• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slash12771

Jul 12, 2018
got to MI so far and at around lvl 25 in like 13hr. am i going too quick here. tbh i haven't paid much attention to stuff like food, gumni and that dessert heartless thing.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Me: "I can't wait to get the Ultima Weapon!"
Also me: "This Arendelle sledding minigame makes me want to kill myself"

Y'all have fun with your Ultima Weapon. Cause I ain't doing this shit

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
There is a special place in hell for whoever designed the shield's minigame in Herc's world.
I've wasted way to much time trying to beat that shit.

Honestly, the trick to it is to only turn when you need to. The arrows will actually guide you through most of it pretty effortlessly. It's when you get to the town squares that you really need to be on point with your navigation.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Finally beat Toybox. What a blast.

I am one of the three kids that didn't like Toy Story, so I'm really glad they used original locations; this world was the one I was looking the least forward to and I still loved every second of it. So much exploration compared to the other games, while still keeping it linear and concise, which I honestly prefer. I do understand how some of the big fans of the movie were dissapointed by it, but I really liked the toy store location and every time it was getting stale they introduced something new. Tons of fun.

Story was fine, not really attached to any of the Toy Story characters. Though there were a few lines at the Boss which made me laugh out loud, I live for Nomura's antics and he delivered here lol.

Next is Corona, my favorite modern Disney movie by far. Also know a lot of people have it as their favorite world, super excited.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat Toybox. What a blast.

I am one of the three kids that didn't like Toy Story, so I'm really glad they used original locations; this world was the one I was looking the least forward to and I still loved every second of it. So much exploration compared to the other games, while still keeping it linear and concise, which I honestly prefer. I do understand how some of the big fans of the movie were dissapointed by it, but I really liked the toy store location and every time it was getting stale they introduced something new. Tons of fun.

Story was fine, not really attached to any of the Toy Story characters. Though there were a few lines at the Boss which made me laugh out loud, I live for Nomura's antics and he delivered here lol.

Next is Corona, my favorite modern Disney movie by far. Also know a lot of people have it as their favorite world, super excited.

Rapunzel is a goddamn joy no matter what media she's in. Have fun!

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I did ok-ish at the Olympus shield challenge, and then when I came back later for more of the ingredient just kept fucking up. Kept trying and eventually had a run where everything clicked and I got the high score.

You really do want to depend on the arrows- there were a couple I'd missed for a very long time. I also felt that tilting the camera down a little helped, and sometimes you want to hold back on the stick.

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
Beat the story last night! I loved the whole endgame. Really made all my work keeping up with the lore worthwhile.

I can't decide whether I want to go for the plat or not. Already have all of the treasures and emblems but everything else sounds like such a chore...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Beat the story last night! I loved the whole endgame. Really made all my work keeping up with the lore worthwhile.

I can't decide whether I want to go for the plat or not. Already have all of the treasures and emblems but everything else sounds like such a chore...

Take a break and come back later. That's what I'm doing. Especially since the only trophies I have left are grind-related (synthesis uggggggggggggh).

Zaverious

Oct 25, 2017
Really the worst part of the frozen slider minigame was not knowing which treasures you had. If it had that it would've been alright and I'd get a general idea of where treasures might be at. I was looking for VII for the longest lol. Oh and if it controlled like other snowboard games but oh well.

Velg

Jan 6, 2018
What's the earliest you can start working towards Ultima Weapon? I've just finished the last Disney world and wanna have some battles lined up to actually use it. Worried I don't have much game left...

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It pains me to say it, but I think I'm done with KH3. Played most of the other games and enjoyed them back in the day, but 3 just isn't doing it for me. I managed to make it to Frozen and that's where it just clicked that things aren't working for me. I think it's because that's the movie I was most looking forward to and it just didn't live up to my expectations. It kind of made me realize that I was putting up with a ton of other stuff that I'm not a huge fan of just to get there.

Combat just isn't engaging enough for my tastes, and it feels like gameplay segments are too few and far between. Cutscenes are too frequent and drawn out for my tastes as well. I feel like any given conversation could take half the time at the very least with better delivery. Ugh...

I guess this is my first disappointment of 2019, but I'm glad others are enjoying it. This isn't an attempt to downplay anyone else's enjoyment. I just kind of needed to write this out to really come to terms with it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It pains me to say it, but I think I'm done with KH3. Played most of the other games and enjoyed them back in the day, but 3 just isn't doing it for me. I managed to make it to Frozen and that's where it just clicked that things aren't working for me. I think it's because that's the movie I was most looking forward to and it just didn't live up to my expectations. It kind of made me realize that I was putting up with a ton of other stuff that I'm not a huge fan of just to get there.

Combat just isn't engaging enough for my tastes, and it feels like gameplay segments are too few and far between. Cutscenes are too frequent and drawn out for my tastes as well. I feel like any given conversation could take half the time at the very least with better delivery. Ugh...

I guess this is my first disappointment of 2019, but I'm glad others are enjoying it. This isn't an attempt to downplay anyone else's enjoyment. I just kind of needed to write this out to really come to terms with it.

Frozen is like the worst world in the game, which is both a shame and (unfortunately for me) not a huge surprise. The sheer amount of executive meddling at work in that world makes it a really tough one to get through. I would advise you at least give Pirates a shot before giving up, but I understand if you're just done.

pixxelz

Oct 30, 2017
I don't know why but i was under the impression that for the synthesist trophy you had to collect all the materials not craft every single item in the game, I'm starting to regret going for the platinum now but it's to late to stop since I already got all of the annoying ones.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Finally
Beat all Disney worlds. Got to play with my girl Aqua. Preparing for a keyblade war now and then I guess it's a wrap

Game has been pretty awesome overall. My favorite entry into the series

Then don't do it. Earning a plat trophy should be something that occurs naturally. Plus, no one cares whether you earn the trophy or not so play other games instead. Come back later if you get the itch

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Oscurita di Xehanort is such an amazing theme. I need to be able to replay some of these boss fights dammit.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Oscurita di Xehanort is such an amazing theme. I need to be able to replay some of these boss fights dammit.

It's kind of amazing that they finally made Xemnas' theme epic. The final final battle in KH2 always kind of underwhelmed me musically (sorry!), but now we finally get to see what Yoko was going for with it.

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The plat isn't so bad. You got the long stuff out of the way but the synthesis completion is quite as long. I'd say go for it. I enjoyed the platinum hunting.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
so many of the flan minigames are annoying lol

sledding in olympus? annoying controls

fighting flans in monstropolis? annoying camera that makes it hard to see the one-shot kills from the big flan coming

taking "excellent" photographs in corona? wtf is your problem. why did you think we'd have fun doing this?

the only one i enjoyed so far was the one in toy box

agc

Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
I beat the game the other day and I'll admit to not playing a lot of the games inbetween 2 and 3, so maybe I'm missing something, but
it just feels like a lot of the Disney worlds are a waste of time in the larger story, as nothing of note seems to happen until after you finish them all and start the final act of the game.
Correct me if I'm wrong, of course!

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I beat the game the other day and I'll admit to not playing a lot of the games inbetween 2 and 3, so maybe I'm missing something, but
it just feels like a lot of the Disney worlds are a waste of time in the larger story, as nothing of note seems to happen until after you finish them all and start the final act of the game.

This has been the case in most games. Even KHI and II

Re:Coded being the biggest offender

Crashnburn85

Oct 25, 2017
California

That is actually a funny coincidence cause I just finished Frozen world last night and felt it was a total slog. I admittedly haven't seen the movie so the way they skipped the story beats so casually lost my interest in anything having to do with the characters. Like, who was that big baddy at the end? Why did I have to scale the mountain what felt like a dozen times....

So far some worlds have been better self-contained than others (e.g. Monsters, Toy Story, Olympus), and that makes them more engaging. Other times, the way the Disney worlds just tiptoe around their characters and central stories has been frustrating for me.

The combat I've found enjoyable mostly due to the variety of keyblades. The attractions got old fast but the other systems are still fun and engaging for me. I wish I had selected Proud mode though since things are way too easy.

Ultimately I'm gonna see it through just to see how this clusterfuck of a story concludes. This is a game that feels like an uber polished PS2 era game at times, for better or worse. It's been a love hate relationship for me so far - though still finding it charming from time to time.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
That is actually a funny coincidence cause I just finished Frozen world last night and felt it was a total slog. I admittedly haven't seen the movie so the way they skipped the story beats so casually lost my interest in anything having to do with the characters. Like, who was that big baddy at the end? Why did I have to scale the mountain what felt like a dozen times....

So far some worlds have been better self-contained than others (e.g. Monsters, Toy Story, Olympus), and that makes them more engaging. Other times, the way the Disney worlds just tiptoe around their characters and central stories has been frustrating for me.

The combat I've found enjoyable mostly due to the variety of keyblades. The attractions got old fast but the other systems are still fun and engaging for me. I wish I had selected Proud mode though since things are way too easy.

Ultimately I'm gonna see it through just to see how this clusterfuck of a story concludes. This is a game that feels like an uber polished PS2 era game at times, for better or worse. It's been a love hate relationship for me so far - though still finding it charming from time to time.

We know Frozen being shit is 100% on the Frozen team not wanting Sora to take part on ANYTHING that involves the plot of the movie

That's why the story is basically Lion King 1 1/2 with Sora being in the background of every event

ThiefofDreams

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to the snow in Seattle I had time to finish up Kingdom Hearts 1. Gonna start Kingdom Hearts 2 today. Probably just going to end up watching recap videos for all the in between stuff.

bjamin88

Alt account
Banned
Jul 29, 2018

You nailed it, "that feel of a polished PS2 era game at times". I played roughly 2-3 hours of the remastered games but just couldn't get in to them, I bought KH3 and enjoying it quite a bit (got to Tangled world) but it definitely has that feel at times, for me at least.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Started it on Proud and I'm getting my ass kicked to start Twilight Town, lol

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Just landed in San Fransokyo and saw the Moogle's new photo mission.

My beautiful evening star should have been called "Ma belle Evangeline" to reference Princess and the Frog.

el_skywalker

Feb 8, 2018
Brazil
I'm really disappointed all the disney worlds had already been revealed.

I somehow lost the memo that those would be all and was expecting some surprise.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
You guys are making it even worse that I've been stalled for most of the past week right before Frozen, lol. Hoping to just get through all of the world tonight.

I did play a decent amount this Sunday, but a stream I wanted to catch suddenly happened, so I just spent about 4 hours mopping up Gummi missions and some collectibles...

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finished the game a little while ago. I thought it was well done and had a few super hype moments. Some really serene and beautiful ideas presented, and many of them worked well (not all). The only thing I was kinda put off by was the amount of head-nodding and grunting in so many end-game cutscenes lol. Maybe it's a cultural thing in Japan but it was just non-stop.
Anyhow, well-done Nomura. Here's to hoping for some Final Fantasy DLC and a quick turn-around for KH4. Onto FF7R with haste!

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
This has been the case in most games. Even KHI and II

Re:Coded being the biggest offender

Nah, KH1 and KH2 had breaks in between and especially big mid-game reveals in their respective hub world. (Traverse Town, Radiant Garden). KH3 is a complete slog until endgame, and it makes sense since it mimics the structure of most of the Osaka team games.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, KH1 and KH2 had breaks in between and especially big mid-game reveals in their respective hub world. (Traverse Town, Radiant Garden). KH3 is a complete slog until endgame, and it makes sense since it mimics the structure of most of the Osaka team games.

It is kind of interesting to think that yeah, all of the Osaka games are insanely, insanely backloaded whereas 1 and 2 actually have story doled out in much more reasonable portions. I never thought about that until recently. I wonder if that's a Yasue thing.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
Take a break and come back later. That's what I'm doing. Especially since the only trophies I have left are grind-related (synthesis uggggggggggggh).

Just do battlegate 12 like I did in sanfransokyo with toy story keyblade and a lucky ring. You'll get about 5 or 6 wellspring crystals each time. Found it quicker to make the other crystals then actually find them

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

but none of them happen at Disney worlds,

I agree with the story having a midpoint climax. But Disney worlds are not a part of them

Ouroboros

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Finished the game a little while ago. I thought it was well done and had a few super hype moments. Some really serene and beautiful ideas presented, and many of them worked well (not all). The only thing I was kinda put off by was the amount of head-nodding and grunting in so many end-game cutscenes lol. Maybe it's a cultural thing in Japan but it was just non-stop.
Anyhow, well-done Nomura. Here's to hoping for some Final Fantasy DLC and a quick turn-around for KH4. Onto FF7R with haste!
Hastega. I want these games asap.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frozen is like the worst world in the game, which is both a shame and (unfortunately for me) not a huge surprise. The sheer amount of executive meddling at work in that world makes it a really tough one to get through. I would advise you at least give Pirates a shot before giving up, but I understand if you're just done.

Describing it as a polished PS2 game is really a great way to put it, and I think that's why I haven't viewed it as favorably. Funny enough, I started playing KH3 right after re-playing RE4 so it felt really fresh for a bit. It was only after I started playing RE2 Remake and Monster Hunter World that it started to feel dated. I will add that I do enjoy the combat in a junk-food sort of way. It's not something I really need to think about and I'm ok with that.

I didn't realize that Pirates was the next world, and that I was somewhat close to the end. I think I'll give it one more go to at least make it to the end. Thanks for your replies!

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
It is kind of interesting to think that yeah, all of the Osaka games are insanely, insanely backloaded whereas 1 and 2 actually have story doled out in much more reasonable portions. I never thought about that until recently. I wonder if that's a Yasue thing.

Possibly.

The gist of Osaka team games seems to be to focus on gimmicky gameplay and separate the Disney and KH elements from each other quite sharply. Maybe this makes development quicker because that way there isn't too much overlapping and jobs can be allocated quicker amongst the team.

but none of them happen at Disney worlds,

I agree with the story having a midpoint climax. But Disney worlds are not a part of them

I'm not sure I agree with you.
KH1 had several great story moments tie in with Deep Jungle, Neverland and Monstro.
KH2 had revisits to each world to deal with the organisations meddling.

See both KH1 and KH2's plots and world visits had purpose. In KH1 Sora, Donald and Goofy were constantly searching for Riku and Kairi, and he never forgot about that. It made traversing different worlds make sense, and the laughs/adventures they had along the way were cherished.

In KH2 a slightly more mature SDG were looking for Riku (and also King Mickey) to get home, but as the plot went on, he realised he was part of something bigger and he would need to do much more to save his friends. These two plots worked together.

In KH3 Sora is looking for the "Power of waking" which he forgets about as soon as he gets to Olympus (seriously), and from this point in general, world visits lack purpose. In fact Sora doesn't even need to lock the keyholes of these worlds anymore apparently, wasn't that the point of world order? Sora barely comments on WHY he is there anymore, compared to the first two numbered games where the poor kid just wanted his friends back and to go home. It's funny because the writers DID write themselves a reason for Disney worlds to have purpose, but they abandoned it themselves...out of laziness? Disney? Pixar? Who knows.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

Ah so it's a Kingdom Hearts game.

The games between 2 and 3 are more crucial to KH 3's plot plot than 1 and 2 are. Good luck understanding anything.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
We got a favorite keyblade topic going yet?
Because I'm kind of hooked to that one I got in Corona or Tangled World. When that thing proc's shit gets very real

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'm not about to pretend that Disney worlds in KH2 outside of Beast's Castle and maybe Land of Dragons had any plot relevance.

KH3 definitely could've used a midgame world to help unpack plot points, though. Even Birth by Sleep managed that with Radiant Garden. (Probably not coincidence that it's the best world in that game, too)