• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Ay, after downloading the first update, go to "check for latest update" again. You should get another patch 1.05 that's 3 gigs.

HiroTSK5

One Winged Slayer
Nov 4, 2017
None of the abilities you start with are damage boosters so I guess Keyblade upgrades are the only way to increase damage in Lvl 1 runs.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Can someone post the Critical-only ability list and their effects?

You start with basically full mobility (3 air dashes, all the flowmotion stuff, etc), a bunch of reprisals and counters.

Three new abilities to start:
Critical Counter (reprisals do more damage if you time your block to the instant the enemy attacks instead of leading it)
Critical Converter (disables Attraction Flow, excluding story mandatory ones)
Critical Charge (Situation commands you earn from Keyblade combos charge faster if you're out of MP)

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
I just got this when I booted up my 100% save.

D44qc5fWwAAfWna.jpg

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
You start with basically full mobility (3 air dashes, all the flowmotion stuff, etc), a bunch of reprisals and counters.

Three new abilities to start:
Critical Counter (reprisals do more damage if you time your block to the instant the enemy attacks instead of leading it)
Critical Converter (disables Attraction Flow, excluding story mandatory ones)
Critical Charge (Situation commands you earn from Keyblade combos charge faster if you're out of MP)
Cool, thanks!

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Its critical mode alright, died a couple times to the tutorial boss.

HiroTSK5

One Winged Slayer
Nov 4, 2017
Here's the starting ability list
Actions:

Aerial Recovery
Block
Counter Slash
Counter Impact
Counter Kick
Fatal Blow
Risk Dodge
Rising Spiral
Groundbreaker
Sonic Slash
Buzz Saw
Somersault
Sonic Cleave

Mobility:
Dodge Role
Air Slide x 3
Aerial Dodge
Wall Kick
Pole Spin
Pole Swing
Super Slide x 3

Support:
Zero Exp
Scan
Assist Friends
Magic Lock-On
Combo Master
Damage Control
Critical Counter
Critical Recharge
Critical Converter

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Already died 3 times thanks to the fire things in Olympus lol

That prepare and retry feature is going to get mileage for sure.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Half HP & MP, balance changes, some new abilities (haven't seen a list yet) supposedly geared at more technical/tactical play, some enemy/boss behaviours changed.

Thanks.

Though honestly, I feel like Critical mode needs more than just stat and ability changes. The combat seems almost entirely designed around room clears. Be interesting to try this out when I have time.

HiroTSK5

One Winged Slayer
Nov 4, 2017
I think you keep any exp you gained when you die, because I'm on round three with the second batch of Fireballs and just leveled up.

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
I've actually died like 8 times against the tutorial boss, holy shit lol. Maybe I should have gone with Vitality/Guardian at the start lol.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
For the record, I don't know if you just need a cleared save file to get Proof of Promises, or if the requirement is something else. Maybe from getting every lucky emblem based on the item description?

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that I can't play / update my PS4 right now

Here's the starting ability list
Actions:

Aerial Recovery
Block
Counter Slash
Counter Impact
Counter Kick

Fatal Blow
Risk Dodge