• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
Epilogue the day after both releases, but the secret ending on the 31st for all regions? Doesn't really give the global audience enough time to naturally get it if the parameters for unlocking it go beyond "beat the game".

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not everyone in the world will be able to be taken care of and made happy. There's no great way of combating leaks and spoilers, and this is a new idea and attempt. And lets face it, the main market and target audience for all these major games have internet in some way. Unfortunate for those that don't, but unfortunately not everyone can be taken care of, and they are not in the target audience.someones always going to be left behind.
This is some straight up bs. I used to live in a country where internet wasn't that great and Im a big KH fan since 2002. If i was still living there you're telling me im not the target audience because im living there.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Why? Every single game nowadays has day one patches.

So if I were to play this in 15 years or whatever without HDD data, I wouldn't have the ending on the disc and the download server may not exist. that's not ok to me.

I don't mind bugfixes and extras being DLC, but the ending of the game being that way is kinda a nono to me

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like I already said, removing the epilogue and secret ending isn't going to stop spoilers from happening when the rest of the game is on there, so acting like this actually solves anything besides satisfying people who think a post game ending is the only thing that matters is silly and makes people have to waste their time and bandwidth downloading stuff that should just be on the disc to begin with.
Straight up. Its going to happen anyways. Not understanding why people think its a solution

Kingsora

May 19, 2018
This is some straight up bs. I used to live in a country where internet wasn't that great and Im a big KH fan since 2002. If i was still living there you're telling me im not the target audience because im living there.
Honest question.

What country in 2019 that sells the newest video games in stores doesn't have good enough internet that you can't download a 400 mb patch?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So if I were to play this in 15 years or whatever without HDD data, I wouldn't have the ending on the disc and the download server may not exist. that's not ok to me.

I don't mind bugfixes and extras being DLC, but the ending of the game being that way is kinda a nono to me

The ending is on the disc. The secret ending is the trailer for the next game. Nomura is just weirdly attached to using the words "secret ending" for "video that is not at all mandatory for the main game and teases the next one".

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017

The ending does exist in the game and on the disc. It's the teaser for the next game that you won't have access to. It's not like Spyro where you'd only have access to one out of three games, you'd just be missing a maybe 3 minute clip.

Kingsora

May 19, 2018

It's not 'the ending' that is missing. The ending is still in the game. You won't see the teaser for KH4. A game that will be released within 15 years (probably :p) so you'll be fine.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Really dumb to make part of the ending downloadable.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It's just videos, if that worst case scenario were to happen you can just YouTube it

Eien1no1Yami

Oct 30, 2017

Sorry to ask you this but are you familiar with the franchise?
The movies that they will add is not the ending.The game has an ending in the disc.
These movies are after credits scenes that tease the next entry.You can view it as a teaser trailer for KH4.
it's very similar to the after credits scenes in Marvel movies.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Ending
Epilogue
Secret Ending

are 3 separate things in Kingdom Hearts
The epilogue is not the ending. The game has an ending. The epilogue is bonus content and the secret ending is the trailer for whatever the series is doing next.
The OP doesn't include the additional information:

"The main game allows players to proceed to and view the ending without the need for an internet connection."

right, thanks.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
31 jan? But what if i beat it earlier? Cuz aint got time for sleep when the game i waited a decade for comes out.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I'm pissed that we still do not know their plans for DLC. I like to know before buying the game.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
31 jan? But what if i beat it earlier? Cuz aint got time for sleep when the game i waited a decade for comes out.
You waited a decade, whats 1 or 2 more days?
I'm pissed that we still do not know their plans for DLC. I like to know before buying the game.
Unfortunately all we know is it won't involve a season pass. Id expect information on this around the release date or shortly after.
I'm sort of disappointed that the epilogue will be online by the time the game releases outside of Japan. Seems like that's the only region that they're really concerned with when it comes to the epilogue being spoiled.

I guess it comes down to the game not having a simultaneous worldwide release, but it still sucks.
Ironic considering how much Japan don't care about spoilers.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sort of disappointed that the epilogue will be online by the time the game releases outside of Japan. Seems like that's the only region that they're really concerned with when it comes to the epilogue being spoiled.

I guess it comes down to the game not having a simultaneous worldwide release, but it still sucks.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to ask you this but are you familiar with the franchise?
The movies that they will add is not the ending.The game has an ending in the disc.
These movies are after credits scenes that tease the next entry.You can view it as a teaser trailer for KH4.
it's very similar to the after credits scenes in Marvel movies.

I haven't played a KH game since the PS2.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The epilogue isn't. An epilogue is part of a story.
ehhh if it was an essential part of the story in KH3 it would have stayed on the disk. The game can likely be played start to finish without the impressions something has been removed at the end (unless you are aware of the epilogue already)
What do you mean by "save the day"?
Ignore the terrible thread derail attempt.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
hmm secret ending being locked again makes me wonder if I should play the game on proud instead of my planned Normal(1st Run)/Critical (2nd run). I don't think I've ever seen a secret ending of a kh game first on my TV as opposed to some random youtube channel. hmmmm

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Then I'm not sure why you even care so much about how easy it will be to see the ending for a game that you're not even going to be invested in the story will be.

Because it wouldn't have been a complete game I could go back and play 10 years later?
Like, you know, KH1 and KH2 are? I could go play them right now on my PS2 or rip the discs and play on an emulator.

Obviously I was mistaken, but since your hypothetical is that I was not and the ending was missing, I would have thought the issue didn't need explaining.

Oct 25, 2017
Because it wouldn't have been a complete game I could go back and play 10 years later?
Like, you know, KH1 and KH2 are? I could go play them right now on my PS2 or rip the discs and play on an emulator.

Obviously I was mistaken, but since your hypothetical is that I was not and the ending was missing, I would have thought the issue didn't need explaining.

I would point out that if you go back and play Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 on the PS2, they're not actually complete games by this same standard, because of the secret endings added with the final mixes (as well as other story content and optional boss fights).

Playing Kingdom Hearts 3 in 15 years on a fresh install with no internet access will be just like playing 1 or 2 based on the original PS2 versions. It will get you everything that was on the disc at launch, but you'll be missing on the extra story content and balance fixes.