• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah

personally I thought they were playing pretty fast and loose with game canon in order to give the RAX trio the most drama and angst. There was some other stuff involving them that didn't make much sense, such as Axel being able to see Xion through Kairi or Roxas still being able to wield two Keyblades.
Roxas being able to use two keyblades is stupid but I didn't mind cause it was SO FUCKING AWESOME, i'm just assuming his keyblade's power is split in two parts so i don't go insane

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I was just curious and looked up which difficulty to play KH2 in but everywhere says Critical. I'm not good at action games at all, won't I get wrecked hard?

Possibly, but all the other difficulties are mind numbingly easy.

For what it's worth, I'm not very good at DMC/Bayonetta type games or fighting games, but I had an absolute blast with 2 FM critical mode. It's phenomenal.

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
I might migrate to this thread because I feel the thread in the gaming hangout side might implode.

I just got my platinum today! KH3 was a lovely game.

As for KH2, if you haven't played it before but are kinda worried about Critical, just put it on Proud.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah fair enough, I'll try it out when I start KH2 then. :) thanks!

Keep in mind that most people who answer you here are hardcore KH fans who have played the game a ton and really care about playing it in its most difficult form. Personally I do not, and don't take stock in that. Play the way that gives you the most enjoyment. If you only care about story, Standard is just fine.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's because I'm rusty but I had a semi-difficult time with KH3 on Proud at points. I never had to really regroup or go back and grind levels but none if the fights were definitive one sided fights for me

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
Maybe it's because I'm rusty but I had a semi-difficult time with KH3 on Proud at points. I never had to really regroup or go back and grind levels but none if the fights were definitive one sided fights for me
I just beat the game on Proud and I gotta say, I'm more happy with the difficulty now than I was in the first few worlds. It felt really easy at first, just screen clearing things with all the situation commands but it was way more fun when I stopped using attraction flow and late game bosses never had attraction flow anyways. Died on a few bosses but I was never frustrated with it the way I was when I was younger with the first couple of games. The battle system is fun for bosses but I kind of feel there weren't enough boss fights for me to enjoy, really missing Colosseum right now.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just beat the game on Proud and I gotta say, I'm more happy with the difficulty now than I was in the first few worlds. It felt really easy at first, just screen clearing things with all the situation commands but it was way more fun when I stopped using attraction flow and late game bosses never had attraction flow anyways. Died on a few bosses but I was never frustrated with it the way I was when I was younger with the first couple of games. The battle system is fun for bosses but I kind of feel there weren't enough boss fights for me to enjoy, really missing Colosseum right now.
I think
it's very back loaded with bosses. In that last segment alone you have demon tide, all 13 darknesses, the 13 xehanorts, armor xehanort, and standard xehanort.

The 13 xehanorts and demon tide gave me the most trouble

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
I think
it's very back loaded with bosses. In that last segment alone you have demon tide, all 13 darknesses, the 13 xehanorts, armor xehanort, and standard xehanort.

The 13 xehanorts and demon tide gave me the most trouble
Completely agree. They should have spread the battles around and gave you some team attacks with everyone. I'm really missing KHII Limits and Data Battles right now because it just wasn't satisfying fighting the Darknesses in groups. It felt like they had few animations and so did the teammates.

I had some trouble with Armored and Final Xehanort battles, especially when you were forced to go into Rage Form.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Well, arandelle probably wins the prize of "worst integration in a crossover".

At least the boss was cool.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
There's a story explanation for this but you need to watch 358/2 Days to get it.

The explanation they gave
for his ability to dual-wield in Days/KH2 no longer applies once Roxas becomes his own person, nor does the reason behind him having two Keyblades. Don't get me wrong, we all expected him to come back as a dual wielder but it still doesn't make sense lol. I'm sure Nomura will pull something out to explain it away, as he does.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I guess in this instance rather than the replica (which didn't have a personality or anything, unlike Repliku), it could be Data Roxas' heart? It sort of makes sense, I think. Provided you don't think too hard about it.
whatever explanation that gives him two hearts will kinda make him broken and put him in a sora situation where he'll have to be separated from that heart lol, i'd rather believe both keyblades are just one split in two halfs for cosmetic purposes, he's not carrying xion's heart anymore to justify having both, after all. They did use the data from data roxas tho, so yeah... thats complicated lol

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
I'm back, man, I missed you guys. I just finished the game yesterday and thought it was great. I wished the game was harder. On proud, it felt like playing on Standard. The Ultima weapon keyblade is outrageously broken, even beaten the secret boss on the first try.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
The explanation they gave
for his ability to dual-wield in Days/KH2 no longer applies once Roxas becomes his own person, nor does the reason behind him having two Keyblades. Don't get me wrong, we all expected him to come back as a dual wielder but it still doesn't make sense lol. I'm sure Nomura will pull something out to explain it away, as he does.

people are really concerned about this? must be nice to have such small worries in the world. ;)

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Oh man, my heart goes out to those who believed.

It really do.

But it just be like that sometimes.

Aisutron

Nov 1, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
Keep in mind that most people who answer you here are hardcore KH fans who have played the game a ton and really care about playing it in its most difficult form. Personally I do not, and don't take stock in that. Play the way that gives you the most enjoyment. If you only care about story, Standard is just fine.

Yeah you make a good point, I love KH and I bought a PS2 for KH1 but due to life and everything I've only finished KH1, KH358/2 Days, and recently KH Re:CoM even though I have every game. I think my plan is to play through them all this year, but I'm playing KH3 now. :)

Magic is pretty fun in KH3, but I don't know if I'm spamming too much since my MP runs out so fast. I just finished the first world last night though so it's still early into the game.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I lost my account for the damn cell phone game.Where's the best video series to explain the story post keyblade war? I can't do this again

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
The last I wanna say 1/4th of that game really lets it down. And it does so in a way that's disappointing cause you can see where if they just gave certain things another go over/expanded it, it'd be fantastic. The first 3/4ths are great though.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind the party fights, but I wish they let you play as the keyblade users doing the fights. Like how you were able to control Aqua and Riku for a while. Having Sora show up in every single fight to save them was kinda lame lol. It made everyone besides Sora look weak.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Remember when
MX wrote in BBS about how too much of the darkness had been stamped out and the tyranny of light needs to end? Guess he was drunk.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind the party fights, but I wish they let you play as the keyblade users doing the fights. Like how you were able to control Aqua and Riku for a while. Having Sora show up in every single fight to save them was kinda lame lol. It made everyone besides Sora look weak.
When roxas did the superhero landing i was like OH BOY HERE WE GO
no, play boring sora again, he's cooler than dual wielding

OH COME ON

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Let's get serious here

Was
Vanitas getting punked by Sully and doorceptioned
the greatest moment in KH history, or the greatest moment in gaming history?

Deleted member 51957

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Well, I just picked up KH 1.5 + 2.5 on PSN (wish I had caught the sale a few weeks back). I have never played any KH or FF game all the way through. Very little time with both series, in fact. I will catalog my thoughts here as I make it through the first game !