• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Did you have to break the cores on the ship? Because I remember first time I did I won straight up and waited but it just said "You cannot pass". So I assumed the cores had to be broken + win the race to actually win.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Liking the Caribbean so far. Art Style works a lot better with Sora's new look. Having a bunch of NPCs from the start kicks some life into it. I also have no idea what's happening with the story as I haven't seen the movies. The Disney world stories really aren't friendly if you haven't seen the films, it felt like they sort of tried in the old games but now they just expect you to know it all.

It seems like they used the story from Pirates 3, which is arguably the worst movie.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
finally finished this last night. Was a lot of fun. Clocked 45 hours though which is pretty long.

What's up with Sora in this ending? Is he not there? Looks like he rescued Kari. Besides that, I love how they wrapped up all the other storylines!

Watched all the cutscenes that played -but- some of the excessive ones during the last Armored Xelnort final boss fight. By that point I started getting impatient and started skipping cutscenes since they didnt appear important to the story at all ofc

Great ending credits music, etc. Had a lot of fun. Didn't get a chance to use half the weapons and d-links before the game was over. So after taking a short break will probably try to play more

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Okay I need some help with the end game battle because this is getting ridiculous.
During the final phase of the Xehanort fight, how the fuck do you survive the shadow onslaught after "returning to the light"? This is the very last bit of the final boss and it's driving me insane.

You just need to Block and then Attack after the prompt appears. It will erase those pests and then you can get back into the action

Oct 27, 2017
finally finished this last night. Was a lot of fun. Clocked 45 hours though which is pretty long.

What's up with Sora in this ending? Is he not there? Looks like he rescued Kari. Besides that, I love how they wrapped up all the other storylines!

Watched all the cutscenes that played -but- some of the excessive ones during the last Armored Xelnort final boss fight. By that point I started getting impatient and started skipping cutscenes since they didnt appear important to the story at all ofc

Great ending credits music, etc. Had a lot of fun. Didn't get a chance to use half the weapons and d-links before the game was over. So after taking a short break will probably try to play more

He dead. Main theory going around, especially given the secret scenes

Jun 3, 2018
London
I have a potentially stupid question: I went back to a previous world for the first time, Ancient Greece to be precise. And now I don't know how to get back to space. How can I see the space map or my ship again?

mouzone

Oct 30, 2017
I had the same hardship lol. Only time in the game I had to replay a boss. I got the timing of the dodge roll down luckily on my like tenth try lol. I was spamming it too fast or something and it didn't work at all. About half way through I popped a cura and then went back to dodging.
You have no idea how close you are to passing that little onslaught until you beat it. Just keep dodging and you'll survive.
Soo.. This is the first time in the game where I actually used block lol and what a shocking revelation it was. Made the fight dramatically easier.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there some trick to the flying boss fight in the Caribbean world? This is one of the most infuriating things i've ever had to play and i'm on the verge of just dropping the game entirely. I'm on proud and the little flying guys take so much of my health with hits and hit me from behind where I can't see them, and killing to recover health means the big boss just does too much damage to the ship. The single time I got anywhere near close and when he threw me off I got hit in mid air which stunned Sora so I didn't land on the cloud trail to get back on one of the little guys, and spent the rest of the fight trying to get back on one because none of them flew close to the water.

This has single handedly soured me on this game. What a horrible boss fight.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is there some trick to the flying boss fight in the Caribbean world? This is one of the most infuriating things i've ever had to play and i'm on the verge of just dropping the game entirely. I'm on proud and the little flying guys take so much of my health with hits and hit me from behind where I can't see them, and killing to recover health means the big boss just does too much damage to the ship. The single time I got anywhere near close and when he threw me off I got hit in mid air which stunned Sora so I didn't land on the cloud trail to get back on one of the little guys, and spent the rest of the fight trying to get back on one because none of them flew close to the water.

Jump on the big guys back and ignore the small heartless. You'll get it. Don't give up!

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jump on the big guys back and ignore the small heartless. You'll get it. Don't give up!

I watched a video and learned you can use the ranged lock on teleport thing to get onto the flyers, and jumping off, healing, then jumping back on can keep you alive. Knowing those should help me a lot. I think this is the one time my magic build is hurting, I do nearly no damage to the boss since i have low STR and usually just rely on flinging magic at things.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a video and learned you can use the ranged lock on teleport thing to get onto the flyers, and jumping off, healing, then jumping back on can keep you alive. Knowing those should help me a lot. I think this is the one time my magic build is hurting, I do nearly no damage to the boss since i have low STR and usually just rely on flinging magic at things.

I was just about to chime in with "you can self-heal and you can hijack the other heartless with air-stepping". It makes things a lot more manageable.

I can't really help with the damage thing, the best you can do (without resorting to loading a save before starting Pirates of the Caribbean) is equip a keyblade that boosts your strength, and possibly eat food with strength buffs (if you have some in your inventory, and if the game allows you to with the "Prepare and Retry" option)

The best you can hope for is that the boss isn't too aggressive with shooting down the Black Pearl, and I think the only times it does that is when it's turning around from hitting the level boundary (when it does that, it'll shoot the yellow cannons that home in on you, instead of using the breath attack) and when you're doing the QTE section.

Oct 26, 2017
Guys, I'm at the kingdom of corona and the Moogle shop this entire playthrough have been selling the same wand and shield. Do I have to buy them for the shop to get new weapons?

Haven't bought a single thing really from the shop

Slash12771

Jul 12, 2018
Guys, I'm at the kingdom of corona and the Moogle shop this entire playthrough have been selling the same wand and shield. Do I have to buy them for the shop to get new weapons?

Haven't bought a single thing really from the shop
the shop can provide new wands and shields without u buying what they have in there i think.
Just finished pirates world. I think it was quite good even tho I expected to dislike it based on what others were saying (bizkit, og leaker kh3islife etc). Ship battles were cool, exploring underwater was immersive (didn't like restrictions on combat tho), and I like the large nature of the world. The boss battles were kinda rough tho. The Vulture thing was repetitive, the anglerfish heartless was alright but it dealt with using limited underwater combat, the tentacle part b4 the davy jones fight was lame. Davy jones boss was somewhat boring imo but not bad.

mouzone

Oct 30, 2017

I also had a lot of trouble in this fight, even posted about it in this thread with no response. Here's what you should do. Stay behind the big heartless while being slightly above him. Keep shooting at him with R2 the whole time, and make sure to dodge his attacks (he has 2 or 3 simple attacks, easy to avoid). When low on health, jump off your plane and quickly cure yourself and immediately use your shotlock to get to another plane. Rinse and repeat. The bolded part is absolutely crucial if you want to make it before the ship is destroyed.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Oh my god
I just watched Donald Duck nuke an anime villain with what was basically a goddamn kikoho

Pack it up folks, humanity has peaked
"Fuck keyblade wielders, fuck anime, and most of all, FUCK YOU!"

All in Donald's voice, of course.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god
I just watched Donald Duck nuke an anime villain with what was basically a goddamn kikoho

Ultra Instinct Goku ain't got shit on my boy Donald.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god

I thought the exact same thing.

The best part is the spell tier is higher then fucking Bahamut's! Donald is officially one of the strongest black mages in Square canon.

Oct 25, 2017
What would you say is the toughest/most annoying boss in the main story?

None of the bosses are particularly hard, and my first playthrough was on Proud Mode. Although I can say I consider Arendelle's final boss to be kind of a "wake up boss". He hits hard, he's fast and hard to lock on to. And he has a bullshit one hit attack if you decide to waste too much time fooling around.

He gave me the first death of my playthrough.

Demon Tide was annoying as shit. It gave me my second death.

Some of the boss battles are terribly planned.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god

Never fuck with Donald God Damn Duck.

Namikaze

Oct 27, 2017
the tangled keyblade just wrecks shit so fast

i love it

i'm not sure i understand these complaints

95% of gummi ship stuff is skippable if it bothers you

there are like two or three mandatory bosses and the rest you can just avoid. but if you enjoy it, like i do, there's more stuff for you to do. seems like a good balance to me?

Honestly, everything that isn't straight combat has been a slog for me. Cutscnes are too long, story isn't that interesting now that I'm not 10-15 anymore etc. but combat is sublime. I was a KH freak, ive probably owned ever U.S release ever at some point.

This game is pretty fun so far, but I wish they simplified the Gummi stuff instead of wasting their time/money. It's just not that interesting compared to what goes on in the main quest. All imo, of course. I would rather have more battles like the colosseum, more end game stuff as I previously stated.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Xgolb1i.gif

https://twitter.com/Much118x

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Just started Kingdom of Corona, loving it, though if there's a world where i noticed the stilted dialogue, it's here. (Still 100 times better than the previous games).

Also, can we make Sora x Rapunzel the actual couple of this movie? I love Flynn, don't get me wrong, but Sora and Rapunzel are so goddamn cute together.

Anyway, I've been trying for 10 minutes to get a pic of the Rock Lucky Emblem near the Tower and I seriously can't find a place where the camera detects it. Any help?

EDIT: Had to advance the story just a little bit. Already found it.

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Just finished The Caribbean and it's the best world I've played by far. Lots of gameplay variety? Check. Great music? Check. Big areas with real exploration? Check. Good art style that matches the game? Check. Vibrant and full of life (+ NPCs)? Check. So far this game hasn't come close to KH1 and 2 for me, but this is the first world that actually felt like a huge step up and a real evolution.

This is what I would hope from a game trying for this kind of scale. It was like a mini Assassin's Creed IV. Love it. Except the story. I had absolutely no clue what was going on. The crab bit was lost on me.