FAnsem to Riku. Like Sora will be all "I'll take care of Xemnas, you go after Ansem!"

I'm expecting to fight him in Toy Story world or in the Big Hero 6 one.

Maybe Xeman and Ansem will fight side by side in the same battle, that would be pretty cool.