• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Just started playing a few days ago because I was away, and so far this game is awesome. Beat the first 3 world's including Olympus. I loved Toy Story's world (story was meh), and Corona was also good. Game is extremely charming, and although the dialogue can be cheesy it doesn't bother me one bit and I've laughed quite a few times. I have no idea how people have beat the game in like 25 hours, I'm at like 18 so far.

at 37 hours i have almost all the achievements..........its not that long

Oct 26, 2017
So I got the 30 Lucky Emblems which should get me the
epilogue when I beat the game? And how do I fight the secret boss? I heard mention that there is one in the game but I have no idea how to get to it or if there are certain requirements.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Why does Riku have a stand that is himself from KH1? Is this from DDD? I don't remember the ending to that one too well. I know Xehanort somehow went into the past and brought back his younger self? Did Riku:The World also come about by the same thing?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Why does Riku have a stand that is himself from KH1? Is this from DDD? I don't remember the ending to that one too well. I know Xehanort somehow went into the past and brought back his younger self? Did Riku:The World also come about by the same thing?
Replica Riku just hitched a ride inside Riku after COM

Unrelated, but the flan game in Arendelle is horribly easy.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Replica Riku just hitched a ride inside Riku after COM

Unrelated, but the flan game in Arendelle is horribly easy.

So if that's the one from CoM. Xehanort decided to make a second Replica Riku, but this time make him evil? I swear Nomura is just laughing thinking all the ways he can make this as weird as possible

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So if that's the one from CoM. Xehanort decided to make a second Replica Riku, but this time make him evil? I swear Nomura is just laughing thinking all the ways he can make this as weird as possible

That's Actually Time Travelling OG Replica Riku from the time he was evil (ie before the Namine Brainwash) If I understood correctly

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I have made it to the mansion in Twilight Town. Sure, I don't have much experience with the series--just played through KH2 100% on the PS2, beat DDD on the 3DS, and played only some of 358/2 before getting bored with it--so I have loose knowledge on what the main overarching plot is, but I'm really enjoying this game! I love how the worlds aren't just rooms and are now more complicated in their geometry and makeup. The design on offer is interesting finally. :)

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I actually like the minigame, but I specifically dislike how they introduce it to you? The stakes/strategy of the first two variations feels incredibly unclear... because they're weirdly making you play to a certain number of points, instead of having a timer as they normally do afterward.

I'm guessing it was so they could give you the big rewards without misleading you about what your score would normally get you, but it felt needlessly worse to play than it could have been.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Alright I is over I beat KH3! Loved the game and it had my favorite worlds out of all the other games in the series in the end. So I am super happy about that! OST was awesome as well and also this game looked fucking amazing. Unfortunately I didn't like the final boss sequence as much as I did compared to KH2 so in that regard KH3 ain't coming out on top. Overall though I think this is my favorite game in the series to date. Can't wait to see where it goes next!

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I feel like I'm in a minority when I Say that I really like Rutger Hauer's Xehanort performance... but I still have to cede that it's weird for Xehanort to suddenly have a strong Dutch accent lol

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
I feel like I'm in a minority when I Say that I really like Rutger Hauer's Xehanort performance... but I still have to cede that it's weird for Xehanort to suddenly have a strong Dutch accent lol

he grew on me. it was just jarring going from such a strong performance from nemoy (loved his gruff, grizzled voice, it was so perfect for Xehanort) to a kinda broken english, old-man voice. i mean it is better on the second playthrough imo but yeah nemoy would've killed it. loved his VA work.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are some of the best standout OSTs from Shimomura?

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In Arandelle right now and I had a stupid ass ear to ear grin and tears in my eyes
the second I heard "Let it go" begin to play and until the end of that scene. To see that iconic song from the movie being so flawlessly represented in this game but with cuts to Sora, Donald and Goofy
was fucking incredible. The love put into this game is out of this world. Kudos, Square. You deserve every sale.

AwakenedCloud

Oct 27, 2017
So I had some free time today and made these for the community. I figured it would be a fun thing to overlay on other photos.
VuixK5P.png

JGJZrRT.png

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Can we talk about how much cooler KH2 Riku looked than any other Riku design?

kh2-riku.jpg

He looked alright in KH3, but this one was just too good. (He looked better before his random haircut, though...)

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck games that force you to endure back to back cutscenes and action segments before you can reach a save point. I had to lose probably 20 minutes of progress including getting to the Pirates world because of this bullshit.

Arendelle's world theme is gorgeous

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I need 3 more synthesis ingrediens before I can even craft ultima weapon... will I get these after
the final disney world?
or did I miss anything?

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hi, not super into Kingdom Hearts, but super into Shimomura. Any YT links of great songs from this game?

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of sad that the first time I encountered difficulty on my level 1 Proud file was at the Arendelle final boss, mostly because of the wonky camera and some odd hitboxes. Ate some food for the first time across my 2 playthroughs and that trouble already went away.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my goodness what a freaking letdown that in Arandelle
the party member that joined my cause was, of all Frozen characters available, freaking Marshmallow!

Seriously, in all my speculations the moment this world was announced I thought of a number of combinations of probable party members but not once did I think the fucking hulk snowman (who in the movie is seen only causing trouble to the heroes). Hell I thought I might get NO Frozen party members before thinking I'd get freaking Marshmallow. How cool would it have been to have Elsa casting Blizzagas with me? Or even Kristoff and Ana fighting some Heartless!

How come we can team up with Woody, Buzz, Sully, Mike, Hercules and even another Disney princess (Rapunzel) but in Arandelle we get third rate character who barely has lines in the movie?
What happened here? Something tells me the behind the scenes reasoning is more interesting than what we ended up with.

Christ.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there has to be a nostalgia "misremembering" of KH1 and 2 by some. Which is understandable after a decade. Lol I had a buddy bring up the triangle commands being so common saying it wasn't like that in 2 when the original release was literally press triangle to win on most difficulties.
The world's are ligitimately "corridors with some open spaces" and devoid of any life aside from main characters. It still plays fantastically and remians one of my favorites but 3 definitely stepped up aspects that some don't give it credit for.
I for one I'm surprised they didn't change the green triangle prompts that appear above chests and other context sensitive places for the Xbox One version. I thought the could change the green triangle into a yellow "Y" figure but i guess not.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
In Arandelle right now and I had a stupid ass ear to ear grin and tears in my eyes
the second I heard "Let it go" begin to play and until the end of that scene. To see that iconic song from the movie being so flawlessly represented in this game but with cuts to Sora, Donald and Goofy
was fucking incredible. The love put into this game is out of this world. Kudos, Square. You deserve every sale.
"Wow. I don't know what it is I just saw, but Wow"

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Wow. I don't know what it is I just saw, but Wow"
Arandelle peaked early. Most of it after that was went nowhere but downhill in more ways than one.
Seriously Marshmallow is the party member that joins? A third rate Frozen character with hardly any lines? Fanfiction will be the only way we get Sora fighting alongside Elsa's Blizzagas now.
That was a huge letdown.

Velg

Jan 6, 2018
Wow wow wow San Franskyo was so good. How can people hate it? It's a nice self contained story with a ton of heart and I felt like the characters were so good. We're in the end game now...

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Can we talk about how much cooler KH2 Riku looked than any other Riku design?

kh2-riku.jpg

He looked alright in KH3, but this one was just too good. (He looked better before his random haircut, though...)

Yeah, Riku looked cool in the hooded organization coat, and when he had the blindfold on with that, and when he looked like Ansem SoD.

I don't remember if he had another outfit on KH2, but if he did it was probably so awful I blocked out from my memory.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please explain to me Maleficent and Pete's role in this?

They spend the entire game looking for a black box and it seems like they have absolutely no bearing on the plot with them being barely featured. It's confusing to me why they're even in the game if it didn't even matter.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please explain to me Maleficent and Pete's role in this?

They spend the entire game looking for a black box and it seems like they have absolutely no bearing on the plot with them being barely featured. It's confusing to me why they're even in the game if it didn't even matter.
Laying the foundation for the next title in the series.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Still amazed at how there literally is nothing after the main story in terms of content. Seriously.....if you don't craft the ultima weapon before the last stretch of the game you basically get sparingly time to actually enjoy it.

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Still amazed at how there literally is nothing after the main story in terms of content. Seriously.....if you don't craft the ultima weapon before the last stretch of the game you basically get sparingly time to actually enjoy it.

I'm waiting to see if they add Critical + more content before I even bother farming for that, if not I won't on just Proud mode.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I'm waiting to see if they add Critical + more content before I even bother farming for that, if not I won't on just Proud mode.

It's actually not bad to get it at all. The easiest out of all the games outside the original KH2. The bistro ordeal takes much more time if you forgot ingredients along the way.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
The exploration theme for the last galaxy is lowkey one of the best tunes in the game don't @ me

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I wonder if
party member Elsa has a chance at being paid DLC or a Final Mix option.

TheCed

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my goodness what a freaking letdown that in Arandelle
the party member that joined my cause was, of all Frozen characters available, freaking Marshmallow!

Seriously, in all my speculations the moment this world was announced I thought of a number of combinations of probable party members but not once did I think the fucking hulk snowman (who in the movie is seen only causing trouble to the heroes). Hell I thought I might get NO Frozen party members before thinking I'd get freaking Marshmallow. How cool would it have been to have Elsa casting Blizzagas with me? Or even Kristoff and Ana fighting some Heartless!

How come we can team up with Woody, Buzz, Sully, Mike, Hercules and even another Disney princess (Rapunzel) but in Arandelle we get third rate character who barely has lines in the movie?
What happened here? Something tells me the behind the scenes reasoning is more interesting than what we ended up with.

Christ.

From what I understood, Disney restricted Square heavily.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
And I'm done with the game! It only took literally the entire afternoon, but it's finished (honestly I didn't believe the game was finished myself at first, I was expecting one more form)

mqvJZ8p.jpg

I'm a bit disappointed they didn't keep track of deaths, that number would have been easily in the hundreds. I was surprised to see Riskcharge as "most used command" since I barely used dark Sora (I guess the number was inflated since everytime I got that form, I'd use all the charges and go straight to Finisher so I could fight normally).

Anyway, the final final gauntlet took ages to complete. The Xemnas, Dansem and Teenage Xehanort fight took way too many retries. We got really lucky, as Teenage Xehanort died first, then Xemnas and then poor KH1 Ansem was left for last. Xemnas was a real bastard on the Xemnas / Ansem fight though.

The section after with the 13 uh Heartless (still not sure what was going on there) also took a while. I kind of liked that section, as you can approach the 13 enemies at your own pace and the level layout has a lot of health pickups, but it was way too much to do all of that one go so I just brute forced the fight with Aeroga spam and Hi-Ethers (if you go to one of the encounters where the entire group spawns, and you time things just right, you can trap all of them with Aeroga. I basically did that, then used the Hi-Ethers to keep them trapped over and over and it worked, most of them died with only a few easy stragglers left. (Also just want to mention that I feel stupid for not using Aeroga until that encounter, it seems ridiculously good)

After that there was only the Armored Xehanort and the Xehanort with the Chi-Blade. The Armored Xehanort fight seemed to be way, way harder than the actual final fight imo, as his strings are really tricky to counter (especially if you're not fighting in midair, which seems to be the intended way to fight). The first section was the hardest, the second section was a breeze (it was an underwater section, so basically not all that difficult) and the third section was just more gimmicky than anything.

The final Xehanort fight ended up being kinda fun? You can get into ridiculous guard / guard attack shenanigans with Xehanort and his keyhole clones. The fight isn't all that bad, as guarding nullifies almost everything, include his ridiculous chi-blade attack, and Xehanort's attacks are actually really weak (like I don't die in one or two hits unless it's the Chi Blade section). The only thing that was really hard was the dark Sora section. You don't get a checkpoint and learning how to fight him is hard when you have to replay the whole section. I ended up cheesing most of the fight with Ariel because I just *needed* to finish the game at that point and I was getting sick of replaying the dark Sora section, but it honestly wasn't that bad.

And I guess that's it; Level 1 Proud is finished! That in-depth post is gonna have to wait 'til later though. I almost might try my hand at any post-game bosses there happen to be.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished it. As far as story goes, it's a great finale for the Xehanort Saga and really loved the ending. Best level design with ease. Toy Story especially was insane.

Now combat and boss fights on the other hand... yeah it's it's an Osaka team game alright. This is their third game and they still don't get it.

Moves and animations aren't as satisfying as the ones in 2, and why most of transformed weapons have that shitty animation where sora spins like an idiot? do they really have no idea how to make a long combo without having sora spinning?

And the lack of superbosses stinks. Watched a video of what appears to be the only secret boss in the game and I'm not sure if I'll ever fight him. doesn't look fun or interesting.

Good game, but a flawed sequel to one of the greatest action games out there. Honestly wish SE will give the IP to another team. I doubt the combat will be any worse lol.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any exp-boost items in this game? Playing through the collections leading up to this game, feels like those kind of items were "final mix" things, huh?