• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
The void
Does anyone know how the pro merit rank trophy works? Do you only get points for boss fights? Or do you keep getting points your whole playthrough? Considering doing this on beginner lol. Any tips, tricks or suggestions?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
All data battles down! Xion is the best fight in the whole entire series. Absolute perfection with near zero bullshit.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Fuck me, xion is cool as shit.

All data battles down! Xion is the best fight in the whole entire series. Absolute perfection with near zero bullshit.

Who knew Goth Kairi/Female Sora would be the coolest and funnest boss in the series

tumblr_pjh9xbs5Q91r90huxo1_540.gifv

Underrated.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how the pro merit rank trophy works? Do you only get points for boss fights? Or do you keep getting points your whole playthrough? Considering doing this on beginner lol. Any tips, tricks or suggestions?
You need about 370,000 points to get to the top rank. Someone on PSTrophies compiled the percentage each code gives:

• Default Stats: Five Star (12.5%) - Resets your stats by default, regardless of your current level.
  • Zero Defense: Four Star (10%) - Your whole team's Defense is set to 0. However, Defense boosts from equipment are still applied.
  • HP Slip: Three Star (7.5%) - During battle your whole team's HP automatically decreases over time until it reaches dangerous levels.
  • MP Slip: Four Star (10%) - During battle your whole team's MP automatically decreases over time, and MP recharge time is doubled.
  • No Shotlocks: Two Star (5%) - You cannot use shotlocks.
  • No Cure: Five Star (12.5%) - Your whole team cannot use cure magic.
  • No Battle Items: Three Star (7.5%) - During battle, your whole team cannot use items.
  • No Links: 5% - You cannot use links.
  • No Formchanges/Grand Magic: Four Star (10%) - You cannot use formchanges or grand magic.
  • No Attractions: One Star (2.5%) - Attraction commands do not appear outside of certain battles.
  • No Team Attacks: One Star (2.5%) - Team commands do not appear outside of certain battles.
  • No Kupo Coins: Two Star (5%) - Kupo Coins in your possession have no effect.
  • Ability Limit: Four Star (10%) - A maximum limit of 30 is placed on abilities you can install on Sora.
With all of these turned on, the max amount of points you get per boss is:

5,000 Points
  • Rock Titan (Olympus)
  • Demon Tide (Twilight Town)
  • Angelic Amber (Toy Box)
  • Chaos Carriage (Kingdom of Corona)
  • Marshmallow (Arendelle)
  • Lightning Angler (The Carribean)
  • Darkubes (San Fransokyo)
10,000 Points
  • Ice/Lava/Tornado Titan (Olympus)
  • King of Toys (Toy Box)
  • Grim Guardianess (Kingdom of Corona)
  • Lump of Horror (Monstropolis)
  • Sköll (Arendelle)
  • Davy Jones (The Carribean)
  • Dark Baymax (San Fransokyo)
  • Demon Tide (Keyblade Graveyard)
  • Young Xehanort/Ansem/Xemnas (Keyblade Graveyard)
  • Armored Xehanort (Scala ad Caelum)
  • Master Xehanort (Scala ad Caelum)
  • Armored Xehanort (Re Mind)
20,000 Points
  • Dark Inferno (Keyblade Graveyard)
25,000 Points
  • Ansem (Limitcut Episode)
  • Xemnas (Limitcut Episode)
  • Xigbar (Limitcut Episode)
  • Larxene (Limitcut Episode)
  • Marluxia (Limitcut Episode)
  • Luxord (Limitcut Episode)
  • Saïx (Limitcut Episode)
  • Xion (Limitcut Episode)
  • Dark Riku (Limitcut Episode)
  • Terra-Xehanort (Limitcut Episode)
  • Vanitas (Limitcut Episode)
  • Young Xehanort (Limitcut Episode)
  • Master Xehanort (Limitcut Episode)
  • Yozora (Secret Episode)
You can turn the codes on right before each of the bosses, since the points only accumulate when beating the bosses above. If you have them all turned on, you need to beat every boss in the main game, Dark Inferno, Xehanort in Re Mind and half of the data bosses to get to the top rank.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Boy the secret boss really makes all the data fights look like a complete joke. I haven't been able to take a bar off the dude.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I would've beaten Master Xehanort like 4 times now if it weren't for that bullshit where he puts your max HP down to 1.

Compass

alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
So the free update adds some combat improvements and a few scenes in the last world. Is that pretty much it?

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I would've beaten Master Xehanort like 4 times now if it weren't for that bullshit where he puts your max HP down to 1.

When you're in form change the max HP reduction doesn't apply. If you're in a form change and you swap keyblades, the form change you were in continues on the keyblade you previously had and if you swap back to it you go back into that form change. Hence, its useful to keep a keyblade with form change on in reserve for such situations.

So the free update adds some combat improvements and a few scenes in the last world. Is that pretty much it?

And Oathkeeper/Oblivion.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
When you're in form change the max HP reduction doesn't apply. If you're in a form change and you swap keyblades, the form change you were in continues on the keyblade you previously had and if you swap back to it you go back into that form change. Hence, its useful to keep a keyblade with form change on in reserve for such situations.
WHAT? Not that that matters now since I just beat him.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Okay can the secret boss do his desperation move at any time? I had a situation where immediately when the fight started he did it. At least what I assume is his desperation move.

He started out by doing the weird planetorium attack which I've only seen in videos as a desperation move

Oct 25, 2017
The void
Okay can the secret boss do his desperation move at any time? I had a situation where immediately when the fight started he did it. At least what I assume is his desperation move.

He started out by doing the weird planetorium attack which I've only seen in videos as a desperation move
Yep... I was really surprised by it. I thought it was his mid health move and then when retrying he used it INSTANTLY. happened on two of my tries. He also uses his post desperation moves after you go back to the skyscraper, even if it is the beginning of the battle. It really sucked lol. I didn't win on the fights where he started with that immediately.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Yep... I was really surprised by it. I thought it was his mid health move and then when retrying he used it INSTANTLY. happened on two of my tries. He also uses his post desperation moves after you go back to the skyscraper, even if it is the beginning of the battle. It really sucked lol. I didn't win on the fights where he started with that immediately.

I feel like that is a straight up glitch.

Resilient

Oct 25, 2017
Should I start a new save on Critical for re:mind or just play on my existing save where I beat it on Proud?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Should I start a new save on Critical for re:mind or just play on my existing save where I beat it on Proud?

Probably just play it on proud because once you get to the data fights you are going to get your ass kicked regardless, it just depends how badly do you want to get destroyed. Plus you know, you would have to beat all of Critical to play Remind

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
The Xion fight is hype AF. Definitely the most fun limitcut boss even if I'm getting my ass kicked. I wish there was a way to play this as Roxas tho.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Are those voices for the FFVII characters new?
If so, that Aerith's voice actress from the remake?

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Spent 2 hours tonight on Larxene trying to do the fight proper, no simba, no rage form.

I gave up.

Outside of her DM's I have this fight down. I can dodge and counter everything she throws at me.

In the first DM's with her clones I can usually parry and attack through 1/2 of it. Once she gets the claws out and she's doing claw swipes while the clones are doing slash combos and then there's unblockable lightning, ehhh. I can't even see most of the stuff going on and can't deal with it. If I'm lucky I can survive this 1/2 without simba/rage and just use a heal. It's pretty close.

Then normal moves I'm fine again.

Then her second DM which starts with 4 flying claw swipes -> unblockable ground pound -> more stuff -> half-dozen lightning pillars -> circle of death (which isn't too bad to dodge out of). I either have to Simba or Rage form it and cheese it. Rage is better because the problem with Simba's low damage is I survive DM#2 but then I do tiny damage for the rest of Simba and she goes into DM#3 and then I'm dead or using rage form if I still have it.

I feel like the first half, 2/3rds of my run is good, but I end up using rage form and cheesing through the 2nd DM -> killing her.

This fight is making me feel like I have the patience to learn the limit cut bosses' normal moves and openings, but I don't have the time or patience to learn how to guard/dodge/escape through all the DMs without using Simba/Rage as a crutch.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
These data battles are seriously kicking my ass to the point that I'm not even sure if I'm having fun. So far I've beaten Larxene, Dark Riku, Marluxia, and Ansem.

Mit-

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I don't think I'm beating these bosses. 13? I only have the patience for like 1, maybe 2 of these per Kingdom Hearts game. I'll YouTube it.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Beat young xenahort as my first data fight. That unblockable time whip is so annoying to get hit by. His last phase is pretty intimidating but not much different from his middle phase. On to dark riku next.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Oh my god I'm a dumbass. I thought ability limit meant a maximum of 30 AP could be used but it's actually 30 abilities. I've been restricting myself further than I needed to

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I'm so upset. I was completely destroying Xion for most of one round and then again, my L1 button gets stuck after healing and I can't attack or dodge. I would've won if it weren't for that garbage.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
So, what armour and accessories would people recommend for Critical?
On Proud, I ended with:
Ribbon
Royal Ribbon
Cosmic Belt +

Flanniversary Badge
Mickey Clasp
Master's Necklace

Would that be an alright setup for Critical as well?

Oct 25, 2017
Two questions:

1) Was Airstep already a thing in DDD? It's so much fun, it makes the whole flowmotion thing justified.

2) What is the best time to go after the Lucky Emblems I missed? Just right after I finish a world to save on loading times or is it better to save it for the endgame so I don't have to deal with enemies that can still kill me? Is there any other reason to revisit the worlds later? If so, I might save it for then.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Two questions:

2) What is the best time to go after the Lucky Emblems I missed? Just right after I finish a world to save on loading times or is it better to save it for the endgame so I don't have to deal with enemies that can still kill me? Is there any other reason to revisit the worlds later? If so, I might save it for then.

Each world gets a few things you can do, especially in post game, but most of those are located right near save points, so you don't really have to do much exploring deep into the levels. If I were you, I'd say try to find as many as you can before you leave a world. There shouldn't really be anything that would kill you that you can't just run past while looking for them.

Depending on what difficulty you're playing on, you'll want to have a fair amount of Lucky Emblems by the time you finish.

Oct 25, 2017
Each world gets a few things you can do, especially in post game, but most of those are located right near save points, so you don't really have to do much exploring deep into the levels. If I were you, I'd say try to find as many as you can before you leave a world. There shouldn't really be anything that would kill you that you can't just run past while looking for them.

Depending on what difficulty you're playing on, you'll want to have a fair amount of Lucky Emblems by the time you finish.
Thanks, will do. I'll revisit Olympus after I finish Tangled tonight and look for the emblems there. I'm playing on Critical, if that makes any difference.

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just get them right away. In most worlds this is easy and you don't have to go out of your way. And you don't need abilities or w/e to reach them. On crit getting all of them as you go is crucial as the best Gear is gated behind them.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks, will do. I'll revisit Olympus after I finish Tangled tonight and look for the emblems there. I'm playing on Critical, if that makes any difference.

In that case, you don't need any Emblems, but you get some good items for collecting certain amounts, so they're worth going for.

Later on in the game, can't remember the exact point, the difficulty level and enemies in the worlds are upgraded, so it could potentially be more difficult to fight stuff if you leave it for later on.

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Boy the secret boss really makes all the data fights look like a complete joke. I haven't been able to take a bar off the dude.
Figured I was ready for anything after Xion and MX, but damn I was wrong.
It's nuts. I got to his second to last health bar once and died. I haven't closed a game that fast in a long time.

Oct 25, 2017
In that case, you don't need any Emblems, but you get some good items for collecting certain amounts, so they're worth going for.

Later on in the game, can't remember the exact point, the difficulty level and enemies in the worlds are upgraded, so it could potentially be more difficult to fight stuff if you leave it for later on.
Oathkeeper, though. :C

Airstep is a new mechanic in KH3.
Nice, great decision by the Osaka Team, and that's not something I say often. It complemented the larger levels wonderfully, and is just a ton of fun to use in general.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Oathkeeper, though. :C

Nice, great decision by the Osaka Team, and that's not something I say often. It complemented the larger levels wonderfully, and is just a ton of fun to use in general.

Well yeah, there is that lol. The equipment you'll get from getting them are way more valuable though, in my opinion.

Oct 25, 2017
Just get them right away. In most worlds this is easy and you don't have to go out of your way. And you don't need abilities or w/e to reach them. On crit getting all of them as you go is crucial as the best Gear is gated behind them.
I'm kind of blind, though. Needed to look up a guide to finish finding all the emblems in Twilight Town. And a few I missed were like "how the hell didn't I check this?"

The movie one was very intuitive, though, felt good to be right about it.