• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Wow 100 acre wood sucks. Bejeweled

It really does. It might be because I'm too old, but it also doesn't even fit with the rest of the worlds. Most adults like Disney movies. Most adults don't like Winnie the Pooh. And like you said, the world is just throw-away anyways. It takes like 20 minutes. I have no idea why they put it in.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Arandelle peaked early. Most of it after that was went nowhere but downhill in more ways than one.
Seriously Marshmallow is the party member that joins? A third rate Frozen character with hardly any lines? Fanfiction will be the only way we get Sora fighting alongside Elsa's Blizzagas now.
That was a huge letdown.
Going by the recent interviews about how they worked alongside the Disney teams this time around, that was probably Disney/The Frozen team's call more than anything. Nomura straight up said Frozen was the property that had the most restrictions placed on it.

It really does. It might be because I'm too old, but it also doesn't even fit with the rest of the worlds. Most adults like Disney movies. Most adults don't like Winnie the Pooh. And like you said, the world is just throw-away anyways. It takes like 20 minutes. I have no idea why they put it in.
But kids do.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my goodness what a freaking letdown that in Arandelle
the party member that joined my cause was, of all Frozen characters available, freaking Marshmallow!

Seriously, in all my speculations the moment this world was announced I thought of a number of combinations of probable party members but not once did I think the fucking hulk snowman (who in the movie is seen only causing trouble to the heroes). Hell I thought I might get NO Frozen party members before thinking I'd get freaking Marshmallow. How cool would it have been to have Elsa casting Blizzagas with me? Or even Kristoff and Ana fighting some Heartless!

How come we can team up with Woody, Buzz, Sully, Mike, Hercules and even another Disney princess (Rapunzel) but in Arandelle we get third rate character who barely has lines in the movie?
What happened here? Something tells me the behind the scenes reasoning is more interesting than what we ended up with.

Christ.

Yeah, I was disappointed we didn't get the sisters in our party. The theories that Disney didn't want them fighting are even weirder when you consider the original Disney Infinity had Elsa with ice magic and Anna using a grappling hook and shovel during combat.

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone please explain to me Maleficent and Pete's role in this?

They spend the entire game looking for a black box and it seems like they have absolutely no bearing on the plot with them being barely featured. It's confusing to me why they're even in the game if it didn't even matter.
To encourage people to play the mobile game

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017

Probably because it's been featured in the main games. It's a continuity throwback.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So I am up to the Caribbean and really like the gameplay so far. A bit easy but fun enough to keep my attention. If it had been at all frustrating it would have been shut off during Corona.

I just want to scratch my ears off when listening to Donald Duck.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Wow 100 acre wood sucks. Bejeweled

After the great progress they made in KH2, I was really letdown by 100 Acre Wood in KH3. The jump in quality on Pirates was just insane. It's easily been my favorite world, and I spent several hours doing everything I could. Leveled my ship all the way and finished the Flan challenge. The only one that just felt lacking to me so far was Toy Box. The girlfriend review was on point about how it's just one room, the street and then Titanfall. It wasn't bad, just drawn out in the same spot doing the same thing.

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I'm pretty sure I'm in the final area of the game here - I made it to that "one area" in the trailers.

I don't dislike the game, but I have way more bad things to say than good.

1. The plot pacing is one of the worst I have ever seen. Literally nothing important happens in the first 80-90% of the game and they cram everything into the last 2-3 hours so you don't get to savor any of the events that happen.
  2. I mashed the X button for almost every fight in the game, barring form changes/trips, and had almost no issues. The only difficult bosses were the ones where it wasn't a traditional fight and those were not well designed enough to be enjoyable. It's horrendously easy even on proud mode. The combat is flashy but it doesn't seem to have any depth at all. If it does have depth, I haven't had to use any advanced tactics at all (also I don't know what the advanced tactics are in this game). I still have no idea what high-level gameplay in this game is supposed to look like.
  3. I get the gummi ship has to be there because its traditionally in KH, but I don't find it fun at all and it breaks up the pacing further. I was never able to binge the game for more than an hour or two at a time aside from the final hours because the pacing lost my interest.
  4. There's a very noticeable lack of KH regulars here, I won't go into it because spoilers.
  5. The new game worlds are beautiful, I just wish they actually played a role in the story.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
After the great progress they made in KH2, I was really letdown by 100 Acre Wood in KH3. The jump in quality on Pirates was just insane. It's easily been my favorite world, and I spent several hours doing everything I could. Leveled my ship all the way and finished the Flan challenge. The only one that just felt lacking to me so far was Toy Box. The girlfriend review was on point about how it's just one room, the street and then Titanfall. It wasn't bad, just drawn out in the same spot doing the same thing.

Agreed on Toy Box. It didn't feel like Toy Story at all except for the first few minutes.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. Pirates might just be my new favorite world in the series unless any of the later worlds take me by surprise. I spent so much time doing everything and exploring on that world.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I was disappointed we didn't get the sisters in our party. The theories that Disney didn't want them fighting are even weirder when you consider the original Disney Infinity had Elsa with ice magic and Anna using a grappling hook and shovel during combat.
Disney Infinity was Disney playing with their own toys. KH is lending their toys to Square Enix and telling them no to scratch them.

Nov 1, 2017
I'd be interested on a sort of 'behind the scenes' doc on this game as so much of it is up and down. Parts of it are such a let down and others feel much more realized. I feel like I enjoy parts of this game more than the sum of its parts.

WhiskerFrisker

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The last fight with Xehanort will be an absolute nightmare on critical mode. Those high speed spinning attacks and getting hit by multiple clones at once is annoying and it will only be exasperated when you die in 4 hits.

Additionally, why is is that when enemies teleport it breaks the lock on? It's makes it so you can't even see when an enemy starts attacking you.

FerryF1

Feb 18, 2018
I've finished all the Disney Worlds, watched A LOT of cutscenes,
fought Aqua, then fought Ventus, and assembled the 7 guardians of light

Is the end near?
Im starting to feel some drag/fatigue now that ive cleared all the Disney worlds

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I've finished all the Disney Worlds, watched A LOT of cutscenes,
fought Aqua, then fought Ventus, and assembled the 7 guardians of light

Is the end near?
Im starting to feel some drag/fatigue now that ive cleared all the Disney worlds

Pretty much. It's a long road to the end but you're almost there.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm torn between just deleting the game or actually finishing the platinum. Still have a ton of gummi stuff and synthesis stuff to do. Reading up on the synthesis list for one of the weapons makes me want to give up on it.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Got the platinum earlier today. Really enjoyed it cringe and all. Ending was great but damn there's still way too many unanswered plotlines. Took me 45 hours to get the platinum. Played on proud and it was like playing the first game on beginner, way way way to easy. Secret boss was destroyed with brute force at level 65 without any strategy or move reading whatsoever. Synthesis trophy was also easy, what I thought would be a pain as not an easy way to check what you have or haven't already synthesised without menu switching all the time ended up taking just an extra hour and a half after finishing up. Didn't die once the entire game. Think that says it all difficulty wise.

Final battlegate boss, just to show how broken Ultima weapon is even on proud mode.

Last edited:

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
people keep saying "all the Disney worlds." As opposed to what? In all lists of worlds I've seen, it's just Disney worlds. Pixar is Disney.

maybe I don't want to know, if it's spoilers.

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
people keep saying "all the Disney worlds." As opposed to what? In all lists of worlds I've seen, it's just Disney worlds. Pixar is Disney.

maybe I don't want to know, if it's spoilers.
They mean as opposed to KH original worlds (examples from previous games being Destiny Islands, Traverse Town, Twilight Town, TWTNW, etc.).

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Got the platinum earlier today. Really enjoyed it cringe and all. Ending was great but damn there's still way too many unanswered plotlines. Took me 45 hours to get the platinum. Played on proud and it was like playing the first game on beginner, way way way to easy. Secret boss was destroyed with brute force at level 65 without any strategy or move reading whatsoever. Synthesis trophy was also easy, what I thought would be a pain as not an easy way to check what you have or haven't already synthesised without menu switching all the time ended up taking just an extra hour and a half after finishing up. Didn't die once the entire game. Think that says it all difficulty wise.
I'm around that many hours myself but still have quite a way to go for the platinum. But I'm not sure what my accurate hours on cause I leave the game on a while sometimes. I absolutely don't want to bother getting the rest of the Orichalcum+ and I can't even remember which ones I have done already. I'm getting ready to go and hunt down a ton of the other items I need for synthesis. Absolutely don't want to fly in a gummi ship anymore but thats what is next after synthesis.

Oct 26, 2017
Just got out of Olympus. Can someone help a KH newb out with a few story questions?

1. This bit with Aqua is confusing. Why do they need her?
2. Why is she in the Abyss?
3. Why do they need 'someone close' to Aqua to be qualified to dive in and find her?

Thanks

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I think 100 Acre Woods being to barren is due to the minigames they have over the rest of the game (not that that really stopped 1 from having it have a decent amount) so they didn't feel the need to put in something else

It's a real shame though because it's not that fun for me. Part of what made that world for me was the minigames and taking a break from the maingame/killing heartless.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Just got out of Olympus. Can someone help a KH newb out with a few story questions?

3. Why do they need 'someone close' to Aqua to be qualified to dive in and find her?

Thanks

Did you watch the summaries in the extras section of the game? If not I recommend you do.

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks

1. They need 7 guardians of light (basically strong Keyblade wielders on the side of light to oppose the 13 seekers of darkness). Aqua is a Keyblade Master who they know the whereabouts of, and she's the only one who knows where some others (Ven and Terra are)
2. She fell into the Realm of Darkness over a decade ago trying to save her friend Terra (this was the plot to Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep)
3. Having someone close to her would make it easier to locate her heart within the realm of darkness because her trail has gone cold

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
So I know it probably is too early to consider what they plan to do next, but they did confirm DLC for KH3, right? If so, it does make me wonder if they might consider a MP option or if they would actually consider an extra world or two.

Either way, I'm playing through the game one more time on Proud Mode and after that, I'm going to flip a coin on what I do with the game from there. Still enjoyed it and am more than happy to put it as a GOTY contender for 2019.

Deleted member 29464

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
For some reason, my Leviathan won't let me climb it and I can't see the chest that's suppose to be there?

Edit: Also, why does my Leviathan look worse than some videos I've seen despite mine being max level?

Edit: Nevermind, I think I was using the Black Pearl.

Last edited:

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
So I know it probably is too early to consider what they plan to do next, but they did confirm DLC for KH3, right? If so, it does make me wonder if they might consider a MP option or if they would actually consider an extra world or two.

Either way, I'm playing through the game one more time on Proud Mode and after that, I'm going to flip a coin on what I do with the game from there. Still enjoyed it and am more than happy to put it as a GOTY contender for 2019.
Nomura's suggested that he'd be more interested in doing the usual Final Mix additions as DLC and free content updates this time, but there's no confirmed plans of anything yet.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Now that I think about it, KH3 is definitely the first game where I've appreciated underwater exploration, and even combat. I like how they made your attacks and magic do unique things like that.

How do I beat that Super Strong Heartless ship south of the Carribean world.

I wish I could tell you. I don't even know if i've actually beaten it myself. I see the last ship go down but theres no reward, then it instantly appears again if i go to the spawn zone. Doesn't help that most of the time I ended up moving out of the small area by accident and it just despawns mid-fight which is annoying as frek.

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

Thanks
you should really look up the story from the past games, us explaining it toy you will still leave you blank

Deleted member 29464

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Now that I think about it, KH3 is definitely the first game where I've appreciated underwater exploration, and even combat. I like how they made your attacks and magic do unique things like that.

I wish I could tell you. I don't even know if i've actually beaten it myself. I see the last ship go down but theres no reward, then it instantly appears again if i go to the spawn zone. Most of the time I end up moving out of the small area it's in and it just despawns which is annoying as frek.
The same thing happened to me a few moments ago. No idea if I actually defeated it or not cause I never got to board it.

Oct 26, 2017
1. They need 7 guardians of light (basically strong Keyblade wielders on the side of light to oppose the 13 seekers of darkness). Aqua is a Keyblade Master who they know the whereabouts of, and she's the only one who knows where some others (Ven and Terra are)
2. She fell into the Realm of Darkness over a decade ago trying to save her friend Terra (this was the plot to Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep)
3. Having someone close to her would make it easier to locate her heart within the realm of darkness because her trail has gone cold

Thank you much!

you should really look up the story from the past games, us explaining it toy you will still leave you blank

I went through the 'story so far' vids . I think it's easy for me to forget details here and there when there's so much to digest across 10 plus games

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Can we talk about how much cooler KH2 Riku looked than any other Riku design?

kh2-riku.jpg

He looked alright in KH3, but this one was just too good. (He looked better before his random haircut, though...)

Not cool at all. His mullet grated on me. I prefer his Sasuke/Noctis haircut