• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
January 25th (January 29th for the West)

-1.01 patch
-Memory Archive videos (same ones on the Japanese Youtube)

January 26th (January 30th for the West)

-Epilogue added (To watch the Epilogue, you need to finish the game)

January 31st (same for the West)

-Secret movie added (To watch the Secret movie, you need to finish the game and meet certain requirements. The requirements vary depending on the difficulty you select)

https://support.jp.square-enix.com/...&tag=8a0f0fc43475e0f3ff8aea3ae5aa536aacc57d3d

Here is US schedule tweet

*These pieces of downloadable content are additional elements for #KingdomHearts III
*The main game allows players to proceed to and view the ending without the need for an internet connection.

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Interesting, so the epilogue will be available at WW launch.

The epilogue and secret movie will probably be sequel bait if KH2 is anything to go by. Not gonna pin my hopes on this at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so that was how they were combatting leaks, decent idea. If y'know, not great for those with absolutely no internet.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What is a memory archive!?

Pretty interesting that the secret movie will only be added 2 days after the release...something really cool must happen in it.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Ah, so that was how they were combatting leaks, decent idea. If y'know, not great for those with absolutely no internet.

Not everyone in the world will be able to be taken care of and made happy. There's no great way of combating leaks and spoilers, and this is a new idea and attempt. And lets face it, the main market and target audience for all these major games have internet in some way. Unfortunate for those that don't, but unfortunately not everyone can be taken care of, and they are not in the target audience.someones always going to be left behind.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, I'm expecting the secret movie to be more like The Gathering and not a battle scene like Another Side and Birth by Sleep were.

I think they will use again the tease > longer tease formula like in past numbered titles.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Oh that's cool, that probably would be better off in the review version of the game, since it is a way to know about the series before KH3,, and I'm sure reviewers will talk about that.
Wouldn't be surprised if reviewers already saw an early version of this stuff.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not everyone in the world will be able to be taken care of and made happy. There's no great way of combating leaks and spoilers, and this is a new idea and attempt. And lets face it, the main market and target audience for all these major games have internet in some way. Unfortunate for those that don't, but unfortunately not everyone can be taken care of, and they are not in the target audience.someones always going to be left behind.
Reminds me of the time that one MS guy got fired for saying something like this on twitter

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How is removing the secret ending and epilogue going to stop leaks? The rest of the game is still on the disc and can be spoiled still. The logic for this is completely idiotic.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OP listed the JPN update schedule. Posted the entire twitter thread about it. 5 tweets.

here is the US update schedule

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
What does this mean? No spoilers please.
1489546941974.gif

OP listed the JPN update schedule. Posted the entire twitter thread about it. 5 tweets.

here is the US update schedule

I really don't get the point in the split schedule at all.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still confused as to why they have 2 release dates for this game. Why not release the game at the same time globally? Doesn't make any sense to me...

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The ending is kind of the biggest and most important bit of a story. Do you really want the ending, of all things, spoiled before the game releases?
Maybe to you. Personally I'd rather nothing get spoiled but that doesn't mean I want the entire game not on the disc. Cutting story content for players like this and making it a download is absurd.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have a better idea? You could leave the endings in and let fans that have been waiting get spoiled pre-release? It's bad enough that the game leaked so early, but at least the ending is still kept safe.
I dont but it is what it is. Kind of weird to remove something out the game to resolve spoilers unless you download it

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe to you. Personally I'd rather nothing get spoiled but that doesn't mean I want the entire game not on the disc. Cutting story content for players like this and making it a download is absurd.

I'd rather wait a couple days for a free patch and get the secret ending with said patch than have some asshole steal the game off the back of a truck a month early and spoil everything.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get people complaining about the epilogue being downloadable, like it's going to affect them.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What's ironic is they complained about the game having no side or post-game content and then they fucking went and actually found a shit tonne of side and post-game content.

It's almost like letting random Redditors with literal stolen copies of a game dictate the entire public discussion about said game before its release is a stupid idea.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
This game certainly don't feel rushed, not at all....
I'm still mad about the English only dub for a mainline entry.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
It's almost like letting random Redditors with literal stolen copies of a game dictate the entire public discussion about said game before its release is a stupid idea.
Yep. An absolute fool and it's awful because people have formed opinions based on his idiocy and false statements.

I can't believe there's another two weeks before the game is out and this is all over.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This game certainly don't feel rushed, not at all....
I'm still mad about the English only dub for a mainline entry.
Irony or...?

Yep. An absolute fool and it's awful because people have formed opinions based on his idiocy and false statements.

I can't believe there's another two weeks before the game is out and this is all over.

It's totally ridiculous, and the fact that these people come here to this thread with their "opinions" based on leaks is even worse. Disgusting.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
I get you being cute but I mean are we talking story issues, gameplay issues, lack of side content?
Don't worry, it's one person that is completely exaggerating about side content, but 10 hours after finishing the game he is still playing and finding new things.

Not going any further to derail this thread but rest assure there are no gameplay problems.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'd rather wait a couple days for a free patch and get the secret ending with said patch than have some asshole steal the game off the back of a truck a month early and spoil everything.
Like I already said, removing the epilogue and secret ending isn't going to stop spoilers from happening when the rest of the game is on there, so acting like this actually solves anything besides satisfying people who think a post game ending is the only thing that matters is silly and makes people have to waste their time and bandwidth downloading stuff that should just be on the disc to begin with.