• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Oh God not another secret movie .. please let this have a definitive end to Sora's story arc.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If the next Kingdom Hearts is IV then yeah, it's probably waaaay far off, but this could also be a teaser for the next spin off if there's one.
KH2's secret ending was a teaser for BBS, so this is actually pretty likely. Maybe we'll get a side game that covers some of the gap between Chi and BBS, since KHUX is telling a different story.

Jadentheman

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
they have pretty nice style, but very short and it only goes over few key points.
Oh that's cool, that probably would be better off in the review version of the game, since it is a way to know about the series before KH3,, and I'm sure reviewers will talk about that.
Short and barebones

Better to play story so far on PS4 lol

It's something but not as meaty in details though

Better off watch the massive 63 hour and counting Timeline video from Everglow which is almost finishing

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wait so....looking at the first post the finished game doesnt even have an ending and they have to patch it into the game on release day? What?

Are they trying to have the Internet avoid spoilers or something?

The tweets literally say the game has an ending regardless of whether you have an internet connection or not.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Or maybe they meant the first Xehanort and there's 12 more "Xehanort Sagas" coming 👀

2QP7.gif

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
Was kinda hoping they'd do away with the whole "gotta play on the super duper hard mode to see this thing!!!!" but I guess there's always Youtube.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Was kinda hoping they'd do away with the whole "gotta play on the super duper hard mode to see this thing!!!!" but I guess there's always Youtube.

They probably won't make you play on Critical this time. That kind of stuff is usually for Final Mixes specifically when the difficulty is tuned around double-dippers looking for a challenge.

Clearing the game on Proud Mode will probably make it easier to unlock though.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
At the very least it lets us know that the Dream Eaters aren't just tossed aside. Sora still has a connection with them. Which is obviously expanded upon on by the fact they are a summon in KH3. I don't see the problem.
They were never going to get tossed aside, Nomura reuses characters and concepts too much to throw them away, especially ones that play a pivotal narrative and gameplay role, on top of him still using said concept in KHx. It's not a problem, you can add value to the scene and see it as a teaser on top of being an epilogue. But this discussion happened because I disagreed that these scenes were throw away or detached from the main narrative and are okay to ignore, when they're not. They are appropriate book ends to each game's story, which is what an epilogue is.

ImTheQueen

Jan 10, 2019
They were never going to get tossed aside, Nomura reuses characters and concepts too much to throw them away, especially ones that play a pivotal narrative and gameplay role, on top of him still using said concept in KHx. It's not a problem, you can add value to the scene and see it as a teaser on top of being an epilogue. But this discussion happened because I disagreed that these scenes were throw away or detached from the main narrative and are okay to ignore, when they're not. They are appropriate book ends to each game's story, which is what an epilogue is.

Sure, I'm just saying the Dream Eater scene serves some purpose. I think is a very explicit/definitive nod like 'yeah you will see these things again'. Wouldn't call it nonsense.

To your point, I think these types of scenes in more recent KH games have been moving towards giving additional context to the overarching story in addition to hints at the future. That in conjunction with Nomura himself stating epilogue and secret movie are the biggest spoilers in this game leads me to believe that these movies will have some major content pertaining to the KH3 story and the overarching Kingdom Hearts story as a whole. But who knows.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So is everything assuming there will be another KH3 release down the line?

It's being forgotten that KH1 and KH2 came out in a time where there was no means of DLC or patches. The FM content only came with FM.

With This new Gen, they can literally patch in and provide DLC for whatever they want. There is no need for another full release.

Deleted member 42686

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2018
It's sad that the game it self doesn't include the secret ending and epilogue.

It's nice that they will launch in a free update later, but this is very concerning. Even more when you take in count how much of time they spend to release that game.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 the 2.5 collection. Maybe I had some sort of weird glitch? I'm 100% sure it wasn't present as an option when I started.
you just weren't paying attention. I just started up a critical playthrough of KH2FM, last time I played 2 was on PS2 over 10 years ago. it's 100% an option from the get go on PS4. that being said i could see critical being an unlock as it was for 0.2 as it's the most recent release. unless someone knows for sure from having an early copy this seems like a safe assumption. I'm not worried about doing a first run on critical
no direct trophy for it either

more importantly does anyone know when the pre-load is?

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
It's sad that the game it self doesn't include the secret ending and epilogue.

It's nice that they will launch in a free update later, but this is very concerning. Even more when you take in count how much of time they spend to release that game.

They left them out intentionally so it wouldn't be spoiled for people before launch, not because they couldn't finish the cutscenes in time.

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
So if I were to play this in 15 years or whatever without HDD data, I wouldn't have the ending on the disc and the download server may not exist. that's not ok to me.

I don't mind bugfixes and extras being DLC, but the ending of the game being that way is kinda a nono to me
I really don't believe Sony or Square Enix will cease to exist in 15 years, this reasoning makes no sense at all and by that premise, you'll be missing out a lot of games since most doesn't have a GOTY version...

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
You'll be lucky if you get any FF characters at this point.

I was joking :|

So if I were to play this in 15 years or whatever without HDD data, I wouldn't have the ending on the disc and the download server may not exist. that's not ok to me.

I don't mind bugfixes and extras being DLC, but the ending of the game being that way is kinda a nono to me

You would end up buying or playing the remaster version of the game on whatever platform is available during that time

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't believe Sony or Square Enix will cease to exist in 15 years, this reasoning makes no sense at all and by that premise, you'll be missing out a lot of games since most doesn't have a GOTY version...

Most games don't put their ending as DLC (and as it turns out neither does this, but that was the point). So I wouldn't miss out on anything except maybe Asura's Wrath.

And while I fully believe Square and Sony will be around in 15 years, blindly believing that they will keep the download servers up for a 15 year old game is not for me.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most games don't put their ending as DLC (and as it turns out neither does this, but that was the point). So I wouldn't miss out on anything except maybe Asura's Wrath.

And while I fully believe Square and Sony will be around in 15 years, blindly believing that they will keep the download servers up for a 15 year old game is not for me.

I mean, if it's a video that made you worry about the future of DLCs and patches then I have some very bad news for you.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, can't even finish the game after 14 years of waiting.
Yeah I will so wait for all the DLC to be released. I am curious if this will be another Final Fantasy 15 situation (probably not). But I want all the DLC and endings released before diving into it.

Any infos about paid DLC?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018

I think Squenix is playing people for the fool if they believe there won't be a rerelease of this game later down the line with the ending on disc.

Swift_Gamer

Banned
Dec 14, 2018
Rio de Janeiro

It's not an ending, just a tie in to the next game/saga. Still, way too silly in my opinion. This is like saying you won't watch a netflix show because in 15 years the show might not be available because netflix is gone.
Well, to each their own.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I like this decision. We can't get all the spoilers but there's at least something I can shield myself from