• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have decided to go on the grind for the Ultima weapon.

The Flan game in Olympus where you're doing the sled thing might end this quest.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Started The Caribbean and well, looks like this might be my new favourite world in the series. Kingdom of Corona being champ sure lasted short.

Caribbean was also my favourite world back in KH2. I haven't even watched the movies, I have no idea why this keeps happening lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Started The Caribbean and well, looks like this might be my new favourite world in the series. Kingdom of Corona being champ sure lasted short.

Caribbean was also my favourite world back in KH2. I haven't even watched the movies, I have no idea why this keeps happening lol

I just finished it. It is EASILY my favorite world, with Corona being #2.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Engrish for the lip movements is extremely noticeable. It's like whoever mapped they lip movements read the script in katakana

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Finished it a few days ago and I liked it a lot. For some reason I wish it were a bit longer even though I know its around the normal length for a KH game.

What's been the general consensus among people? Do most like the game?

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Finished it a few days ago and I liked it a lot. For some reason I wish it were a bit longer even though I know its around the normal length for a KH game.

As far as I'm concerned: disappointed. It could have been great. It's mostly OK in my opnion. The story really let me down, and the gameplay needs some fine-tuning in order to make it excellent. The lack of challenge made the game way too easy.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017

It's mostly well-liked, albeit with its glaring flaws. There's a lot of information that just came out of the Ultimania interviews and people are currently scouring through old material to find all the set-ups and references, which is impacting how they view the game.

The criticism is definitely a lot more vocal on social media though. It doesn't help that SE's marketing is trying to remain ignorant to it by constantly making ads showing off the same handful of 9's and 10's scores, or more recently, the piss poor way they tried to market Kairi.

Aquova

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas

It's a solid game, with a few flaws. There are some things that are genuine issues, and some other things that people have been blowing out of proportion IMO.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat the game last night. Put around 55 hours or so and liked what I played. Wish some of the worlds were more fleshed out.

Battle gates, and a few more trophies to go (Adversaries, Synthesis, Lv 99)

huh, I apparently missed a couple of cutscenes in the Final World with some of the stars. Might've been hard to see

Can I go back to see them or do I just have to YouTube them?

Last edited:

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Quick question about Keyblades.
Is there any difference in moveset between Kingdom Key and the one you get from Ephemer? I love the Kingdom Key's form change, and I was wondering if, aside from abilities, Starlight is just a straight up better version?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Quick question about Keyblades.
Is there any difference in moveset between Kingdom Key and the one you get from Ephemer? I love the Kingdom Key's form change, and I was wondering if, aside from abilities, Starlight is just a straight up better version?
Second Form has different finishers depending on which one you're using, and of course different shotlocks and abilities. In the end Starlight gets an extra point in magic so it's technically higher stats but they're so similar it really only matters if you want Ars or Ancient Light.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Second Form has different finishers depending on which one you're using, and of course different shotlocks and abilities. In the end Starlight gets an extra point in magic so it's technically higher stats but they're so similar it really only matters if you want Ars or Ancient Light.

Ah, OK, thanks. I'll stick with Kingdom Key then in that case.

Aquova

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
Finally beat the game last night. Put around 55 hours or so and liked what I played. Wish some of the worlds were more fleshed out.

Battle gates, and a few more trophies to go (Adversaries, Synthesis, Lv 99)

huh, I apparently missed a couple of cutscenes in the Final World with some of the stars. Might've been hard to see

Can I go back to see them or do I just have to YouTube them?
IIRC, you can't see the cutscenes again if you missed them, you have to go look them up on Youtube

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
you guys weren't kidding about nothing happening in this game until the the end.

mickey and rikku literally just keep going back and forth between the same two locations with no elaboration on what the hell they are actually trying to do. axel and kairu are "training" but just sit on that one log.

things finally seemed to pick up at the end of Pirates.

on the bright side i can never not feel joy when donald talks.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beat the game, and recently beat the superboss. This was my first KH game (that I completed all the way through anyways), was really enjoyable all things considered. Story was quite messy though, even with me going out of my way to understand it all beforehand, but that was to be expected.

But yea, guess I'm now a KH fan.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Decided to play a ton today and beat Big Hero 6 world in one go. I haven't watched the movie and I had no idea what to expect. I thought it was great overall, but the ending was a little rushed.

Now I can say that my Disney World Ranking is:
Pirates > Tangled > Big Hero 6 > Hercules > Frozen > Toy Story > Monster > Pooh

But I thought all the worlds were really good. Easily the best in the series.

I shouldn't have exited the world, tho, as I was stuck for what seemed endless cutscenes and boss fights with no breaks. Kind of sad because the plot finally started to pick up.

When Aqua cried after finally getting out of there, it was the saddest fucking thing. While I wish it could have been written better (ha) the line about her waiting a decade with no one coming to save her hit so fucking hard.

Excited for the endgame. Will def finish it this week, maybe in the next couple of days if I don't have all that much left.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
So you guys are perfectly fine with

- almost all of Organization 13 being "just in for the ride" all this time and never actually endorsing whatever Xehanort wanted to do?
- Xehanort himself just wanting to purge and reset the world, Evangelion-style, and turning out to be a softie as soon as he takes a beating in person and his old pal shows up?
- how Ansem ans Xemnas exit the picture with sappy dialogue and Sora still pitying them after all they've done?
- Sora never actually growing through the whole series and being more and more optimistic and happy-go-lucky and always recklessly volunteering for stuff everyone is constantly telling him he's not up to?
- Sora and Kairi's relationship amounting to a big bunch of nothing in the end, and Kairi being only a plot device that can't even be seriously called a love interest given that there seems to be barely any feelings at all between her and Sora post-KH1 outside of a few corny inspirational phrases?

I haven't kept up with the spinoffs through the years but I did watch some recaps online, and I'm still disappointed. Seems like any actual character development was thrown to the wind as soon as they figured out how to make the series continue after Xehanort. The post-credits scene visibly received more thought and care than the whole ending.

Your first mistake was watching recaps. Those games aren't really spin offs. Birth By Sleep and 3D directly set up 3 for instance.

But yeah, some of that stuff is fine

Xemnas' last speech is a continuation of his character from KH II where he admits he can't feel and can't remember what else there is in a heart besides hate and rage.

Sora doesn't pity ASOD. They don't talk while he dies. That's Riku.

MX isn't a softie. He straight up lost and was dying.

Sora's character is pretty but it's meant to be.

KH 1 Kairi: "Sora, don't ever change."

I mean he does angst still.

Sora x Kairi is continuously slammed into your head for most of the series. Xion takes Kairi's form because of she's his most powerful memories, Kairi is the link the Sora getting his memories back after COM, Sora humiliates himself for Saix so he can get Kairi back etc. It's just that Kairi doesn't get enough screentime.

That said, Kairi's treatment is tragic but don't expect anything out of it. It's not gonna happen. People should just hold out hope for other female characters like Aqua or Xion.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
I can't fucking crack the final egg for the trophy. I have three trophies left for the plat and I keep fucking it up. I hate the egg

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Man, while it could have been handled way better, I am into what I imagine is halfway through the final world and I'm getting emotional. The music alone is hitting the big feels.

I am sure that everyone thinks these final Organization XIII fights could have been handled MUCH better. But damn, their final words are like thorns to my nostalgia. Especially Luxord's, he was always my favourite with Larxene.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Just beat the game. Some moments made me very teary-eyed.
Basically every damn time any of the trios cried and hugged each other, damn
I am VERY happy with every ending. Easily my favourite final boss fight, and my favourite game in the series. Have to think about it, but I think it was a solid 7/10.

I literally expected the game to turn so damn bad and the fact it came out and turned out so good is so surreal.

I cannot wait for the future of the series.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Almost done with the platinum! Just have to beat a Gummi boss, and finish synthesis. Almost done with synthesis, so I'll leave the gummi ship for last.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Got the Platinum last night. Synthesis wasn't that bad once I found a spreadsheet and saw I had mostly everything I needed. Almost fell asleep during the grind to Lv.99, the EXP boost via cuisine helped, and just endless 1MP Thundaga spam

I'm considering the game completed, though the only things I'm missing are a Lv.99 Gummi ship (at Lv.98) and the 9999 Heartless Gummi mission.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
I got the Platinum!!! My first legit game Plat. It was fun for the most part. The worst part was the chef one I think. Those fucking eggs. Ugh. I had most of the materials for synthesis, but finding the final Orichalcum and trying to farm it through asteroids was no fun.

Mit-

Oct 26, 2017
70+ hours, was going for Platinum and 100% completion. Played Banana flan minigame. Crashed. Save data gone 🙃
I fucking hate Square-Enix. Not sure I can start over.

No I don't have Playstation+. Just got my first PS4 when I got a Pro a couple months ago just for this fucking game.

How have they not fixed this bug after this long or at least tried to warn people about it? Ridiculous.

Does anyone know how fast this game goes when skipping cutscenes?

Last edited:

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Just finished the Frozen world and damn.

Tangled while still being pretty much the movie + sora had some great scenes, had you run around with Rapunzel helping you out, characters looked great with Flyn and the horse, I don't mind if it's just a copy of the movie with gameplay thrown in, I'm all for that.

But they just glanced over Frozen, it seemed they spent all their money on the song and animations and didn't have money for the rest of the world, Anna looked like she was from a barbie game at points, no exploring her castle, it was just you walking up a mountain. Barely any interactions with Anna and Elsa, Christopher and such, they skipped right to the end of the movie without any scenes, no scenes with elsa in her castle against the army, you don't even really see the main villain nor doe she have lines. So weird for one of their biggest flagships at the moment.

A shame, I was really looking forward to the Frozen world as well.

Monsters Inc was pretty cool though!

Jersa

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA (USA)
My girlfriend's brother is special needs, and she and I are trying to help him progress in Kingdom Hearts 3. It looks like he's played for nearly 113 hours, but his characters are level 3. We've never really played any Kingdom Hearts games before, so we're basically trying to figure out where he is in the game and what he should do next. It looks like he's unlocked all the levels (maybe wrong). Is there a quick way to identify next story mode quests or anything like that?

Aquova

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
My girlfriend's brother is special needs, and she and I are trying to help him progress in Kingdom Hearts 3. It looks like he's played for nearly 113 hours, but his characters are level 3. We've never really played any Kingdom Hearts games before, so we're basically trying to figure out where he is in the game and what he should do next. It looks like he's unlocked all the levels (maybe wrong). Is there a quick way to identify next story mode quests or anything like that?

If he's only level 3 that far into the game, it's possible that he accidentally turned on the "Zero Experience" option for a long while. It does as it sounds, your characters don't level up at all. I wouldn't recommend having it on.

As far as I know, there's no way to see what precisely what part of the game you're currently working on. If you go to the world map (via a save point), you can quickly see which levels are unlocked. Pressing L2/R2 should show other areas if they're available. In order they should be:

Area 1
Hercules
Twilight Town
Toy Story and Tangled

Area 2
Frozen and Monsters Inc.
Pirates of the Caribbean and Big Hero 6

Area 3
Keyblade Graveyard

Jersa

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA (USA)
If he's only level 3 that far into the game, it's possible that he accidentally turned on the "Zero Experience" option for a long while. It does as it sounds, your characters don't level up at all. I wouldn't recommend having it on.

As far as I know, there's no way to see what precisely what part of the game you're currently working on. If you go to the world map (via a save point), you can quickly see which levels are unlocked. Pressing L2/R2 should show other areas if they're available. In order they should be:

Area 1
Hercules
Twilight Town
Toy Story and Tangled

Area 2
Frozen and Monsters Inc.
Pirates of the Caribbean and Big Hero 6

Area 3
Keyblade Graveyard

Thank you very much! We stumbled around a bit until we found an area that seems to progress the story. We were tasked with 'defeating mysterious adversaries', but they were working us over. I think he might be under-leveled for that mission, but we'll work with him on leveling up his group.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Thank you very much! We stumbled around a bit until we found an area that seems to progress the story. We were tasked with 'defeating mysterious adversaries', but they were working us over. I think he might be under-leveled for that mission, but we'll work with him on leveling up his group.

If you're in
a bright white town on the sea and the 'mysterious adversaries' are flying in the air and are all visually the same, wearing black and red cloaks
you're actually in the endgame and should definitely not be level 3 in a normal playthrough. Closer to level 35+.

Jersa

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA (USA)
If you're in
a bright white town on the sea and the 'mysterious adversaries' are flying in the air and are all visually the same, wearing black and red cloaks
you're actually in the endgame and should definitely not be level 3 in a normal playthrough. Closer to level 35+.

LOL - Yep!

That was certainly it. I could take down about 2 or 3 of them, but was shocked at how hard it was. Is this something he could've reached out of order, or has he just been grinding that game so much he made it there?

Jersa

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA (USA)
Just managed to grind it out, it seems

He's
Literally in the first phase of a 6 phase final boss lol

Oh that's brutal! Think the best route is to deactivate Zero EXP (assuming he has it equipped) and then encourage him to grind out other areas?

Pretty impressive he's done this. He can't even read, but he's beaten OOT just brute forcing it. I don't really have an eye for the combat in KH3, but he looks pretty competent when trying that battle. He certainly knows how to use the heal spell.

Last edited:

Aquova

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Kansas
Oh that's brutal! Think the best route is to deactivate Zero EXP (assuming he has it equipped) and then encourage him to grind out other areas?

Pretty impressive he's done this. He can't even read, but he's beaten OOT just brute forcing it. I don't really have an eye for the combat in KH3, but he looks pretty competent when trying that battle. He certainly knows how to use the heal spell.

Yes, I would definitely turn off Zero EXP and go back to some of the previous areas. While he's there grinding he can also find treasure or whatnot that he's still missing.

I donno what difficulty he's on, but if he's made it that far, he's probably better at the game than I am lol.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
This endgame is fucking long. I can't believe they make you fight this same heartless miniboss 7 different times lol.

Story still makes no sense even though "things have picked up". At least there is less pointless talking and some fights though.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
just fought the huge amount of enemies on the Keyblade Graveyard and reunited with the rest of the team. How many hours do I need to finish the game (including cutscenes). Planning on finishing it today and not sure if it is possible.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas

I loved the game. It was definitely my favorite. It was a bit long for me. I suppose if you felt like you needed more content you can always grind out all the trophies if you're into that sort of thing