• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Big Hero 6 world is hands down the best world in the game, it feels like a classic Kingdom Hearts game. Crazy anime freedom of movement, great set pieces, tight combat (no excessive health bars or bullet sponge bosses), and stuff that actually moves the main story along. I really enjoyed the cast of characters and it felt like I was watching an actual Pixar film. I want to actually see this movie now

I think the other worlds for the most part suffer because they feel so disjointed and unrelated to the plot. Like even in KH2 you felt you were progressing the story forward on unrelated Disney worlds. Frozen and Tangled's worlds were straight up awful. Pirates was good aside from a few bosses. Toy Story's was alright.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Who the hell did the sound composition for the "Do you want to build a snowman?" segment? Having adult Anna talking directly over signing child Anna was a jumbled mess.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
My gummi ship does virtually no damage against bosses. How do I make this better without actually playing too much with this awful mechanic?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
In addition to critical mode, I'd love if they could... reduce/remove the loading time to the bistro. Critical might make food something you actually need to care about, but having that loading screen before it just makes it seem like a chore. Should be quick and painless.

e: also would love Winnie the Pooh filter toggle. Would definitely make some other worlds look better.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game last night. I played through on Proud because I heard the game was easy as fuck. It was indeed easy as fuck.

But that aside, I more or less enjoyed the relevant parts of the game. Unfortunately the relevant parts of the game were only the last few hours, once they stopped doing the disney world stuff and moved past the organisation 13 filler and wrapped it all up. Everything was pretty well done from that point and I don't have any real complaints.

That said, I'm not sure why the game took so long to make, there really feels like a severe lack of content. I imagine the whole thing went like this:

"Ok we need to finish this KH3 game. I know we have a lot of plot points to wrap up, but I think we can do that pretty well."
"Umm... but don't we have to do the disney world stuff too?"
"No? We have done that for every game so far, it is a pointless waste of time"
"... I agree but we need to have Donald and Goofy in the game and the disney bosses say to do that we need to promote like 5 or 6 of their worlds."
"Fuck Donald and Goofy, we'll just say they died off screen and nobody will care.
"But Mickey? We have a scene planned where he does that eyes looking down thing. It is pretty much 100% of the game's emotion lost if we lost him."
"...Fine. But we don't have to make up any reason for Sora to visit those worlds do we?"
"Fuck no, he can just appear, go through the basic story of each world and move on. It'll be fine. Like he could show up in the toy story world and we will not even begin to say why. We'll just throw in a random organisation 13 member somewhere to appease the suckers who paid for the mobile spin off titles."
"Ok... but if you put in a world with musical numbers I swear to god I'll loop the "friend in me" music in the toy story world in the most obnoxious way possible"
"... umm ok sure. By the way I have the meeting with the frozen people this afternoon ..."

I'm still glad I played it and had a bit of emotion at the end when the music started playing. Not so much for anything felt playing the game, but because of how life has gone, how the series has stayed with me and ... yeah.

Do I hope to see more? Yeah sure. The game is still fun to play in its repetitive way and if they can get rid of Sora, who is a complete and utter moron they might have an interesting story to tell. They might also not have you do things like collect hundreds of crabs, because fuck that.

A solid 7.5/10. Doesn't quite hit the heights of KH2, but it was fine.

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I really don't get what the problem people had with crabs was. It takes like 5-10 minutes and you get to explore a huge ass town that's actually populated.

Pirates was the best world by far.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I really don't get what the problem people had with crabs was. It takes like 5-10 minutes and you get to explore a huge ass town that's actually populated.

Seriously one of the most overblown things. You don't even need to do a full lap. You just have to go from the ship to the fort. There's another whole half the island you don't have to even touch to get enough.

Deleted member 1698

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously one of the most overblown things. You don't even need to do a full lap. You just have to go from the ship to the fort. There's another whole half the island you don't have to even touch to get enough.

I agree, but doesn't that also highlight the problem?

You don't have to do anything different to what you are already doing to complete the task. So why is it in the game? It isn't fun, it doesn't add to the story, they barely even mention it once you have done it. In fact they barely even mention the story that sits above the story around the crabs that they don't mention.

So it is just a bit of pointless filler to pad out the pointless filler that is 95% of the entire game.

That isn't good.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Now that I've thought about it, here are some changes I'd really like to see. I've divided up my list of changes into smaller changes (that could probably be doable just with patches) and larger changes (that'd probably need DLC or even bigger, FM style updates to, happen).

Smaller Changes
-There should be an option to revert / cancel Keyblade transformations on command (just like how you can cancel limits, attractions and certain team up attacks).

-As funny as it is to see Roxas solo Saix, they really need to rebalance Roxas' AI. It's nuts that you really can do nothing (other than land the killing blow) and Roxas will do all of the work for you.

-I'd like them to add a visual indicator for the grand magic / keyblade formchange gauge. It'd be really helpful to know exactly how many hits you need to land (and exactly how much each hit is worth) to get a command.

-It'd also be great to know what exactly kind of command you're about to get with that gauge. It'd just be really helpful to know rather than having to second guess whether you'll get a GM or FC command.
Bigger DLC / Final Mix style Changes
-This doesn't need to be said but this game needs Critical Mode badly.

-The team up commands really need to be revamped. How they're implemented really, really sucks, it's super annoying how actually getting them during a fight is really inconsistent. While I think just flat out changing them to work like in KH2 would be excessive, you really need to have more control over them.

-Links also need a revamp. At the very least, I'd remove Links being able to heal Sora and fully restoring Donald and Goofy's health and magic too. Just limiting it to Donald and Goofy being revived (with no heal for Sora) would be a good start.

-Despite being down on Attractions at first, I actually think Attractions aren't too bad as they are. It's only the damage of Attractions (on anything that's not a handicapped Proud run) and the length of certain ones (like Pirate Ship) that's the issue. If the damage and length were cut down, they'd be perfect imo (I actually like how they're activated, and how the game is always consistent with specific encounters and bosses)

-This is gonna be controversial but underwater combat needs to be revamped. Underwater combat is soo boring, because it removes almost all of the interesting layers to KH3's combat (like Keyblade switching, formchanges, unique magic types etc.) and leaves you with nothing but "hit boss, swim away from boss to dodge attack"

-I want fully unique shotlocks for all the Keyblades. And not just unique animations either, it'd be great if all the shotlocks had more utility other than "shooting enemy with projectile with a dose of iframes". So far, there's only Ever After and Hero's Origin (with the health drain) and the Arrowguns' maxed out Shotlock (that puts you directly above enemies). Do more things, like maybe magic draining, or inflicting status effects on enemies.

-I'd like to see a bunch of existing worlds and bosses get rebalanced / tweaked. Monsters Inc could use so much more enemy variety, and while I have a very specific list of boss changes, I think it'd best to simplify it as buff the really easy bosses (the Cube from BH6, Davy Jones from PotC), change up some of the more repetitive bosses (also the Cube from BH6, Lump of Horror from MI) and maybe consider tweaking some of the more annoying ones (cough Wolf Heartless cough)

-Some of the worlds could also be expanded a bit like Hundred Acre Wood and Twilight Town.

-I'd like to see some extra Links added, and I'd specifically like to see a summon that can actually fly and be useful against flying enemies.

-Add Data Fights / solo versions of all the group bosses from the end of the game. It seems like such a waste to have all these bosses in the same game, and not allow you to fight them individually. I'd love to fight fleshed out, KH3 versions of Replica Riku, Ansem, Xemnas etc.
I feel like I'm forgetting some other ideas, but here's what I could think of right now.

Despite not initially planning to play this game so soon after release, Kingdom Hearts 3 has been pretty damn fun to mess around with.

I was honestly expecting to be down on the game's combat for not looking nearly as fluid as KH2. What I got was very different from KH2 for sure... but KH3 also managed to be just as fun as that game (just in a completely different way). While the combat has its rough spots, I also think its got soo much potential and I'm seriously hoping that a KH3 Final Mix is in the works, because I really want a better paced and balanced campaign to go with the combat system.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
The pirates world surprised me with how much love it got. Amazing cutscenes, fun ship and under water gameplay with so much fun exploration. Then i got to Big Hero 6 world and got Frozen flashbacks again. Really disappointing tbh.

btw considering i'm almost done with all the Disney worlds and there was barely any story progression, how many hours of pure story should i expect considering i'm starting to feel burned out.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Late Game Boss Spoiler

I may be alone in this thought but I really think Roxas and Xion bodying Saix is by design. The music, the spectacle, I am almost certain the three of you are actually supposed to just squash him. It's a big huge revenge moment for all three of them, but especially Roxas and Xion after Days.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
I may be alone in this thought but I really think Roxas and Xion bodying Saix is by design. The music, the spectacle, I am almost certain the three of you are actually supposed to just squash him. It's a big huge revenge moment for all three of them, but especially Roxas and Xion after Days.

I also thought that it was intentional on my first playthrough as the opener to the fight was really tough... but honestly there's no way that's actually the intention because they went to the trouble of making an actually unique second phase for Saix

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Im in the final area, and it seems i just got a bug

I think i got a bug. So i saved all others' hearts and i went back to the graveyard. But the scene repeats again. Eww, i dont want to restart the game again

Yunsar

Oct 27, 2017
Im in the final area, and it seems i just got a bug

I think i got a bug. So i saved all others' hearts and i went back to the graveyard. But the scene repeats again. Eww, i dont want to restart the game again

That's not a bug.

Just keep playing and see what happens.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
You went back in time my dude
That's not a bug.

Just keep playing and see what happens.

Wheewwwwwww! I deleted my save to restart again. Thankfully i had a backup file from ps plus storage. I literally almost cried

So i lost 2 hour session because of this. But when i restarted again from my backup, errrr it actually didnt take that long to reach my most recent point😑😑

It turns out this game's cutscenes are the ones being too long

Also, who is the silver haired guy sora met inside the heartless tower? Please dont anseer if it is revealed later

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Wheewwwwwww! I deleted my save to restart again. Thankfully i had a backup file from ps plus storage. I literally almost cried

So i lost 2 hour session because of this. But when i restarted again from my backup, errrr it actually didnt take that long to reach my most recent point😑😑

Also, who is the silver haired guy sora met inside the heartless tower? Please dont anseer if it is revealed later

It's not revealed.
It's
Ephemer, a young Keyblade wielder from the mobile game who eventually becomes the leader of a Keyblade Wielder guild that survived the Keyblade War, his spirit is in the Graveyard and he lent you the Keyblades of his guild members. All those names that appeared for Sora to link with are names of actual mobile players!!

Its supposed to be a mystery in the context of KH3's main characters though, so expect a full reveal in a later game

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
If it's one thing I'd wish them bring back from 0.2 it's to be able to have all consumable items available in battle but limiting it to three uses per battle. I kind of liked that and was a bit disappointed they went back with equipping them instead in the menu.

The crab thing is something doesn't add up to be anything but filler, but I wouldn't say it's bad at all. When people started mention it I thought they'd be scarce and hard to find.

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe we're still complaining about crabs. A few minute segment amidst a 35 hour game.

Anyway question . I'm curious how much longer I have. Just made it to
kingdom heart

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
So, I think I want to play the game again, but it was way too easy. My initial playthrough was on Proud mode, balanced stats, and I chose the Sword? option (Attack+). What are your advices? I was thinking Proud mode, focus on HP (therefore less MP, since magic is overpowered) and Shield (at least it will give me Second Chance and the likes early, not that we really need it).

I could try a level 1 playthrough, but from what I've read some boss battles become everything but fun (notably the flying one in Pirates). I want the game to be challenging, not to make it a chore.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The crab thing is something doesn't add up to be anything but filler, but I wouldn't say it's bad at all. When people started mention it I thought they'd be scarce and hard to find.
It's no more filler than basically every other activity in every Disney world

This is some God of War 3 "why won't the final boss die" silliness

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting close to what I assume is the final boss. These KH2/BBS remixes are pretty cool and it's great to hear them again after so many years. KH2 had some phenomenal music

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm in San fransokyo and I've read 2 sources that say that Damascus should be purchasable from the store after bearing the Frozen world, yet the Moogle in Hiro's garage did not have any. What am I missing?

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
So going forward what sort of level design would you peeps want to see in future entries in the series. Linearity like Corona, open like Caribbean or perhaps go back to smaller worlds like previous games with a focus on quantity?

I'm thinking about how I'd like them to depart from the linear worlds and making them more open with a more sense of exploration and interactivity, to change the usual formula.

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
So, I think I want to play the game again, but it was way too easy. My initial playthrough was on Proud mode, balanced stats, and I chose the Sword? option (Attack+). What are your advices? I was thinking Proud mode, focus on HP (therefore less MP, since magic is overpowered) and Shield (at least it will give me Second Chance and the likes early, not that we really need it).

I could try a level 1 playthrough, but from what I've read some boss battles become everything but fun (notably the flying one in Pirates). I want the game to be challenging, not to make it a chore.

Level 1 is definitely a slog.

Others have said it's manageable so long as you upgrade your keyblades and eat food though. I personally couldn't tell you how much better it is (I wasn't interested in taking the time to hunt down ingredients or synthesis materials so I didn't bother) though I have seen footage on YT of people actually beating bosses in a reasonable amount of time with upgraded keyblades and food buffs on Proud Level 1.

Not sure about the early game choices / builds. I haven't heard much talk about any choices being better than the others, though I haven't looked into it.

Last edited:

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Level 15-20 is pretty fun, just pop on Zero EXP when you hit that point. It makes things still fun and the last chunk of the game can't be a god bit more challenging.

Deleted member 1698

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So going forward what sort of level design would you peeps want to see in future entries in the series. Linearity like Corona, open like Caribbean or perhaps go back to smaller worlds like previous games with a focus on quantity?

I'm thinking about how I'd like them to depart from the linear worlds and making them more open with a more sense of exploration and interactivity, to change the usual formula.

I'd go the complete opposite.

Keep the worlds linear, short and focused. The gameplay isn't near interesting enough to keep you exploring and if they make it more open you are just asking for more pointless collectibles.

What they should instead be doing is adding more story to each world. For example an actual point to being there, some sort of goal to achieve beyond "hey that girl looks a bit sad" and some sort of tie to the wider story beyond "we have big plans...what plans? ... secret plans, bye"

I mean they could go open world with story and interesting things to do... but no other developer has been able to really pull this off and these guys have no chance. As such they should focus on what they have a small chance of pulling off.

I mean someone at disney should be able to put a story together... right?

Mario Bilo

trying to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
I'm in San fransokyo and I've read 2 sources that say that Damascus should be purchasable from the store after bearing the Frozen world, yet the Moogle in Hiro's garage did not have any. What am I missing?
Had the same problem. You can't buy it. Just flying around the gummi ship and shoot those blue asteroids and you'll get plenty in 5 minutes.

Yata

Feb 1, 2019
Spain
Finished Monstropolis. It turned into such a fun world, I'm actually impressed. The boss fight was the best so far, even if the game is still too easy. But it made me even more sure that if the game had Critical Mode it would be a much better experience.

The way Sully and Mike
defeated Vanitas
was fucking hilarious.

What a fun game. It continues to be so much better than what I was expecting.

I know the next 4 Disney worlds are much more love it or hate it kind of deal, so let's see how they fare.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But some ot threads already have 400 pages but still not moving to another new thread

I think the ones that are set for a montly/bimonthly/seasonal/whatever rotation get a pass, but beyond that I'm pretty sure the 400 page rule is law.

Btw, i have finished the game, so i want to replay it again with japanese audio. Is there a way to enable the option?

No. Only way to play KH3 with the Japanese voices is to buy the Japanese version.