• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Komali

Sep 25, 2018
Kingdom Hearts III |OT| Indeeeeeeeed

Kingdom Hearts III |OT| Feckless neophyte

Kingdom Hearts III |OT| You won't need a home anymore where you're going!

Kingdom Hearts III |OT| So many are still waiting for their new beginning, their birth by sleep. Even me... and even you.

Kingdom Hearts III |OT| C'mon, are you telling me you think the world can be saved by just seven people?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Is it already known what the differences will be between PS4 Pro and Xbox One X? I just can't decide for which console I want it. I want to play it on the best platform possible with the best graphics, performance and resolution, but it would be a bit more practical to play on PS4 since my girlfriend could play it too then and we have all the rest for PS4 too. Already thinking about buying it for both.... 😖

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it already known what the differences will be between PS4 Pro and Xbox One X? I just can't decide for which console I want it. I want to play it on the best platform possible with the best graphics, performance and resolution, but it would be a bit more practical to play on PS4 since my girlfriend could play it too then and we have all the rest for PS4 too. Already thinking about buying it for both.... 😖

Well, the japanese version will be out 4 days before the english version so you can expect comparisons of both versions by then which is before the release of the game in the west.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Patch notes for the first KH3 update is out. I can't translate atm tho

2019年1月25日(金) に発売される『KINGDOM HEARTS III』(日本語版)につきまして、コンテンツの配信予定をお知らせいたします。

○配信予定
■1月25日(金) 0:00頃
・アップデート1.01(一部データ修正)
・メモリーアーカイブ(映像)
※メモリーアーカイブは「キングダム ハーツ」シリーズのこれまでの物語をダイジェストにした映像コンテンツです。(公式サイトで公開中の「IIIに繋がる物語たち」と同内容です)
※トップメニューに項目が追加され、いつでも選択して視聴可能になります。

■1月26日(土) 0:00頃
・エピローグ(映像)
※エピローグは「キングダム ハーツ」シリーズの世界観をよりお楽しみいただける映像コンテンツです。
視聴にはゲームをエンディングまでクリアする必要があります。

■1月31日(木) 19:00頃
・シークレット(映像)
※シークレットは、「キングダム ハーツ」シリーズの世界観をよりお楽しみいただける映像コンテンツです。
視聴にはゲームをエンディングまでクリアし、ゲーム内で一定条件をクリアする必要があります。
(条件は難易度によって異なります)

※バージョンアップに必要なパッチや一部の特典、追加コンテンツのダウンロードにつきましては、インターネット接続が必要となりますため、ご注意ください。

※『KINGDOM HEARTS III』本編につきましては、これらのコンテンツ追加をしていない状態でも、エンディングまでプレイすることが可能です。

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Oof. The Epilogue gets patched one day after the Japanese release and the Secret Ending two days after the English release on the Japanese version.

People are most definitely going to have a high chance of being spoiled then, that small window is very short and doesn't leave enough time for English players to unlock it in time (imo)

Edit: English times are up, epilogue a day after English release and secret ending on the same day as Japan. They both are videos, so they'll definitely be uploaded to social media as soon as they're avaliable by someone, it's unavoidable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
malyse

malyse

Community Resetter
Oof. The Epilogue gets patched one day after the Japanese release and the Secret Ending two days after the English release on the Japanese version.

People are most definitely going to have a high chance of being spoiled then, that small window is very short and doesn't leave enough time for English players to unlock it in time (imo)
You mean you can't beat a game on its hardest difficulty in two days?

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Edit: English times are up, epilogue a day after English release and secret ending on the same day as Japan. They both are videos, so they'll definitely be uploaded to social media as soon as they're avaliable by someone, it's unavoidable.

I mean, the whole game will be on the social media befote it even releases in the west.

sigma722

Oct 26, 2017
He's also one of those lapsed fans that just insists on hating the franchise at every turn now, even when a mutual friend was excited and trying to catch up on the series.

I have a friend like this. We were so hyped for 2 to come out, blew through it, is probably still in his top 10, but now he's full on hater because of the other games.

He probably would say 2 isn't in his top 10 anymore, but it would just be his current hate lowering it which isn't fair imo.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, the whole game will be on the social media befote it even releases in the west.
But I won't be on the social media! I'm sure I will be able to do that!

giphy.webp

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so I just watched Back Cover for the first time and it seemed way more interesting and important than I was expecting. I've seen y'all talking about this Master of Masters fellow but I still wasn't prepared for his... colorful... personality. So basically the first Keyblade War happened because these 5 dumbasses lost their damn minds for no reason when their Master disappeared? But where did the Master of Masters disappear to? And why do the Master of Masters and Luxu wear those tired old black organization coats that clash with their much more stylish coworkers?

And WHAT IS IN THAT BOX.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if people are being dense today or are just coming for drive-by comments for the epilogue and secret ending thing.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
You mean you can't beat a game on its hardest difficulty in two days?
Depends on the length really. I don't think too many people will be making it in time though.
Yeah that's true. It just suprises me given Nomura seemed very adament (even if it may have been a decision from the company itself rather than Nomura and the team) on having the Epilogue and Secret Endings not on disk so that they wouldn't be leaked/spoiled before release but English players probably wont get that oppurtunity in time unless they do their best to avoid spoilers.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if people are being dense today or are just coming for drive-by comments for the epilogue and secret ending thing.

Besides the rampant shitposting we've all come to expect in KH threads, they've been like this since the epilogue/secret ending release plans were announced. I don't know why I haven't learned my lesson and stopped posting in these threads tbh.

Depends on the length really. I don't think too many people will be making it in time though.
Yeah that's true. It just suprises me given Nomura seemed very adament (even if it may have been a decision from the company itself rather than Nomura and the team) on having the Epilogue and Secret Endings not on disk so that they wouldn't be leaked/spoiled before release but English players probably wont get that oppurtunity in time unless they do their best to avoid spoilers.

Considering SENA had to fight for a near-simultaneous release, I'm not surprised this happened.

Ace-0

Oct 27, 2017
So I decided to replay DDD to understand the story better before KH3 releases. But it made me more confused! can someone explain to me how does the sleeping worlds thing works? why was Pinocchio's world sleeping I thought we saved it in KH1 ? are the worlds actually sleeping or real ? 'cuz YX said they were real in the grid. I'm so confused by this whole dreaming worlds thing.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fucking leaks are ruining all the conversation regarding this game. I just read someone posting that the game lacks content, a ~40 hours game lacking content... I'm not sure what people think content is.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Come to me friend. As resident DDD stan I shall bless you with the knowledge so you can better appreciate top3
Here we go! Forgive me for this long ass post. :)

1) What the fuck is going on in the very first cutscene? Xehanort (Terra-nort) and Braig.
  • a) What point in time is this scene taking place in?
  • b) Why is Terra-nort able to summon Master Xehanort's Keyblade? Wasn't locking away MX's Keyblade Terra's single victory against the old geezer?
2) Sora and Riku use the Destiny Islands of the past to enter the "Realm of Sleep/the dreams of the worlds." What happens to their real, physical bodies once they unlock that first keyhole at the bottom of the sea and enter the "RoS/dreams?"

3) What's the explanation for the Drop mechanic? Is Dream Sora randomly falling asleep, while already being physically asleep? Oh god! Then we play as Riku while Dream Sora is snoozing? Obviously the simple answer is, it's just a game mechanic. Just wondering if I missed something.

4) Young Xehanort was visited by a time traveling "Billy Zane Brown Robe." This brown robed fucker told YX all about "the plan." How the fuck does Terra-nort's Heartless know anything, about anything? Terra-nort could barely remember his own fucking name. The potato sack's knowledge is (should be?) limited to the events post-BBS. Or did he just go back in time to tell YX to follow his heart (and be real bad), then give him the time travel jutsu? Everything else sort of falls into place. YX visits all of his future selves and fills them in, or the plan is "etched" into YX's heart, which means it's in all of their hearts... yada, yada. But that initial visit by Billy, no... just, no!

5) Why did Master Xehanort show up at the end?
  • a) Terra-nort's Heartless and Nobody were destroyed. So, Terra-nort should be back. Where is "my name's not Terra-nort, it's Ansem?"
  • b) MX vanished with all the time travelers. Was he also time traveling? But YX said they were all waiting for his most future self, then MX showed up. WTF!

I've read over some really helpful reddit posts, but there's no end to the questions, lol. I think I liked the game, but the ending left me so dissatisfied and mystified. Symphony of Sorcery and TWTNW are genuinely magical and, imo, series highs. For me, it's the first time one of these portable games has delivered a worthwhile experience. Perfection! Even the stupid pets are okay, once you throw water barrels at 'em. I might just give the game another go on Crit.

KINGDOM HEARTS COMMUNITY! Fill me... with the power of answers.

Kingdom Hearts III |OT| So you have come this far, and still you understand nothing
Please pick this.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So I decided to replay DDD to understand the story better before KH3 releases. But it made me more confused! can someone explain to me how does the sleeping worlds thing works? why was Pinocchio's world sleeping I thought we saved it in KH1 ? are the worlds actually sleeping or real ? 'cuz YX said they were real in the grid. I'm so confused by this whole dreaming worlds thing.

Dream worlds are the worlds, that after KH 1, for some reason weren't completely restored from falling into darkness. In DDD, sora and riku go from world to world awakening these worlds from their "dream" state.

Imagine these worlds are in a Limbo kind of state. so they don't belong neither to the realm of light and the realm of darkness.

I believe it is something like this, I haven't played DDD in a while.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
I rarely ever post in KH threads anymore if they aren't news-related. It's been a while since I grew tired of people clamoring for attention posting the usual "only cared about KH1&2, will play KH3" so they have a two-page derail of people quoting their post. The "can someone point me to the right way of understanding this mess of a story?" posts are also getting a bit old, since its been repeated so many times and that information is literally one click away.

Now, people going with the "they cut the opening to sell it apart and the ending for people to have an internet connection" narrative is too annoying to even waste the time to correct them. Searching what an epilogue doesn't take that long. And the statements are pretty clear on the game having a conclusion on disc.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would suggest to not read threads in the main page, it's a waste of time.

You're probably right. And besides, when the story leaks start to surface in a few weeks the carnival of stupidity will reach insane levels, it'll serve as fuel to the people who never liked or cared to the games's story anyway.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
Hope I'm allowed to post this here, feels like we need some positivity from the constant bickering from main page

Jesse McCartney is really fun here, I low key hope SE can convince him to do a KH opening one day. Seems people aren't fans of either Utada's current style or Skrillex's addition to the franchise.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hope I'm allowed to post this here, feels like we need some positivity from the constant bickering from main page

Jesse McCartney is really fun here, I low key hope SE can convince him to do a KH opening one day. Seems people aren't fans of either Utada's current style or Skrillex's addition to the franchise.

Haha saw this earlier, it's pretty cool! Music and video are very nice.

And that is something I didn't know I wanted up untill now haha, even though I like the new music for KH3.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wait, is this song new? It sounds sooooo familiar to me.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

1) What the fuck is going on in the very first cutscene? Xehanort (Terra-nort) and Braig.
  • b) Why is Terra-nort able to summon Master Xehanort's Keyblade? Wasn't locking away MX's Keyblade Terra's single victory against the old geezer?
2) Sora and Riku use the Destiny Islands of the past to enter the "Realm of Sleep/the dreams of the worlds." What happens to their real, physical bodies once they unlock that first keyhole at the bottom of the sea and enter the "RoS/dreams?"

3) What's the explanation for the Drop mechanic? Is Dream Sora randomly falling asleep, while already being physically asleep? Oh god! Then we play as Riku while Dream Sora is snoozing? Obviously the simple answer is, it's just a game mechanic. Just wondering if I missed something.

4) Young Xehanort was visited by a time traveling "Billy Zane Brown Robe." This brown robed fucker told YX all about "the plan." How the fuck does Terra-nort's Heartless know anything, about anything? Terra-nort could barely remember his own fucking name. The potato sack's knowledge is (should be?) limited to the events post-BBS. Or did he just go back in time to tell YX to follow his heart (and be real bad), then give him the time travel jutsu? Everything else sort of falls into place. YX visits all of his future selves and fills them in, or the plan is "etched" into YX's heart, which means it's in all of their hearts... yada, yada. But that initial visit by Billy, no... just, no!

• a) Terra-nort's Heartless and Nobody were destroyed. So, Terra-nort should be back. Where is "my name's not Terra-nort, it's Ansem?"
  • b) MX vanished with all the time travelers. Was he also time traveling? But YX said they were all waiting for his most future self, then MX showed up. WTF!

I've read over some really helpful reddit posts, but there's no end to the questions, lol. I think I liked the game, but the ending left me so dissatisfied and mystified. Symphony of Sorcery and TWTNW are genuinely magical and, imo, series highs. For me, it's the first time one of these portable games has delivered a worthwhile experience. Perfection! Even the stupid pets are okay, once you throw water barrels at 'em. I might just give the game another go on Crit.

Please pick this.

That first scene is Terranort turning Ansem's apprentices into Nobodies for the first time.

It's implied that he awakened part of if not all his memories at that point.

KH 3 will give more clarification but the trailers show Terranort fighting the Lingering Will asking "Who are you?"

Oct 25, 2017

Please pick this.
The drop mechanic can also been seen(not confirmed but it's my own personal theory) as Xehanort luring sora deeper into sleep so he can make him his vessel. Riku dives and falls asleep too because he's chasing sora

It's very poorly explained. They are traveling between the worlds of sleep as the test it's their actual physical bodies.

Someone answered the first point

Last edited:

Rush_Khan

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, have they confirmed yet which KHUX players got their name in the game?

Also, is it the case you can only redeem the Classic Kingdom keyblade on the day the game releases? I've tried redeeming the PSN code but no dice.

Also, are we definitely sure the game is releasing worldwide on Jan 29th with no possibility of being pushed back/forwards? I've taken a day off on that day (as sad as that is - this is like the only game I would ever do it for), and would like to not waste it.

Also, what is a kingdom of the hearts?

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017

Also, is it the case you can only redeem the Classic Kingdom keyblade on the day the game releases? I've tried redeeming the PSN code but no dice.

Also, are we definitely sure the game is releasing worldwide on Jan 29th with no possibility of being pushed back/forwards? I've taken a day off on that day (as sad as that is - this is like the only game I would ever do it for), and would like to not waste it.

Haven't seen anything about the Make Your Mark campaign in a while so I assume it hasn't been announced yet.

The update notice for 3.1.0 says that the code won't work until KHIII launches.

Highly doubt we'll get any delays at this point so late in the release cycle. Copies have already made their way to retailers and probably reviewers. They also have updates for the memory archive, epilogue, and secret ending all planned out and there's a long process for patches to be approved through Sony and Microsoft too.

Kingdom Hearts is the heart of everything and is said to hold immense power and wisdom. This is made confusing by the fact that at least two of the Kingdom Hearts we've seen are confirmed to fake and man-made (loose definition of man), and the third is unconfirmed altogether(?)

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017

They're not going to announce the winners. The only way to know who won is by finding the names in-game.

hillzagold

Jan 12, 2019
Hi all. Have there been official releases of the two theme songs yet? Or will those comes out after the release date. I'm pretty tired of seeing [extended full song] on youtube and it's just the trailer clips repeated twice.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hi!

Hey, hi, sorry, excuse me, why the fuck wasn't I told that KH DDD was this good?! I'm so pleasantly surprised with this game.

Flowmotion is really fun (it could maaaybe control a bit better) and I thought the drop and Pokemon stuff would be worse than it actually is. I'm currently in the second world and thoroughly enjoying it.

I'm more or less done with my RE series replay, so I'll try to replay as much KH as possible before 3,order be damned. If I have time after this, I'll be replaying BBS I think.

I've missed this series.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Hi!

Hey, hi, sorry, excuse me, why the fuck wasn't I told that KH DDD was this good?! I'm so pleasantly surprised with this game.

Flowmotion is really fun (it could maaaybe control a bit better) and I thought the drop and Pokemon stuff would be worse than it actually is. I'm currently in the second world and thoroughly enjoying it.

I'm more or less done with my RE series replay, so I'll try to replay as much KH as possible before 3,order be damned. If I have time after this, I'll be replaying BBS I think.

I've missed this series.
Dream Drop Distance is so fun, and the worlds are so inventive. Symphony of Sorcery is one of the most inventive worlds the series has created to date, and it's a shame that it hasn't been fully realised on anything more powerful than a 3DS.

Plus the fully realised The World That Never Was? That improved on the barebones corridor in KH2? Fuck yeah!

Deleted member 12555

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dream Drop Distance is so fun, and the worlds are so inventive. Symphony of Sorcery is one of the most inventive worlds the series has created to date, and it's a shame that it hasn't been fully realised on anything more powerful than a 3DS.

Plus the fully realised The World That Never Was? That improved on the barebones corridor in KH2? Fuck yeah!

Speaking of the hardware, the remaster doesn't look half bad for a 3ds game! I'm just really surprised all around.

I love the worlds chosen for the game (the ones I know about, at any rate) and I can't wait to see TWTNW, it's one of my favorites, for sure!

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of the hardware, the remaster doesn't look half bad for a 3ds game! I'm just really surprised all around.

I love the worlds chosen for the game (the ones I know about, at any rate) and I can't wait to see TWTNW, it's one of my favorites, for sure!
The remaster really emphasised how varied and beautiful the worlds are, for sure. It looked great on 3DS but the jump to 1080p from 240p was just so surprising and it's nothing short of amazing.

The world choices are great too. Going for some niche titles like Mickey Mouse and the Three Musketeers or other titles that Disney may not have wanted in a bigger release like Hunchback of Notre Dame were fantastic. I echo everyone else's complaints about the worlds being empty for how big they are, as was expected for 3DS but really hit home by the port. That's why KH3 excites me. We can have massive worlds AND they can have people actually living in those worlds.

I'm excited for you to hit TWTNW. It becomes more like a death trap and there's so many elements added to it that feels and looks twisted and manipulated, and it's a fantastic closing chapter to that world (assuming it's not in KH3 and beyond).

Deleted member 12555

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The remaster really emphasised how varied and beautiful the worlds are, for sure. It looked great on 3DS but the jump to 1080p from 240p was just so surprising and it's nothing short of amazing.

The world choices are great too. Going for some niche titles like Mickey Mouse and the Three Musketeers or other titles that Disney may not have wanted in a bigger release like Hunchback of Notre Dame were fantastic. I echo everyone else's complaints about the worlds being empty for how big they are, as was expected for 3DS but really hit home by the port. That's why KH3 excites me. We can have massive worlds AND they can have people actually living in those worlds.

I'm excited for you to hit TWTNW. It becomes more like a death trap and there's so many elements added to it that feels and looks twisted and manipulated, and it's a fantastic closing chapter to that world (assuming it's not in KH3 and beyond).

That's exactly what I like about the worlds, they're a bit more niche than in the main entries, and it's a pleasant surprise that they actually put in new worlds instead of just retreads of old ones.

Yeah, they look empty, but I'm just having fun seeing how high I can go in the maps, probably look silly doing it too. Seriously though, I haven't payed much attention to that because I'm only on the second world, but it will probably become obvious later on.

Yeah, apparently from the leaked stuff, the worlds do look and feel alive, at least the first one.

Alright, I'll try to check in more often as I play through this!

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
That's exactly what I like about the worlds, they're a bit more niche than in the main entries, and it's a pleasant surprise that they actually put in new worlds instead of just retreads of old ones.

Yeah, they look empty, but I'm just having fun seeing how high I can go in the maps, probably look silly doing it too. Seriously though, I haven't payed much attention to that because I'm only on the second world, but it will probably become obvious later on.

Yeah, apparently from the leaked stuff, the worlds do look and feel alive, at least the first one.

Alright, I'll try to check in more often as I play through this!
Please do check in! A lot of Kingdom Hearts fans do like to look down on DDD but I've always had a fond spot in my heart for it, so it's nice to see you enjoying it :)

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hi!

I've missed this series.

Yeah the opinions of this game in the KH community are so hyperbolic it hurts... it is great, it has its strong and weak parts sure, but in the end it is a fun game, far from the trash people claim it to be.