• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Well, that's fantastic.

Would loooooooooooove the 1 and 2 soundtracks even more.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Wait....2.8!!?

Like 0.2 tracks!!!? Holy fuck, they are right there! Is this the first time these songs have been available? Is this also the first time these songs have been named?

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
www.youtube.com

Heroes' Gathering

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupHeroes' Gathering · Takeharu IshimotoKINGDOM HEARTS - III, II.8, Unchained χ & Union χ (Cross) –℗ 2020 Walt Disne...
aaaa

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yoko Shimomura is a goddess. She was the reason I wanted to be a composer when I was younger.

Anyway, I wonder why the team decided to lean heavily on Rage Awakened for the final boss. Not that I particularly mind; Rage Awakened is amazing. I just associate Lingering Will with Rage Awakened moreso than Xehanort.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Save for a handful of songs, I felt KH3's soundtrack was super weak while plating it. Now I can give it a solid listen to to see if I feel the same.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
It's out on Tidal as well if anyone has the hifi subscription for higher CD audio quality streaming.

Tidal

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Save for a handful of songs, I felt KH3's soundtrack was super weak while plating it. Now I can give it a solid listen to to see if I feel the same.
The ReMIND boss themes are so good, as are lots of the themes in the ending section of the main game. Honestly the Disney songs are not the highlights of any KH OST imo.

And The main problem with KH3's non-Disney music is that it relies way too much on past music. Not that it was bad. I think literally every great song I like was a remix from a past game. Even Xehanort's final battle theme, the main villain of the series, isn't his own. It's a remix of Terranort's.

I'll let it slide since it was a big culmination of the series, and you fight many of the same characters so it makes sense that the themes would be remixes. But when we fight new villains next time, be it the Ancient Keyblade Masters or whoever, I'm gonna need some NEW themes from Shimomura that are on par with the greatness she's given us in the past

Dreamchaserhg

Sep 3, 2019
The ReMIND boss themes are so good, as are lots of the themes in the ending section of the main game. Honestly the Disney songs are not the highlights of any KH OST imo.

And The main problem with KH3's non-Disney music is that it relies way too much on past music. Not that it was bad. I think literally every great song I like was a remix from a past game. Even Xehanort's final battle theme, the main villain of the series, isn't his own. It's a remix of Terranort's.

I'll let it slide since it was a big culmination of the series, and you fight many of the same characters so it makes sense that the themes would be remixes. But when we fight new villains next time, be it the Ancient Keyblade Masters or whoever, I'm gonna need some NEW themes from Shimomura that are on par with the greatness she's given us in the past
I Feel like the epilogue track is a preview of the style of the OST of the future games (at least for the keyblade masters).

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, upon playing KH 3 for the 1st time, I was a bit down on its soundtrack, but this OST slaps hard.

Dark Domination still sucks though.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Holy shit, they actually altered a bunch of songs. Was listening to Replicas and it sounds soooo much nicer than before for some reason.

Also, I've been waiting to listen to the Master of Masters' theme for almost 4 years now. Can't believe it's here.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Just bought the digital album. Gonna have to change a bunch of artist tags to the appropriate arrangers though. That's gonna be some work...

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yeah, Dark Domination sounds like they forgot they still need a final boss track and had Takeharu Ishimoto whip something up quickly and cheap. The synth orchestra just sounds bad and grating imo. This is in stark contrast to Yasunori Nishiki's Forza Finale which is awesome.

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
The Spotify link in the OP works for me but strangely I can't find the album if I search for "Kingdom Hearts" in the app...

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yoko Shimomura is a goddess. She was the reason I wanted to be a composer when I was younger.

Anyway, I wonder why the team decided to lean heavily on Rage Awakened for the final boss. Not that I particularly mind; Rage Awakened is amazing. I just associate Lingering Will with Rage Awakened moreso than Xehanort.

The mix with Destati in Dark Domination is perfect. It's intense and dramatic, and quite nostalgic. Absolutely love Kh3's OST.

XBlade

Oct 26, 2017
I agree with some that Dark Domination was a dissapointing track for the final boss. To be honest besides some of the more electronic like songs, I'm not a fan of most of takeharu ishimoto's songs in this.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
So, do I need to listen to this to play KH4? 😕

Don't forget.

SPOILERS A special conversation before KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 BBS revealed at First Breath concert! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Kingdom Hearts Insider - the largest kingdom hearts community and news resource on the web!

Glad I'm not the only one who dislikes that track. Such a disappointing track for a final boss in an otherwise great soundtrack.

It's the sound mixing, it's far too bombastic.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Having all the Re MIND data battle themes not from YouTube rips is sooooo good.