• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
100 Acre Woods got such a short stick this time around :(
Kingdom Heart 2's execution was really nice, so I'm sad to see it got bummed here.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
It's funny some people are loving it since it reminds of the older KH games lol.
Yeah, I do. I don't really care for the bigger worlds if the story doesn't take advantage of it. Good for people who like to explore, but for me who doesn't care for it the biggest worlds have provided the shortest story. Take San Fransokyo, big world but storywise one of the shortest with my beat time being less than two hours.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
I remember people being super down on the frozen world. I just beat it and thought it was great. Is it just that one Olaf section that takes 5 minutes?

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
KH3's post game is pretty weak compared to KH1 and 2's vanilla post game. I don't think the you-know-what's are much outside of ways to farm for materials fast.

Also, a minor nitpick on the series, but some of these minigames have to go.

post game non-story spoilers:
I like the idea of battlegates showing up on worlds that allow us to fight tougher enemies, but you're mainly fighting waves of stuff you've already killed plenty of times but with just more health. It's cool you see the return of certain nobody types from KH2 with way more health than they had before. I guess they're supposed to be bosses? I think I would've preferred actual bosses like Dark Inferno.

Maybe the game could've benefited from a Coliseum? I dunno how I'd fix it aside from adding more than one actual boss

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
I just realized that after twenty hours playtime I've only had to fight twice with the gummi ship

tenor.gif

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I've been trying to take a bunch of selfies with a bunch of the Disney characters. Does anybody know where I can find any of the Pirates characters after finishing the level? Or are they just not around at all?

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My wife wants to play 3 but has only played the first one and that was ages ago. Would the collection that's for sale on PSN (that comes with 3) provide everything necessary to understand wth is going on all the way up to 3?

Alox12

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 23, 2019
KH3's post game is pretty weak compared to KH1 and 2's vanilla post game. I don't think the you-know-what's are much outside of ways to farm for materials fast.

Also, a minor nitpick on the series, but some of these minigames have to go.

post game non-story spoilers:
I like the idea of battlegates showing up on worlds that allow us to fight tougher enemies, but you're mainly fighting waves of stuff you've already killed plenty of times but with just more health. It's cool you see the return of certain nobody types from KH2 with way more health than they had before. I guess they're supposed to be bosses? I think I would've preferred actual bosses like Dark Inferno.

Maybe the game could've benefited from a Coliseum? I dunno how I'd fix it aside from adding more than one actual boss
KH2 only had Sephiroth and tournaments (which sucked). KH3 has things that make up for those plus collectibles, side quests and minigames.

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I do want the arena back, honestly. It's the one thing the game is missing for me.
Lets hope the final mix like expansion and free updates come close to kh2fm. And adds that kind of content and more.

Also critical mode patch when level 1 is just too tedious i tried it and the bosses take so long its insane kh2fm atleast gave you acceptable damage on level 1 runs against bosses. 3 tho nope and proud feels a bit too easy. So level 1 balance patch would be neat aswell.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Even though our version (=not the Japanese version) was actually a sort of pre-Final Mix. Iirc, the Japanese version only had Sephiroth and cups.

Sephiroth, Kurt Zisa and Phantom were all added to the Western version. None of that was in the Japanese launch version, and it's actually WHY Final Mix exists, hah.

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
Sephiroth, Kurt Zisa and Phantom were all added to the Western version. None of that was in the Japanese launch version, and it's actually WHY Final Mix exists, hah.

Oh wow. I actually forgot this. I had assumed it was something similar to FFX and how FFX International was different with more content.

That all said, I guess the post-game stuff is honestly comparable to vanilla KH2, except without Sephiroth. Instead you get a dude with skates.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Playing the Frozen world now. Why didn't Tangled get this "sing-a-long" treatment? :/

Holy crap this bias.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else absolutely HATE Donald and Goofy? I never could stand them since the first game. Every time they open their mouths I wanna slap them.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I freaking loved Monstropolis. A good part of it could just be because I adore Monsters Inc, but the whole world was simply a joy.
I laughed my ass of at the ending cutscene. Mike and Sully having no patience for Vanitas's bullshit was amazing.

And am I the only one who had some trouble with the boss? He actually killed me a few times until I finally got the hang of his attack pattern, it was definitely the best boss fight so far.

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
I freaking loved Monstropolis. A good part of it could just be because I adore Monsters Inc, but the whole world was simply a joy.
I laughed my ass of at the ending cutscene. Mike and Sully having no patience for Vanitas's bullshit was amazing.

And am I the only one who had some trouble with the boss? He actually killed me a few times until I finally got the hang of his attack pattern, it was definitely the best boss fight so far.
The boss had an amazing song. I personally have loved all the remixes of past tunes.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else absolutely HATE Donald and Goofy? I never could stand them since the first game. Every time they open their mouths I wanna slap them.
Lol, I thought this game did them a lot better actually. I could believe the three were pals a lot better, and grew to like them more than any other time.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The superhero movie-fied versions of the classic KH themes in this world are so great.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Having trouble finding the last 2 Treasure Spheres I think I have left

in the big maze like complex, I've searched inside and out, did 3 fights (two high level swarms and Supreme Fighter robot) on the edges that lit the place up with lights going towards the top, not sure what this even did. There's two Sphere somewhere in here and I cannot find them. Any tips or any videos?

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like a dumbass, i just bought the game. The problem is I have zero hype or attachment or hype for the series anymore. I played the first two games as a kid and really loved them. But, I legit do not remember jackshit about KH2 and shit only got more complicated from there. I was planning on replaying them with the collection you can buy, but I only got a bit into KH2 before real life obligations stopped me plus the dated mechanics. So, here I go, playing the supposed finale of a series I lost a connection with a long time ago.

We'll see how it goes.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, I thought this game did them a lot better actually. I could believe the three were pals a lot better, and grew to like them more than any other time.

It's funny because I love them in everything not Kingdom Hearts. There's just something about these games. It's probably the dialogue. They're not funny.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Ok bought KH3 today so gonna finish 2 and get right into it before the day is over.

*spends two hours trying to beat Roxas in the last area of KH2*

Fuck sake.

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, where do I get another Illusory Crystal?

I need one, but I can't find any. I received 1 from a battlegate, but I can't find anymore

Having trouble finding the last 2 Treasure Spheres I think I have left

in the big maze like complex, I've searched inside and out, did 3 fights (two high level swarms and Supreme Fighter robot) on the edges that lit the place up with lights going towards the top, not sure what this even did. There's two Sphere somewhere in here and I cannot find them. Any tips or any videos?

All the treasure spheres are located on the outside. Also those lights are for getting access to an optional gummi boss.

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Okay, do we ever get access to the reflect spell in this game? Sora uses it one time as a triangle command, but already in the endgame and I still don't have it.

Last edited:

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ok bought KH3 today so gonna finish 2 and get right into it before the day is over.

*spends two hours trying to beat Roxas in the last area of KH2*

Fuck sake.

lol, I know that feel. If it makes you feel any better, Roxas is pretty handily the hardest boss in the base game for kh2.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I somehow missed a single chest in the final world. Guess I'll have to go back and get it after i beat the game.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm. My Sora at level 42 never learned Second Chance. I only have Withstand Combo. I am a bit puzzled... I think I took the Sword equivalent when I "created" my Sora. Is it normal that I haven't learned that ability yet? Managed to beat the game without it, but still, it feels odd.

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah you just make a block wall with guns and you've essentially made a decent ship that can take on all the optional bosses.

Getting the Orichalcum+ from the Frozen minigame was actually the annoying part.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Big Hero 6 world is whack. I remember liking the movie but this ain't doing it for me here.

I actually quite liked it (as someone who didn't like the film). Environment is colorful and gives tons of vertical space to mess around in, several
"giant monster" boss fights
, movie's cast actually acknowledges you directly and tie into the Heartless story line (while not winning any storytelling awards, as with any world). I went in uncertain, but left surprisingly satisfied.