• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
What hppened in Union X update?
cutscene description only so far since translations are still pending:

Ephemer talks with player
Lauriam joins the conversation and leaves
You take out some heartless with ephemer.
Lauriam meets back up with elrena.
Elrena explains that while investigating the room, she saw a glitched version of streletizia in the room and watched her die.
A couple of chirithy's share a conversation about player and skuld
Back at the clocktower, Ventus keeps glancing at brain, and brain finally catches him doing it. Brain finally shows his face in game and looks like he revealed something pretty important to ventus

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Completed all but one Disney world in Kingdom Hearts III (The Caribbean). Don't know what comes after that yet, but I'm excited.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
cutscene description only so far since translations are still pending:

Ephemer talks with player
Lauriam joins the conversation and leaves
You take out some heartless with ephemer.
Lauriam meets back up with elrena.
Elrena explains that while investigating the room, she saw a glitched version of streletizia in the room and watched her die.
A couple of chirithy's share a conversation about player and skuld
Back at the clocktower, Ventus keeps glancing at brain, and brain finally catches him doing it. Brain finally shows his face in game and looks like he revealed something pretty important to ventus

Does it spoil stuff from KH3? Haven't played ti yet so not wanna spoil anything

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Does it spoil stuff from KH3? Haven't played ti yet so not wanna spoil anything

I've only just finished Arendelle but it seems like it just continues onwards from past UX updates.

Ephemer brings Lauriam to meet Player and ask about Strelitzia. Player of course knows nothing.
Lauriam leaves to meet with Elrena while Ephemer stays with Player for a while.
Elrena informs him that she saw a glitched ghost of Strelitzia in her final moments.
Lauriam freaks and runs in, realizes she's not there.
Elrena explains she hasn't been able to trigger that glitch again.
Elrena's Chirithy tells them about something he remembered in his last conversation with Strelitzia's Chirithy.
Lauriam begins to suspect Brain.
Skuld, Ven and Brain are back in the Foreteller's room. Ven says that Brain has been reading the Book of Prophecies for a long time, as if he's looking for something.
Brain explains he's striving to achieve a goal and says that the world is proceeding on a path towards fated destruction. And that even though they've overwritten the Dandelion's memories of the Keyblade War, it doesn't change anything, but he'll become a "virus" to overwrite the "program" of that fate (random tech lingo at the end there but you get the idea).

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
I've only just finished Arendelle but it seems like it just continues onwards from past UX updates.

Ephemer brings Lauriam to meet Player and ask about Strelitzia. Player of course knows nothing.
Elrena informs him that she saw a glitched ghost of Strelitzia in her final moments.
Elrena's Chirithy tells them about something he remembered in his last conversation with Strelitzia's Chirithy.
Skuld, Ven and Brain are back in the Foreteller's room. Ven says that Brain has been reading the Book of Prophecies for a long time, as if he's looking for something.
Brain explains he's striving to achieve a goal and says that the world is proceeding on a path towards fated destruction. And that even though they've overwritten the Dandelion's memories of the Keyblade War, it doesn't change anything, but he'll become a "virus" to overwrite the "program" of that fate (random tech lingo at the end there but you get the idea).

Thanks. I read it. KHUχ still moving at a glacial pace.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

part of me always thought brain is just an alias for Braig and damn this thing is helping confirm it, idk if kh3 says anything on the matter cause im still playing it

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
I still wish his name was translated as Blaine haha.

Man, I almost got excited for a KHUX story update, glacial as always it seems

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This is probably a common question but here it goes. Kingdom Hearts III looks really fun. But I've never played a KH games and I don't really plan on buying games anymore at full price. So I'm looking at the previous entries and I'm wondering what's the best way to go around it. Especially with all the crazy confusion names.

I assume the best way is just to play the three remasters? Or is there a more definitive or fun way to hop into the franchise?

Deleted member 16365

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Help me out here, my fellow Dandelions.

After watching the last of the KH3 primer videos I'm even more confused that I thought I was having played all the previous games a couple of times each. The final video depicts the story of Birth By Sleep, but also ties into Xehanort's grand plan, which is where I'm struggling.

It implied that Xehanort wanted to split into Terranort (Ansem) and Xemnas so they they could each focus on gathering the 7 light and 13 dark. Ansem specifically is where I'm having trouble since he had amnesia (which I assume was to fix potential continuity errors) but he managed to know that he needed to gather the 7 light, yet he forgot that Kingdom Hearts was light, which would ultimately kill him. I'm chu-chu-choosing to not get bogged down in how the Door to Darkness shined light that would kill Ansem, instead mostly having issues with him remembering the keyblade war recipe, but forgetting that Kingdom Hearts was not, in fact, ultimate darkness.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished the Frozen world and OMG what an incredible place. Tons of love went into this game.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Caribbean world could have been a standalone game and it would still be better than 90% of licensed games in the market.

Fuck that was good

I hope ff16 uses that kind of stylization, sora looked amazing

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Shit. Finally don't totally understand something in KH3.

How did Aqua lose the Master's Defender? Is the very first KH3 teaser canon?

If this is something I'm not supposed to know yet, please don't answer the question. I feel like that might be the case cause I'm pretty damn sure nothing from before KH3 can answer this.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, I had a niptick regarding the Olympus Coliseum. Not really a spoiler but anyway:

Why they made Phill mute? Like, really? This is the last character you would want to do this. I don't get it.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
By the way, I had a niptick regarding the Olympus Coliseum. Not really a spoiler but anyway:

Why they made Phill mute? Like, really? This is the last character you would want to do this. I don't get it.
I didn't like this too. I expect it's just to save up on having to cast his voice actor. He didn't really have a role in the story this time, but it would've felt weird to not see him.

The Last One

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't like this too. I expect it's just to save up on having to cast his voice actor. He didn't really have a role in the story this time, but it would've felt weird to not see him.

Yeah, this was definitely the reason, but it felt sooo strange.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
The (second) secret ending for Re: Coded was confusing.

"In Ansem's computer room in Hollow Bastion, Braig, Dilan, Even, Aeleus, Ienzo, Isa, and Lea return to their human forms as a result of the destruction of both their Heartless and Nobodies."

...that's what happened? I thought it was a flashback to just after the events of BBS. Why are some of the Org. members in their BBS labcoats but Axel and Saix are wearing their Organization robes? Why are they all unconscious in the same location, even though they were all defeated at different points? Where is the revived Braig (is the Braig who is talking to Terranort the same one from BBS, who time traveled along with Terranort, or is he the revived Xigbar?) Where are Marluxia, Larxene, Demyx, and Luxord? How did Terranort time travel?

"He contemplates who to take along with him, and Xehanort begins to speak Saïx's name."

What?

Also, what was the
data that Ansem/DiZ hid inside Sora
?

is any of this explained in DDD

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017

Apparently Phil Japanese VA passed away and haven't recast him so maybe that's why he doesn't have any lines

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I just installed the mobile game (union cross?). Seems pretty fun so far, got the KH3 Sora medal. Does Era have a party I can join?

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
DDD really reminded me of just how funky the TWEWY soundtrack was.

Hot damn.

Every time Twister played:

v4S1T9y.gif

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Shit. Finally don't totally understand something in KH3.

How did Aqua lose the Master's Defender? Is the very first KH3 teaser canon?

If this is something I'm not supposed to know yet, please don't answer the question. I feel like that might be the case cause I'm pretty damn sure nothing from before KH3 can answer this.

Answer isn't a spoiler but tagging it anyways.

She loses it at the end of 0.2 when she's falling back into the Realm of Darkness.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
The (second) secret ending for Re: Coded was confusing.

...that's what happened? I thought it was a flashback to just after the events of BBS. Why are some of the Org. members in their BBS labcoats but Axel and Saix are wearing their Organization robes? Why are they all unconscious in the same location, even though they were all defeated at different points? Where is the revived Braig (is the Braig who is talking to Terranort the same one from BBS, who time traveled along with Terranort, or is he the revived Xigbar?) Where are Marluxia, Larxene, Demyx, and Luxord? How did Terranort time travel?

What?

Also, what was the
data that Ansem/DiZ hid inside Sora
?

is any of this explained in DDD

Let's hit these plot points in order:

- They're presumably revived in the same place that they were originally turned into nobodies, and likely with the attire they were wearing when it happened, too. Dream Drop Distance's intro scene depicts the incident where they first became nobodies between BBS and KH1, the Re:Coded scene in 2.5 is post KH2, but just before the events in DDD.

- The Braig in that cutscene is newly revived from having his heartless & nobody defeated.

- That's not Terranort. DDD explains exactly who this incarnation of Xehanort is and why they can time travel.

Darkpyro2

Oct 27, 2017
Kingdom Hearts III is TERRIBLY, DISAPPOINTINGLY easy. Is there a critical mode post-game? Proud simply isnt doing it for me.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah KH3 is way too easy. Done all the Sora battle content now and I want more KH with a challenge!
How are the older games Lv 1 Crit runs? I suppose 2 is good? What about BBS and DDD? Because I heared s3 LV 1 run is painful because of how slow you kill normal enemies so not too interested in that.

Darkpyro2

Oct 27, 2017
fine by me. I always play on Normal. I play for the story, not manufactured difficulty.
I'm the opposite. I can't stand the game's story. I skip every single cutscene after a good 10 seconds of cringe-inducing dialogue about darkness and the power of friendship.

The boss battles and the difficulty are what keep bringing me back. Beating Birth By Sleep on the highest difficulties was a BLAST.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Let's hit these plot points in order:

- They're presumably revived in the same place that they were originally turned into nobodies, and likely with the attire they were wearing when it happened, too. Dream Drop Distance's intro scene depicts the incident where they first became nobodies between BBS and KH1, the Re:Coded scene in 2.5 is post KH2, but just before the events in DDD.

- The Braig in that cutscene is newly revived from having his heartless & nobody defeated.

- That's not Terranort. DDD explains exactly who this incarnation of Xehanort is and why they can time travel.

Hm, alright.
But how come they're all still there together even though they were defeated days/weeks apart? How come Vexen, Zexion, and Lexaeus were still unconscious even though they were defeated like a year before the others?

Gotcha.

What -__- Okay, I guess I'll have to play DDD sooner rather than later then.

Thanks!

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Hm, alright.
But how come they're all still there together even though they were defeated days/weeks apart? How come Vexen, Zexion, and Lexaeus were still unconscious even though they were defeated like a year before the others?

Gotcha.

What -__- Okay, I guess I'll have to play DDD sooner rather than later then.

Thanks!

This one actually does have a legitimately sensible answer!

If you recall, because Xemnas was collecting captured hearts in the background of the story up to the end of KH2, even if Sora defeated someone's nobody and heartless, their heart was still held captive as part of Xemnas' artificial Kingdom Hearts. Ansem the Wise using his machine alongside Sora and Riku beating Xemnas freed all of those hearts at once, meaning anyone that had a heartless and nobody defeated all were revived at the same time.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
This one actually does have a legitimately sensible answer!

If you recall, because Xemnas was collecting captured hearts in the background of the story up to the end of KH2, even if Sora defeated someone's nobody and heartless, their heart was still held captive as part of Xemnas' artificial Kingdom Hearts. Ansem the Wise using his machine alongside Sora and Riku beating Xemnas freed all of those hearts at once, meaning anyone that had a heartless and nobody defeated all were revived at the same time.

Ah, that actually does make sense. Thanks!

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I finished the game and i need some time to think.

It was nice but i'm honestly overwhelmed lol

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I chuckled at
Vexen being disappointed that there was an actual heart in the chest.

"Damn it I thought it was one of those magical glowing hearts."

Oh wow, Sora just saw a man die in front of him and tried to beat Davy Jones to death with his bare hands.

Deleted member 21411

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am so bored with this damn game. I've been playing for so many hours and I can't get to anything interesting. I need to see what happens but even though the game is easy as hell it's just beyond slow.

Tell me when does union x get even slightly interesting I'm at 526 am i even close

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
I asked this in the other thread, but I am very curious:

Where the hell is the official soundtrack release???

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
I'm kind of almost done with KH3 now and I'm scared it'll be over soon but I'm also really excited to find out what's gonna happen. Only two more Disney worlds left then... whatever the fuck it is after.
Answer isn't a spoiler but tagging it anyways.

She loses it at the end of 0.2 when she's falling back into the Realm of Darkness.
Oh. Huh. I guess I didn't notice that?

I watched the scene again and we saw the Master's Defender next to her before she falls. I guess... maybe that's why it ended up at Destiny Islands? If that teaser is canon, anyway.
I asked this in the other thread, but I am very curious:

Where the hell is the official soundtrack release???
No word on that yet, from what I know.

Aisutron

Nov 1, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
I finally beat Axel on 13th floor in Chain of Memories by abusing Ars Arcanum but I can't beat Marluxia. Which sleights can I abuse? I don't have enough cards, I really want to just finish this game and move onto KH3. :/