• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Have you gotten the platinum in any Kingdom Hearts games?

• Yes! All of them!

Votes: 42 7.6%
  • I got a few. Or one.

Votes: 143 25.8%
  • No, but I got all the Secret Endings.

Votes: 115 20.8%
  • LOL.

Votes: 254 45.8%

• Total voters

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
EDIT: I DID IT! I beat Sora's story in Re:Chains of Memories! My deck was actually really good against Final Marluxia!

I'm so glad that I finished this game. I played it years ago on GBA but I never ever enjoyed it unfortunately and I still didn't have the best time.

Dang I have to play Reverse/Rebirth now... but I don't want to. But I need to.

Last edited:

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Reverse/Rebirth goes much faster since the game provides you with pre-built decks on every floor. You can't customize them though, so you need to rely on Enemy Cards to boost yourself in battles, especially since on some floors you'll get very shitty decks to work with. You can get Maleficent's card very early so abuse it all the time. And once you get Lexaeus' card you can potentially end random battles even faster with just a regular combo.

Aquova

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
I always found it weird that the optimal way to play Re:Chained in 1.5 is to watch the Days cutscenes first - that way you can unlock the extra cards. I remember the Roxas card being really good.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Well the KHUX JP story update was a whole lot of nothing; at least Ven gets briefly introduced to Player but if you were expecting answers for what's happening: lol, see you again in a few weeks.

I should be used to this by now, and yet...

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Well the KHUX JP story update was a whole lot of nothing; at least Ven gets briefly introduced to Player but if you were expecting answers for what's happening: lol, see you again in a few weeks.

I'd guess they're setting something up like, Sugar Rush is what's inside the system in the control room like what Space Paranoids was in KH2, but yeah, we're really moving at a snail's pace. Even the length of the cutscenes have been significantly decreased.

What I found really odd was that Global didn't get a single story update this month. While they did technically get 3 last month (5 at first, then 10 a few weeks later), we all thought that meant they were finally catching up? Then March goes by and there was nothing. So I wonder if they'll get anything in April, or if they'll fall back to being 6 months behind.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland

Well, you gotta remember the entire business model for the game is about dragging things as slow as possible while trying to bamboozle money outta your pocket while doing so lol.

Aquova

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
Something that's always been weird to me:

Roxas and Sora share the same character model, besides the hair and a few minor things. This is understandable given their relationship.

Roxas and Ventus are nearly identical, which also is explained.

What's weird is that this means that Sora and some random kid from aeons ago are nearly identical. The only in-game explaination for this is that since Ventus was with Sora for so long, he influenced how Sora would grow up.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
That is literally the crux of Xehanort's manipulations of Sora, especially in DDD: that he's just a puppet whose strings are being pulled by an unseen force and that everything he has is due to the influence of that same force.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
I was going through old threads on GAF to try and recall what my original KH3 prediction was. Even I was too optimistic guessing 2018, but I did find this choice post lol

unknown.png

Well, you gotta remember the entire business model for the game is about dragging things as slow as possible while trying to bamboozle money outta your pocket while doing so lol.

Name change time! Napalm_Frank

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I was going through old threads on GAF to try and recall what my original KH3 prediction was. Even I was too optimistic guessing 2018, but I did find this choice post lol

unknown.png

Name change time! Napalm_Frank

Ah, back when I was for some crazy reason optimistic for post Wada/Crystal Tools Square. Will I ever learn?

Indeed if any mod is reading this I am ready to face the consequences. For only a true Donkey_Butt could have thought that Square could develop a game without some game engine drama and other shit.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Ah, back when I was for some crazy reason optimistic for post Wada/Crystal Tools Square. Will I ever learn?

Indeed if any mod is reading this I am ready to face the consequences. For only a true Donkey_Butt could have thought that Square could develop a game without some game engine drama and other shit.
I don't know where that screenshot is from, but it sure as hell isn't valid around here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. I'm all for more moves. I felt that 3's combat felt watered down compared to 2 or BBS so hopefully this'll be more like what I wanted. Won't really help that last stretch of somewhat inspired boss fights I guess, unless they get new moves as well.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
It'd be nice if they altered enemys moves/patterns in critical for some of the end-game bosses yeah. (youngnort/xemnas/sod i'd say are fine though, they were probably the only hoard that I got caught off guard with by their patterns)

Wouldn't be the first time Osaka team's done that either. Eraqus in the English version of BBS was given more moves, which from memory came after folks mentioning that his Japanese bossfight was pretty easy.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
I can only hope that all these updates will finally lead to that new, never-before-seen world Nomura had teased for KHUX over half a year ago. The safe money's on Sugar Rush from Wreck-it Ralph due to some hints he's given, but we could always be thrown a curve ball.

traveler

Oct 26, 2017

It's all in good fun. I was just joking. You can keep Napalm Frank, though Donkey Butt might be an upgrade..... :P

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I can only hope that all these updates will finally lead to that new, never-before-seen world Nomura had teased for KHUX over half a year ago. The safe money's on Sugar Rush from Wreck-it Ralph due to some hints he's given, but we could always be thrown a curve ball.
Honestly I assumed that would be where they would lead into this month, but with that screenshot anything could happen at this point.

Wreck-It Ralph ties in perfectly with the data simulation and bugs affecting it too.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Wreck It Ralph has one of the coolest world transitions/tie ins i've seen since Tron. You literally go into the main computer, chasing a darkling leading into the world reveal.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if there will be a new keyblade to go with the world.

Can't wait for Sonic to make an appearance.

Lupin Ocelot

Nov 5, 2017
United Kingdom
Makes me wonder if Yozora will be connected to all the data shenanigans they're setting up in KHUX. So at this point I think it's that, because apparently he's a video game character, unless he's actually real...

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017

Nomura has this amazing ability to make things so rediculously convoluted and confusing at times.

Last edited:

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I think that's largely in part because Everglow's translation isn't too good. goldpanner's translations for KHInsider make a lot more sense, although they don't have a video up yet.

https://www.khinsider.com/news/-SPOILERS-Union-X-Source-of-the-Abnormalities-15119
Yeah I was hoping that was the case, but honestly even with KHInsiders clear translations the Malificent quest was similar to this, just overall very confusing and added so much explaination onto something that could have been explained perhaps a bit more simply so it wouldn't suprise me if this is a similar case and not really the fault of the translation.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
I think this means that KHUX is a video game, but other than that, I didn't really follow
They moved to a different worldline after the Keyblade War and turned the worlds that the Keyblade Wielders into data, so Union X took place in a data simulation featuring events that the player had already been through.

Shortly after a murder and an mole, the data simulation started to glitch so Ephemer and the player went into their control room to find the solution and chased a darkling, which led them to Tron 2.0, a.k.a. Grand Central Station.

Whether they'll keep the video game references alive for Wreck-it-Ralph or forego them for more data relevant material has yet to be seen. Maybe the control centre Ephemer has is connected to the local games arcade in Daybreak town lol

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Ironically despite my dislike of Days I would argue it was the last game in the series with somewhat consistently decentish writing. Far from perfect but still.

Even BBS that I consider to be a better game really doesn't have good writing or overall plot outside of few moments. Days has a decent buidup and character relationships. Xion is a trash character after they brought her back but I'll buy Days Trio ice cream friendship over Terra+Aqua+Ven friendship any day.

I don't particularly like any BBS character outside of MX, I kinda was invested in Roxas, Xion and Axel.

Oct 25, 2017
Late I know but I just learned the localization left out a vital detail in Xehanort's motive. He wanted to create an "empty world" to rule over so that nobody could access darkness and be corrupted. Meaning he was still planning to purge everyone.
Not sure how that got lost.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I really feel like... it.. didn't.. get lost? I keep seeing this sentiment and i'm genuinely not being difficult, I sincerely don't see where it wasn't stated:

Sora: "What's gonna happen?"

Xehanort: "A purge... The World will be returned whence it started..."

"The Light of Kingdom Hearts can give us a new start; an empty World, pure and bright."

"The World needs someone to stand up and lead. Someone strong, to stop the weak from polluting the world with their endless darkness. Someone to dictate their destiny."

Deleted member 49770

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2018
I also think that line about "the weak polluting the world with their endless darkness" is a strange thing to come from someone who spent an entire other game being the ultimate hype man for darkness.

Like I buy that it was all in the name of balance, but in BbS it felt like his solution was "more darkness" whereas he implies at the end of 3 that it was actually "just reset everything." It still doesn't feel consistent imo.

Psxphile

Oct 27, 2017
Being split in half then reborn must have really messed with him, lol.

EDIT: KHInsider's attempt at making sense of KHUX per the new update:

D4OsYmrUwAEPT5B.jpg

D4OsYmnUYAEovqc.jpg

D4OsYmjVUAEYXBg.jpg

basically, pre-war can't visit past versions of "worlds"/lands outside Daybreak because it was too far too walk or some shit so boom, future world projections you can visit via keyblade

post war, worlds become an actual thing but we need to keep visiting future versions of those worlds for reasons so here's some data copies you can visit now. Also a data copy of Daybreak so Dandelions have a hub to return to.

Union Leaders stay in real Daybreak to monitor and guide their fellow Dandelions, may or may not have been transported lock, stock and barrel into data Daybreak without their knowledge.

And all this, of course, is without adding in the so-called "Unchained realm / other world-line" detail that they're currently in where the war never happened.

Last edited: