• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Playing in Proud, just got out of Metropolis. Man, I rarely , if ever, use any magic outside of Cure and have yet to equip any potions. I'm sure i May be missing a depth or two in the combat system but so far attack and dodge have been sufficient

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've been wrapping up trophies and man, I have so much fury for that cooking flambé minigame. I just spent 30 minutes trying to get ONE excellent.

rulerk1

Nov 14, 2017
currently at the Toybox and love how each world is its own contain little movie. Except Twilight town is like that extra short that comes in the DVD

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I can't for the life of me get Frost Serpents to drop Hungry Gems. Is there an alternative? Because every video/guide is saying that killing their tail is the best method, but all I get is Hungry Stones. Would appreciate any help.

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
I've been holding off getting stuck into it until a patch is released. Has there been any talk about one releasing soon?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I've been wrapping up trophies and man, I have so much fury for that cooking flambé minigame. I just spent 30 minutes trying to get ONE excellent.
Shoot, that's one of the easier ones in the bunch to me. Now, tryna salt/pepper just the right amount? Fuuuuuuuck that noise.

I ended up save scumming one of them for a while because it sucked so much; both of these in particular are horrible. Thankfully I'm just doing them as I go so I won't have to deal with much trouble at the end. (Similarly, been chipping away at minigames as I progress.)

Thing is though... I thought this rat was supposed to be good at cooking? Because he can't season food if his fucking life depended on it, let alone cook anything.

There is an accessory that raises the chance of getting excellent mark.

Yes, but from my experience that item seems to only lower the barrier between "good" and "excellent". Even with always havjng that on, I've only gotten "good" from doing something a little too soon. If you, say, slightly touch the sticks a tiny bit more due to the movement of your hands pressing the buttons to break an egg, or spin the slightest amount too much while you bring the right stick down during flambé...

WHOOPS RUINED COMPLETELY

Not to mention the seasoning stuff again, where the slightest mistiming dooms the entire thing.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Finished Arendelle. Wow, Sora and the gang may have just not been there at all. Also, lmao on Hans showing up and not even getting a line.

Worst world so far, even if it had a pretty cool boss.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I ended up save scumming one of them for a while because it sucked so much; both of these in particular are horrible. Thankfully I'm just doing them as I go so I won't have to deal with much trouble at the end. (Similarly, been chipping away at minigames as I progress.)

Thing is though... I thought this rat was supposed to be good at cooking? Because he can't season food if his fucking life depended on it, let alone cook anything.

Yes, but from my experience that item seems to only lower the barrier between "good" and "excellent". Even with always havjng that on, I've only gotten "good" from doing something a little too soon. If you, say, slightly touch the sticks a tiny bit more due to the movement of your hands pressing the buttons to break an egg, or spin the slightest amount too much while you bring the right stick down during flambé...

WHOOPS RUINED COMPLETELY

Not to mention the seasoning stuff again, where the slightest mistiming dooms the entire thing.

That's accessory didn't seem to help my case, I did the same thing - save scummed because I'm not failing 20 times in a row and having to go out and collect ingredients again.

Agree with pretty much everything you said.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I save scummed all of em when I realized they consumed ingredients regardless.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After finishing Corona and having nothing really of note happening in the actual story of the game and hearing how boring and monotonous the Frozen world is all over ITT I'm just going to blitz through it as fast as I can and skip as much as possible. Can anyone tell me (if anything) what happens that's significant to the overall KH3 story in this world?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
After finishing Corona and having nothing really of note happening in the actual story of the game and hearing how boring and monotonous the Frozen world is all over ITT I'm just going to blitz through it as fast as I can and skip as much as possible. Can anyone tell me (if anything) what happens that's significant to the overall KH3 story in this world?

Absolutely nothing. Blitzkrieg that shit.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

Honestly Arrendale isn't that bad. I put the game down for a bit right before it (unintentionally, but still...) and during that time y'all made me fear getting to it, but it really wasn't much of a problem.

My main criticism of the worlds is that my brain finds it really hard to learn how to get around them, and it was better about that than some of the others so far. And to my understanding most of the stuff people think is tedious is gameplay, not the cutscenes, anyway.

EDIT: And the above post is wrong. Like, there's not huge overall plot developments, maybe, but it's not like nothing happens or is discussed at all.

If you care about Larxenne, don't skip those cutscenes.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
can the Tokyo Tower-esque be climbed all the way to the top of the antenna in the BH6 world?

It's driving me crazy! I keep trying to run to the top but Sora can't run in a straight line upwards and goes off the side and I always fall down!

Is there anything worthwhile at the top?

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
And that's 1000/1000 Gamerscore done. Fantastic game.

Hope we get more soon enough (that includes the collection on Xbox)!

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I haven't gotten far but the levels are way better than in 2. Now I played KH2 in critical mode before this, brilliant combat in that game. Can anyone explain to me WTF happened to the combat?!?!

I see no strategy rhyme or reason to anything that's happening in KH3s combat. It's a series of screen attacks where you are practically invincible, it just doesn't end. I guess I can ignore it all but that's not the point, the game is designed with this. Is it possible to master combat like this? It's just a random mess of action.

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't gotten far but the levels are way better than in 2. Now I played KH2 in critical mode before this, brilliant combat in that game. Can anyone explain to me WTF happened to the combat?!?!

I see no strategy rhyme or reason to anything that's happening in KH3s combat. It's a series of screen attacks where you are practically invincible, it just doesn't end. I guess I can ignore it all but that's not the point, the game is designed with this. Is it possible to master combat like this? It's just a random mess of action.

Most people played by ignoring the attraction flows to be honest. That's the biggest problem i think. If you limit yourself to using only the forms it can be a pretty good system.

the_bromo_tachi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I was really liking this game until Arrendale and the Caribbean. The cutscenes with the organization are interesting but other than that, I'm losing interest in the game. Well, only one more world until the filler ends and I can see how the story concludes(right?).
I really hated the ship battles in the Caribbean....one of the few times I saw the game over screen...

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Well, at about 80 hours clocked in I have beaten Kingdom Hearts 3. Still the post game to go through, but I will post my thoughts of playing through the main game.

First of all, lets talk about the presentation, since that is the part I usually care about the least. Visually, I think the team outdid themselves. The Disney worlds were brought to life in a much bigger way compared to the previous games. The combat effects are also nice. The music has alot of remixes and old tracks, but I didn't mind since they are great songs.

Next up, the gameplay.
At first I was a bit wary about how the Gummi Ship travel was handled, but I had alot of fun with it. There were still the arcade sections and controls were just as good as Kingdom Hearts 2.
The combat was quite fun this time around. The extra effects that magic have on the environment. The status effects to deal with. The formchange and shotlock commands. The upgradable keyblades. I loved it all. I do think the attraction attack are too overpowered and making team attacks reaction commands makes them a bit over powered as well. The game was very easy overall. A properly balanced critical mode like KH2:FM would be nice to have in the future.
The worlds for the most part of big and fun to explore, with the treasure chests and lucky emblems giving you plenty of reason to look around and pay attention.

Finally the story. The Disney stuff was okay for the most part, with some exceptions (Twilight Town, Caribbean), but as expected the main story was pretty ridiculous. Too much of the story was crammed at the end and make everything seemed rushed. The game also tried way too hard to try to redeem all the bad guys. It was really weird. It was annoying how much Sora seemed to be dumbed down this game, or maybe it is been long enough that I forgot how Sora acted in older games. It felt like I was watching Ash Ketchum running around with a keyblade instead of Pokemon.

Overall I would give it 7/10. The story and easy combat really dragged down the game for me. While I was really engaged when exploring the Disney world, I was detached and indifferent during most of the final story segments.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
can the Tokyo Tower-esque be climbed all the way to the top of the antenna in the BH6 world?

It's driving me crazy! I keep trying to run to the top but Sora can't run in a straight line upwards and goes off the side and I always fall down!

Is there anything worthwhile at the top?

If it's the tower I think you mean...

Airstep to the top, there's a lucky emblem. :)

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I was really liking this game until Arrendale and the Caribbean. The cutscenes with the organization are interesting but other than that, I'm losing interest in the game. Well, only one more world until the filler ends and I can see how the story concludes(right?).
I really hated the ship battles in the Caribbean....one of the few times I saw the game over screen...
The 'filler' is usually the best part in Kingdom Hearts games, if the Disney worlds (with anime characters included!) aren't fun, then what is it? 🤔
the original story is the true filler in this gaem

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Pretty much just gummi ship and synthesis left for the platinum. Starting the gummi stuff now, how do I know what I have and haven't done in a zone as I fly around?

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
There doesn't seem to be a yellow square to teleport to but the entire antena is indeed flashing so it's climbeable by running into it and my ocd is driving me nuts.

I'm fairly sure we're talking about the same building. Haha.

"For the last Lucky Emblem you'll want to climb to the top of the tallest building in San Fransokyo. It's the one with a pointed spire. To make things easier, it's the same building that the monorail tunnel passes through. Use Shotlock to reach the top and snap the Emblem."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...arts-3-lucky-emblem-locations-6012#section-10

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fairly sure we're talking about the same building. Haha.

"For the last Lucky Emblem you'll want to climb to the top of the tallest building in San Fransokyo. It's the one with a pointed spire. To make things easier, it's the same building that the monorail tunnel passes through. Use Shotlock to reach the top and snap the Emblem."

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...arts-3-lucky-emblem-locations-6012#section-10
It's not because I already climbed a different building that I did snap a Hidden Mickey from the tip by shotlock. This one looks like the Tokyo Tower (the red and white Eiffel Tower like building). But from these posts I guess there's nothing worthwhile in the top but it's driving me crazy that the antena is flashing (climbable by running) but the antena is so thin is super easy to run to the sides and fall.

Unless there's a second building that has a hidden Mickey on its tip then I've got to get on top of this Tokyo Tower, dammit!

Last edited:

Slash12771

Jul 12, 2018
Just beat the game at around 25 hours and around level 45 in standard mode. It was fun vast majority of the time but I felt like it was somewhat short. Although, I didn't really pay much attention to side stuff like mini-games and the gummi ship. I think I can get a lot more hours out of the game with battlegates, and minigames plus getting the uw, and rat. keyblade. The combat was pretty fun but it really lacked the flow kh2 had and the camera/flashiness can get bad. The kb transformations are cool and I prefer them to trad. drive forms. The summons looked great but I didn't use them much. I felt like they slowed the pace of combat too much. Attractions were alright, but I mainly used them to clear out mobs.
I wish they did team attacks like in kh2, and I was disappointed there wasn't team attacks with the other wielders during the org battles. Sora and riku had that badass session limit back then but only thing we got was a reference to the joint kb from 3d.
As far as difficulty goes, it really got challenging for me on the ariendelle FB, scala fb, org battles and the vulture heartless. Game wasn't really too tough but wasn't a breeze.
Overall its an 8.3/10 for me. Don't think this game was worth the long wait, but it was good. Can't wait for future updates.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I liked both Pixar worlds. They're probably my favorite just for the fact that they weren't just another movie retelling lol

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the Caribbean and I'm bored out my mind. The gameplay and cutscenes have been the main culprit. The story is w/e but I'm fine with that. How its told is a huge problem tho.

Heard it gets better after san fran so ima keep forcing my way through. This game is a massive disappointment as a fan of the kh series. I dont know if kh has always been this awful and I was too young to notice 13 years ago or I've grown out of it due to playing a shit ton of modern games.

Apr 16, 2018
Man, I'm telling y'all Pirates is the best world.

Y'all just sleeping. I wish the whole game was like that and the Keyblade graveyard part. Just upping the ante and getting crazier minute by minute.

That world had my favorite boss fights and gameplay.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Beat it earlier today, and it was kind of unsatisfying. The plot was a mess, the worlds were kind of barren and boring, and most of the bosses were unremarkable. I feel like I'm missing half a game; I completed this in about 27 hours whereas KH1 and KH2 easily took me twice as long. And I really, really miss the Final Fantasy characters. To think in KH1 we had Tidus, Wakka, Selphie, Squall, Aeris, Yuffie, Cid, Cloud, and Sephiroth... And in KH3 we have a moogle? The melding of Disney and Final Fantasy was kind of the point.