• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
We already had that slow ass prologue with KH2. Its not a good idea.

I think there could have been a happy middle ground between kh2's 5 hour into and kh3's 5 minute intro. Could have been done easily by having like a basic training section to ascend yensid's tower where the player is given the option to get recaps of the prior game while climbing up. People who don't want or need a recap can still quickly get into the action while those that do aren't thrown in so quickly.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think there could have been a happy middle ground between kh2's 5 hour into and kh3's 5 minute intro. Could have been done easily by having like a basic training section to ascend yensid's tower where the player is given the option to get recaps of the prior game while climbing up. People who don't want or need a recap can still quickly get into the action while those that do aren't thrown in so quickly.

But the recaps are on the main menu. Why waste the player's time weaving them into the game and completely ignore the way the last game ended?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
But the recaps are on the main menu. Why waste the player's time weaving them into the game and completely ignore the way the last game ended?

Considering being thrown into things is a fairly common complaint even from people who finished DDD I think the opening could have been improved. I threw out a suggestion that came from the top of my head. I also imagine for a lot of people being able to see a condensed version of the recap in game as an optional part of a short intro would help ease people into this finale game.

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018
Man, this thread got so weird in the past few pages lol.

Why do people get upset with others liking a thing they don't like lol.

So far this is definitely the best KH game by far. It's not a perfect game obviously. I'd love a FM version with better balancing.

I think I agree that's it's the best KH game for sure. But it has some noticeable flaws, namely the flow of combat. It's still incredibly smooth, but I've noticed it's more aerial based than land based. Nothing major though. I'm still debating on whether I prefer KH2FM's combat or KH3's.

Oct 25, 2017
I think I agree that's it's the best KH game for sure. But it has some noticeable flaws, namely the flow of combat. It's still incredibly smooth, but I've noticed it's more aerial based than land based. Nothing major though. :P
Yeah, the aerial stuff can be floaty and the more time you spend in the air, the more it feels like you're absent from the regular flow of the battle. I wish there was an ability for you to quickly and easily return to the ground mid-combo. Or maybe it exists and I'm missing it. I know there's a circle button ability that says it does this but it's not really what I'm imagining.

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
I prefer KH2FM on critical mode for how combat felt, however KH3 could get that same treatment in the future. KH2FM was spades better than KH2 vanilla, and KH3 is definitely the best vanilla game of the series.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I beat the game yesterday on Proud, took me around 30 hours. Thinking back, i think I'd give the game 7/10. When it's fun, it's really fun. But that wasn't always the case for me, thanks to the overly massive levels and the lack of a proper map resulting in many backtracking and wandering around, and I also think overall it should be a little more challenging combat wise, as well as making attraction abilities less common. Can't speak for the story, skipped nearly all of them except towards the end. I *think* it was a good ending with climatic battle and conclusion, but yeah decent game overall.

Visually the game was great, but don't kill me for this, I think the music was not Shimomura's best. Felt like the best ones are just remixes of previous musics. Or maybe I wasn't paying too much attention.

This is a perfectly valid and well articulated opinion on the game even if I don't share it.

Refreshing.

I prefer KH2FM on critical mode for how combat felt, however KH3 could get that same treatment in the future. KH2FM was spades better than KH2 vanilla, and KH3 is definitely the best vanilla game of the series.

Agreed!

Oct 30, 2017

I think part of the issue is no part of KH3 really requires you to use anything other than a basic combo + maybe some magic. I remember 2FM Crit had me reaching deep into the bag of tricks lol.

I'm really hoping they release a Crit for this game down the line that's harkens back to what made 2FM Crit so fun.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I think I agree that's it's the best KH game for sure. But it has some noticeable flaws, namely the flow of combat. It's still incredibly smooth, but I've noticed it's more aerial based than land based. Nothing major though. I'm still debating on whether I prefer KH2FM's combat or KH3's.

I love how reaction commands made every enemy feel like a tailored experience in kh2. All the abilities in kh3 make combat feel more sand box at times.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I've been going through the older KH games via the PS4 collection. First time too. I don't think they aged that well honestly. I don't say this as someone that only loves newer games. I play games for all generations and enjoy them.

I have enjoyed the Critical Modes immensely, though. Especially LVL1 Critical Modes when they are well balanced.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Doing what, though? The previous game LITERALLY ended with Sora going to Olympus to train and get his powers back. What would you be doing stopping in Twilight Town on the way?

For people who did not play the handheld games or mobile phone games, it was a strange way to open, it left me wanting a better explanation, I was dissapointed. The recaps included on the disc do a poor job at summarizing everything and the voice talking over them is super annoying.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Y'all. There's a special instant kill animation if you use Goofy Bombadier on the sand snake Heartless. I had no idea there were things like this in the game.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Anyone else disappointed with Monstropolis? The level design was so boring (reminded me of FFXV chapter 13) and the enemies were annoying.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else disappointed with Monstropolis? The level design was so boring (reminded me of FFXV chapter 13) and the enemies were annoying.

It is dogshit. Some battles Sully is protecting Boo, but other random fights she is always being put in danger while he punches shit but then she magically appears again tagging along. The world needed to have many different places going through the various doors not a bland factory.

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Yeah I think i'll wait for a FM version because I thought vanilla kh2 was really mindless hence boring

Damerman

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Finished it... tho the epilogue is quite unpredicatble, i kinda called it a while back lol.

The secret movie made no sense to me. Not even gonna bother. The ending was good. Im satisfied. I have a couple of things that i wish were different, but it was good.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wow Pooh's world has never been very substantial but I was still pretty surprised by how short and small it was.

Poor Merlin having to camp out on the streets of Twilight Town for this so the FF characters could stay hidden in Radiant Garden lol.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
FYi yeah running this game in default mode was the way to go for me as I ran this on stable mode and the 30 fps just didn't look good to me.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
How do you do different attack's in flowmotion? I've been trying to do the buzz saw one, but I just two the two slashes every time. Is it just random?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It's low on my disney world ranking list because of its super linear, corridor level design. I didn't mind the enemies though. I quite liked the final boss for it.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
San Fransokyo and The Caribeann are some of the best worlds in the series OMG!

And the keyblades you get from them are SO MUCH FUN to use. I am in love with Nano Arms even if I been playing mostly a magic oriented build.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they keep these Keyblade tranformations for the next games. I love it.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, Sora question here. I'll just say endgame to cover it. Though I haven't finished the game. Just got to this part.

Why can Sora walk on the water? Dark Aqua made me feel that only those in tune with their darkness could do it? Did Ansem's blast to Light Aqua specifically have her sink before?

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I'll definitely go Magic for the FM version of this game. The Magic Keyblades are so much better so far.

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, Sora question here. I'll just say endgame to cover it. Though I haven't finished the game. Just got to this part.

Why can Sora walk on the water? Dark Aqua made me feel that only those in tune with their darkness could do it? Did Xemnas' blast to Light Aqua specifically have her sink before?

this might sound dismissive, but i wouldn't think too much about that. also I think you meant Ansem.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Aside from my petty complaints, I am really enjoying the game, right now it is much better than the original KH2 and Toy Box, Tangled and the Pirate world are possibly my favorites in the entire series.

Still have nostalgia goggles for KH1

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't like the caribbean's story, but going there post game doing all the explorations was quite fun.

Iceternal

Oct 28, 2017
In the Caribbean

Is the meeting between everyone when Jack and Will switch sides supposed to be the first time we see Davy Jones ?

It's weird that he's just there without having a proper introduction since we've never seen him before in KH

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
How do you do different attack's in flowmotion? I've been trying to do the buzz saw one, but I just two the two slashes every time. Is it just random?
Depends on the amount of targetable objects near you and how you initiate the flowmotion. For example, if there are several targetable objects (doesn't have to be enemies), you'll do the spinning attack.

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, I did mean Ansem. Though odd, thought there would be an explanation for it.

No worries. The reason I say don't worry about it is because I think it was just done because it looks cool, and the Dark World is weird like that. I feel comfortable saying this because KH3 sorta admits that some decisions were made because why not.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
No worries. The reason I say don't worry about it is because I think it was just done because it looks cool, and the Dark World is weird like that. I feel comfortable saying this because KH3 sorta admits that some decisions were made because why not.

Thanks! I'm fine with that. It was a pretty neat resurgence of said character nonetheless.

Espcially the ending lol that was savage af

I'll admit even I liked that end sequence. lol

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't 0.2 supposed to be the prologue of the game before Nomura separated it with the 2.8 collection?

I feel like they just decided to say fuck it and just kick of the game from that point. I think they did the right call.
They should patch it in as a free update imo.
Optional content ofcourse

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
The Gigas stuff would have been fine for a limited time but I'm not sure I signed up to play a janky FPS.

Game really seems very unfocused. Like every small idea needs to be thrown in for some reason.

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
In the Caribbean

Is the meeting between everyone when Jack and Will switch sides supposed to be the first time we see Davy Jones ?

It's weird that he's just there without having a proper introduction since we've never seen him before in KH
This whole world seemed pieced together badly. I never watched the film so I was completely lost. I guess this is how anyone who jumped into KH3 as their first KH game feels. By far the worst world, storytelling wise, but damn what an enjoyable 2nd visit playthrough. So much to do.