• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So, dark Aqua screen time is literally 5 minutes.
OK.

Not just that, but she wasn't even slowly corrupted over time, she just happened to be knocked into the pool of darkness like an hour before the gang showed up to save her. She would have been fine if Yen Sid had allowed that "reckless attempt at rescue".

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Not just that, but she wasn't even slowly corrupted over time, she just happened to be knocked into the pool of darkness like an hour before the gang showed up to save her. She would have been fine if Yen Sid had allowed that "reckless attempt at rescue".
this plot section after big hero 6 has been a mess, we rescued aqua and Ventus in 30 minutes top, so much for a castle oblivion world.
Ah, and Aqua jobbing for Ventus, thanks Nomura.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
That part makes me so mad cause its so stupid.

She literally had Vanitas beat and just randomly throws herself in front of his dark firaga for NO REASON

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Also holy fuck was it obvious

That they screwed themselves over by making 0.2 not the start of this game. Cause its super clear Aqua was supposed to be the second playable character given the fuck all Riku actually does.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
KH3 just reinforced something I have thought for years, like 40% of the plotpoints should have happened in DDD already. The game had way too much baggage.

Plus it would have made stuff actually progress in DDD lol. Other than Riku being a master whatever that ended up accomplishing and adding ten thousand pointless villains to the sequel.

Oct 25, 2017
KH3 just reinforced something I have thought for years, like 40% of the plotpoints should have happened in DDD already. The game had way too much baggage.

Plus it would have made stuff actually progress in DDD lol. Other than Riku being a master whatever that ended up accomplishing and adding ten thousand pointless villains to the sequel.
I stand by my aqua should've been saved in 0.2 to this day

Terranort

Oct 27, 2017
The thing with Kh3 is that aside from trying to tie-up every plot thread from the previous games, it also tries to set up stuff for the games to come, so there is a lot of baggage on top of baggage.

Hopefully now that things have died down in that sense the next game can be more focused. Although knowing Nomura it will be anything but. Lol

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
I find myself grinding for materials in a Kingdom Hearts game again and it never gets old. There's something so satisfying about creating spreadsheets for a game? To a certain extent at least.

Edit:Ayyy, hit platinum!

Last edited:

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
Finished KH3. Whew, that last stretch was a crazy ride, but I really enjoyed it. Kinda wish the story had a little more breathing room, but a Final Mix update with a few more cutscenes could fix that pretty easily. The endgame bosses were also tons of fun, and I honestly wish there was someway to refight them.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Finally got my first platinum ever and it was KH1 Final Mix.

Overall, pretty fun. Most of the trophies you already get them if you want to get all the cool stuff from the game (Ultima Weapon, Secret Boss Fights... etc). And the rest is pretty easy.

Now what really was a pain was the Undefeated + Speedster + No Equpment Change Run I had to do. Especially because I was super dumb and didn't realize I had like 9 Strenght Up boosts until the 3rd try to the Final Boss. Before noticing that I had no idea how could people speedrun this game because I was doing pathetic damage.

Was really nervous with the credits because I've been in this playthrough for months and I didn't know if I had made an error along the way. But yep, got the platinum. Pretty anticlimatic, but hey.

Now I don't know if I want to attempt Re:Chain of Memories, even as someone who really likes the battle system.

EDIT: The question is why am I playing this game when I am in the middle of KH3. Honestly, no idea.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got round to playing DDD. Didn't take me long to finish the main story, I expected around 40 hours for some reason, but I think I did it in closer to 16. Still need to go back and do the optional stuff as I feel I might have been a bit under levelled for Riku's final bosses, as I had some real trouble dodging
Ansem's balls (lol). They tended to home in, I had no invincible dodge (never played the card game where you apparently unlock that) and forgot I could double jump which might have helped. Though I got lucky one round and survived that attack and beat him up. The next boss fight against him was actually easier, but I hated how unresponsive my controls at points felt (as in, dodges and attacks felt like they weren't coming out, so I was sorta stuck) and the camera in this and the boss after were truly abysmal.

Otherwise I really enjoyed it. Nice new worlds (absolutely adored Fantasia), nice revisits (I hate Pinocchio as a story, but was happy at how they made it different for Sora). I didn't enjoy it as much as 2 or BBS, but liked it infinitely more than CoM.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Actually forgot to give an update to my KH progress since I bum rushed through some stuff to play KH3 on time. Kinda want to write my thoughts down on the prologue and the 1 hour movie thing on the 2.8 disc.

For Aqua's standalone game wow what a great little gem! Yeah the faces in it all felt a little off but PHEW the enviroments and enemy models as well as all the attacks looked damn great. Thought it was interesting they added a light dress up feature to Aqua to help encourage repeat playthroughs so you can get tall the accessories. But lemme get back to the gameplay. Specifically the game feel. Damn it felt good to navigate and play as Aqua in that prologue! Jumping around rooftops and gliding through the air. As well as casting blizzard and speeding through the environment. Shit felt great and got me super excited for when I played 3.

Unfortunately I did not enjoy the little change they made to Aquas meeting with Ansem. Since I feel like it reduces the impact of a previous scene shown off in Birth by Sleep. Other than that though I really enjoyed my time with it!

For that weird 1 hour movie thing that also came with the 2.8 collection. I'm guessing it's adding some context that you would get from playing the KH mobile game? While also expanding on the dynamic for the mobile games characters. I wasn't a fan of it in the end haha. Mostly cause it was just a giant ad for KH3 lol. I know I should have expected that, but I didn't so I left sad that all we got out of that was context as to where that black box everyone in KH3 is looking for came from. Along with other info.

Dang with that I'm finally done posting about my catch up with the KH series. Now all I have left to do... Is finish KH3!!!

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
I want to post about two topics but don't want to double-post, so this one will be bit longer:

1) Unpopular opinion: I think that the story and scenario writing of the KH-series is good (besides all this time travel, light vs dark, hearts and bodies talk) , because of the the following reasons:
  • It's one of the few piece of media where someone can talk stuff about "friends are my power", "being consumed by darkness", "light defeats darkness" and gets me emotional
  • It achieves that I care for every single character of this huge ensemble.
  • The devs are skilled enough to use imaginaries and symbolic in impactful ways
  • Details are not being ignored and are getting referenced even after nearly 2 decades
  • The devs know exactly how to effectively use music to increase the emotional impact of scenes
  • They devs are good in using mystery and foreeshadowing things and are able to engage a whole fandom in discussions and theories between titles.
  • And more

Because all of that, yes I consider myself that the writing is good.

2) Now few days after I reached the ending, I started to read some impressions, and there are some statements (espacially on Era of all places) that annoy me quite a bit. There are many people that don't like the story and think KH is stupid, and that is totally fine and normal. I completely understand that it is not for everyone. However, some people are attacking people that love the games by implying thinks like that "fans haven't 'grown out' of it yet", are "wired differently", "don't know what good is" and more. And some are definitely finding enjoyment when the series gets shit on by reviewers or youtubers. I just don't understand why. Why do they have a problem that this series is loved by some? Is it because that they feel insecure that they can't enjoy the series or try to talk into themselves that they are not missing out something? You see many people agreeing reviewers that the game deserves a 1of10 because of the 'shitty' story. But they don't comment a single word about the gameplay. KH is a gameplay-heavy series and basically the meat. If you think the whole packet is an 1, then it's fine. If you think KH is an 1 without knowing how the gameplay actually is and just watching some story cutscenes on YouTube, then imo that's not ok.
And then there's the think about the story continuation. Apparently some people don't understand the concept of sequels? Of course it is difficult to get into the story if you have not play the previous games. But where's the issue? This is normal to all long-going series. Do people want that long-going video game series with story continuations don't exist per se? Why should that not be a thing? The KH series was able to build up a fandom that follows the continuation and enjoys the story developments. But apparently some people want to take this enjoyment away from the existing fans and propose that every KH-game should basically be soft-reboot? But why? This series is clearly not for them.

That are my 2 cents.

OP
OP
malyse

malyse

Community Resetter
I can't get over the OST
They put in some fucking work especially in the boss battles. To avoid spoilers, let's say there was a battle with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus. The battle theme would be a mix of all three themes AND whoever gets defeated first drops out. So if Aqua falls then it's a Terra Ventus mix but Terra falling makes it Aqua Ventus mix. And then whoever is last standing gets the theme all to themselves. I hope that the OST has all the permutations of battle themes for when that happens, but I doubt it will 😢

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They put in some fucking work especially in the boss battles. To avoid spoilers, let's say there was a battle with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus. The battle theme would be a mix of all three themes AND whoever gets defeated first drops out. So if Aqua falls then it's a Terra Ventus mix but Terra falling makes it Aqua Ventus mix. And then whoever is last standing gets the theme all to themselves. I hope that the OST has all the permutations of battle themes for when that happens, but I doubt it will 😢

Oh huh. I didn't notice that on my run through. Interesting!

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I think i know what you're talking about, and it was glorious.

The game's final hours were like the composers saying how can we make everyone pumped as fuck and also bawl their eyes out with music? Because every track then starts to build up in the epicness, until the last fight. It's incredible, and the youtube rips don't make them justice at all.

We need the official release, damn it.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Have not played KH3 yet, going through Everglow's videos and this one in particular basically made me do a 180 on Days, Roxas and Xion. Previously I had only played KH1 and KH2 so have absolutely no context whatsoever at the start of the latter. No lies, there were indeed tears. Poetic that a nobody and a puppet has the biggest heart in the series. Shame that such a touching story was hidden behind one of the not-so-good games in the series. I am now firmly in the Roxas/Xion camp.

Voltt

Oct 25, 2017
I need that Saix boss theme yesterday.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping to get some help here. All this KH3 got me nostalgic for the older titles, but since I don't have a PS4 I want to get into the manga. I know Amazon would be the best place to start buying, but I'm kind of confused.

I had originally had I think either vol. 3 or 4 of the KH1 manga as a kid because I saw it in Walmart and really it. Am I wrong in saying they rereleased the manga and it's all contained to vol. 1 and 2 now so I don't need to buy a 3 and 4? Hopefully I made sense with this.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping to get some help here. All this KH3 got me nostalgic for the older titles, but since I don't have a PS4 I want to get into the manga. I know Amazon would be the best place to start buying, but I'm kind of confused.

I had originally had I think either vol. 3 or 4 of the KH1 manga as a kid because I saw it in Walmart and really it. Am I wrong in saying they rereleased the manga and it's all contained to vol. 1 and 2 now so I don't need to buy a 3 and 4? Hopefully I made sense with this.
Yen Press republished the manga in less volumes so the latest manga for KH1 should be across two volumes instead of four.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm going back to KHFM to clean up trophies and currently doing a No Equipment change, No Continue , >15hr run.

Its been going pretty well so far I'm at about 8hrs and I'm at Hallow Bastion on Maleficent 2nd form. Any suggestions here? First real point in the run where I'm struggling a bit. Granted, only took one swipe at it but with no equipment switches I feel like my options are pretty limited lol.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I notice the thing they're making in the sky looks an awful lot like the core of an aggro Demon Tide, so maybe they were putting a Demon Tide together :V

I don't think it was anything significant other than... Just Darkness Things lol

I largely wouldn't care if it wasn't for the fact that 0.2 doesn't have a bestiary.

Like I would really like an explanation for the hundred Darksides. Cause its a very big difference compared to literally every other game where seeing two is a fucking shocker.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I largely wouldn't care if it wasn't for the fact that 0.2 doesn't have a bestiary.

Like I would really like an explanation for the hundred Darksides. Cause its a very big difference compared to literally every other game where seeing two is a fucking shocker.

I really do think it was just a "Holy shit look how darknessy it is down here in the realm of darkness, look at all these fucking darksides, fuckface, you think you've seen darkness, THIS is darkness" visual device tbh

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Have not played KH3 yet, going through Everglow's videos and this one in particular basically made me do a 180 on Days, Roxas and Xion. Previously I had only played KH1 and KH2 so have absolutely no context whatsoever at the start of the latter. No lies, there were indeed tears. Poetic that a nobody and a puppet has the biggest heart in the series. Shame that such a touching story was hidden behind one of the not-so-good games in the series. I am now firmly in the Roxas/Xion camp.

I honestly liked the game, and it does a much better job than the "movie" on telling that story lol

But yeah the nobody trio had it rough :(

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay whew did my >15hr KHFM run now have to just beat it without changing equipment which is proving harder than I thought near the end game simply because it takes soooo long for anything to die lol.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
After so much time I just realized that Dark World is a parallel/mirror of End of The World.

God that world is so good.