• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Via @mel_lifluous3
  • DLC trailer next month(?)
  • Photo Mode
  • Slideshow Mode
  • Fast Pass Mode
  • "Black Code"
Photo Mode allows you to pose any of the game's protagonists (and even antagonists in one hilarious example photo) in your chosen setting with props and background effects. Example props included a giant pancake, sparkles, a Dusk, and dream eaters

Slideshow mode lets you take the photos you've created and add background music, transitions, zooms and create a slideshow. The example photos were hilarious and showed an incredible range of possibilities.

Fast Pass Mode and Black Code allow you to change difficulty settings. There were too many potential settings, went by so fast, but Fast Pass Mode lets you essentially one-shot kill enemies and had at least 7 attractions / spells stacked up above the combat menu.

Black Mode lets you tweak difficulty to extra hard including choosing how much health you have. The example battle was against Marshmallow in Frozen world. The demo player had to constantly block his swiping attacks and had no way to heal (used a kupo coin though).

This is in addition to already confirmed DLC additions such as:

- 13+ new bosses
- Additional gameplay scenario
- New cutscenes about Xion, Naminé, Young Xehanort, and Lingering Will
- Choose who to play as in certain boss battles
- New Keyblades and forms (free via patch)

Here are the two previously released trailers which show only a fraction of what is currently confirmed:

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Might be a good idea to include a quick summary of the other stuff in the DLC from one of your previous posts in OP, just so you don't have folks going "WE WAIT ALMOST A YEAR TO PAY FOR PHOTO MODE AFTER WAITING 15 YEARS BLAH BLAH!"
giphy.gif

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Damn i was typing all these out but I was beaten! :P

Anyways a new trailer in December is the least shocking thing ever. I guess Jump Festa it is.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
13+ New bosses?

Interesting. Why do I not think is what I'd like to think it is? As in, this better not be mostly Keyblade Graveyard swaps.

I'll keep an eye to see how unique the content in the DLC really is to decide whether YouTube will be my stop shop for it or not.

OP
OP
Chaserjoey

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
13+ New bosses?

Interesting. Why do I not think is what I'd like to think it is?
If you think it's new bosses, then it won't be what you think it is. It should be something like the KH2FM data bosses, which had Sora fight buffed up versions of all of Org XIII. This time it should be Sora fighting buffed up versions of the New Org XIII (which has is a 1v1 battle system with the bosses having new moves).

I think there was a new super secret boss teased as well but SENA haven't been as forthcoming with details so it's difficult to confirm what is in.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Black Mode was made for the no damage community in mind. Based Osaka.
Bizkit and WillJV2 are ready to eat.

DanteLinkX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I started playing this game some weeks ago, and I am loving it so far (might be my fav kh game, I have played them all up to this one and this seems to be the best in terms of combat, level design, and overall fun), up to toy story world, without spoiling me, can someboy please tell me if this is a Story dlc? As in a new chapter/extension of the story? Or is this just a dlc that adds some gameplay content and nothing major story wise?

OP
OP
Chaserjoey

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Still no 30fps lock?
These kinds of things are rarely confirmed by devs right? Personally, I just bought a 4K TV and hope that the update brings HDR so a 30fps lock would be great since even the option to prioritise frame rate still had some bumpy moments on PS4 Pro.

I started playing this game some weeks ago, and I am loving it so far (might be my fav kh game, I have played them all up to this one and this seems to be the best in terms of combat, level design, and overall fun), up to toy story world, without spoiling me, can someboy please tell me if this is a Story dlc? As in a new chapter/extension of the story? Or is this just a dlc that adds some gameplay content and nothing major story wise?
There are some parts which add cutscenes to the existing game, but there's a new scenario which is probably set after the ending of the game, and chosen through the main menu rather than occurring naturally.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
Is this a paid dlc? I bought the game like 2 weeks ago and have only finished the first world, makes me wonder if I should hold off on playung more.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I hadn't seen those trailers at all. This new scenario looks like its going to be yet another Nomura Clusterfuck Masterpiece on top of the clusterfuck that is the KH3 ending reveals, bring it on.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
If i had to take a guess when it would drop there are 3 main points of when it could show up
the final concert which is 26-27, The Game Awards which is the 12 or Jump Festa which is 21-22

also watch the DLC come out either the 25th or the 29th of January

Is this a paid dlc? I bought the game like 2 weeks ago and have only finished the first world, makes me wonder if I should hold off on playung more.
some of the content is free but most of it is paid, besides the extra difficulty options and the new keyblades most of this should be post game stuff so feel free to beat it

OP
OP
Chaserjoey

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Everything is paid except for the Oathkeeper and Oblivion Keyblades (+ their forms) as they'll be added via the patch that makes the game accessible with the DLC.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just bought the game, but this looks to be adding some story content? I'm cool with waiting until it comes out to play then.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ptolemaios
Need to farm materials to upgrade Oathkeeper and Oblivion before the dlc comes out. Data battles gave me so much more longevity out of KH2

OP
OP
Chaserjoey

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
When did they confirm 13 new bosses? They'll probably be data bosses anyway but I can't remember a confirmation on that
It's a little jump on my behalf, but between the TGS trailer showing off rematches with Xigbar and Vanitas, plus the press release saying "players travel to a familiar realm and encounter powerful new bosses", it sounds like all the Keyblade Graveyard bosses are re-playable (I think this may have been confirmed from Nomura via somewhere else but I can not for the life of me remember, but having only Xigbar and Vanitas be replayable would be odd).

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's a little jump on my behalf, but between the TGS trailer showing off rematches with Xigbar and Vanitas, plus the press release saying "players travel to a familiar realm and encounter powerful new bosses", it sounds like all the Keyblade Graveyard bosses are re-playable (I think this may have been confirmed from Nomura via somewhere else but I can not for the life of me remember, but having only Xigbar and Vanitas be replayable would be odd).

In an interview, he said he wanted to match the number of bosses from KH2FM. And over 13 was mentioned in reference to the old Data Organization.

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Black Code mode seems interesting. I'd very much like a harder critical mode without having to limit my level.

I almost got thrilled and thought that Fast Pass was an auto-cutscene skip/speedrun mode.

Almost.
Oh how I'd like that. I have no problems with having to skip the cutscenes but since the loading inbetween them are quite long it just doesn't feel snappy. The other KH games on the PS4 has spoiled me with its fast loading times.

OP
OP
Chaserjoey

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like you can recreate scenes from previous KH scenes in photo mode. The example shown was recreating the Xion vs Axel scene from KH358/2 Days.

It'll be limited, imo, since it requires existing assets. The extent is probably a select few KH358/2 Days and the final KHBbS world.

Simone

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I hope we can select the fights with different characters directly from some menu, I don't know if I would replay the entire game for that :/

Dec 25, 2018

He said next month, that could mean TGA, but I think Jump Festa is more likely. Jump Festa is about a month away whereas TGA is like 2 weeks away.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
I am expecting more of Jump Festa trailer.. For TGA I expect FF7R.
Why not both? I mean if Square shows up at TGA, I doubt they wouldn't show a couple of games. We're probably getting something form Outriders (they said more to come this winter), Yoko Taro and Babylon's Fall there as well (asuming Yoko Taro isn't making Babylon's Fall lol)

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Why not both? I mean if Square shows up at TGA, I doubt they wouldn't show a couple of games. We're probably getting something form Outriders (they said more to come thsi winter), Yoko Taro and Babylon's Fall there as well (asuming Yoko Taro isn't making Babylon's Fall lol)
I mean both is possible, but I don't see them showing so many stuff at one event. They probably want focus on FF7R more there... but it's just my guess. And Nomura loves Jump Festa for Kingdom Hearts.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I likd KH3 but thought it too easy. So once the DLC hits I will do my Critical run, maybe even tweak it a bit with Black mode. But damn, Day 1 for sure. <3

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Fast pass mode seems like a great feature to just mess around with, can't wait to see how broken I can make it lol