• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Their choices are baffling then. I thought KH2 caught shit for having to play as Roxas for two hours instead of Sora, I quite liked exploring around twilight town and Destiny Islands compared to what this one did, it just felt wrong and they stamped a KH 2.9 title for that piss poor effort as if that was a proper prologue. Maybe rushed was the wrong word, but poorly managed.

It was not two hours. I'm sure playtime's very but I remember when kh2 came out people felt like they were playing as Roxas for an entire games length and even after things didn't really move until you got to Hollow Bastion.

The kh2.9 was a joke...once again, superior self awareness.

dimasok

Banned
Sep 9, 2018
Man is this a bandwagoner topic, like most of Era. Just pure jerking off each other and then report and the totalitarian dictatorship bans the party poopers. Why do I bother really. I am bowing out.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man is this a bandwagoner topic, like most of Era. Just pure jerking off each other and then report and the totalitarian dictatorship bans the party poopers. Why do I bother really. I am bowing out.
Thank god, hopefully permenantly. This thread reminds me why I should just stick to playing the game and ignore OTs.

I'm sitting here with a smile on my face as I go through the game, and during a break I come here to see I was playing some completely different game.

It's fine to have dissenting opinions, but you are just posted hyperbolic and immature crap

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It was not two hours. I'm sure playtime's very but I remember when kh2 came out people felt like they were playing as Roxas for an entire games length and even after things didn't really move until you got to Hollow Bastion.

The kh2.9 was a joke...once again, superior self awareness.

Yeah. One of my friends is playing KH2 for the first time because 3 came out and he has been bitching about the Roxas prologue for TWO DAYS on Discord. It's torturously long and a terrible waste of the player's time.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017

There have been plenty of people in this thread criticisizig this game and rightfully so. There are also people talking about what they love. There are people discussing and refuting both perspectives. You came in here with hyperbole, crazy comparisons, and started insulting everyone when they called you out on it. This is on you.

dimasok

Banned
Sep 9, 2018
User Banned (1 month) - Insulting other users, history of trolling topics
Guys dont forget to wash your mouths after blowing Nomura like that. Thanks.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
I beat the game yesterday on Proud, took me around 30 hours. Thinking back, i think I'd give the game 7/10. When it's fun, it's really fun. But that wasn't always the case for me, thanks to the overly massive levels and the lack of a proper map resulting in many backtracking and wandering around, and I also think overall it should be a little more challenging combat wise, as well as making attraction abilities less common. Can't speak for the story, skipped nearly all of them except towards the end. I *think* it was a good ending with climatic battle and conclusion, but yeah decent game overall.

Visually the game was great, but don't kill me for this, I think the music was not Shimomura's best. Felt like the best ones are just remixes of previous musics. Or maybe I wasn't paying too much attention.

Last edited:

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Are you dumb? Go visit khinsider,gamefaqs and reddit if you think people are pleased with the game.

Here is a list of valid criticism btw:
  1. -Plot hole?: If Xehanort only needed those 13 No Names to achieve his goals, why are the guardians of light even needed for?
  2. -Plot contradiction: If they do need the lights to fight the darknesses why does Terranort defeat all the guardians of light before even the battle starts?
  3. -Plot contradiction: The New Seven Hearts were a backup plan in case they couldn't create the X-Blade with the guardian, yet despite that, they don't even get one of them for that purpose. (Except for Kairi?)
  4. -Random fact suddenly brought up?: Xehanort needing 13 versions of the No Name to forge the X-Blade for some reason never mentioned in any of the games.
  5. -Epilogue: The "surprise" has literally zero surprises in it. I could literally replace the surprise character by Donald and it would have made the exact same sense. There were no clues that this character had this depth.

The game definitely had some flaws, but I have issues with what you said about these

1. The no names only form after a seeker of darkness clashed with a guardian of light. They are representative of that conflict. He literally couldn't get them without the seven guardians. I thought that was obvious honestly considering a new one appears after he strikes down Kairi.
  2. I think you overestimate what is needed for the clash, the darkness simply striking down the guardian of light(like Xehanort does to poor Kairi) is enough.the whole process was likely terranort and heartless tornado knocking them out grabbing them to bring into make the pieces of the keyblade.
  3. The seven princesses of hearts are a backup plan. They(being org13) spend some time looking for them, but they haven't found them all. The whole point of Sora and gang's adventure is to find their seven guardians of light before org 13 can find all the princesses, do org13 doesn't bother to continue looking for the princesses and use them instead.
  4. I don't see why this is an issue honestly since the nonames just function as a visual indicator of the pieces of the x-blade.
  5. Huh? I don't know how the fuck you can see xigbar in all these games and not know something was up with him. I saw a lot of speculation suggesting he was involved with MoM or Luxu. "May your heart be your guiding key" and xigbar's talk with larxene, matluxia, demyx, and luxord heavily foreshadowed the luxu connection as well imo.
There are definitely issues though. The issue with Kairi in particular being the one I have the biggest beef with.

Just got the plat and then rebeat the final boss fully decked out with Ultima blade. Easily my favorite KH game, and while I do have some gripes with a few things, the game is just so endearing and charming that it ultimately all slips away for me. I'd be shocked if in a years time it somehow doesn't end up as my 2019 goty.

Bring on dlc or the next entry nomura, I'm already ready and waiting.

Last edited:

Alox12

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 23, 2019
Anyway, I guess I'll finish the game (about to start Pirates) and then come back. This thread has become madness in a blick and it's baffling.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
After subsequent playthroughs of KH2, I actually am fond of the prologue. It's made better by Days.

I do agree with that. I'm one of the few who loved kh2s opening. It felt very "homey" if that makes any sense before the big adventure kicked off. Days and com help better contextualize it ya but I also just enjoyed hanging out, playing mini games and seeing Vivi and seifer. But I understand the complaints that it was sometimes insulting to the player.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why don't the Toy Box robots have as deep mechanics as every gundum game??? Why aren't the gummi ships as intense as ace combat???

And ya to echo others, Mulan, lion King Tarzan, etc etc. The Disney worlds have been so lifeless up until now. I'm so wowed walking around thebes in kh3. Can we keep improving? Absolutely, but these feel like real Disney worlds and not corridors.

this is how you start fights

its Gundam

you may carry on.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
You could stitch DDD and a fragmentary passage to 3 and there's your prologue lol. Both lead directly into 3.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
After subsequent playthroughs of KH2, I actually am fond of the prologue. It's made better by Days.

I loved it back then and I still love it. I don't think there's anything baffling about the way they handled KH3's intro, and in fact it's probably for the best, but I also admit that after all this time I wish it had had a more mysterious, slower beginning. Just like KH2.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Better hope your mom doesn't find out what kind of filth you're posting on the internet!
Really makes me wonder sometimes the age of the people I'm discussing things with on the internet. Here I am a 30 year old with a wife and dog of my own and I'm talking to a thirteen year old who slings insults about blowing nomura.

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
KH3 is not a perfect game but it is definitely the best made KH game since KH2FM. I think this is the Osaka Team's best game. I just really don't understand how people could play KH3 and say it lacks Disney charm. Its practically foaming at the mouth with it!

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Wasn't 0.2 supposed to be the prologue of the game before Nomura separated it with the 2.8 collection?

I feel like they just decided to say fuck it and just kick of the game from that point. I think they did the right call.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't 0.2 supposed to be the prologue of the game before Nomura separated it with the 2.8 collection?

I feel like they just decided to say fuck it and just kick of the game from that point. I think they did the right call.

Kinda, yeah. I think they figured DDD wasn't enough to justify a HD Remaster on its own and stapled 0.2 to it.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
How is this game for newcomers? I havent played the previous games but i like the look of this

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017

It really does feel like the prologue. Not only is it mechanically similar, but the last cutscenes in that demo are some of then opening scenes in KH3. I'd highly recommend people play it before KH3.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Really makes me wonder sometimes the age of the people I'm discussing things with on the internet. Here I am a 30 year old with a wife and dog of my own and I'm talking to a thirteen year old who slings insults about blowing nomura.

Hahah, yeah it's certainly something to keep in mind when discussing stuff online. Easy to forget that not everyone is the same age as I am.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, Sora question here. I'll just say endgame to cover it. Though I haven't finished the game. Just got to this part.

Why can Sora walk on the water? Dark Aqua made me feel that only those in tune with their darkness could do it? Did Ansem's blast to Light Aqua specifically have her sink before?

Last edited:

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
I do agree with that. I'm one of the few who loved kh2s opening. It felt very "homey" if that makes any sense before the big adventure kicked off. Days and com help better contextualize it ya but I also just enjoyed hanging out, playing mini games and seeing Vivi and seifer. But I understand the complaints that it was sometimes insulting to the player.
I'll love that prologue purely because Twilight Town's theme is so good.

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
Compare the interaction between the original KH cast and Disney characters in this game with the interactions in the previous ones. Organization XIII only really had characterization in Chain of Memories prior to KH2FM and 3, and 3's the only game where the Disney characters outright don't take their shit.

Also they feel WAYYY more alive than they did in past games.
Ansem trying to shoo the TT kids away? You'd never have a scene like that in the past games. Not even going to talk about Monstropolis or The Caribbean.

The Organization has always felt static and kinda removed from the Disney worlds. Even Xaldin seemed unphased by the going on's of Beast's Castle. Whereas in KH3, they have just the right amount of characterization that fleshes them out. Hell, I'd argue the weakest character of the Organization is
Master Xehanort himself, and even he gets characterization at the end in terms of his background

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
KH3 is not a perfect game but it is definitely the best made KH game since KH2FM. I think this is the Osaka Team's best game. I just really don't understand how people could play KH3 and say it lacks Disney charm. Its practically foaming at the mouth with it!

Without generalizing there is definitely a noticeable divide between the camp who are "I want the story to be simple like the first Kingdom Hearts" and everyone else. And with that group, you see a lot of disdain for everything Xehanort and the Organization.

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember her having any inflection in BBS aside from getting mad in its endgame. I could be misremembering though. I felt her VA was far better in KH3 than in BBS and 0.2.

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
Without generalizing there is definitely a noticeable divide between the camp who are "I want the story to be simple like the first Kingdom Hearts" and everyone else. And with that group, you see a lot of disdain for everything Xehanort and the Organization.
You're probably right but as a video game its definitely better than BBS, DDD, Days, and Recoded I think. Story of course is always hit or miss with this series but in terms of overall fun and enjoyment it's the best since 2FM.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Man, this thread got so weird in the past few pages lol.

Why do people get upset with others liking a thing they don't like lol.

So far this is definitely the best KH game by far. It's not a perfect game obviously. I'd love a FM version with better balancing.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Some of yall need to learn to use the ignore option and not get caught up in trolls or FANaticals who already decided they hated the game before it released.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
They wanted to let players get right into the action. It doesn't make narrative sense to do a slow burn in the third game.

Not everyone played the side games beforehand to understand what the fuck was going on, even the story so far they include in the game does not help. I would have preferred them start at Twilight Town first, to me that would have been better than shoving you directly into Hercules.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
You're probably right but as a video game its definitely better than BBS, DDD, Days, and Recoded I think. Story of course is always hit or miss with this series but in terms of overall fun and enjoyment it's the best since 2FM.

I just completed Frozen's World and so far I'd say with the exception of Frozen they've actually done a really good job implementing the Disney Worlds so far.

So far, Tangled/Corona has actually been my favorite. I actually think they did a really good job tying in Mother Gothel's whole story into KH lore.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've always loved Aqua's voice tbh. Never understood the complaints.

I'm not too happy with this not Hayden VA for Kairi though.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Not everyone played the side games beforehand to understand what the fuck was going on, even the story so far they include in the game does not help. I would have preferred them start at Twilight Town first, to me that would have been better than shoving you directly into Hercules.
We already had that slow ass prologue with KH2. Its not a good idea.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Doing what, though? The previous game LITERALLY ended with Sora going to Olympus to train and get his powers back. What would you be doing stopping in Twilight Town on the way?

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's also the camp I fall in, where I don't mind the craziness at all, but wish they would better integrate the Disney stories with the original stuff, and just get someone else entirely to write it all because Nomura cannot write at all. Like, he tries, but the fact is he's horrible at pretty much every level. A lot of peeps take the piss out of the story, but most of that is ultimately down to Nomura's poor execution of basically everything. A more competent writer would deliver the same material in a much better way and that alone would make people think very differently of the quality of storytelling and writing.