• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying most of what I'm playing even if there are flaws... but the cutscenes in this game are some of the worst I've ever seen in a game. It's like the perfect combination of too many + boring + bland direction + bad dialogue + not much happens. 90% of the dialogue feels like filler that should've been cut, it's so fucking annoying seeing Sora or Donald or Goofy say or do something extraneous every time that makes every single one longer than it should be. I try not to be a hater but man Nomura really jumped the shark with DDD and beyond, I don't remember finding the plot this dumb in I, CoM, II, or BBS.

...otherwise I'm enjoying the game for the most part.

XenodudeX

Oct 25, 2017
Jacksonville, Florida
I honestly don't care about anything in this game anymore. I'm at the last boss fight and it's pissing me off so much that I just want to watch the ending and secret ending on youtube and be done with it. Easily the worst KH game for me.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I honestly don't care about anything in this game anymore. I'm at the last boss fight and it's pissing me off so much that I just want to watch the ending and secret ending on youtube and be done with it. Easily the worst KH game for me.

81tlMGwpGVL._SX342_.jpg

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely might start skipping the story sequences. I simply don't care. I kinda enjoy the bullshit goofy mini Disney stories.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
alright that was cool

that fight against Saix with Roxas and Xion was dope as hell. That music also was amazing......

Oct 25, 2017
I think I need to read up on how the ship building/flying stuff works lol

I'm just going around shooting at things en route to new worlds

But now I have a teeny ship too?

I had no idea there would be ship combat in this game lol, feels like it's not really needed?

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Someone thought it was a good idea to pace the cutscenes this way near the end. They should've rethought that idea.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Finished this last night, it's my favourite SE game since FF IX and felt like a game from SE's heyday. The thing is their best game's back then weren't perfect, but they were brilliantly paced, endlessly replayable and so focused and confident on what they wanted to do that I was always going along with the ride. Like FF IX, so many magical moments where I realised something had gone especially right, whether it's exploring Corana and seeing Rapulzel interacting with the world for the first time, messing around with all the ingredients in the Ratatouille Bistrol or seeing Toy Story characters inhale a baloon... just full of charm. The general formula is just so fantastic, new concepts are consistently thrown at the player that I barely ever got bored, that any of the game's few disapointments are overshadowed by the sheer confidence and quality of the overall production. I was very cynical about the story beforehand, assuming the idea of a new organisation was lazy and tiring but the final run of battles are so overwhelming with so many characters at once, it feels unlike anything and I don't want to go away for one minute. I went in the main story cold and ending up believing in Nomura's vision, making this game somewhat of a redemption. It's so refreshing to see a sequel stick to its strengths yet still manage to suprise, so many long awaited sequels nowadays compromise good boss battle or dungeons for an open world, that's it's awesome to especially see SE pull this game off so well. I'm sure there's been comparisons to MGS4, I was worried this game would fudge up at the finishing line but the ending felt right. This is going to be my early GOTY, other games just feel more mundane compared to the brilliant madness.

Sheepshakey

Aug 4, 2018
Does anybody have tips for the gummi ship? I'm having a hard tome steering this thing, it just doesn't go where I want to go.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Okay so the Toy Story world is genuinely making me so happy. I don't want to leave this place. Monster's Inc will be cool, but the other Disney worlds they've picked beyond this point... eh.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Alright, I'm finished. Powered through to the end. Played every game and while KH3 didn't topple KH2, it was still worth the wait and super enjoyable. A lot of flaws but nothing gamebreaking. I really want to see what types of changes they might make.

I'm going to miss Heartless Xehanort, Xemnas, Young Xehanort, and Vanitas. Such good villains. Rally like Ienzo's role in the squad. Wish we got more Riku.Kairi lol. She could've just stayed dead for all I cared. Literally, everyone else in the game is more interesting and useful. My boi Donald killed himself to beat Terranort ffs.

Port Royal was probably my favorite world. San Frantokyo was extremely underwhelming especially since it had so many cool characters. Arendelle was just boring. I got all the Lucky Emblems but filling out the rest is already going to be annoying I can tell.

That ending gauntlet was fun but exhausting. The cutscene pacing was awful though. I was interested in everything going on but there had to be a better way to present them.

I cried at the opening and ending. It's nice seeing everyone happy. Then disappearing Sora. Nomura playing games with my heart. As for the ending, Im not sure that I like how important KHUx ended up being. I play the game. It's terrible and it sucks that it's so important. Another problem. I have is TWEWY stuff. It's an awesome game: buuuut it's stuff about a game that's not even on the systems that this game is on. That verum Rex stuff is interesting and I curious to see where it all goes

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
My disapointments were Pooh's world felt a bit pointless and Montropolis needed more character and I wanted to enter more of the landmarks from Frozen. The worlds were overall much more elaborate and it was kind of amazing playing this after replaying KH 2 where each world just feels like a selection of rooms, the main reason I find Kingdom Hearts 3 easily is the best game in the series. Overall this series offers a fun sightseeing tour you can't find anywhere else. The story doesn't feel like it explores every concept beyond the surface but still better than I thought it would be after all the complicated developments at the end of KH 3D look like they would overshadow the sequel's charm.

Oct 25, 2017
Are there secret magics and Keyblades?
Just finished the game yesterday and it didn't encourage me to find or explore any world.
Also didn't do a single cooking mini game, too much "loading" on them

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody have tips for the gummi ship? I'm having a hard tome steering this thing, it just doesn't go where I want to go.
It takes some time getting used to (and even then it still doesn't feel perfect)For me personally, increasing the right stick camera sensitivity helped a lot. Also using faster ships makes it much better to navigate the world (although it usually suffers on combat side)

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Ha... im surprised i really like Mnstrplis arc

It's because that seems to be the first arc in the game (besides Toy Story arc) that doesnt have anything happening off the screen. Monster inc story is enjoyable because we follow the characters from start to finish.. unlike Ariandelle and Tangled where some important plots are happening off screen

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap!
I've been spending more time in the gummi ship stuff then I should have, though I've finished the Monsters Inc world but this moment in space really surprised me:
I was able to unlock that ship [Endymion] from Einhander, but sometime later, I ran into that one penultimate boss [Schwartzgeist] from the same game! AND it had the original and remix versions of its theme, depending on if you used the ship. Haven't beaten the boss yet, since it's so tough but still nostalgic. It also makes me wonder why we don't have a new Einhander game yet since that team was in charge of this entry's GS stuff. Hell, I'd go for a remake/remaster at this point.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
I see many ppl like Kh3 in here, it make me smile and look like I'm not only one like this game.

Yeah, outside of this thread you can see that ERA is already starting it's hate brigade on yet another major release. It's unsurprising really, and it seemingly stems from many who have no interest in KH.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
If you had to pick one Disney world from KH3 to return for next new entry, what would it be? I'd personally pick Corona just so it can have a plot not constrained by the film, and it could possibly feature Cassandra (from the animated series) as an additional party member. Would be a great start for television IPs.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Yeah, outside of this thread you can see that ERA is already starting it's hate brigade on yet another major release. It's unsurprising really, and it seemingly stems from many who have no interest in KH.
I was interested in KH3, spent 50 hours on it and I still feel disappointed as I explained yesterday. I don't "hate it" because it's only a game and I can't hate a game, but I think it's the weakest entry for the franchise. 358/2 days was repetitive and in fact in the re-release Square stripped out the game to only leave cutscenes, but it was that way because many handheld games were structured like that, like Peace Walker.

But 3 was simply subpar in my opinion. While the graphics is obviosuly the best of the franchise, the animations are supergood and the fighting system is fun, it lacks a good story, a rewarding battle system (no matter if you are on Normal or Proud, the difficulty is a complete joke and you have way too many ways to deal an insane amount of damage to the enemies), a proper closure. The only thing I found amazing was the gummiship sections, probably the best in the franchise.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I've beaten Monstropolis and 100 Acre Woods and now I'm up to Frozen and so far I'd say this game is notably weaker than KH1 and 2

The fact that I haven't been loving the game enough to binge it and beat it by now is unfortunate

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was interested in KH3, spent 50 hours on it and I still feel disappointed as I explained yesterday. I don't "hate it" because it's only a game and I can't hate a game, but I think it's the weakest entry for the franchise. 358/2 days was repetitive and in fact in the re-release Square stripped out the game to only leave cutscenes, but it was that way because many handheld games were structured like that, like Peace Walker.

But 3 was simply subpar in my opinion. While the graphics is obviosuly the best of the franchise, the animations are supergood and the fighting system is fun, it lacks a good story, a rewarding battle system (no matter if you are on Normal or Proud, the difficulty is a complete joke and you have way too many ways to deal an insane amount of damage to the enemies), a proper closure. The only thing I found amazing was the gummiship sections, probably the best in the franchise.
It was harder than ff15 atleast, I didn't die once in ff15

I died 8 - 10 times in KH3

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I see many ppl like Kh3 in here, it make me smile and look like I'm not only one like this game.
Fantastic game, I wasn't looking forward to the main strory but by end I went along with the ride and enjoyed how escalated the war against the organization have got and how much you feel in the thick of the action. I have never seen a video game series finale so epic .

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

The only part of the game I can say i actively dislike is

basically everything from after the first battle in the keyblade graveyard till you get to the maze where you fight the organization sucks.

The demon tower/tide can rot on a tree

The plot needs the cast to act stupid for everyone to get sucked into darkness

Outside of learning how petty nomura is the final world goes on too long and isn't interesting

The lich sucks too x7

And fuck the forced unchained key section it was both unfun gameplay wise and nonsensical story wise

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's funny seeing most complaints. They look exactly what you'd hear from when KH2 was released.

I can say for sure that I understand if some people are dissatisfied with the game, because it has its faults. But I can only laugh when people complain about how worlds are handled and how easy the combat is while they praise KH2, that game was no better in most departments.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's funny seeing most complaints. They look exactly what you'd hear from when KH2 was released.

I can say for sure that I understand if some people are dissatisfied with the game, because it has its faults. But I can only laugh when people complain about how worlds are handled and how easy the combat is while they praise KH2, that game was no better in most departments.
My guess is that their only experience with KH2 is FM.

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
It takes some time getting used to (and even then it still doesn't feel perfect)For me personally, increasing the right stick camera sensitivity helped a lot. Also using faster ships makes it much better to navigate the world (although it usually suffers on combat side)
Is there actual need to invest heavy time into the gummi ship sections? I really don't like them so far and I'd love to just quickly get through them as fast as possible.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there actual need to invest heavy time into the gummi ship sections? I really don't like them so far and I'd love to just quickly get through them as fast as possible.
I never upgraded my ship and went straight through them, it made one of the final levels a little harder but was still no problem for me atleast