• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Seems like KH3 will have critical mode coming soon.

Can't post the tweets since they have a spoiler area and other spoilers

Dataminer was even able to set his game on critical.

On critical you apparently receive 3x Damage and deal 1.5-2x Damage to enemies, half MP and less HP.

Another interesting detail is
Aqua has a brand new idle icon for the HUD in the files. Right now the game only uses a "in battle" icon during her brief battle

7th_heaven

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Seems like KH3 will have critical mode coming soon.

Can't post the tweets since they have a spoiler area and other spoilers

Dataminer was even able to set his game on critical.

On critical you apparently receive 3x Damage and deal 1.5-2x Damage to enemies, half MP and less HP.

Another interesting detail is
Aqua has a brand new idle icon for the HUD in the files. Right now only uses battle icon during her brief battle
Oh really? WE deal 1.5-2x Damage to enemies?

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
The damage modifier is great but half MP is a terrible idea. You couldn't do shit in .2 with MP because of how little you had. Don't make the same mistake SE. Obviously it's not a complete thing but still half MP is bad. Don't gimp options to make the game harder.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
KH3 being too easy was it's biggest flaw imo, just like XV, what's with Square not giving us Hard modes at launch, looking at Nintendo too.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

LoxBAX2.png

logash

Oct 27, 2017
If there was ever a KH game that needed a critical mode it's this one. It is the easiest Proud mode in the entire series and kind of effected my overall enjoyment of the game.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Not much of a fan of half MP. Hopefully they let us disable Rage Form in the future.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, thats nice.

Now for the attractions.........

Honestly, thats one of my biggest complaints. There is too many systems that you can use that negate actually having to fight in battle.

It would be nice to balance the game around that tbh.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
If double damage is a thing then this critical is at least better than 0.2's.

Which was a travesty cause you had so much less health but things hit harder and you didn't. That shit was atrocious.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
please please please, either be a free update or a final mix type of deal. Sorry Square, but I'm not paying 5 or 10 bucks for critical mode on it's own.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes, I wanted a critical mode but there's a huge jump between proud and critical.

Kind of pissed that it's already in the game and they just didn't include it from the start. Some people like to 100%/Plat on a single playthrough. It'd be annoying to have to redo non battle system stuff like the flans or lucky emblems on critical just to max out the journal again.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Also that idle animation makes it really fucking obvious Aqua was supposed to be player 2 for KH3.

If 0.2 wasn't obvious enough.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Also that idle animation makes it really fucking obvious Aqua was supposed to be player 2 for KH3.

If 0.2 wasn't obvious enough.
0.2 was kind of a waste of time imo, just like ground zeroes, it should have been implemented into the main game as the prologue, then it would have been much easier to have Aqua in the game as playable, i bet 0.2 uses a way earlier version of UE4 so it's probably harder to port Aqua over then we think.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fear her icon means nothing. Didn't KH I had Bahamut summon in its files and KH II had toy story characters?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
0.2 was kind of a waste of time imo, just like ground zeroes, it should have been implemented into the main game as the prologue, then it would have been much easier to have Aqua in the game as playable, i bet 0.2 uses a way earlier version of UE4 so it's probably harder to port Aqua over then we think.
But they can port a section of her unique world and all of her bosses?

Sure.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know people are fearing the idea of having a lower MP bar but isn't there an ability that lowers the cost amount for casting? I think that can help a little even if it's a little unideal and was probably an ability implemented to counteract that plus Remy's food which allows you to increase your stats anyway.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
"KH3 wasn't rushed" they said, but Critical is in but not properly made, so how you explain that.